• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Insidious Magazine Issue

pickinjim

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2007
Texas
I'm using a 5rnd AICS single stack magazine (Accurate) CIP length for 300WM in a Mcrees G10 chassis. Seems the belt on the top cartridge is grabbing the one beneath and shoving it forward. This causes the round(s) on the bottom to go tip down and move forward until the shoulders get caught in the stamping depressions.
Seems this would be a common problem with documemted solutions but I've found nothing. I thought about reducing spring pressure or rounding off the belt but this doesn't seem right. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Please don't do anything to the belt. It is suppose to headspace on it. What is your COAL? I made binder plates for my CIP length mags. My COAL is 3.600 inches.

I would first take a close look at the cartridge case angle in the magazine and the belt and rim positions, especially the front of the belts and determine if some slight changes to the feed lips might allow the cases to pass over one another. Good luck with it. I had an number 7 I think and just to see what would work I got my magazine to feed 3006, 300 win mag and also. 338 rum iirc.

Please don't do anything to the belt. It is suppose to headspace on it. What is your COAL? I made binder plates for my CIP length mags. My COAL is 3.600 inches.
I'm talking about a little 04 steel wool on the sharp burr on this virgin brass. Seems unnecessarily sharp. I'm just fireforming new brass using a much shorter bullet so as not to consume my good stuff. COAL will be much shorter than final loaded round.

I would first take a close look at the cartridge case angle in the magazine and the belt and rim positions, especially the front of the belts and determine if some slight changes to the feed lips might allow the cases to pass over one another. Good luck with it. I had an number 7 I think and just to see what would work I got my magazine to feed 3006, 300 win mag and also. 338 rum iirc.
Thanks. I'll keep fooling around with it. I'm still wondering if spring pressure may have something to do with it. Seems more force in the back.