• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Interesting reflection inside Super Sniper scope

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I noticed today as I was looking through my 16x SS that if I moved my eye to the left side of the scope I could see a reflection of what was behind me instead of being able to see through the scope. I know that the view would be distorted obviously as my eye is not centered in the scope, but there is a definitive reflection that takes up about 20% of the field of view on the left side from 8 o'clock to 2o'clock. I've never noticed this before with any of my other scopes.

If I keep my eye centered in the scope there is no reflection at all and the edges of the field of view are sharp and clean. I'll take it out in the next day or two and see if there are any other issues.

I've used the scope before and had no issues with tracking/function etc...

Anybody know what this could be?

Re: Interesting reflection inside Super Sniper scope

wow. i have 5 of them and i have never seen this. you sure it is not that the light is at the right angle to create this situation?