• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inflation.......... ?

Two weeks later... "Why des pepl be locking everyting up en shit, yo man.. dats not rite!'
70 years ago, in Baton Rouge, the inner city got so bad that the responsible blacks started moving out of the inner city and buying homes in a better part of town. The white folks that sold them their homes moved a little ways out to the first suburbs. The term defining this was "White Flight". That term, at the time, was not seen as racist. As time went on the blacks themselves became better educated and their wages increased. They did not want to live in the inner city any more either. The new descriptive name was "out migration".
What we are witnessing is people (of any skin color) making the choice to surround themselves with people of like mind. TRIBAL
I see it all over America. Little Saigon (Orange County, CA), Compton, China Town in every large city, etc.
There are only a few tribes that support big business, financially. When the negative over rides the positive, they move on.
"It's Just Business".

Reactions: NoDopes
Janet Yellen is nothing more than a political puppet. She is attempting to sell the World a mirage. Eventually both "We the people" and the rest of the world will run out of money chasing her mirage.

“You see all these high-level headline numbers, and those numbers don’t jibe with your economic reality,” Elizabeth Crofoot, senior economist at labor analytics firm Lightcast, recently told CNBC’s Jeff Cox. “I don’t know if there’s a right or wrong, it’s just people’s reality.

Reactions: babyguppy
Tight supply kept pressure under prices. The median price of an existing home sold in October was $391,800, an increase of 3.4% from a year ago ($378,800). Prices rose in all regions of the country. These annual price increases have been getting larger for four straight months. Roughly 28% of homes sold above list price.

Even if the deficit were to vanish overnight, the interest expense would still increase because the Treasury doesn’t really pay off debt when it comes due – it rolls the debt over. That means it issues new debt to pay off what it previously borrowed, plus the interest.

The catch is that debt issued today must pay today’s interest rates, so the Treasury is rolling over debt at 5% that was previously issued at 1% to 2%.

"Shopping" Inflation = 5.5% increase .......... Discretionary, not food, fuel, rent, transportation, etc.

Consumers spent an all-time high of $5.6 billion shopping online on Nov. 23, up 5.5% compared with last year's Thanksgiving, according to Adobe Analytics ADBE, which tracks ecommerce and mobile shopping.

"Shopping" Inflation = 5.5% increase .......... Discretionary, not food, fuel, rent, transportation, etc.

Consumers spent an all-time high of $5.6 billion shopping online on Nov. 23, up 5.5% compared with last year's Thanksgiving, according to Adobe Analytics ADBE, which tracks ecommerce and mobile shopping.
government manipulating math..
consumers spent an all time high, because inflation has made everything 50 - 100% more expensive.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Sports prices have surged this fall, according to federal data. That’s made game tickets the latest victim of “funflation,” a term used by economists to explain the increasing price tags of live events as consumers hanker for the experiences they lost during the pandemic.
1701088887409.jpeg

• Haha
Sports prices have surged this fall, according to federal data. That’s made game tickets the latest victim of “funflation,” a term used by economists to explain the increasing price tags of live events as consumers hanker for the experiences they lost during the pandemic.
View attachment 8282353
anyone supporting this woke show, deserves what they get.. san francisso, cough, new york, cough.. cities near you,, cough

If I am missing something, let me know.
Mortgage rates are not coming down. Should the FED lower interest rates, inflation will kick in the afterburners.

FED will have no choice but to lower and inflation in real goods will explode in 24-25. There is no way around it as 80ies rates today are impossible without major social upheaval which ofcourse politicians will not stomach especially in election year. So expect huge market rally, maybe all times high, commodity prices through the roof (oil perhaps not as it will be kept down - if possible), food/services also up and until something really breaks on global scale it will be “smoke and mirros” for plebs…
What might cause “breakage” is supply which could (noone really know how much inertia is left) dwindle due to either transportation problems (shipping, rail accidents, truckers/port workers strikes) or middle east exploding in the US/EU face. Then the wheels are off and into the unknown (madmax or starship troopers).

I mean, Joe dipshit isn’t 100% wrong on this. However, once people run out of money this situation will correct itself.

The answer from many companies has been to cut jobs and manufacturing capacity. Charge more while making less. Demand stays high.
The "Government" has taken the stance of "The thing that will tame inflation is more inflation"... But those Government workers are on the COLA plan. 😜

However, once people run out of money this situation will correct itself.

When does this happen?

I can't believe it hasn't happened already for "the masses", right, the 70% or so of the general population that live min credit card payment to min credit card payment

It seems like people can just:
1. get another credit card
2. HELOC
3. borrow money from family
4. stop making payments on things and game the system for a year
5. declare bankruptcy and start the credit process over again
6. side gig their hairy man butthole to @akmike47 for cash money on Friday nights

When does this happen?

I can't believe it hasn't happened already for "the masses", right, the 70% or so of the general population that live min credit card payment to min credit card payment

2. HELOC
6. side gig their hairy man butthole to @akmike47 for cash money on Friday nights
I’ve been wondering about this for awhile.

