• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

I currently have a chargemaster and have been wanting an upgrade for awhile. Was going to go supertrickler but want to hold out to see how these go.

I’ll have to start from scratch as well.

Having talked with Paul several times and just how he generally rolls, I dont think he's looking to charge as much as he possibly can. I think he'd rather have it at a fair price and sell a bunch so everyone can have his machine and use it. That said, a fair price isn't going to be super cheap. He's invented and manufactured a machine that works incredibly well, and he should get paid well for it.

If someone is on a budget, just drop the bulk charge manually for a while... you could use a $20 Lee Perfect Powder Measure if you don't already have a volumetric powder measure.

An A&D120FX ($600)+ IG Powder Measure ($400 with an extra disc or 2) + ~$100 in miscellaneous parts to make it work = ~$1100.

Starting with powder still in the jugs and nothing in the powder hoppers, even when dropping the bulk charge manually, powder for 100rds takes all of 10-15 minutes, every single one to the kernel, including emptying the powder back into the jugs when finished and cleaning up like it never happened.

It's awesome.

If someone is on a budget, just drop the bulk charge manually for a while... you could use a $20 Lee Perfect Powder Measure if you don't already have a volumetric powder measure.

An A&D120FX ($600)+ IG Powder Measure ($400 with an extra disc or 2) + ~$100 in miscellaneous parts to make it work = ~$1100.

Starting with powder still in the jugs and nothing in the powder hoppers, even when dropping the bulk charge manually, powder for 100rds takes all of 10-15 minutes, every single one to the kernel, including emptying the powder back into the jugs when finished and cleaning up like it never happened.

It's awesome.
I need your manual powder measure if it drops 100 exactly to the kernel.

I guess a question I have Paul if your reading this is, with the new complete setup will there be any software/hardware changes within the scale that will need to change or is all of that built into the new powder dropper? Thanks again Paul..

I guess a question I have Paul if your reading this is, with the new complete setup will there be any software/hardware changes within the scale that will need to change or is all of that built into the new powder dropper? Thanks again Paul..
With both the autotrickler and the supertrickler, you have to configure the scale to sync with the software of the add-on device and I doubt this would be any different. If there were another way about it, the ST programmer, Peter, assuredly would have made it so you didn’t need to configure the scale and the fact that he didn’t makes me almost certain that the scale will need configured for the device.

Last edited:
Anybody have a video showing how long it takes to change discs and set up for a new powder?

I’m about to jump ship from the ST if this thing is easy to use

I am not sure he could make it any easier, from the 10-key to the etched arrow (nice touch) showing the boner-lovers on SH which way to turn the little knob. :)

1695582240568.png

It's hard to overstate the magic/brilliance of just spending a minute or two with a single analog-like slider to get it running perfectly, as compared to hours in menus dicking around with parameter after parameter and still getting too many overs.

Last edited:
It's hard to overstate the magic/brilliance of just spending a minute or two with a single analog-like slider to get it running perfectly, as compared to hours in menus dicking around with parameter after parameter and still getting too many overs.
It really is hard to describe how good the IP is already for what we do. It's simple and works extremely well and when the whole system comes out it will be that much better with a keypad. Just fantastic set up that actually works as advertised

Scale setting are the same.

Since you asked: I think focus on the FX 120 scale first and then add additional scales down the line. And I agree that some people will want to save money on the scale, but there will be massive pent up demand for your product from people who already have FX 120s and associated AT/STs

Since you asked: I think focus on the FX 120 scale first and then add additional scales down the line. And I agree that some people will want to save money on the scale, but there will be massive pent up demand for your product from people who already have FX 120s and associated AT/STs
Everything is already done. The new system works with multiple scales. You just select which one your using in the menu. I'm just showing that there are options now.

It's awesome.

Sorry, but based on your own videos, your math doesnt work for how long it would take to drop powder for 100 rounds. Your video clearly shows that you can do 2 round in 30 seconds. So that is 15 seconds per round. (100 rounds * 15 seconds ) / 60 sec/min = 25 minutes for dropping powder. Then you have any additional time it takes for setup, teardown, and cleanup.

I'm not saying that this trickler is slow, but saying you can do 100 rounds in 10 minutes using a manual dropper and the IG trickler is just lying.

