• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inflation.......... ?

.Jerome Powell is a lying piece of shit.
edit add:
I don't know about you ? but the whole propaganda presentation aka 'interview' , just builds my fucking confidence.to no ends

Confidence Builder
-

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
.Jerome Powell is a lying piece of shit.
edit add:
I don't know about you ? but the whole propaganda presentation aka 'interview' , just builds my fucking confidence.to no ends

Confidence Builder
-
I agree with you. I think we are outnumbered about 7 - 8 to 1. You and are the 1.............
My preparations are for a hard landing. And, I am being optimistic. No one walks away from a crash.
What's your plan ?

Reactions: nikonNUT
Need some deflation.
1707097811977.jpeg

American workers continue to lose ground due to inflation.

Wages vs. Inflation

Inflation has been outpacing wages for several years. Currently, the BLS estimates that wage growth won't match inflation until some point in the fourth quarter of 2024. The gap between wage growth and inflation was at its widest in the third quarter of 2022; prices had jumped 12.8% since the start of 2021, while wages had climbed a smaller 9.1%, a 3.7-point gap.

I agree with you. I think we are outnumbered about 7 - 8 to 1. You and are the 1.............
My preparations are for a hard landing. And, I am being optimistic. No one walks away from a crash.
What's your plan ?

Whats my plan ???, for surviving a premeditated economic collapse of the US currency by my own government ? I figure if History always repeats itself. Speaking from a historical perspective. Brothels always seem stay pretty flush-$ and busy even in the most unstable economic conditions . I'm sure that if I kidnap and run at least 10 skinny Chinese female illegals fresh from X-ing over the S. Boarder from their CCP handlers, and I Run them out of my garage to keep the overhead down. I could really accumulate enough of the new Federal social Credits, and new Digital currency Credits that will be replacing our de-funked US currency to make a real go of it.
Quickly working it all out on paper. I figure minus the household overhead, paying-off local LE protection, and plus I won't be paying any Fed. or State tax . I should be in the Red with enough profit to feed us all, and pay my property tax, with also a little pocket money till things pick-up again. So my plan is to start up a whore House.

Last edited:
Whats my plan ???, for surviving a premeditated economic collapse of the US currency by my own government ? I figure if History always repeats itself. Speaking from a historical perspective. Brothels always seem stay pretty flush-$ and busy even in the most unstable economic conditions . I'm sure that if I kidnap and run at least 10 skinny Chinese female illegals fresh from X-ing over the S. Boarder from their CCP handlers, and I Run them out of my garage to keep the overhead down. I could really accumulate enough of the new Federal social Credits, and new Digital currency Credits that will be replacing our de-funked US currency to make a real go of it.
Quickly working it all out on paper. I figure minus the household overhead, paying-off local LE protection, and plus I won't be paying any Fed. or State tax . I should be in the Red with enough profit to feed us all, and pay my property tax, with also a little pocket money till things pick-up again. So my plan is to start up a whore House.

Get all of your plans ironed out solid. If anything goes haywire you might have to run it by hand until you get things sorted out.

Good luck,
MrSmith

Make more money ~ Spend more money
A vicious cycle

The average rate on the popular 30-year fixed mortgage crossed over 7% Monday for the first time since December, hitting 7.04%, according to Mortgage News Daily.
It comes after the rate took the sharpest jump in more than a year Friday, after the January employment report came in much higher than expected. Rates then moved even higher Monday after a monthly manufacturing report came in high as well.

Mortgage rates have been on a wild ride since the summer, briefly crossing to a 20-year high of 8% in October. Rates then fell sharply, as investors saw more and more evidence that the Federal Reserve would end its latest phase of interest rate increases.

Then there's the Milky Way Galaxy.

From Wikipedia:
It is estimated to contain 100–400 billion stars[34][35] and at least that number of planets.[36][37]

Let's go on the upper end and estimate there are 500 billion of each, so 1 trillion stars and planets.

The National Debt is currently $34.14 for each estimated star or planet in our Galaxy, and is projected to double in ten years.

Just something to think about when you're admiring the Milky Way in the night sky.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Then there's the Milky Way Galaxy.

From Wikipedia:
It is estimated to contain 100–400 billion stars[34][35] and at least that number of planets.[36][37]

Let's go on the upper end and estimate there are 500 billion of each, so 1 trillion stars and planets.