I’ve started calling this a creeping recession, and the ones impacted so far are the ones making $40,000 -$50,000 a year or less.

Eventually it’ll move up to those in higher brackets.

When does this happen?

2. HELOC
The FED Reserve is attempting to make these events appear to be part of a planned soft landing.
They are running up the National Debt, handing out money, and saying the economy is strong.
If the US Government had to operate with a balanced budget for 2024, things would be different.
JMHO

1701206460520.png

The poors are still running off welfare from sleepy Joe?

Govt assistance has to run out at some point, right?

The poors are still running off welfare from sleepy Joe?

Govt assistance has to run out at some point, right?
Less than 1 trillion in 2008 lead to a 10 year bull run.

7.5 trillion was pumped in over the Covid period. Just too much money out there.

At ~5% i think more than 70% of new issued money aka debt (gov bonds) is used just to cover interest rates already issued debt. US can afford this as long as dollar has worldwide value (being trade/reserve currency) but this will or better yet is coming to an end. Its a game of musical chairs in reverse and the one with most dollars in their hands at some point in time - loses. Watch for signs of other currency/debt collapse first will be EUR with horrendous German gdp and industrial production data. 24 might still be too early as people still believe in the system and it will be another “hopium rally event” but 25 i think is the year things go really “south” for the west and then to the complete societal collapse

what they tell us .....

Some economists look at the average of GDP and GDI as a more accurate reflection of the state of the economy. This grew at a 3.3 percent rate in the third quarter.​
Spending by the federal government grew at an annual rate of seven percent, revised up from the earlier estimate of 6.2 percent. Overall government spending, including state and local expenditures, rose at a 5.5 percent rate, up from the earlier estimate of 4.6 percent.​
The economy is widely believed to have slowed in the fourth quarter. The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s GDPNOW indicates that data so far suggests the economy is growing at a 2.1 percent rate in the fourth quarter.
It's HOT HOT HOT all good.. full steam ahead

what's going on

labor participation rate

Last edited:
what they tell us .....

Some economists look at the average of GDP and GDI as a more accurate reflection of the state of the economy. This grew at a 3.3 percent rate in the third quarter.​
Spending by the federal government grew at an annual rate of seven percent, revised up from the earlier estimate of 6.2 percent. Overall government spending, including state and local expenditures, rose at a 5.5 percent rate, up from the earlier estimate of 4.6 percent.​
The economy is widely believed to have slowed in the fourth quarter. The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s GDPNOW indicates that data so far suggests the economy is growing at a 2.1 percent rate in the fourth quarter.
It's HOT HOT HOT all good.. full steam ahead

what's going on

labor participation rate
90% of the people in America simply could not handle the truth. Plan accordingly.

Smithfield Foods ends contracts with 26 US pig farms, citing oversupply​

" A company statement cited an "industry oversupply of pork, weaker consumer demand and high feed prices"
U.S. meat companies also grappled with an excess of chicken this year

excess - when the price of a product exceeds affordability, therefore people buy less, and you close the plant, due to excess.
pork here is 4.99 - 5.99 for chops -
hamburger - 90/10 is 5.99
I'll buy beef over pork. I never saw prices of pork go down, just up.
Feed prices and fuel, through the roof; causing prices to rise. People are buying less due to prices and it's being reported as 'creating oversupply' aka excess.

Last edited:
90% of the people in America simply could not handle the truth. Plan accordingly.
from article - (I call bs)
The personal saving rate was revised up to four percent from 3.8 percent.
Disposable personal income grew 2.9 percent after an upward revision

from article - (I call bs)
The personal saving rate was revised up to four percent from 3.8 percent.
Disposable personal income grew 2.9 percent after an upward revision
I’d agree with those stats. I’ve seen no slow down of spending in the $50,000 and up income range. The ones I see hurting in that range are the ones who are terrible with money.

I’d agree with those stats. I’ve seen no slow down of spending in the $50,000 and up income range. The ones I see hurting in that range are the ones who are terrible with money.
personal savings showing a large drop in 2022. I guess, it's like comparing fuel prices to Biden's 5.00 a gallon peak, and then tell everyone fuels dropping in price. Fed Gov just fails to tell you they are comparing current costs to his 5.00 dollar a gallon prices. https://www.statista.com/statistics/246261/total-personal-savings-in-the-united-states/

Handing out Trillion dollar bills, might make everyone a trillionaire on paper, but when eggs cost a Trillion dollars, are you really rich?
Inflation's a bitch.

Last edited:
I still find eggs cheap. $4.99 for 24 grade A eggs at the local store.

I still find a lot of foods cheap. Gas is cheap. That low price point during 2020 was an anomaly.

Clothes are cheap on sale.