100 rounds in 10 minutes equates to a round every 6 seconds. I havent seen ANY system that is weighing charges that can do the kind of speed you are referring to. To be clear; I am talking about the complete cycle time it takes.

• Haha
Reactions: Mudflap621
Sorry, but based on your own videos, your math doesnt work for how long it would take to drop powder for 100 rounds. Your video clearly shows that you can do 2 round in 30 seconds. So that is 15 seconds per round. (100 rounds * 15 seconds ) / 60 sec/min = 25 minutes for dropping powder. Then you have any additional time it takes for setup, teardown, and cleanup.

I'm not saying that this trickler is slow, but saying you can do 100 rounds in 10 minutes using a manual dropper and the IG trickler is just lying.

100 rounds in 10 minutes equates to a round every 6 seconds. I havent seen ANY system that is weighing charges that can do the kind of speed you are referring to. To be clear; I am talking about the complete cycle time it takes.
I run the IP trickler and V3 currently. My average drop time for 30gr of Varget is 5-6 seconds. Your not going to find a faster, more consistent system on the market. I’ve had them all. Even the top salesman for the Supertrickler @secondofangle2 is drooling over this setup.

That video is literally the the first time I plugged everything in... no tuning at all.

On average, once you've got the slider where it needs to be, I'd say it's twice as fast as shown in the vid.

I run the IP trickler and V3 currently. My average drop time for 30gr of Varget is 5-6 seconds. Your not going to find a faster, more consistent system on the market. I’ve had them all. Even the top salesman for the Supertrickler @secondofangle2 is drooling over this setup.

Im just pointing out that the OP's math doesnt work.

As I see it, there are two parts of getting a powder charge in the case that take time.

1. Trickler dispenses powder.
2. Picking cup up off scale, dumping powder in to the case, and replacing the cup back on the scale and letting the scale stabilize to begin next charge.

If you are manually dumping the bulk, you have to add that step also.

I have done timing tests, and I find it takes about 5 seconds to get a completed charge off the scale, in to the case, cup back on scale, and scale stabilized. No way on earth someone is completing a charge every 6 seconds.

Reactions: secondofangle2

Seems like it should stop and not drop another kernel at, say, 1/2 kernel weight from the target. So, it would stop at 99.6 rather than throw up to 100.04 or the worse case, it’s at 99.8 and one more takes it to 100.6

Does it say somewhere where we can pre/order one of these?

The death knell of the ST is that vibrating tube. It’s more temp sensitive than Alliant powders and in winter I have to move inside from the garage else it needs constant adjustment as it heats up during operation

I will be moving to this IP if it works as advertised. May keep the ST for ball/flake powders (where it shines).

The death knell of the ST is that vibrating tube. It’s more temp sensitive than Alliant powders and in winter I have to move inside from the garage else it needs constant adjustment as it heats up during operation

I will be moving to this IP if it works as advertised. May keep the ST for ball/flake powders (where it shines).
It already works perfectly with a V3, many members here using it (incl. me). The only inconvenience I can see is the change to a different powder with the V3 thrower, it is a little pain in the butt to remove all kernels.

Powder or disk change in the ingenuity powder measure is easy and fast.

Paul,

Does your trickler work with Accurate 2230, or TAC? I dont see either listed on your website.
Yes, they should run just fine on the 705 disk for ball powders. Just because a certain powder is not on the list does not mean it will not work, it just means I didn't have access to test it for the list. I usually only add powders to the list if I personally have tested them.
Most all ball powders meter exceptionally well with the disk system to get charge weights perfect every time. The new dropper in the new complete system will drop these powders +/- .1gr in about 1/10 of a second just by itself without needing to trickle up if your loading for just plinking type shooting and not bullseye competition stuff.

Not after you use the IP for it. With the correct disk, it's ridiculously good

Not after you use the IP for it. With the correct disk, it's ridiculously good

Honest question, and I realize its not what most people would use it for, but can the trickler handle flake powders? Probably don't need the precision, but if its the only powder handling system one has...

Honest question, and I realize its not what most people would use it for, but can the trickler handle flake powders? Probably don't need the precision, but if its the only powder handling system one has...
I'm not sure about that one. The main dropper can and can be pretty accurate apparently on its own so that's probably the way to do it for that. I don't know if he has a disk for flake or not but @Ingenuity1 can answer that question I'm sure.

