• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

One thing I have not seen yet is the procedure for changing powder and settings, and how lengthy and cumbersome a process that is or is not.

Hahaha… I can make a quick video later so you can see it if you really need to, but loading/offloading powder couldn’t be easier… I literally fill up my manual volumetric powder measure, drop 2-3 charges to pour into the top of the IP trickler and go, that’s it. One can start putting powder in cases from drop #1…

When done, there’s nothing to disconnect or clean up, you literally just grab the IP hopper, pour the leftover powder back in your jug, empty your bulk dropper, and that’s it, go on with life.

The only adjustment is one slider… if it takes someone longer than 2-5 minutes to get it setup perfectly, dropping to the kernel without any overs, they shouldn’t be allowed to play with guns lol.

^Yeah, but I mean the whole setup we're all waiting for with the bulk dropper too

^Yeah, but I mean the whole setup we're all waiting for with the bulk dropper too

Gotcha. Based on what he’s shown this far (vids earlier in the thread) it looks like it’s going to be pretty easy to live with and I’d bet that Paul will have it squared away.

Even dropping manually, I’m still amazed by the thing, I did another 200rds last night, painlessly, every one perfect to the kernel, it threw exactly 2 of them over (by 0.02gn/half a kernel lol)…

I freaking love the thing.

Hahaha… I can make a quick video later so you can see it if you really need to, but loading/offloading powder couldn’t be easier… I literally fill up my manual volumetric powder measure, drop 2-3 charges to pour into the top of the IP trickler and go, that’s it. One can start putting powder in cases from drop #1…

When done, there’s nothing to disconnect or clean up, you literally just grab the IP hopper, pour the leftover powder back in your jug, empty your bulk dropper, and that’s it, go on with life.

The only adjustment is one slider… if it takes someone longer than 2-5 minutes to get it setup perfectly, dropping to the kernel without any overs, they shouldn’t be allowed to play with guns lol.
This is so true.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Gotcha. Based on what he’s shown this far (vids earlier in the thread) it looks like it’s going to be pretty easy to live with and I’d bet that Paul will have it squared away.

Even dropping manually, I’m still amazed by the thing, I did another 200rds last night, painlessly, every one perfect to the kernel, it threw exactly 2 of them over (by 0.02gn/half a kernel lol)…

Also, Paul has already said that you can buy the pieces ala cart so those of us with the IP trickler can just buy the dropper so there's no reason to wait on the IP trickler when you can get it, even manually dropping its a world better than anything else.

Reactions: CK1.0

How long did it take you?

How long did it take you?

Maybe about 30-40 minutes or so? I had to stop a couple times for random stuff going on around the house.

FWIW, this is with Shooters World Precision Rifle too, which is like Varget but worse, with irregular-sized sticks that used to make me want to smash my MatchMasters lol.

ETA: I was going pretty leisurely… I’ve done 100rds in 10 mins with it before when trying to go at a good clip…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Schw15 and FNG1001
It only took a week or so for for my IP Powder Meter to ship a couple months back. Getting a pre-order in just puts you in the queue for manufacture and delivery I think.

Reactions: shoot4fun
Maybe about 30-40 minutes or so? I had to stop a couple times for random stuff going on around the house.

FWIW, this is with Shooters World Precision Rifle too, which is like Varget but worse, with irregular-sized sticks that used to make me want to smash my MatchMasters lol.

ETA: I was going pretty leisurely… I’ve done 100rds in 10 mins with it before when trying to go at a good clip…
That's crazy. I hope the whole package is like that. I've been waiting since the summer for this to be released

Here you go boys

Good deal. But for this upcoming IP drop, I would have grabbed another. Hope it finds a good home, since it was the last one that worked worth a damn.

Reactions: Schw15
Good deal. But for this upcoming IP drop, I would have grabbed another. Hope it finds a good home, since it was the last one that worked worth a damn.
Is the v4 that bad? I know there is mixed love for it

Is the v4 that bad? I know there is mixed love for it
I got ride of mine immediately and it didn’t take long to get rid of my super trickler. I have a setup I really like with the IP trickler I think I did 50 rounds of 300 win mag in under 20 minutes the other night and that was going slow.

So is the pre order for the auto dropper and the trickler combined so you would just need a scale?
There is no pre order available for the whole system yet. The pre order available right now is only for the trickler that mate's with an ATv2/V3 dropper or that you can drop manually and use the trickler that way.

Reactions: Kadams1563
That's crazy. I hope the whole package is like that. I've been waiting since the summer for this to be released

It's a great design, but getting the best speed out of it also depends on how you load... I find I can go much faster just doing all the powder drops at once with the cases in loading blocks assembly-line style, going: bulk>trickle>drop> move funnel, bulk>trickle>drop> move funnel, repeat/etc.

Then, after, I seat bullets.

I found that going one at a time, doing a drop, seating a bullet, then doing another over and over again, was actually way slower, I was losing a lot of time since the IP trickler can do its thing much faster than I can seat a bullet carefully...

With the auto-dropper, it should go from fast to ludicrous lol.

