• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing The Vision Chassis for R700, Tikka, Sako and Sig Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol,

That is nice but I have like 4 grips coming

Just ordered the MDT (both) to try
Which MDT grips did you order, Frank?

Looks like they make six different models....personally I'm curious how the Premier and Elite will work on a Vision as we both have smaller hands and grip to trigger shoe is always a bit of an issue for me.

Cheers

I was theorizing that with a tall mount (1.5”+) the cheek piece might be high enough above the back of the bolt to allow room for your thumb, but with the short LOP adapter it still might not be enough.

We will look into a short version of the cheek piece 👍🏻

The MDT Premier grip will work with the Vision chassis.

View attachment 7831691
Yup, that's what I have on mine too, the elite MDT. Outstanding grip with this chassis and thumb shelf

@DDGKunia I talked to Christian, he said the covert forends are done, but are still in Norway. He said they’d ship in ~2 weeks, so that could mean they hit GCP in 4-6 weeks.

My suggestion would be to give Rick at GCP a call, he’ll get you on the waitlist and figure out what color you want, then when he gets them he’ll have one painted and shipped to you asap.

Reactions: redx and BLKWLFK9
@samb300 - hello, hope you don't mind a couple of questions as I still have continued interest in this chassis .

I did look over the website but couldn't find answers to these items:

1. It appears that this chassis has adjustable LOP without using any spacers. With the standard butt stock adapter, what is the max and min LOP without using any spacers?

2. The reduced LOP adapter that's on Lowgun's chassis does seem to be shown on the website.
a. Was this special order or modified after delivery or is just not shown on the site?​
b. What is max/min LOP with this shortened adapter.​
3. Is the folder knuckle adapter the same length as the standard adapter? If not, what is max/min LOP with the folder.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my questions.

I think this might be of interest to others, but if you think we should take it to PM, I'm fine with that.

Cheers

@samb300 - hello, hope you don't mind a couple of questions as I still have continued interest in this chassis .

I did look over the website but couldn't find answers to these items:

1. It appears that this chassis has adjustable LOP without using any spacers. With the standard butt stock adapter, what is the max and min LOP without using any spacers?

2. The reduced LOP adapter that's on Lowgun's chassis does seem to be shown on the website.
a. Was this special order or modified after delivery or is just not shown on the site?​
b. What is max/min LOP with this shortened adapter.​
3. Is the folder knuckle adapter the same length as the standard adapter? If not, what is max/min LOP with the folder.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my questions.

I think this might be of interest to others, but if you think we should take it to PM, I'm fine with that.

Cheers
Post #1 on page #1 has a diagram with all the different configurations, that should answer most of your questions.

The short LOP buttstock adapter should be available.

If you need the max LOP without a spacer I can get that for you, I’m not sure the exact number but I think it’s in the ballpark of 14.25”.

Reactions: Baron23
Post #1 on page #1 has a diagram with all the different configurations, that should answer most of your questions.

The short LOP buttstock adapter should be available.

If you need the max LOP without a spacer I can get that for you, I’m not sure the exact number but I think it’s in the ballpark of 14.25”.
Thanks...I should have looked back thru the thread. My apologies....I really do try to do my homework before asking questions but failed this time.

They would be well served by putting that dwg on the Vision website....just a thought.

And right you are...and I love drawing...and it does show the min LOP with both the standard and folder to be 13.2 (well, 13.23 with the folder haha) and 12.25 with the short adapter.

If you get a chance...and no rush...max LOP would be of interest.

But tbh its the short side I'm more interested in. I'm a bit bigger than Frank, I believe, but I'm not a big guy so the min's were of primary interest. Looks like a standard or folder will work for me.

Thanks again and once again sorry for the bother.

Cheers

Thanks...I should have looked back thru the thread. My apologies....I really do try to do my homework before asking questions but failed this time.

They would be well served by putting that dwg on the Vision website....just a thought.

And right you are...and I love drawing...and it does show the min LOP with both the standard and folder to be 13.2 (well, 13.23 with the folder haha) and 12.25 with the short adapter.

If you get a chance...and no rush...max LOP would be of interest.

But tbh its the short side I'm more interested in. I'm a bit bigger than Frank, I believe, but I'm not a big guy so the min's were of primary interest. Looks like a standard or folder will work for me.

Thanks again and once again sorry for the bother.

Cheers

Just measured for you - looks like the buttstock can be lengthened by 1". I have the std folder, run it fully short.

Cool, thanks. That would put max LOP on the folder at 14.25”, and 13.25” with the short adapter. Obviously both can be increased with buttpad spacers.

@Baron23 the GCP website does have that chassis drawing, you have to go to “shop” and then go to the Vision chassis page 👍🏻

Just measured for you - looks like the buttstock can be lengthened by 1". I have the std folder, run it fully short.
Cool, thanks. That would put max LOP on the folder at 14.25”, and 13.25” with the short adapter. Obviously both can be increased with buttpad spacers.

@Baron23 the GCP website does have that chassis drawing, you have to go to “shop” and then go to the Vision chassis page 👍🏻
First, thanks to both of you guys...this is exactly what I was looking for.

@samb300 - haha...yeah, should have looked at your GCP site...I looked at the Vision & Design site. But, I just went to your site, into Shop, and I'll be darned if I can find any such dwg in any of the Vision Chassis sections. I did scrape it from post #1 so I have it...but may want to make it more prominent on your site....either that or I need new glasses (which is most likely...my grandmother would say to me "I'd send you to the ocean and you'd come back and tell me there is no water" haha)

Cheers

20DF0465-3951-42AE-A293-7A20D5CAC694.jpeg
A0CC7FBF-CD3C-4F71-A66A-F80B0E5B5365.jpeg

Forgot to add that Rick is the man! Had some gremlins but everything was sorted out and he made a customer for life, thanks again!

This do be facts tho..

Rick, is in fact, the man.

Reactions: redx
Hey, why did vision end production of the trg fore-end? Tried to order one through a Finnish importer but he informed me that they are no longer produced even though they are advertised on the vision website and also are listed in the retailers pricelist. He told me that for the trg the complete chassis has replaced the fore-end but why not make both? Not enough orders for only the fore-ends for it to be viable to still make? Luckily was able to track one down from a swedish firm who had 1 in stock

Hey, why did vision end production of the trg fore-end? Tried to order one through a Finnish importer but he informed me that they are no longer produced even though they are advertised on the vision website and also are listed in the retailers pricelist. He told me that for the trg the complete chassis has replaced the fore-end but why not make both? Not enough orders for only the fore-ends for it to be viable to still make? Luckily was able to track one down from a swedish firm who had 1 in stock
Christian said that the sales volume on the stand-alone TRG forend has been such that he hasn’t needed to make more. If the distributors are sold out and there is customer demand, he can make more.

Christian said that the sales volume on the stand-alone TRG forend has been such that he hasn’t needed to make more. If the distributors are sold out and there is customer demand, he can make more.
I see. Kinda sucks for us here since the only Finnish importer has a standard day job and has his firearms accessory store as a side business and doesnt have the means to buy anything expensive in stock. Especially here the demand for the hand guards are so low that I dont think anybody has the patience to wait for customer demand to reach such that they would make more. Luckily for me I was able to track one down from sweden and should get it next week. Had to pay 100 euros more than normally. I have a friend who would be getting one in the future, if he could get his hands on them.

Finally my vision fore end arrived, damn its amazing. I had a couple of gripes with the fore end, luckily for me it wasnt such a big deal since have access to high quality power tools, but I actually had to drill out the rear hole on the trg bedding block into an oval shape, since the hole in the vision front end was about 3mm too forward so the screw holes didnt align. Also had to shorten the rear screw with an angle grinder just for peace of mind, since it went super close to the barrel. Also I dont care since im not that anal, but my friend pointed out that the stock panels dont align, and from the mag well the vision guard is 1 cm shorter than the trg panels (vision 3cm tall, trg panels 4cm).
I actually didnt even notice that at first, but I can see how the screw hole and shortening deal could be a deal breaker for someone who doesnt have access to farm grade powertools. Advertised as a drop in with no mods didnt come true in my case. For a fore-end that goes for 600-700€ in Europe (would be about 700-800 USD), id say thats pretty embarrassing. Would expect it to be spot on. In the cnc machining world, 3mm off is a crazy amount. Also could be that the holes on the trg bedding block were off, but only took like 10 minutes to fit it and for prs its the best upgrade to a TRG one can make.
195385.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Baron23
Finally my vision fore end arrived, damn its amazing. I had a couple of gripes with the fore end, luckily for me it wasnt such a big deal since have access to high quality power tools, but I actually had to drill out the rear hole on the trg bedding block into an oval shape, since the hole in the vision front end was about 3mm too forward so the screw holes didnt align. Also had to shorten the rear screw with an angle grinder just for peace of mind, since it went super close to the barrel. Also I dont care since im not that anal, but my friend pointed out that the stock panels dont align, and from the mag well the vision guard is 1 cm shorter than the trg panels (vision 3cm tall, trg panels 4cm).
I actually didnt even notice that at first, but I can see how the screw hole and shortening deal could be a deal breaker for someone who doesnt have access to farm grade powertools. Advertised as a drop in with no mods didnt come true in my case. For a fore-end that goes for 600-700€ in Europe (would be about 700-800 USD), id say thats pretty embarrassing. Would expect it to be spot on. In the cnc machining world, 3mm off is a crazy amount. Also could be that the holes on the trg bedding block were off, but only took like 10 minutes to fit it and for prs its the best upgrade to a TRG one can make.
View attachment 7884231
Sorry for the issues you’re having. I talked to Christian, he said that TRG forend was one of the first ones from 2019, and was designed specifically for rifles that have the KRG folding buttstock rear end. That’s why it doesn’t align properly with the TRG grip panels.

Reactions: VH96
Sorry for the issues you’re having. I talked to Christian, he said that TRG forend was one of the first ones from 2019, and was designed specifically for rifles that have the KRG folding buttstock rear end. That’s why it doesn’t align properly with the TRG grip panels.
Thanks for the info. Like I said luckily for me the gripes I had were easily fixed. And I dont really care about the alignemnt, original trg panels dont alignt perfectly either. And now that the fore end is painted its way less notible.

The quol update that the vision fore end gives especially in prs easily remedies the small fitment hassle I had 10 fold.

Reactions: samb300
I dig the bravo cheek piece - I've done this before. I love how interchangeable KRG's stuff is. This looks like the perfect TRG 42 configuration right here

Thanks Rothgyr,
The Bravo check piece is SOOO much more comfortable to me than the standard check piece and a cheap modification to boot! I have been extremely pleased with the Vision hand guard, KRG folding stock, and the Terminator brake. A little heavier than the stock configuration but not a bad thing on the 338! The ZCO420 is pretty darn awesome as well.
To Good Shooting,
TKAB

No, it accepts the Sako long action mags just fine. I love how the molded in barricade stop protects the magazine from pressure/displacement.
I know it’s preference, but I also like having a rounded barricade stop as opposed to a flat surface for uneven barricades, bags, etc.

So, after about a month of pulling hair and headache for various reasons I finally took delivery of a Vision handguard for a Sako TRG 22.
It might be the last one as the word from Vision is that they will not make any more now that the offer the complete chassis for Sako too.
Its a shame if they stick with that idea, cos the Vision TRG forend for the TRG is AWESOME!

I did however have to file a little bit in the main beam of the chassis as the bolt hole was a tiny bit off, about 1mm or so. But it took all of 45 sekunds with a small needlefile to make it work.

Apologies if this has been covered, but how are people finding the balance point of the chassis, with the barricade point being so much more fwd of the magazine? MDT changed the ACC Gen2 back to the original location due to negative feedback.
Cheers
Pete

Just got my chassis, have an Impact 737 action coming for it along with a 20" barrel, really looking forward to seeing the end product.

IMG_2851.jpg

Reactions: Luka
Just got my chassis, have an Impact 737 action coming for it along with a 20" barrel, really looking forward to seeing the end product.

View attachment 7914044
Can you pls comment on ATX vs Impact in your Vision...?
LIke just the chassis handling differences etc...

Looks sweet in balck vs black...(y)

Can you pls comment on ATX vs Impact in your Vision...?
LIke just the chassis handling differences etc...

Looks sweet in balck vs black...(y)

Once I have it all together and take it to the range I'll definitely report back. I have the ATX in 6.5CM to touch further out, and I'm building this one as a fun plinking rifle in .223/5.56. In the process of doing the same thing with a AR15 and AR10 combo.

Once I have it all together and take it to the range I'll definitely report back. I have the ATX in 6.5CM to touch further out, and I'm building this one as a fun plinking rifle in .223/5.56. In the process of doing the same thing with a AR15 and AR10 combo.
Sounds awesome ! I may need to copy this setup 🤣 🤠

Reactions: Maciej
Apologies if this has been covered, but how are people finding the balance point of the chassis, with the barricade point being so much more fwd of the magazine? MDT changed the ACC Gen2 back to the original location due to negative feedback.
Cheers
Pete
It’s slightly rear heavy as a bare chassis without any weights along the forend. However you can account for any unbalance with your barreled action and additional weights of course. One reason it’s more protruded is because it’s curved as opposed to the acc which is flat. I like it for panning the horizon, but it may be preference. Either way is fine. My AT-X is flat barricade stop and I like it just as much if not more.

Reactions: Pete B
Heres a picture of my frankenchassis with a Sako mainbeam, Vision forend and KRG W3 folder.
If Vision decides to put the forend back in production, which I think they should. I have to suggest that they make mountpoints for their NV bridge on it. Thats pretty much the only thing I feel is missing to it. Great product otherwise.

p5pb23203457.jpg

Reactions: samb300
Status
Not open for further replies.