• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing The Vision Chassis for R700, Tikka, Sako and Sig Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awesome that Christian addressed the shorter LOP issue. I had multiple people hit me up after our podcast with LOP questions. Christian appears to be a "Ask and Ye shall receive" type engineer. Love it.

(Vision buttstock for AI) šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

The Vision ā€œCovertā€

New short LOP buttstock spacer (available soon at GCP), with a prototype Covert length competition forend. Compatible with the stackable NV bridge for nighttime hunting or other dangerous business.

DC58482F-0257-46AC-A1B3-5D7E07DE410F.jpeg

32435FFC-95A2-441F-9500-4A83D295A5CA.jpeg

8DAC73FB-1972-41E4-B17F-829A22739B7C.jpeg
9F0BF376-1FF5-44C0-8A24-F29A90477EBD.jpeg
B3ADDA91-0F88-4413-9084-1E8569B60793.jpeg

Waiting for a shipping update from Rick, last I heard it's en route.

I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I hear more.

Reactions: Pav67
Literally the only thing holding me back is trying to decide on which cerekote color.

Are people buying these for Tikka LA's? I'm tempted, but don't really care for the Tikka trigger, and don't want to be stuck with it if I choose to move to a custom medium action..

Are people buying these for Tikka LA's? I'm tempted, but don't really care for the Tikka trigger, and don't want to be stuck with it if I choose to move to a custom medium action..
Yes, the Tikka Long Action is an available option, I can't comment on the amount of people in the US using that version as it's so new.

I will say, one benefit of the Vision chassis is the Buttstock, Center Section, and Forend are all interchangeable. So if the day came where you wanted to swap from a Tikka LA to a R700 short action you could do so just by switching the Center Section.

Unfortunately the options for a medium action are limited, and there are currently no plans to offer that inlet in the Vision chassis.

Thanks - I didn't see the center sections listed independently on your site - what is the price for just a center section?
Give Rick at GCP a quick call if you have a chance, I honestly don't know the pricing of the individual components.

440-213-5585

Reactions: Chickentoast
Spoke with Rick this morning and just ordered one! Thanks for the help.

The latest shipment from Norway arrived at GCP last week, so if youā€™re interested or you were on a list and havenā€™t heard from Rick yet, just give him a call and heā€™ll get you taken care of!

Are there any plans to release these to the Canadian market? I know it's not much compared to the market down south, but the shooters up here would definitely appreciate something new.

Wondering about the trg chassis. Looks like the trigger guard is built into the unit.Does that mean an aftermarket trigger can be used?

Attachments

• 2D28648F-3261-4427-9897-1B96609936B4.jpeg
    2D28648F-3261-4427-9897-1B96609936B4.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 59
Would this ever be offered for AIs?
Would work out far cheaper as an upgrade to an AW/AT than the vision forend and AX buttstock.

It actually worth more than the price, the Standard Covered top rail is sweet. Who wouldn't want to get a hold of them

It actually worth more than the price, the Standard Covered top rail is sweet. Who wouldn't want to get a hold of them

Mine arrives tomorrow, tungsten mid comp also, Tikka LA.
Mine is actually sniper Grey I think. I just told him dark Grey, which I only wanted so I could easily tell it apart from other rifles. I once grabbed the wrong rifle and when I went to shoot had all my stuff for one caliber and the gun for another. Both in krg chassis so I figured I'd get a little color going. I really like the dark Grey color.

A note for others: the MDT elite grip I have for it has a slightly different size screw than the chassis, and the screw that comes with the fab defense grip (which is nice and the same grip I put on all my ar's.) is just slightly too long so have to grind 1/16 or so off or get a shorter one. It's just a 1/4 x28 standard thread though so easy to come by. Also going to flip the folding hinge around so it folds to the non bolt side. Just thought I'd mention that. Chassis is awesome!!!

Are there any plans to release these to the Canadian market? I know it's not much compared to the market down south, but the shooters up here would definitely appreciate something new.
I have been trying to get a conversation going with some Canadian distributors, but no luck yet.

Rick may be able to export one to Canada but I'm not sure. If you have a little free time, give Rick a call (440-213-5585) or email and see what he can do.

Thanks,

Sam

Reactions: The_vision
Would this ever be offered for AIs?
Would work out far cheaper as an upgrade to an AW/AT than the vision forend and AX buttstock.
The Vision AI chassis is a stand-alone chassis and will continue to be. The price is higher than a R700 chassis due to the lower volume of the AI chassis, and the fact that it is a one-piece center section and forend, which takes more material and machine time to make.

We are in talks regarding making a Vision buttstock which is compatible with the AI chassis, but have other projects that require attention before that.

Reactions: LA260 and beetroot
The Vision AI chassis is a stand-alone chassis and will continue to be. The price is higher than a R700 chassis due to the lower volume of the AI chassis, and the fact that it is a one-piece center section and forend, which takes more material and machine time to make.

We are in talks regarding making a Vision buttstock which is compatible with the AI chassis, but have other projects that require attention before that.
Hey Sam have you noticed any advantages of the one piece construction of the AO vs the multi-piece construction of other chassis? Thanks,

Hey Sam have you noticed any advantages of the one piece construction of the AO vs the multi-piece construction of other chassis? Thanks,
There are advantages and disadvantages to both designs, if you're talking about 1-pc continuous chassis like the AO/V AI chassis, MDT ACC, MPA BA Comp, etc versus a 2-pc chassis like the Vision R700, AIAX, etc.

The one piece design may offer stiffness with a lower bore height due to not needing a mounting interface, but comes at a material and machining expense. If you go too thin in the forend area you may also get the "tuning fork" effect some may experience with an ACC that doesn't have weights added to it.

The two piece design offers more flexibility in forend and inlet options, including upgrades when new standards or options come to market. The Vision chassis specifically has tons of great options, and Christian is always working on new ideas (reference the shortened "covert" setup I showed previously).

If you're specifically asking my thoughts on the AO/V AI design versus the AT-X, I can't really comment as I have not had one in hand.

Reactions: LA260
You can order it directly from Norway.

And Christian was there shooting, along with sponsoring the match and prize table. Was Hakan there?
No, but Robert who won now works for HĆ„kan. This was his first match with the new chassis.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Having a hard time deciding how to clad up my TRG action. $1400 ish vs $1k. Does Rick coat the chassis in the customers choice for the 1400? Lots of colors available and the website allows me to add my choice for the same price.

9AEA2C38-2542-431C-8296-ADFC742BE81B.jpeg
917A263B-ACF1-403C-A281-B9D972D8D20B.jpeg

Reactions: The_vision
No, but Robert who won now works for HĆ„kan. This was his first match with the new chassis.
Not really sure what your point is, I was just showing a picture, not claiming anything about who won the match.

Should I head over to the Spuhr thread every time someone wins with a Vision chassis?

Having a hard time deciding how to clad up my TRG action. $1400 ish vs $1k. Does Rick coat the chassis in the customers choice for the 1400? Lots of colors available and the website allows me to add my choice for the same price.

View attachment 7743575View attachment 7743576
I believe outside of custom camo patterns, Rick will coat the chassis in the color of your choosing for the same price.

Not really sure what your point is, I was just showing a picture, not claiming anything about who won the match.

Should I head over to the Spuhr thread every time someone wins with a Vision chassis?
Just tweaking our norwegian neighbours, there is a bit of a friendly rivalry. FYI, my main chassis is the STR vision

And you asked if HĆ„kan was there, so I answeredā€¦.

Status
Not open for further replies.