• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Insane Motorcycle Race - Isle of Man

Re: Insane Motorcycle Race - Isle of Man

The IOM is what the Alpha males go do when club racing starts to get a little "boring".

Sorry to double post, but I watched the video, and it gave me goose bumps and made my eyes sweat a little. Road raced for 12 years, mostly CCS and played with the AMA guys a couple of times at RA and Brainerd. I'll never forget getting passed by Tom Kipp coming out of 6 at RA in 750SS. I "thought" I had run it out pretty close to the edge (of the pavement)on the exit when Kipp went around me on the OUTSIDE with dirt, grass and shit flying, and he never as much as feathered it heading down to 7. I knew right then that shmucks like me go out to the edge once in a while, and the pros have an address there.

maybe not the best place to ask but oh well, how close are these to a factory bike that i could go to my kawasaki dealership and buy tomorrow? Are they just factory bikes with suspension mods and carbon fiber, or is it like nascar where you get a shell with a logo and a completely different animal underneath?

O and these guys have my utmost respect. I had a 03 kaw 636 that i had for 2 months before t-boning into deer late one night at about 80. That thing was scary and i wasn't going into turns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe not the best place to ask but oh well, how close are these to a factory bike that i could go to my kawasaki dealership and buy tomorrow? Are they just factory bikes with suspension mods and carbon fiber, or is it like nascar where you get a shell with a logo and a completely different animal underneath?

O and these guys have my utmost respect. I had a 03 kaw 636 that i had for 2 months before t-boning into deer late one night at about 80. That thing was scary and i wasn't going into turns. </div></div>

I am not sure but I suspect those bikes are about as close to factory original as a prostock drag car is. They look stock on the outside but are probably not close to it mechanically.

been watching the isle for about 10 years, love the race. my bucket list includes running it one day, i need to get another bike and start racing again, there is nothing like it
CP__6386.jpg

After hitting a jackrabbit at 105mph on my first bike I slowed down alot. But every now and then you have to let her ride.....

A good video of the TT is one where Joey Dunlop (Legend killed at Brno I think) narrates a lap. My favorite part was when he described that when his helmet rubbed the wall he knew he was on the right line. Great vid if you can find it.

As for the bikes they have many different classes and some are fairly close to stock.