• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inflation.......... ?

prices up
nuggets are smaller
breading has changed (cheaper)
they put fewer fries in the fry container

I use to like chick-fil-a, but it is now so expensive and the portions have gotten smaller (I am a big guy that is a big eater) it now takes two meals for me to get full, fuck that. They still have great polite employees, but I don't want to be hungry after I eat a meal.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
This will trickle down to every renter.

A survey from Assurance IQ last fall found 63% of Americans with insurance saw their home or renters insurance rise within the past year, and 67% were hit with a rate increase on their car insurance. More than half (51%) of those surveyed said they are cutting back on spending in other areas to make room in their budgets for the added costs.

TLDR: Chick Fil-A is garbage.

You’re the heathen for buying that soggy, flavorless, and overpriced chicken product.

The only chicken I’ve ever eaten that has the same texture as chick-fil-A is the sweet and sour chicken from Chinese restaurants.

Only difference is the sweet and sour chicken has good crunch and flavor.

“If we don’t maintain sufficiently tight financial conditions, there is a risk that inflation will pick back up and reverse the progress we’ve made,” Logan said. “In light of the easing in financial conditions in recent months, we shouldn’t take the possibility of another rate increase off the table just yet.”

TLDR: Chick Fil-A is garbage.

You’re the heathen for buying that soggy, flavorless, and overpriced chicken product.

The only chicken I’ve ever eaten that has the same texture as chick-fil-A is the sweet and sour chicken from Chinese restaurants.

Only difference is the sweet and sour chicken has good crunch and flavor.

I will not argue chi fil a in 2024 (and 2023 and 2022) it is garbage now
It was not always garbage, go back 20 years and it was a good fast meal at a good price
Good service and very repeatable quality from store to store to store

If you ever went near a chik fil a 20 years ago and saw the lines out the door and around the building, you would know you are the oddball on this one ;)

Today, you are correct, its turned into garbage :(

I will not argue chi fil a in 2024 (and 2023 and 2022) it is garbage now
It was not always garbage, go back 20 years and it was a good fast meal at a good price
Good service and very repeatable quality from store to store to store

If you ever went near a chik fil a 20 years ago and saw the lines out the door and around the building, you would know you are the oddball on this one ;)

Today, you are correct, its turned into garbage :(
Chick-fil-a was garbage 20 years ago.

The one that kills me is 5 Guys. When that was run by the father and sons in Arlington VA they had great tasting food at a great price and everything about them was good.

The now thousands of 5 guys restaurants that are out there are total garbage, they make chik fil a look good. I think its like $23 for a buger fries and drink now that are totally tasteless

Reactions: NoDopes
Freddie Mac's latest Primary Mortgage Market Survey released Thursday showed that the average rate for the benchmark 30-year fixed mortgage nudged up to 6.66% this week, an increase from 6.62% last week. The popular note averaged 6.33% a year ago.

Today, I received a notification from Google regarding google ads policies updates. As I was bored to death, I took 30 seconds to read the latest introduced update.

I don't know what they are forecasting here, but I found the wording very weird to say the least. Election year? They know something we don't?

In February 2024, Google will update the Inappropriate content policy to clarify the definition of Sensitive Events.

Examples of what we prohibit (non-exhaustive):
  • Products or services that exploit, dismiss, or condone the Sensitive Event, including price gouging or artificially inflating prices that prohibits/restricts access to vital supplies; sale of products or services which may be insufficient for the demand during a sensitive event

Today, I received a notification from Google regarding google ads policies updates. As I was bored to death, I took 30 seconds to read the latest introduced update.

I don't know what they are forecasting here, but I found the wording very weird to say the least. Election year? They know something we don't?
One more example of "redefining".

A "Sensitive Event" is an unforeseen event or development that creates significant risk to Google's ability to provide high quality, relevant information and ground truth, and reduce insensitive or exploitative content in prominent and monetized features. During a Sensitive Event, we may take a variety of actions to address these risks.

1705322279583.png

Reactions: eprom
Inflation is a long ways from being tamed.

Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic on Thursday laid out the case for the central bank holding off from any interest-rate cut until the July-September quarter.
Bostic said he has recently moved up his projected time to begin reducing the Fed’s benchmark rate to the third quarter from the fourth quarter because of the unexpected progress on inflation and economic activity.

Paywall

Regardless of what the government says, Inflation never went away.
  • Although rising premiums are good news for insurance firms such as Travelers, it’s bad news for customers.

Worldwide

OTTAWA, Jan 22 (Reuters) - The Bank of Canada is expected to leave its key overnight rate unchanged at its meeting on Wednesday, but stubborn inflation has markets delaying the timeline for the first rate cut in almost four years.
After the previous three months showed prices declining or flat versus a year ago, headline inflation picked up in December, accelerating to 3.4% from 3.1% and the closely-watched core inflation data also surprised on the upside.

Worldwide

OTTAWA, Jan 22 (Reuters) - The Bank of Canada is expected to leave its key overnight rate unchanged at its meeting on Wednesday, but stubborn inflation has markets delaying the timeline for the first rate cut in almost four years.
After the previous three months showed prices declining or flat versus a year ago, headline inflation picked up in December, accelerating to 3.4% from 3.1% and the closely-watched core inflation data also surprised on the upside.

wow, inflation hasn't slowed down.. who would of thought? LOL but the gov tells me it's slowing.. what huh.. how.. hahahah

The world's largest asset manager is throwing cold water on investors' expectations for multiple rate cuts in 2024

Investment giant BlackRock Inc. (BLK) is making what it calls one of its strongest strategic calls of the moment: Inflation is likely to stay closer to 3% as the world increasingly splits itself into competing blocs.Attacks by Yemen's Houthi militants on Red Sea vessels, followed by a U.S.-led response, are prompting a rerouting of tankers and cargo ships which is driving up shipping costs. Meanwhile, Taiwan's Jan. 13 election of a new president whose party supports a separate identity for the island is doing little to soothe U.S.-China relations.Read: Oil traders aren't panicking over Middle East shipping attacks. Here's why. and It's less than a year until the inauguration. Here are the stock-market lessons from 134 elections in 17 countriesGeopolitical fragmentation is accelerating, in stark contrast to the era of globalization that prevailed after the Cold War, according to Wei Li, global chief investment strategist, and others at BlackRock Investment Institute.

“As we invest in and improve Netflix, we’ll occasionally ask our members to pay a little extra to reflect those improvements, which in turn helps drive the positive flywheel of additional investment to further improve and grow our service,” the company told investors.

• Haha
Reactions: babyguppy
Inflating the bubble, with a credit card. Unsustainable.

View attachment 8332963
What a load of BS! Inflation has fallen since peak of 9.1 June of 22, reality check paying monthly bills along with grocery shopping only thing that has fallen is what I have leftover after the paying aforementioned .

The FED's plan to tame inflation: More inflation
2% is not acceptable.... 0% should be the target

The release adds to evidence that inflation, while still elevated, is continuing to make progress lower, possibly giving the Fed a green light to start cutting interest rates later this year. The central bank targets 2% as a healthy annual inflation rate.

Reactions: Redheeler
The FED's plan to tame inflation: More inflation
2% is not acceptable.... 0% should be the target

The release adds to evidence that inflation, while still elevated, is continuing to make progress lower, possibly giving the Fed a green light to start cutting interest rates later this year. The central bank targets 2% as a healthy annual inflation rate.

In the report...
Spending is up .7%
Income is down .3%
Savings rate is down .4%

How's this for a kick in the nuts. Buy a car and pay property tax on it every year. It goes down, year after year, right? Well this year it went up 20% in Arkanasas due to the price of used vehicles and low stocks (So they say). WTF?!? Yeah, I know but fuck!

