• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing The Vision Chassis for R700, Tikka, Sako and Sig Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it comes down to it… I’ve got two in the basement that I’m not gonna be using. If anyone needs them let me know…

(I have a full blown vision chassis for my TRG22, and I upgraded to a TRG42 A1… so no more original TRG stocks)

Well, if it comes down to it… I’ve got two in the basement that I’m not gonna be using. If anyone needs them let me know…

(I have a full blown vision chassis for my TRG22, and I upgraded to a TRG42 A1… so no more original TRG stocks)

To elaborate a bit; When I ordered the Vision forend I got word back from the Swedish distributor that they were out of production. I sent a mail to Vision asking if this was true. Since I had read in this thread (I believe) that Vision was willing to make more if anyone was interested.
Got word back that the forends were indeed scratched from production and that they were only making complete chassis from now on. I replyed that I felt that was a shame and that I really needed a forend since I had allready purchased a Ckye-pod to change the entire forend of the rifle.
After a while I get a new mail saing that one TRG22 forend that was not in the inventory was found on a shelf and I was asked if I wanted it?
Needless to say I was extremely happy to hear it and purchased it right away. It was in my hands about 2 weeks later. And I feel that it is a great upgrade for my TRG.

Like I wrote previously. I hope that they atleast consider doing small batches if orders come in. And if they add mount points for their own NV bridge it would really be the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Since we're talking Vision/KRG shit, I realized I never posted these pics in this thread.

Screenshot_20220712-232410_Gallery.jpg
DSC00654.JPG

After getting my hands on the full chassis I gotta say was disappointed. With standard trg 22 barrel, suppressor and a set of weights on the comp front, still too back heavy. Barricade stop was too far forward vs the vision handguard. The folder hinge had unacceptable amount of play in it in my view (would get an air gap when pulled on it with resonable force, manufacturer said it was in spec). My previous experienses with folders are the trg folder and a tikka tac a1 folder that wouldnt budge no matter how hard I monkeyd around with them, but are also considerable beefier so I guess this is a personal nitpick.

Also you have to take into account that I have around 2000 rounds of experiense with the trg rear stock, and that was my first real experiense with an ar15 style chassis. For me, the fore end upgrade is perfect in every way, balance etc. for prs and hunting.

After getting my hands on the full chassis I gotta say was disappointed. With standard trg 22 barrel, suppressor and a set of weights on the comp front, still too back heavy. Barricade stop was too far forward vs the vision handguard. The folder hinge had unacceptable amount of play in it in my view (would get an air gap when pulled on it with resonable force, manufacturer said it was in spec). My previous experienses with folders are the trg folder and a tikka tac a1 folder that wouldnt budge no matter how hard I monkeyd around with them, but are also considerable beefier so I guess this is a personal nitpick.

Also you have to take into account that I have around 2000 rounds of experiense with the trg rear stock, and that was my first real experiense with an ar15 style chassis. For me, the fore end upgrade is perfect in every way, balance etc. for prs and hunting.

What is the barrel length on the TRG22? I think they made a 20" and a 26". You will definitely have a hard time balancing this chassis with a factory 20" TRG barrel.

I have a 26" Proof comp contour barrel and the balance is good. I can't imagine dropping 6" of barrel and getting this chassis to balance.

What is the barrel length on the TRG22? I think they made a 20" and a 26". You will definitely have a hard time balancing this chassis with a factory 20" TRG barrel.

I have a 26" Proof comp contour barrel and the balance is good. I can't imagine dropping 6" of barrel and getting this chassis to balance.
I have a 22" rem varmint contour on one of mine that works great, I do run a can on it all the time though.

Further, I would ask that you give the chassis some more time. My first impressions were that the chassis was beautiful and the machining was high quality. However, I was a bit disappointed with the rear heaviness of the chassis and location of the barricade stop once I had everything mocked up. Sounds like my initial impressions mirrored yours regarding the rear heaviness and barricade stop.

But now that I have a few range sessions under my belt and spent a decent amount of time dry firing it, it's growing on me quite a bit. There are a few modifications I'd like to see/try, especially if I weren't running the 26" proof comp contour barrel. But the barricade stop location isn't the nuisance I thought it would be, and the rear weight isn't really a problem either. Those items just aren't the problem I though they would be. It works better in practice than it does in theory, which is surprising, and obviously a good thing.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Forgot to mention, but it was a factory 26 barrel, with a suppressor weighing about 330 grams and I always use a supp. If the barricade stop was in the same place as the trg handguard it would have been in good balance. Still, needed to have a set of weights and my atlas cal as far forward to even begin to balance. My vision hand guard and original trg stock balances perfectly with only the supp mounted.

Maybe the ar15 ergonomics in bolt guns just isnt for me. The only gripe I have with the trg is the lack of quick adjustable butt pad height, but it would easily be remedied with a tsg or terje upgrade.

Just saw some intresring pics about the vision hybrid chassis, it would be an intresting try. But not on the trg, for me the rear stock fits like a glove. Maybe in the future, if I get the funds to be able to build a rifle only for prs ill dab into the ar chassis again.

This is hands down the most comfortable and ergonomic chassis I’ve used. It checks every box modern chassis should have. I was waiting for the AT-X chassis but in my opinion this does all the same things and then some. Definitely going to pick the folding hinge but overall very happy.

Attachments

• 2905590B-B892-4200-A4D1-4C0A1E9B2635.jpeg
    2905590B-B892-4200-A4D1-4C0A1E9B2635.jpeg
    695.1 KB · Views: 151
Is the Vision forend for Sako TRG supposed to include shorter screws? The Sako screws for the forend are far too long for the slimmer Vision chassis, but I want to check before I cut these screws and can’t go back.

I went and bought shorter screws for my trg forend

Is the Vision forend for Sako TRG supposed to include shorter screws? The Sako screws for the forend are far too long for the slimmer Vision chassis, but I want to check before I cut these screws and can’t go back.
Yes its supposed to come with shorter screws. The screws are identical to the screw that comes with a benro b4 ball head that attaches the arca plate and ball head togeather.

Mine came with shorter bolts in the box.
But its regular m6 bolts with the countersunk head so its not hard getting new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.