Only thing I’m not finding cheap is labor which I’m honestly ok with.

cheap.
2 years ago, eggs were .99 cents a dozen; now 4.99 is considered cheap by some (400% increase). In a few more years, 7.99 might be cheap.
Those on a fixed income might disagree with the definition of cheap.
Easy solution, don't grow old, don't retire, work till you die. Animal farm comes to mind. Have they set up retirement homes next to glue factories yet? It will save on transportation costs.

I haven’t seen egg prices under $1.00 for a long time. This shows the same:

My eggs are $2.50 per dozen. Not bad to be honest.

A lot of retirees get COLA increases every year. It’s not like they are on a real fixed income that never changes. Besides, maybe they should have saved more for their retirement. Maybe spent less on coffee and quit going out to eat, lol.

I still find eggs cheap. $4.99 for 24 grade A eggs at the local store.

I still find a lot of foods cheap. Gas is cheap. That low price point during 2020 was an anomaly.

Clothes are cheap on sale.

Only thing I’m not finding cheap is labor which I’m honestly ok with.
Expensive labor is inflationary. Make more $.... Spend more $......

Inflation will eventually kill inflation.

Similar to a fentanyl junkie.

🙊

I haven’t seen egg prices under $1.00 for a long time. This shows the same:

My eggs are $2.50 per dozen. Not bad to be honest.

A lot of retirees get COLA increases every year. It’s not like they are on a real fixed income that never changes. Besides, maybe they should have saved more for their retirement. Maybe spent less on coffee and quit going out to eat, lol.
Just bought dozen eggs for $1.86 at Aldi in small town GA. They were $1.23 last week

You can "slice and dice" all the theories on inflation. Bottom line, prices continue to go up. This is passed on to the consumer.
The only thing that will tame inflation is more inflation... Until the collapse.

The ceiling in ocean freight prices shot up in a matter of hours on Thursday as a result of more vessels diverting from the Red Sea. CNBC has learned that logistics managers were quoted this morning an ocean freight rate of $10,000 per 40-foot container from Shanghai to the U.K. Last week, rates were $1,900 for a 20-foot container, to $2,400 for a 40-foot container. Truck rates in the Middle East now being quoted are more than double.

Still circling the airport... Waiting on that soft landing
1703254359689.jpeg

A gauge the Federal Reserve uses for inflation rose slightly in November and edged closer to the central bank’s goal.
The core personal consumption expenditures price index, which excludes volatile food and energy prices, increased 0.1% for the month, and was up 3.2% from a year ago, the Commerce Department reported Friday.
Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting respective increases of 0.1% and 3.3% respectively.
On a six-month basis, core PCE increased 1.9%, indicating that if current trends continue the Fed essentially has reached its goal.

Housing affordability plummeted this year to the lowest level on record amid the astronomical rise in mortgage rates, which put ownership out of reach for millions of Americans, according to a new report published by Redfin.

Just 15.5% of homes for sale in 2023 were considered affordable for the typical U.S. household, the lowest level on record since Redfin began tracking the data in 2013. It marks a steep drop from the typical 40% seen before the COVID-19 pandemic home-buying boom began, and the 20.7% figure recorded in 2022.

• Sad
Reactions: DIBBS
Still circling the airport... Waiting on that soft landing
View attachment 8303075

A gauge the Federal Reserve uses for inflation rose slightly in November and edged closer to the central bank’s goal.
The core personal consumption expenditures price index, which excludes volatile food and energy prices, increased 0.1% for the month, and was up 3.2% from a year ago, the Commerce Department reported Friday.
Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting respective increases of 0.1% and 3.3% respectively.
On a six-month basis, core PCE increased 1.9%, indicating that if current trends continue the Fed essentially has reached its goal.

Excluding volatile food and energy…..the only things that really matter to consumers.

Drug companies should be giving American's meds at no charge after all of the Billion's of USD's this administration has "given" to them.

Drugmakers including Pfizer, Sanofi and Takeda Pharmaceutical
plan to raise prices in the United States on more than 500 unique drugs in early January, according to data analyzed by healthcare research firm 3 Axis Advisors.
The expected price hikes come as the pharmaceutical industry gears up for the Biden Administration to publish significantly discounted prices for 10 high-cost drugs in September, and continues to contend with higher inflation and manufacturing costs
Under President Joe Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), the government’s Medicare health program can negotiate prices directly for some drugs starting in 2026.

Inflation through 2024.
Dec 29 (Reuters) - Borrowers looking for relief from higher interest rates may be set for disappointment with financial markets indicating rates will stay elevated for years to come.

However much they fall in 2024, pricing in money markets highlights a view that the decade of near-zero interest rates prevailing after the great financial crisis is unlikely to return while inflationary pressures and government spending stay high.

That risks further pain for many public and private borrowers who locked in past lower rates and have yet to feel the full impact of the record-paced central bank hikes of the last two years.

Traders have in recent weeks doubled down on bets for steep rate cuts next year, encouraged by slowing inflation and a dovish shift from the U.S. Federal Reserve.