• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing The Vision Chassis for R700, Tikka, Sako and Sig Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@samb300 Question about this chassis. I have a Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5CM that I plan on converting to 6.5x55. Would this accommodate the switch?

@samb300 Question about this chassis. I have a Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5CM that I plan on converting to 6.5x55. Would this accommodate the switch?
Yes but you will need the Long Action chassis because of the cartridge length.

It fits the MDT 3.56 mag length.

AC2D150C-8A2C-4076-A0F9-495E56E38C9D.jpeg

Bump for good guys - I had mag latch screws back out and lost them, emailed to ask what size they were - figured I'd just go to the hardware store - Rick mailed out a new updated mag latch assembly for me instead. Buy with confidence!

Reactions: redx
Got the shipping notification yesterday for my forend. I should have ordered with expedited shipping, lol. It's another week out

My trg forend just showed up today as well. Thing is a work of art. Excellent machining, couldn’t find a sharp edge anywhere!

Attachments

• 4126C11A-D72E-4FBD-91B9-EDFCA345D3C2.jpeg
    4126C11A-D72E-4FBD-91B9-EDFCA345D3C2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 139
One I am not keeping

I ordered like 3 different models I didn’t like the one it came with the angle was wrong and I had this 3D printed one but I don’t like the feel of the material so I have others coming

Reactions: redx
Definitely feels better working off barricades than the aiax and AT chassis I used before. Running it at Pigg River tomorrow morning so we’ll see how that goes.

I would've been there too but me and my son both had jiu-jitsu rank review tonight and seminar tomorrow. Have fun. Supposed to be a little windy tomorrow.

1st impressions of the Vision chassis?

I like everything but one part...

I can't thumb the back of the bolt because it goes under the cheek piece

The rest feels very comfortable,

I normally don't don't float my thumb, but with the comp guns and chassis it's a bit quicker, while minimizing the influence, especially because you can add a thumb shelf. I like the Thumb Shelf as I moved it to fit my hand in a choked up position. So that was good. But then when I went to push centerline using the back of the bolt, I noticed the cheek piece blocks it

I'll adjust but I do find myself having to switch my hand because what my brain is expecting is not happening, just have to adjust

Reactions: redx and BLKWLFK9
I like everything but one part...

I can't thumb the back of the bolt because it goes under the cheek piece

The rest feels very comfortable,

I normally don't don't float my thumb, but with the comp guns and chassis it's a bit quicker, while minimizing the influence, especially because you can add a thumb shelf. I like the Thumb Shelf as I moved it to fit my hand in a choked up position. So that was good. But then when I went to push centerline using the back of the bolt, I noticed the cheek piece blocks it

I'll adjust but I do find myself having to switch my hand because what my brain is expecting is not happening, just have to adjust
Frank,

Thanks for the initial impression and feedback! You’re right, the longer cheek piece combined with the short-LOP buttstock adapter means it will be difficult to thumb the back of the bolt unless maybe you use a super tall scope mount. Glad you’re liking it otherwise.

Sam

Reactions: redx and BLKWLFK9
difficult to thumb the back of the bolt unless maybe you use a super tall scope mount.
How would scope mount height effect this as it seems (looking at Frank's pics) that no matter the scope height, the back of the bolt is still under the front of the comb????

Not an issue with me...I don't think... as I have never developed the habit of pushing the bolt forward by pressing the back of it.

Another question please, I believe you confirmed for me once before that we could put on any AR grip as the interface is identical.

But, I wonder if you know if the MDT Premier adjustable (fore/back) grip will work. That is, will it be able to be slide forward over the back of the trigger guard. Since selling MDT grips is not in your portfolio, you may not know but thought to ask.

Thanks for considering my questions. My very good friend has one he recently purchased and I have to say its very impressive. I am planning to buy one in the next few months if Brandon doesn't manage to tank my retirement account any further haha...well, its actually not funny. LOL

I was theorizing that with a tall mount (1.5”+) the cheek piece might be high enough above the back of the bolt to allow room for your thumb, but with the short LOP adapter it still might not be enough.

We will look into a short version of the cheek piece 👍🏻

The MDT Premier grip will work with the Vision chassis.

1647801420615.png

A tick taller scope mount and I might be able to slide my thumb between the cheek and back of the bolt, it's close I can almost do it but not quite

I have to settle on a grip too, I want it to feel right, looking up, I was like, Ahhh, the MDT, I'll keep playing with it

Reactions: samb300
@lowlight , I just ordered one of these. Haven't gotten it yet but excited to try it.
Shit would look tits on that green chassis of yours

Reactions: Average guy
Status
Not open for further replies.