The National Debt is currently $34.14 for each estimated star or planet in our Galaxy, and is projected to double in ten years.

Just something to think about when you're admiring the Milky Way in the night sky.

Thank you,
MrSmith
Doubtful there will be a USD in 10 years since it will be worthless. When America left the "gold standard" the rest of the world continued on with it. Just as they have done for 3,000+ years.

"Going to feel a little pinch"... "It's going to sting for a second"...
2% inflation is unacceptable. Not one qualified economics expert believes inflation is essential for an economy.
The FED is lying to "We the People"

“Monetary policy is in a good place from which to assess and respond” to risks to the outlook, Mester said in the text of a speech to be delivered before a gathering of the Ohio Bankers League in Columbus, Ohio. “The current strength in labor market conditions and the strong spending data give us the opportunity to keep the nominal funds rate at its current level while we gather more evidence that inflation truly is on a sustainable and timely path back to 2%,” she said.

Reactions: babyguppy
Inflation has not been "tamed". The moment the FED cuts interest rates the inflation flood gates will open.
“Sitting here today, I would say, two or three cuts would seem to be appropriate for me right now,” he said during a CNBC “Squawk Box” interview. “But again, I don’t want to prejudge things, but that’s, that’s my gut, based on the data we have so far.”
1707315612049.jpeg

• Wow
American's are failing to comprehend what they are being told.

While testifying before the Senate Banking Committee on Thursday, Yellen admitted that prices for most items are unlikely to return to where they were before the inflation crisis began in 2021.

"The prices of some things will decline. Others will go up. But we don't expect to see a decline in the overall price level. That doesn't tend to happen in economies, except in very negative circumstances," Powell said.

Bumpy 1.jpg

Asset inflation continues to outpace consumer inflation. Hasn’t been a bad time if you’ve had assets during this period.

Has sucked for people who are most worried with the purchasing of consumer goods

Reactions: Bradu
Asset inflation continues to outpace consumer inflation. Hasn’t been a bad time if you’ve had assets during this period.

Has sucked for people who are most worried with the purchasing of consumer goods
To a degree, it depends on the "asset".
Individuals have the most control over the purchase of consumer goods...
The wild card $$$ here is keeping a roof over their head.

The citizens of the most prosperous countries in the world have become well versed on "inflation".
When governments start to sell 2% - 4% as acceptable, they are getting a push back from the citizenry... Worldwide.
The FED Reserve is sitting on their hands and will allow more inflation to tame inflation. That creates a crash, not a soft landing.
All part of the plan... snug up.

Andrew Bailey said inflation, which measures how prices rise over time, staying at 4% last month "pretty much leaves us where we were".

The figure surprised experts who had expected a rise in energy bills to push prices up at a faster rate.

Investors have since increased bets that interest rates will fall in June.

January saw the first monthly fall in food prices in more than two years, but the cost of a weekly shop still remains much higher than two years ago.

Falls in prices for food items such as crackers, cake and crisps helped offset the rise in electricity and gas costs to keep overall annual inflation unchanged from December. Cooking sauce and instant coffee costs also eased.

Pay close attention.
The FED Reserve has interest rates pegged.
Mortgage companies continue to raise interest rates.
Wages are increasing faster than inflation, or so the government says.
Credit card companies / banks continue to raise interest rates.
This progression is unsustainable.

Inflation goes up, wages go up.... Inflation goes up, wages go up, Inflation goes up, wages go up
This is the result of the FED Reserve raising interest rates "too little, too late".
Inflation has become the norm.
FED Reserve says 2% inflation is their goal. 2% erodes a person's savings account and runs up the interest rate charged on credit cards.
What is needed is a few years of deflation to bring prices down to a manageable level. Next a 0% inflation rate should be the target.
Don't buy into the Government propaganda.
Hyperinflation is in the not too distant future.