Last edited:
It's a great design, but getting the best speed out of it also depends on how you load... I find I can go much faster just doing all the powder drops at once with the cases in loading blocks assembly-line style, going: bulk>trickle>drop> move funnel, bulk>trickle>drop> move funnel, repeat/etc.

Then, after, I seat the bullets.

I found that going one at a time, doing a drop, seating a bullet, then doing another over and over again, was actually way slower, I was losing a lot of time since the IP trickler can do its thing much faster than I can seat a bullet carefully...
Yeah me too. I do much better just charging 50 at a time or 100 at a time then seating the bullets and I can seat the way I like to that way as well. It's faster for me also, and I have checked doing it both ways a few times.

When loading cartridges, placing and seating the bullets are required steps. Doing nothing while waiting for the trickler to finish is dead time and actually adds time to the process, because you still have to seat bullets.

It might be nice dispensing 8 charges a minute, but does not save time if you can only seat <4 bullets a minute.

Reactions: Mormegil87
With the AT3 and IP set up I'm doing about 130-140 rounds per hour by doing single stream reloading. Prime, charge, seat, measure and mark while the next charge is dumping and trickling.

I can't even come close to touching that speed by doing each individual process in bulk steps.

Another benefit of single stream is that it minimizes the odds of having a squib versus doing separate bulk charging and bulk seating operation.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Tomato, tomahto… 😝

For me, while doing the bulk drop manually, breaking up the steps works better… but that doesn’t mean I won’t try the single-stream method again once the auto-dropper shows up…

Just confirming that on the website, it says this works with the AT v4, is that correct?

With the AT3 and IP set up I'm doing about 130-140 rounds per hour by doing single stream reloading. Prime, charge, seat, measure and mark while the next charge is dumping and trickling.

I can't even come close to touching that speed by doing each individual process in bulk steps.the

Another benefit of single stream is that it minimizes the odds of having a squib versus doing separate bulk charging and bulk seating operation.

You can but the odds of missing one are still higher. Single stream virtually eliminates the possibility and is faster.
It's not for me. I can't get the case in and bullet in to seat, then seat it and remove it, before the IP is done. To each their own though, if that works for you and is faster then cool. I wish it was faster for me too but it just isn't right now. I also kind of like being able to charge them all then seat them all and pay attention to how I seat the bullet and how it feels and all so that could be a factor for me. Either way, there is no better way to trickle and load than with the IP that I know of.

The suspense is killing me. I wake up every day hoping for a pre-order button. Please, give the people what they want!

The timing on a V3 equipped Trickler coincides pretty well with loading on a 550. The next powder drop is ready right about the time you finish indexing the shellplate and placing the next case. A bullet feeder equipped 650/750 will out-run it slightly.

Reactions: kriller134
It's not for me. I can't get the case in and bullet in to seat, then seat it and remove it, before the IP is done. To each their own though, if that works for you and is faster then cool. I wish it was faster for me too but it just isn't right now. I also kind of like being able to charge them all then seat them all and pay attention to how I seat the bullet and how it feels and all so that could be a factor for me. Either way, there is no better way to trickle and load than with the IP that I know of.
Yep to each there own. Some guys reloading room isn't conducive to single stream. Some guys like doing bulk process. Some guys have two or more AT/IP setups which is definitely faster.

I just hate having down time while the powder drops for the next case. So i filled it with seating a bullet, marking the case and priming the next case. Saves me time and the monotony of priming and marking brass.

I've also had seasoned and new shooters swear they checked all their brass before seating, as we try to find a way to get the bullet jammed in their bore, out.

Bottom line, if your process works for you. By all means stick to it.

System $995, preorders "soon", available January... according to his comments on that vid.

The Achilles heel - or perhaps I should say the shortcoming - is going to be the electronics. Don't get me wrong, I love what I'm seeing, but...

We're using a 1980s Texas Instruments style keypad in 2023? There is so much technology that could be brought to bear on this device to do everything automatically, and have a display with readouts and statistics and a data log and infinite calibrations/loads/etc. like the Supertrickler - or better yet, a touchscreen with specific labels rather than symbols I will have to memorize.

My next prediction (my previous one was no way this is going to be priced < $900) is that somebody will make an aftermarket control mechanism that leverages modern technology and use an iphone or touch display rather than the keypad.

I'm also struggling to understand why the bulk drop doesn't land closer to the target. I presume that's because there's too much variability in the bulk drop to allow it to get closer without causing overages.

I reiterate - don't get me wrong, I love what I'm seeing, I ditched my AT and ST already and can't wait to move to this, but that doesn't mean there's no room for improvement.

Last edited:
The Achilles heel - or perhaps I should say the shortcoming - is going to be the electronics. Don't get me wrong, I love what I'm seeing, but...

We're using a 1980s Texas Instruments style keypad in 2023? There is so much technology that could be brought to bear on this device to do everything automatically, and have a display with readouts and stats like the supertrickler.