How's this for a kick in the nuts. Buy a car and pay property tax on it every year. It goes down, year after year, right? Well this year it went up 20% in Arkanasas due to the price of used vehicles and low stocks (So they say). WTF?!? Yeah, I know but fuck!
This is Jerome Powell's plan to lick inflation.
Eventually more inflation will slow down the economy without the FED Reserve doing anything but holding interest rates where they are.
Increases in Credit card interest and home mortgage interest will rise "because they can".
We are circling the airport waiting on perfect conditions for a soft landing. Fuel is running low.
Snug up

Reactions: nikonNUT
This is Jerome Powell's plan to lick inflation.
Eventually more inflation will slow down the economy without the FED Reserve doing anything but holding interest rates where they are.
Increases in Credit card interest and home mortgage interest will rise "because they can".
We are circling the airport waiting on perfect conditions for a soft landing. Fuel is running low.
Snug up
I hear ya. Just bitching. I have my "catastrophe" currency in place.

The rule = "Without a photo, it did not happen"... Photo attached.

We are hearing "We already made a soft landing". Also inflation is dropping down near the 2% acceptable level. Repeatedly I have reminded people to get that first month of 2024 statement before saying inflation has been licked.

Went to the Post Office this morning and was presented a statement for my Medicare part D. To the best of my knowledge I was not informed during the enroll period that my premium was going up 60%....

It would have been nice if my fixed income had gone up 60%, hell.. I could have broke even in 2024. But, the FED Reserve / Government must use a different calculation than I do.

IMG_1028.JPG

Reactions: Redheeler
Hobo the plan is for you to watch tick tock videos until you forget about not being able to pay the increases

ignorance is bliss they always say ;)

Hobo the plan is for you to watch tick tock videos until you forget about not being able to pay the increases

ignorance is bliss they always say ;)
My eyes just went crossed trying to log into the Cigna site... To many tries so I am in the lock out jail...
How to waste an hour.
The new world order.

I feel your pain. EVERYTHING in day to day life is so tangled in bullshit and red tape
all goes smoothly until IT DOESN"T
When it doesn't go smoothly then you are fucked

Still laughing at the day my wife had an issue she had to go to the local social security office to straighten out. She handed them her SS card and right in front of her eyes, they shredded it :D :D :D

Funny but not funny, took hours and hours of bullshit to get her another card, it was like a full time job
She was flagged as having a fraudulent card. We have no idea how or why and no one could give us a reasonable explanation

Sure millions of people go to the SS office every day and have no issues, its fine until the second it isn't, then you are fucked dealing with it.

Once again, Jerome Powell is going to sit on his hands and the FED Governor's puppets are going to go along. Inflation is not licked. Personally my 2024 bills are anywhere from 10% to 60% higher than they were 2 - 3 years ago. The "renter's" are dealing with rate increases, the contractor's are dealing with both increased material / labor cost as well as more "Government Fees and charges"... The medical world is increasing fees and Medicare / Medicaid is passing that cost to the patients. Auto insurance is rising due to the high cost to repair a wrecked car.... The FED is painted into a corner. Stay in that corner long enough and all of this will start to be the "norm"... Oh, and about that National debt. No presidential candidates are hawking 'Balance the Budget"...

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said Wednesday that the central bank would likely not be comfortable enough with the path of inflation by its next meeting in March to cut interest rates.

“Based on the meeting today, I would tell you that I don’t think it’s likely that the committee will reach a level of confidence by the time of the March meeting to identify March as the time to do that. But that’s to be seen,” Powell said.

Once again, Jerome Powell is going to sit on his hands and the FED Governor's puppets are going to go along. Inflation is not licked. Personally my 2024 bills are anywhere from 10% to 60% higher than they were 2 - 3 years ago. The "renter's" are dealing with rate increases, the contractor's are dealing with both increased material / labor cost as well as more "Government Fees and charges"... The medical world is increasing fees and Medicare / Medicaid is passing that cost to the patients. Auto insurance is rising due to the high cost to repair a wrecked car.... The FED is painted into a corner. Stay in that corner long enough and all of this will start to be the "norm"... Oh, and about that National debt. No presidential candidates are hawking 'Balance the Budget"...