Mortgage rates shot higher Friday after a monthly government report on wholesale prices showed inflation is still persistent and hotter than most analysts had expected.
The average rate on the 30-year fixed mortgage jumped to 7.14%, according to Mortgage News Daily. That is the highest level in two months.
Mortgage rates hit their last high in October but then fell sharply over the next two months, leveling out at around 6.6% in December. They climbed back over 7% last Friday after another government report on consumer prices came in higher than expected

Starting to appear that the markets of the world are nearing the point of uncoupling from the USD.
1708364861903.jpeg

LONDON Feb 19 (Reuters) - World shares struggled to climb on Monday after the chances of early interest rate cuts globally receded and Chinese markets recorded modest gains on their return from the lunar new year break.
A holiday for U.S. markets made for thin trading, and results from AI star Nvidia on Wednesday could challenge the latest surge in tech stocks.
MSCI's broadest index of world shares and Europe's broader index of stocks both traded around 0.05% as of 13:53 GMT.

"The mixed economic data released lately has put us in a transition period and we are waiting for the data to tell a consistent story," James Rossiter, head of global macro strategy at TD Securities, said.
A red-hot U.S. CPI print on Tuesday followed by another upside surprise in producer prices on Friday left investors anxious inflation will persist. A weaker retail sales report, suggesting slower economic momentum augmented their concerns.

As inflation trends upward... The FED says "The trend is our friend".... 😢 The FED's plan to tame inflation is to allow more inflation. Buckle up.

This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

Before the Bell: Last week we saw two key inflation reports that were fairly disappointing. Does that worry you?
Jared Bernstein: I’m not worried about that. When it comes to inflation, the trend is our friend.

Worldwide:
“Shrinking disposable incomes and worsening cost-of-living pressures should remain concerns throughout 2024, further stifling consumer spending and private sector growth,” Scribante added.

Mortgage interest rates surged last week to the highest level since early December, and that hit mortgage demand hard. Total application volume plunged 10.6% compared with the previous week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association’s seasonally adjusted index.

WASHINGTON, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Inflation data in January, with consumer and wholesale prices rising faster than anticipated, complicate upcoming U.S. central bank interest rate decisions, Richmond Federal Reserve President Thomas Barkin said on Wednesday.
The reports released last week "underline the challenge we have had in the recent data," with a slowdown of inflation dependent on falling goods prices, while shelter and services inflation has remained sticky, Barkin said in an interview with Sirius XM. Though he said he was reluctant to put "too much weight" on January data, in particular because of seasonal measurement issues, "it definitely did not make things easier. It made things harder."

"You do worry that when the goods price deflation cycle ends you are going to be left with shelter and services higher than you like," Barkin said.

It's not a tug-of-war... It's a game of "Leap Frog"... Inflation increases, wages increase, inflation increases, wages increase (repeat).
FED Reserve has never raised interest rates above inflation rate. Don't believe the government numbers.

That was Bank of America Chief Executive Brian Moynihan speaking about the whipsawing economic conditions that banks and the Federal Reserve continue to navigate, as inflation persists even while unemployment remains low and wages continue to rise.
Moynihan said Bank of America BAC account holders are spending about 4% to 5% more out of their accounts than they did a year ago, but that the pace has dropped from 9% to 10% growth in the prior year.

Inflation marches on.

WASHINGTON – Federal Reserve officials indicated at their last meeting that they were in no hurry to cut interest rates and expressed both optimism and caution on inflation, according to minutes from the session released Wednesday.

The discussion came as policymakers not only decided to leave their key overnight borrowing rate unchanged but also altered the post-meeting statement to indicate that no cuts would be coming until the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee held “greater confidence” that inflation was receding.

My home insurance just went from $3,500 last year to $5,500 this year. Got an offer in the mail for $2,600 only to find out it was with a 5% deductible.
My insurance company has been ass raping me for years, haven’t seen a wall or pocket calendar from them in years. Living in Florida has some insurance challenges currently not many companies writing new policies. Started to switch my coverage to another National company after meeting in their office and discussing bringing them our home and auto business they failed to inform me they no longer are writing new home owner policies, so I switched over my auto at renewal time , two months later I’m back in the office to switch the home coverage and the same agent tells me we don’t writer home policies for over a year (not a broker office) we can shop you around with a few companies we work with. Thanks but no thanks and I will be moving my auto insurance back to the my original company. Shame on me for not asking the direct question, will not get bit a second time when discussing coverage again.

America needs more inflation in order to get inflation under control.🤪

That dynamic is why the market is still seeing pressure on home prices. The median existing home price for all housing types in January was $379,100, up 5.1% from a year earlier and an all-time high for the month of January.
All four U.S. regions saw price increases, and 16% of homes were sold above list price.

My insurance company has been ass raping me for years, haven’t seen a wall or pocket calendar from them in years. Living in Florida has some insurance challenges currently not many companies writing new policies. Started to switch my coverage to another National company after meeting in their office and discussing bringing them our home and auto business they failed to inform me they no longer are writing new home owner policies, so I switched over my auto at renewal time , two months later I’m back in the office to switch the home coverage and the same agent tells me we don’t writer home policies for over a year (not a broker office) we can shop you around with a few companies we work with. Thanks but no thanks and I will be moving my auto insurance back to the my original company. Shame on me for not asking the direct question, will not get bit a second time when discussing coverage again.
A very general statement. I'm not seeing any insurance companies going broke. I am seeing more people gambling with higher deductibles and the poor's just doing without insurance. History repeating itself.

My insurance got a bit jerky a little bit ago. Same agent the wife's folks had when she was 16 and got her first car. We have our cars, and house with them. At one time I had 14 insured cars with them.....I had a bit of a car problem. They even did the "classic" insurance for us. Wanted to come out and look at the car, 67 Triumph GT6. I told them I want 25k in coverage, they said it would be X. Real cheap, I want to say like $25 every 6 months....crazy cheap, but then again classic cars don't really move all that much, not like you daily them. They will not cover that. They also covered the race car and tow rig everywhere up to the false grid. So if a tornado rolled through Topeka and ate my car, it would have been covered. That was crazy cheap as well. And I had a HELL of a policy on the tow rig, I could imagine the damage I could (and almost did) pulling that thing everywhere. Blow a power steering pump on a motorhome, and the steering gets a might heavy.

They started this jerk stuff and wanted to raise the rates on everything. Wife called them and said we are moving everything at the end of the month......they reversed the rate hike.

I have never had an issue with them, put a new roof on the new house after a hail storm, the old house got attacked by hail and they had to pull it down to the rafters, paid for it all.

But they will try to screw you every chance they get. Only thing worse then car insurance is health insurance.

My insurance got a bit jerky a little bit ago. Same agent the wife's folks had when she was 16 and got her first car. We have our cars, and house with them. At one time I had 14 insured cars with them.....I had a bit of a car problem. They even did the "classic" insurance for us. Wanted to come out and look at the car, 67 Triumph GT6. I told them I want 25k in coverage, they said it would be X. Real cheap, I want to say like $25 every 6 months....crazy cheap, but then again classic cars don't really move all that much, not like you daily them. They will not cover that. They also covered the race car and tow rig everywhere up to the false grid. So if a tornado rolled through Topeka and ate my car, it would have been covered. That was crazy cheap as well. And I had a HELL of a policy on the tow rig, I could imagine the damage I could (and almost did) pulling that thing everywhere. Blow a power steering pump on a motorhome, and the steering gets a might heavy.

They started this jerk stuff and wanted to raise the rates on everything. Wife called them and said we are moving everything at the end of the month......they reversed the rate hike.

I have never had an issue with them, put a new roof on the new house after a hail storm, the old house got attacked by hail and they had to pull it down to the rafters, paid for it all.

But they will try to screw you every chance they get. Only thing worse then car insurance is health insurance.
"
Only thing worse then car insurance is health insurance."
I'd say, collecting on death insurance.
Always willing to cover, mighty picky when paying out.

Inflation = Paying more for the exact same crap you got a few years ago.
Unsustainable

Feb 22 (Reuters) - PG&E Corp posted fourth-quarter profit above analyst estimates on Thursday, as the electric and natural gas utility got a boost from higher rates for its services.
In December, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) voted to pass the alternate proposed decision (APD) raising prices for customers by nearly 13% in the company's General Rate Case.
Utility companies use General Rate Case (GRC) proceedings to increase consumer electricity prices. The proceedings are initiated by utility firms with utility commissions when they have a revenue shortfall and ask for an increase in rates based on the total cost of providing service.

On an adjusted basis, PG&E reported a profit of 47 cents per share, beating analysts' estimates of 45 cents per share, according to LSEG data.
PG&E also raised its 2024 adjusted core earnings forecast to $1.33 - $1.37 per share from its previously expected range of $1.31-$1.35 per share.
Shares of the company rose 1% in premarket trade.
PG&E is the parent company of Pacific Gas and Electric Company, an energy company that serves 16 million Californians across a 70,000-square-mile service area in Northern and Central California.