My next prediction (my previous one was no way < $900) is that somebody will make an aftermarket control mechanism that leverages modern technology and use an iphone or touch display rather than the keypad.
Actually the simple key pad is one of the things I like the best. I don't like touch screens and having to use my phone and all to do simple things. I'd rather have a simple key pad that works all the time without me having to plug something else in or get another damn app or whatever. Just something that's right there with it and has easy actual buttons is way better for me and I happen to know that's why Paul went with that keypad as well. You may be right that someone comes along with a more advanced controller for it but it's not something I'm interested in. Maybe I'm just getting old but the older I get, the more value I see in simplicity and things just working as intended. To each his own though, no harm in progress or finding a better mouse trap for sure so...

I can see the value in that too. I just hope that it's as easy for the unsophisticated end-user to figure out the unlabeled controls as it is for the inventor to do in the video

And I'm wondering about the rate of "binding up" of whatever valve does the bulk drop. That was the problem the V3 had with the likes of N570 that led to the V4....

I like the system I don't mind the keypad think it's a good idea. I do think it should be labeled better. I was a little disappointed in the delay again and the price tag of $995. I watched some videos between this and v4. I do belive this unit is better but not sure it's that much more than v4. I haven't not had any of the v lines I have a rcbs lite that I throw charge then dump on the fx120i and trickle up with a dandy trickler which works great for every load being the same but very slow. At this point just looking for 1 unit and is faster and not sure now between v4 and this one.

Reactions: Terp
I have a lot confidence in Paul I guess. I've talked with him several times and he's a smart guy and doesn't let the urge to be cool get in the way of what works best so I will be getting a whole system for sure when first I can . I will keep my IP/AT3 set up also if only to keep 2 tricklers with the only 2 disc I use and not have to change disks, but also to have a back up or run 2 at a time to feed progressive if I want to.

Honestly, there's no comparison in the trickler vs the v4, or the ST. The trickler flat out works and works extremely well. It does it over and over and doesn't over throw and is very fast when dialed in, which takes like a minute or two, and wont be a factor in the new system as it doesnt use slide bar to set its parameters, though to be fair, the new controls aren't in the wild yet so they are still unproven. The IP trickler is absolutely proven.

This is fact, I've used it for over a year. The dropper is untested but it sure looks way better than anything else I've seen and once again, it's simple and I have a lot of confidence in Paul's process and mindset. He won't put it out until it works perfectly, which is hard to wait for, but the way it should be.

I’m sure Paul is a decent person. But I believed all the hype about the other two and came away disappointed.

Hopefully not so on this an the $900 price tag is a little steep

And before I’m told stop being poor. I own a Promethius. So $900 isn’t a drop in the bucket for a powder dispenser for me.

If you have a prometheus, why do you need another/different one?

So, from the latest youtube video....in the comments Paul says

"Anticipated release in January with @$995 for complete system minus scale and breeze shield"

So, the breeze shield is an add on? I assume this is to either
1. Keep price below $1,000
or
2. To please people that want different styles, or use different scales?

I dont see how this could be mounted to the stock breeze shield of the A&D FX120i (which is the most popular option).

I don’t. But I have friends that like to come over to load and I hate to be a prick but I hate when they want to use it. So I purchased something I didn’t mind being finger fucked

• Haha
The keypad is simple and hopefully robust, but does seem like there's a little bit of learning to do to use it. Doesn't look too complicated though.

Every time I used the SuperTrickler I was impressed with the screen and programming. It's quite slick and a lot of effort went into it and continues to go into it.

If the ST had a fine trickler like the IP, it would be the holy grail. Or better yet, a bulk and fine just like the complete IP setup, with a ST style "one piece" setup/well thought out touch screen. Hell, if ST just had a damn rotating tube for fine trickling, it'd be all I need, but that vibrating tube was a terrible choice.

Personally, I don’t mind the keypad thingy, the simpler he can keep it the better.

I understand guys being apprehensive, especially after buying the latest and greatest and having been let down.

But that said, I’ve used them all and the IP trickler is on a different echelon than the others, the disk design just gets it done.

The keypad is simple and hopefully robust, but does seem like there's a little bit of learning to do to use it. Doesn't look too complicated though.

If you zoom in on the keypad while Paul is using it, the screen appears to show a legend showing what keypad button controls what feature based on the current active menu/function, so you shouldn't have to memorize a function tree and what button you need to press.

Personally, I like the simple keypad and display, and I would rather see a small outfit spend all their effort on optimizing a single user interface device rather than trying to incorporate app integration and then having to develop and support Apple and Android apps and interfaces, especially if the product developer for some reason abandons the product in the future... When that happens often the apps either disappear or stop being updated and at some point will no longer run on newer versions of the phone or tablet operating systems.

Hopefully it's firmware updatable in the future by the end user should Paul come out with some new trickling math that makes it faster or more consistent.

The bulk dispenser valve locking it to the base in the open position will probably save a few people from a large powder mess on their bench, lol. It's also nice and easy to empty with the wiring being attached to the base and not on the detachable hopper.

Oh, I'm going to buy one no matter what. Would just like to have some more electronic functionality, especially stats and auto-calibration.