• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interest in AR500 Rimfire Targets?

Big Dog Steel

Premium AR500 Targets
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2008
Lima, OH
www.bigdogsteel.com
I'm cutting up a sheet of 1/4" AR500 to use as rimfire targets and wanted to see what the interest is?

On this sheet there will be several 25% IPSC(4.5" x 7.5") targets, some with chest flappers and some without. We are also doing a bunch of half scale prairie dog spinners (roughly 6" x 2.5"), skull targets, shooting gallery ducks, spinner sets and larger 45% IPSC (13.5" x 8"), with hostage targets and chest flappers.

The skull targets are going to have a couple of really cool features. I think you guys are going to have fun with them.

Re: Interest in AR500 Rimfire Targets?

Why AR500 for rimfire?

Got pics of the targets and how you plan to set them up?

Basically, because it will last forever and be able to take hits from other small caliber pistols and rifles, should you want to shoot it with something else. The targets will be designed with rimfire in mind and prices will be comparable to other rimfire targets.

We will be working on the set ups next week...My guess is pictures and details will come out the following week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why AR500 for rimfire? </div></div>

Overkill never fails.
grin.gif

I'd give it a week before someone shoots it with a 223. You'd be surprised at how many guys on this site live for carnage and destruction...
wink.gif

skulls and chest flappers sound interesting, I still havent decided what to get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jscharwath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">skulls and chest flappers sound interesting, I still havent decided what to get. </div></div>

+1 I really like this idea and the AR500 to go along with it. I know at some point I'll want to shoot them at longer ranges with something bigger than 22 rimfire, it would be nice to be able to plant it at 500y and shoot at it.

What is the largest caliber pistol that this can be shot with? I am definitely interested and would love to see some pics of what they are going to look like.

Things are coming along nicely...we are finishing up the designs for the prototypes and cutting more steel. Yes, we will have some mini hostage targets as well as a bunch of other targets. I think you guys will enjoy these...they will be a lot of fun. I can't wait to get them wrapped up and shoot the demo videos!

-Ryan

I would be interested in some I would like to see some pics if you get some made up. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to more details, photos, prices, etc. These should also work for 223 at 200+ yds.

Oh yeah, definitely would pick up a couple. I bought a couple scaled down ispc spinners from another internet store over a year ago. Plinking steel out to 225 yds so far, with 22lr, is about the most fun I've had shooting in my life. My buddy and I have quite a collection of steel right now and are looking to ad some more.

Skulls rule!

Id be in for some RF Targets. Have you considered a RF Spring Reactive Target?

GM

Video is up...Let me know what you think.

Targets will go on sale Monday.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xi3do9nGrxw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xi3do9nGrxw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I would love to see some spring reative target. I use steel during half of my 22 matches and spotting hits (especially @ +100 yards) is a royal pain.

Deffinetly interested in hostage target with flappers. Waiting to hear details price and when they will be ready to ship.

OSU those ROCK I'm very interested in the skull targets with and without flappers. Just waiting on some pricing.

Very interested in pricing as well! The targets look great.

I'm putting the price list together right now. We are working on getting a few of them in stock, but there may be an initial delay of 3-4 days until we can get caught up and get them all finished.

I will post a link to the 22 target thread with prices later today when I get all of the pictures wrapped up. I took a couple to a gun show this past weekend to test the market and sold them all within the first couple hours so I think our pricing is right. I think you guys are going to have a lot of fun shooting these up.

I just got another sheet of 1/4" thick AR500 in and am going to be cutting some more .22 cal targets. Last time we did some shooting gallery ducks, prairie dog swingers, 25% IPSC targets with chest flappers, 45% IPSC with chest and hostage flappers and of course the skull targets. The skull targets were a lot of fun we will be bringing those back for sure, but what else do you guys want to see?

If there is something specific that you would be interested in please let me know and I'll see if we can put it on the sheet.

Thanks!
-Ryan

Im in for a 45% IPSC with chest flapper and hostage swinger

shipping for a prairie dog swinger to 83835 ?

How about a hostage flapper on a 25% and maybe a rabbit or squirrel. Just thinking out loud, you should know by now that I'll be buying some regardless of the shape.
Future member of ringing steel anonymous

Ill take a few rimfire targets for sure

PM sent

Man a mini hostage and a praire dog would be fun!

I have the 1/2 inch mini IPSC w/ hostage and chest flappers. The 1/4 is much more desirable for the RF stuff. At 150 yards and further,
the mass of the 1/2 inch needs a solid hit to fully close or open. Guess I need more practice. It's a great target though, Your stuff ROCKS!

After 1000's of rounds at your targets what I really want is a "know you limits" type target.
4 round flappers on the same hunk of steel. Descending in size (2 1/2", 1 3/4", 1", and 3/4") for example.

I'd certainly be interested in the Skull but what Hoff described would make my list as well.

I like the idea of a KYL set. We could do those out of spinners, or do a mini plate rack set-up. How about a 1", 1-1/2", 2", and 3", or 2.5"?

We do have some 3-2-3 spinners still around from the last run.

I really like the idea of the rack. Many a beer to be won and lost on the dueling tree version.
wink.gif

I'm in for a 45% IPSC with chest flapper and hostage swinger.

I would also be interested in a "know your limits" type target.