• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Intergral Suppressed RPR

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Machine Gun Tours here in CO has put together several Integral Suppressed Ruger Precision Rifles along with Witt Machine.

I took them out yesterday and I have to say, super impressed.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsnipershidellc%2Fvideos%2F10155241703372953%2F&show_ text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

We had stupid winds yesterday, 15-18MPH but we still managed great results with FGMM 168s out to 400, the rifle really like it.

Couple of other upgrades, Alan has a handle on these Stock Upgrades,
    18121821_1418840811472771_455758904162156783_o.jpg?oh=3c51e0878c407e9e67f7f827eba217c8&oe=5986...jpg

Stand by as I shot a bunch of video and Alan talks about it

The Complete rifles will retail for like $2850, with Upgrade Kits for $1699 that feature the Barrel, Suppressor and Handguard

It sounds to me all you hear upon firing it is the actuation of the trigger and firing pin. Its crazy..

I personally think the Ultra 7 is cooler, thats just me.

The adjustable butt stock is way cool as well, a definite improvement over the stock one.

It's super cool but I just don't know about integral suppressors except, maybe, on a hunting rifle that'll never see many rounds down the tube. Every integrally suppressed barrel will require the $200 stamp and all the paperwork and long wait required with any suppressor; and that sure seems like an awful lot of trouble for an item with a very short life. Once the barrel is shot out, you've got to pay for another stamp and go through the whole process all over again, just to rebarrel. Now, if the HPA ever passes, it'd be a game changer; but I just couldn't justify the cost, hassle and limitations of an integrally suppressed barrel. Also, what happens if you jump through the hoops, spend the money and get a barrel that doesn't shoot all that well? Can't just swap it out. Even if the manufacturer is willing to give you a replacement barrel, your stamp is tied to the serial number. So, get back in line and pay another $200 for a new Form 4.... and hope the next one shoots better. I've got several suppressors and they allow me to run all of my rifles suppressed with less than 60 seconds to move from one rifle to another. If I had unlimited resources I might jump on integral suppressors but I'm not there yet. Lol!

Hate to be a killjoy. Especially for such a cool technological feat. It's just ahead of its "time" right now, at least for most people. Very cool, though. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the above is not true, particularly the barrel replacement.

if you watch the video, and much like the AI Covert, you can change the barrel and replace it with no other stamp. Only 1 Stamp is necessary.

The suppressor goes over the barrel it has an 8" Mono-core in front. And barrel life will be fine, same as any other 308 rifle.

You CAN just swap it out, that is the beauty of this setup. It's user serviceable! You can remove it and clean, remove and replace as it's two separate items.

So don't pay attention to a SINGLE Line above as Sendit 6.5 is completely wrong. He has no clue in this case and it's not the same as the .22s out there or handguns that are self contained.

The AI Covert is the same way, you have a barrel that goes inside the suppressor. the core is forward and the barrel is not segmented.

Reactions: 260284
    When you did the back to back with the integrally suppressed vs. 7" TBAC is when you really hear the difference. You can hear the mechanics of the rifle (trigger) in the integrally suppressed RPR. Crazy quiet. They obviously put a lot of thought into it.

Does anyone know if these barrels/suppressors are still available for RPRs? Searching for Machine Gun Tours leads to GearFire.com in AZ, which has nothing on their site about suppressors. I sent them an inquiry, but figured I'd ask here since I haven't heard much about these since '17.