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said Wednesday that the central bank would likely not be comfortable enough with the path of inflation by its next meeting in March to cut interest rates.

“Based on the meeting today, I would tell you that I don’t think it’s likely that the committee will reach a level of confidence by the time of the March meeting to identify March as the time to do that. But that’s to be seen,” Powell said.

They want to help get Joe tato get "elected" again. It's the same shitty monetary policy that prolonged the 2008 financial disaster as they QE'd us all to death to boost Obama.

Powell sucks and Yellen was even worse.

They want to help get Joe tato get "elected" again. It's the same shitty monetary policy that prolonged the 2008 financial disaster as they QE'd us all to death to boost Obama.

Powell sucks and Yellen was even worse.
Many similarities. The "back drop" has changed, the bad actor's have changed and the monetary hole is much deeper. There are many more "divisions" separating the American people. To me, 50% of Americans just don't care any more, have given up on voting and would rather sit on the couch and watch streaming movies. Zero interest in politics.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Just a simple observation, since the first of this year, on three separate occasions the Tesla Charging Station
completely empty, it is located just off interstate 10. Previously it was not uncommon to have a waiting line of cars to hook up. Maybe just that time of the year or did some of the rental companies drop Tesla from the available rentals?
Or maybe just a coincidence.

Just a simple observation, since the first of this year, on three separate occasions the Tesla Charging Station
completely empty, it is located just off interstate 10. Previously it was not uncommon to have a waiting line of cars to hook up. Maybe just that time of the year or did some of the rental companies drop Tesla from the available rentals?
Or maybe just a coincidence.
I see it as an evolution. Similar to the advertisement "One Size Fits All"... The assumption that 100% of Americans will buy into the EV movement is beginning to shake out. The term coming to mind is "It's not a good fit". Like reading all those 5 star reviews on a pair of hunting boots for that once in a lifetime elk hunt. Buy the boots, walk around the neighborhood on the sidewalks in preparation for the hunt. After 3 days in the mountains you start asking your guide about the boots he is wearing.... When in Rome...........

Powell again fielded a question on the “neutral rate,” providing an ambiguous response. Fed officials can repeat it as many times as they like, but that won’t change the reality that their aggressive rate increases have not yet resulted in policy “well into restrictive territory.” Perhaps to a few specific sectors, but from a systemic perspective – i.e., Credit expansion, economic growth, marketplace liquidity, asset inflation and speculative excess – policy is decidedly unrestrictive.

I see it as an evolution. Similar to the advertisement "One Size Fits All"... The assumption that 100% of Americans will buy into the EV movement is beginning to shake out. The term coming to mind is "It's not a good fit". Like reading all those 5 star reviews on a pair of hunting boots for that once in a lifetime elk hunt. Buy the boots, walk around the neighborhood on the sidewalks in preparation for the hunt. After 3 days in the mountains you start asking your guide about the boots he is wearing.... When in Rome...........

Majority of my hiking is done with Lowa for over10 years now, with a good wool sock. Not sure what to make of the empty Tesla pumps, no money for traveling or the EV rage is calmed significantly, something has shifted.

This is a non-scientific study by one old guy on a fixed income.

Without quoting government statistics or giving specific information. Since the first of 2021, how much more are things costing ?

My example is how much I pay for pelleted chicken feed. My cost is up 3.5% since 1/1/2021.

Hobo
147_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg
View attachment 7823212

Hyper Inflation and Me hunting down the best price deals ...LOL .. I just went to ChinaMart,and paid ( $ 29 .77 ) for just 18 Rolls of Charmin, to wipe my Ass.

Hyper Inflation and Me hunting down the best price deals ...LOL .. I just went to ChinaMart,and paid ( $ 29 .77 ) for just 18 Rolls of Charmin, to wipe my Ass.
It is Sunday evening. Jerome Powell was interviewed on 60 Minutes. His final remark about the financial situation of America is "Integrity is priceless".... Throughout the interview, he was saying what a concerned citizenry wanted to hear. He avoided saying what they needed to hear.
Jerome is a man with no integrity.