The IP does exceptionally well at all ball powder ive tried and 4350 and the like too. If the flakes will go through a disk and drop then I assume it would work but I'm not sure.

The dropper will handle them to +/- .1gr or better by itself but the trickler cup will never be able to run them. The only two powders it will not run in the cup is flake and extremely small ball that's like powder moon dust.

How do you know how long it takes to drop powder with a powder thrower but you don't have a powder thrower?

This probably isn't the setup for the first powder dispensing device a guy buys when getting into reloading. Pretty sure everybody reading this thread has got a thrower at home.
No, but a used chargemaster is a great first thrower option though. They are fairly accurate and are super easy to use and cheap.

How do you know how long it takes to drop powder with a powder thrower but you don't have a powder thrower?

This probably isn't the setup for the first powder dispensing device a guy buys when getting into reloading. Pretty sure everybody reading this thread has got a thrower at home.

I never said that I don't have a powder throwing system. You assumed that from my question, but that is an incorrect assumption.

Do you still have all the powder dispensers that you have ever owned? My guess is not, as you probably sold the old ones as you upgraded. That is the avenue that I would be looking at, and just wanted to know if it would handle flake powder if it was the only thing I owned. Most likely would never put flake in it, as its mostly used in the Dillon for pistol stuff, but there are use cases for using flake in subsonics where I might rather load them single stage, and they would have to go thru whatever powder dispenser I am using. +/- .1gr is fine for these, but I wanted to ask the question.

Last edited:
And that's why it irritated me. It's a useless question. It's not your only powder measure. No assumptions were made. We all knew you were asking a question that wasn't even relevant to your situation. You're just that guy.

You certainly made assumptions when you responded with:
"How do you know how long it takes to drop powder with a powder thrower but you don't have a powder thrower?

This probably isn't the setup for the first powder dispensing device a guy buys when getting into reloading. Pretty sure everybody reading this thread has got a thrower at home."

I have owned many powder dispensing devices in the past.

Did I not make it clear that if I do "upgrade" to the ingenuity setup it will be my only dispenser for single stage loading? I am sorry if you can't fathom that other people could possibly use a product in ways that differ from how you would use it. I know of people that are loading .22lr and they are absolutely looking for +/-.02 gr tolerances with flake powders.

One of the reasons for my question is that I have had other tricklers where there may be issues in the design, implementation, etc. Just trying to understand all of the capabilities and limitations of this system before I decide if its worth moving to or not.

IDK about flake, but I go back and forth between Varget/SWPR and Sta-Ball 6.5 and it’s just as awesome with both/either.

The change over process from stick to ball consists of 3 steps: swap disks (tool-less), flip the “wiper” over (1 small hex), adjust slider to taste, done. Takes only a couple/few minutes.

The change over process from stick to ball consists of 3 steps: swap disks (tool-less), flip the “wiper” over (1 small hex), adjust slider to taste, done. Takes only a couple/few minutes.

Wait. Was I supposed to use a wrench on that? I’ve been running it just finger tight this whole time.

Sometimes stick powders jam hitting the wiper (fixed with a quick back spin). Maybe this is why.

Wait. Was I supposed to use a wrench on that? I’ve been running it just finger tight this whole time.

Sometimes stick powders jam hitting the wiper (fixed with a quick back spin). Maybe this is why.

Shit, you’re correct, I was going off the top of my head and thought there was a small hex involved.

There is a small hex for the spring tension pressing on the disk… I was thinking of that I guess.

It sounds like you might need to play around with the spring tension for a minute maybe?

Last edited:
IMG_2175.jpeg

Red comes off first, finger tight. Then green to swap discs, again finger tight.

Blue just holds the little detent ball.
Not seeing a spring unless you mean on the underside, and I don’t see a way (or need) to adjust preload on the pulley arm.

Reactions: CK1.0
View attachment 8235136

Red comes off first, finger tight. Then green to swap discs, again finger tight.

Blue just holds the little detent ball.
Not seeing a spring unless you mean on the underside, and I don’t see a way (or need) to adjust preload on the pulley arm.

I’m thinking of the blue one, detent ball. There’s probably not even a spring in there, IDK WTF I’m talking about lol. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex