• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing the AI Obsession Chassis

A major design flaw that you may or may not have noticed is that the bolt handle and ejection port are on the wrong side. Other than that, it looks pretty good.
Haha, tell me about it. I'm right-handed but left eye dominant, so that's basically the worst of both worlds.

Thankfully the chassis is ambidextrous so all you "normal" RH shooters don't have to worry ;)

Haha, tell me about it. I'm right-handed but left eye dominant, so that's basically the worst of both worlds.

Thankfully the chassis is ambidextrous so all you "normal" RH shooters don't have to worry ;)
I'm also left eye dominant, but I feel that shooting left handed is un-American. So I force my Communist eyeballs to just get over it lol.

That's really impressive that you can shoot lefty though. My left hand is practically useless to me, it never really knows what's going on haha.

• Haha
Reactions: BLKWLFK9 and ChadL
I'm also left eye dominant, but I feel that shooting left handed is un-American. So I force my Communist eyeballs to just get over it lol.

That's really impressive that you can shoot lefty though. My left hand is practically useless to me, it never really knows what's going on haha.
My vision is corrected in both eyes, but my left eye is very dominant and I just see better out of it, so that's a big part of it. Closing my left eye for iron sights or scopes, I always shot worse than if I used my left eye. So I just went with it. I wouldn't call myself ambidextrous (can't write or throw lefty) but shooting rifles lefty felt natural shooting with both eyes open. Pistol shooting I still use my right hand and rotate my head to the right to use my left eye.

My vision is corrected in both eyes, but my left eye is very dominant and I just see better out of it, so that's a big part of it. Closing my left eye for iron sights or scopes, I always shot worse than if I used my left eye. So I just went with it. I wouldn't call myself ambidextrous (can't write or throw lefty) but shooting rifles lefty felt natural shooting with both eyes open. Pistol shooting I still use my right hand and rotate my head to the right to use my left eye.
Okay so completely unrelated to the thread, but I now want to pick your brain. Any chance you can take a look at this thread and tell me if that's what you experience when using your right eye? I've been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out if my eyes are broken or if it's my optic - https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/burris-xtr2-is-it-me-or-is-it-the-glass.7018196/

Okay so completely unrelated to the thread, but I now want to pick your brain. Any chance you can take a look at this thread and tell me if that's what you experience when using your right eye? I've been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out if my eyes are broken or if it's my optic - https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/burris-xtr2-is-it-me-or-is-it-the-glass.7018196/
No not really. I use a Vortex Gen2 Razor, so nothing too fancy optically. If I use my right eye I close my left; if I try to keep both open I'll have some double-image "ghosting" going on due to my left eye being stronger. But the image isn't blurry or anything like that.

Reactions: Bcamos
No not really. I use a Vortex Gen2 Razor, so nothing too fancy optically. If I use my right eye I close my left; if I try to keep both open I'll have some double-image "ghosting" going on due to my left eye being stronger. But the image isn't blurry or anything like that.
Sounds like it's my scope then. I just don't want to have to wait 5-6 weeks for Burris to look at it, especially now that it's finally not raining in South Texas and I can start shooting more often.

Sounds like it's my scope then. I just don't want to have to wait 5-6 weeks for Burris to look at it, especially now that it's finally not raining in South Texas and I can start shooting more often.

We shoot rain or shine down here 😉

109779299_2673231416281141_4448123295038795673_o.jpg
115823989_2673320382938911_8112531107466227227_n.jpg
109927411_2673231529614463_6540451350912303410_o.jpg

The AO chassis was superb this weekend in WV.

That sage green is bonerific. Its what I would really like but Mile High is out of the AX buttstocks in that color. Plus I'd have to start cerakoting barrels....
You can thank me for that... Sounds like we were having the same idea, haha! 🍻

Glad EO is gonna be able to get you dialed though.

Reactions: reubenski
I'm trying to imagine what a green chassis, black action, and stainless Barrel is going to look like. Probably not to bad. And my black Proof CF barrel will look even better

At one point I had a bead blasted stainless barrel, metallic blue skins, gen II, tan firing pin assy from an ax, raw aluminum homemade arca rail, and a OD green sling all at the same time 😂

So after we got off topic and then got back on I’m gonna bring it right back off. Lol.

so like you I’m right handed but severely left eye dominate. I’ve actually somehow managed to train myself to go right eye when shooting. Took a lot of time. But it’s finally happened. So I shoot everything right handed.

As a kid I took a hunter saftey course And the instructor forced me to shoot left handed while shooting clays. I did horrible.

but I shot the guardian match earlier this month and the first stage for my squad was a left hand stage. I have been practicing shooting off myleft side lately but still using my right hand for the trigger.(when I realized how much I’ve trained myself to use my right eye for shooting) Well this stage called for left everything. Somehow I almost cleaned the stage with the fastest time in the squad. Even over the semi auto guys.

it didn’t feel correct shooting lefty. But I did do pretty good.

but ok back on topic. The chassis looks so sick. I can’t wait for mine to come in. The entire time at the match I was looking at port holes and other props thinking how much the chassis would of helped. Lol. And how sexier the rifle would of been. Lol

I'm trying to imagine what a green chassis, black action, and stainless Barrel is going to look like. Probably not to bad. And my black Proof CF barrel will look even better

lol, well, take my rifle as an example. The FDE skins do not match their FDE cerekote on metal components. I have an FDE chassis, FDE skins, black action, black AX butt stock, and many stainless barrels. I do have a black 25CM barrel that looks good on it.

lol, well, take my rifle as an example. The FDE skins do not match their FDE cerekote on metal components. I have an FDE chassis, FDE skins, black action, black AX butt stock, and many stainless barrels. I do have a black 25CM barrel that looks good on it.
Just so people know, @BLKWLFK9 's chassis was painted with straight AI Dark Earth Cerakote, and it turned out a lot darker than the skins. We're working on a better color match now, so it will match the DE skins much better.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
So after we got off topic and then got back on I’m gonna bring it right back off. Lol.

so like you I’m right handed but severely left eye dominate. I’ve actually somehow managed to train myself to go right eye when shooting. Took a lot of time. But it’s finally happened. So I shoot everything right handed.

As a kid I took a hunter saftey course And the instructor forced me to shoot left handed while shooting clays. I did horrible.

but I shot the guardian match earlier this month and the first stage for my squad was a left hand stage. I have been practicing shooting off myleft side lately but still using my right hand for the trigger.(when I realized how much I’ve trained myself to use my right eye for shooting) Well this stage called for left everything. Somehow I almost cleaned the stage with the fastest time in the squad. Even over the semi auto guys.

it didn’t feel correct shooting lefty. But I did do pretty good.

but ok back on topic. The chassis looks so sick. I can’t wait for mine to come in. The entire time at the match I was looking at port holes and other props thinking how much the chassis would of helped. Lol. And how sexier the rifle would of been. Lol
Well when you decide to switch to shooting lefty, the chassis is ambidextrous so you'll be good to go with swapping the action out for a LH AT :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: RS14
I am pretty sure Joe Exotic's boyfriend is holding on to that for him when he gets out
Needs more scope clearance for the FRAM oil filter suppressor. Gotta be quiet when you're putting down lame tigers haha

Just so people know, @BLKWLFK9 's chassis was painted with straight AI Dark Earth Cerakote, and it turned out a lot darker than the skins. We're working on a better color match now, so it will match the DE skins much better.

Yup. The production cerakote should match much better. I actually like the color of the chassis better than the color of the skins. Maybe I need to just get the stock and skins cerakoted.

Reactions: RS14
Yup. The production cerakote should match much better. I actually like the color of the chassis better than the color of the skins. Maybe I need to just get the stock and skins cerakoted.
Cerakote H-250 AI Dark Earth is what it was painted with.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
So apparently I’ve had my head in the sand for a while. I just found out about this chassis a few days ago. I am an A.I. AT owner/shooter and started competing in PRS matches 2 years ago. As much as I love the A.I., I realized the limitations to the AT chassis for PRS. So built a Big Horn TL3 with Proof barrel in a MPA chassis. It’s a great rifle, but there is something about the A.I. Now I read this thread (twice), immediately contact Sam, and what do you know, there was one available and now I am a few dollars lighter.
I shoot an AX for work and like the buttstock so I ordered the AX stock as well. Thanks to the instructional videos I am much less apprehensive about de-bonding and re-bonding.
For the followers of this thread, is there a market for my AT folding stock or do I just keep it?

So apparently I’ve had my head in the sand for a while. I just found out about this chassis a few days ago. I am an A.I. AT owner/shooter and started competing in PRS matches 2 years ago. As much as I love the A.I., I realized the limitations to the AT chassis for PRS. So built a Big Horn TL3 with Proof barrel in a MPA chassis. It’s a great rifle, but there is something about the A.I. Now I read this thread (twice), immediately contact Sam, and what do you know, there was one available and now I am a few dollars lighter.
I shoot an AX for work and like the buttstock so I ordered the AX stock as well. Thanks to the instructional videos I am much less apprehensive about de-bonding and re-bonding.
For the followers of this thread, is there a market for my AT folding stock or do I just keep it?
Well there went $2k pretty quick, haha!

I think theoretically there is a market for your AT folder, but I don't think what you'd get out of it is worth the hassle... At least that's what I'm telling myself, being in the same boat as you.

Reactions: BlueLacy
Depending on the day, folding AT stocks can go for $250-$300 depending on the buyer.

Take off AT folding stocks go for 250-350. I sold mine after doing the AX stock conversion.

You should be able to get 250ish for it. Welcome to the club.

Thanks, I've actually had the AT for 6-7 years. I got this one what ever year the AT came out and it was one the first ones from Mile High.
I was introduced to long range on an AI and Schmidt. I loved them and bought them both for my set up.

Reactions: lvmike
My chassis arrived around 10:30am Friday morning and I immediately started breaking down and debonding my AT. I followed Sam’s video while I did it and that worked perfect. I hear many people say if I can do it then anyone can. I am not typically handy or precise with my craftsmanship so I really think just about anybody could do this.

I have to say the machining on the chassis and parts was just spectacular, I was extremely impressed. I had a couple questions As I was getting started and texted Sam to which he replied almost immediately.

the entire kit was packed and very well labeled, it really made it a lot easier.

I had a match today and I’m wasn’t planning on using it but I got there early enough this morning to fire a few rounds at the zero range and it felt so darn good that I just decided to throw it straight into the competition fire.

Glad I did because it performed brilliantly, felt amazing on all the barricades, fed and function perfectly. I was shooting a 6 gt with 109 hybrids. I got a touch lucky with a couple guys dropping a shot or two on the last stage which opened the door for me to sneak out a win over a pretty tough field.

I was a little preoccupied with Shooting, that I forgot to get any good videos from the match, I will try and get some practicing this next week

Attachments

• ED7C9FB5-7A96-4236-BBF8-3E49EB296AA3.jpeg
    ED7C9FB5-7A96-4236-BBF8-3E49EB296AA3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
  • EFB6F928-F710-4DD3-BE06-9BD1209AE28A.jpeg
    EFB6F928-F710-4DD3-BE06-9BD1209AE28A.jpeg
    829.8 KB · Views: 304
My chassis arrived around 10:30am Friday morning and I immediately started breaking down and debonding my AT. I followed Sam’s video while I did it and that worked perfect. I hear many people say if I can do it then anyone can. I am not typically handy or precise with my craftsmanship so I really think just about anybody could do this.

I have to say the machining on the chassis and parts was just spectacular, I was extremely impressed. I had a couple questions As I was getting started and texted Sam to which he replied almost immediately.

the entire kit was packed and very well labeled, it really made it a lot easier.

I had a match today and I’m wasn’t planning on using it but I got there early enough this morning to fire a few rounds at the zero range and it felt so darn good that I just decided to throw it straight into the competition fire.

Glad I did because it performed brilliantly, felt amazing on all the barricades, fed and function perfectly. I was shooting a 6 gt with 109 hybrids. I got a touch lucky with a couple guys dropping a shot or two on the last stage which opened the door for me to sneak out a win over a pretty tough field.

I was a little preoccupied with Shooting, that I forgot to get any good videos from the match, I will try and get some practicing this next week
Dude, that’s amazing! Congrats on the great shooting and for picking up the win.

I’m extremely grateful and humbled that you were willing to not only support this project, but also to take it to a match untested and put your faith in it.

Thanks again. I hope this is the first of many wins for you and everyone else that shoots the chassis at matches.

What height Spuhr mount are you using to clear your thumb on the NV bridge? Also, is that the high rail?
The NV mount was designed to have the picatinny rail co-planar with the "tall" 20MOA action rail. That means if you want to run NV, you will want to set it up just like a factory AX: tall action rail + 1.5" scope mount.

If you are using the NV rail for a forward support-hand thumb rest, then you can position it in front of the objective and run it slammed with a low rail and low rings.

If you want to run the objective on top of the NV bridge, but without the pic rail, then I would recommend either the low rail+ tall rings, or the tall rail+low rings. That's basically how I have it setup, tall rail + 1.18" Spuhr.

9418EDA4-9AD5-4EB6-9861-5FC8C9AB9497.jpeg

Hey Sam,
What's it look like for shipping the Pale Brown chassis?

Hey Sam,
What's it look like for shipping the Pale Brown chassis?
They are in transit to me from Red Beard, scheduled for Friday delivery. If I receive them on Friday, I will work on getting them packaged up and shipped to customers on Monday 9/14.

Sam

Reactions: bpd131
Thanks gentlemen. I might shoot in all three calibers Saturday.

Plus I want to break in my newly built 6mm ARC

Reactions: samb300
I just got mine together, is it necessary to bond it?
It is recommended to bond it together, as that's how it was designed. There is a gap between the action and chassis that regardless of bonding, will need to be maintained via the factory brass washers. When bonded, the epoxy also fills the gap between the recoil lug and chassis - if you don't bond it you will need to make sure to seat the recoil lug firmly against the recoil lug pocket when you torque down the action screws.

I honestly don't see any positive to NOT bonding it, unless you are thinking you won't like it and want to go back to the factory chassis or MPA chassis. If you want to do it to test it out and see how you like it before 100% committing, then by all means go for it.

If you do test it without being bonded, make sure to smack the barrel around to test how it holds zero. I've heard that since the action has a flat bottom it can be affected by sideways movement when not bonded.