• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing The Vision Chassis for R700, Tikka, Sako and Sig Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick, are you telling me you won because of the Vision chassis? ;) :) :) . Love you anyway. I'm looking forward to my next PRS build by you Brother. Thank you.

Yeah I think mine is catching on too, even with my super discrete venmo account making post purchases....
I setup a UPS account so I can change delivery dates to try and sneak things but that failed.
@TacticalDillhole to add to my post above to better clarify the forend choices, here's a pic that will help.

Top - Competition

Middle - Mid-Length Competition

Bottom - Standard w/Covered top rail

View attachment 7708557
Is the mid length available with the long style no hole design or only as pictured? For some reason I feel like I’d rather use a mid length with less holes but if not that’s still bad ass.

I am gonna be that guy, as I am hitting this on a run,

What is the shortest LOP it will go too ?

Like what you did here ...
Seems like manufacturers are catering to what many want, vs what most should be doing, in terms of LOP. I've noticed that you have kind of been making a point about this for a little while now, and that you say you see it a lot. Most have their rifles set up with too long a LOP correct?

I setup a UPS account so I can change delivery dates to try and sneak things but that failed.

Is the mid length available with the long style no hole design or only as pictured? For some reason I feel like I’d rather use a mid length with less holes but if not that’s still bad ass.
Yeah it's the deliveries that are raising suspension, not so much the actual cost (because she don't know dat!) :)

Honestly, my wife won't say a single word about me spending any amount of money. She is who actually pays the bills, and she does the payroll and books for my company, so most of the time I am telling her "write a check for this amount to person x", she just doesn't keep up with the totals (that's what I do) and she actually spends very little. She has her faults , just like I do, but messing with me about money just isn't one of them. I do try to keep it at a certain level though because I really would prefer her not realize the totals that I spend on gun stuff. That could get thrown back at me in a moment of passion ( by that I mean when I say something smart about some pos thing she bought).

Christian just measured the LOP, he said 13.4" from buttpad to trigger shoe. That's for both the fixed and folding version.

Looking at it, he said he can remove thickness from the spacer on the fixed version, which would bring the LOP down to 12.6". The folding version would remain at 13.4" minimum.

It's definitely a challenge to include all the buttstock adjustments people want, while keeping it as compact as possible.

Thanks Frank!

Yeah it's the deliveries that are raising suspension, not so much the actual cost (because she don't know dat!) :)

Honestly, my wife won't say a single word about me spending any amount of money. She is who actually pays the bills, and she does the payroll and books for my company, so most of the time I am telling her "write a check for this amount to person x", she just doesn't keep up with the totals (that's what I do) and she actually spends very little. She has her faults , just like I do, but messing with me about money just isn't one of them. I do try to keep it at a certain level though because I really would prefer her not realize the totals that I spend on gun stuff. That could get thrown back at me in a moment of passion ( by that I mean when I say something smart about some pos thing she bought).
Mine won’t say anything either but instead if she feels out spent she will just go shopping. I’m in the .22 vs .50 cal relationship, she spends little amounts everywhere while I go big once in a while. It balances out but sometimes you gotta sneak a little extra esp in the precision rifle market, buy once cry once. I purchased a US Optics FDN25X a couple weeks ago (dirt cheap open box) and was going to buy another until I sat behind a NF Atacr 7-35 again to compared. Well after that range trip I said F it and sent the USO back and bought a NF which sent the red flags up for her. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now this chassis has me thinking about what to sell to set aside funds and hope a killer BF deal comes along. Def a chassis I’d like to put up against the MDT ACC I have setup. Honestly it looks a bit better to me but pictures only account for so much.

Last edited:

Don't feel bad for asking, F. Ive gotten 2 PMs about that already. I think it could definitely be shortened. But I'm a retard so what do I know? Lmao

Mine won’t say anything either but instead if she feels out spent she will just go shopping. I’m in the .22 vs .50 cal relationship, she spends little amounts everywhere while I go big once in a while. It balances out but sometimes you gotta sneak a little extra esp in the precision rifle market, buy once cry once. I purchased a US Optics FDN25X a couple weeks ago (dirt cheap open box) and was going to buy another until I sat behind a NF Atacr 7-35 again to compared. Well after that range trip I said F it and sent the USO back and bought a NF which sent the red flags up for her. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now this chassis has me thinking about what to sell to set aside funds and hope a killer BF deal comes along. Def a chassis I’d like to put up against the MDT ACC I have setup. Honestly it looks a bit better to me but pictures only account for so much.
I have 3 krg -W3 (one is brand new lefty folder, waiting for a Terminus thats still 2 weeks out), so the very last thing I need is another chassis, but this does look awesome and has me thinking.

Is there a way to add weight to the rear of the chassis? Are weights readily available?

Is there a way to add weight to the rear of the chassis? Are weights readily available?
I don’t believe there are provisions for buttstock weights at this time, but I think buttpad spacer weights or a weight that bolts to the bag rider would be possible.

The Vision internal/external weights are available at GCP. They are M-Lok, can be mounted inside the Competition forend, or on the exterior of any M-Lok interface. They are also stackable!

013DD5DD-C884-42C8-BE43-6B8BC1AA0928.jpeg

1FB5757E-FC0B-4E42-888F-5C789E9D6396.jpeg

46035DDC-68BD-4D0C-9F3F-482FE2F2FEFB.jpeg

$299, sounds like Rick is currently waiting for the latest shipment of them.
How much does the forend weigh? Is it polymer? Solid aluminum?

I've got a W3 that I'd like to ad d more weight to, but don't love the enclosed forend, etc. I wish they just made a steel spigot to let me get more forward weight. This forend looks fantastic.

How much does the forend weigh? Is it polymer? Solid aluminum?

I've got a W3 that I'd like to ad d more weight to, but don't love the enclosed forend, etc. I wish they just made a steel spigot to let me get more forward weight. This forend looks fantastic.
Christian says 550g, which is 19.4oz

It’s aluminum

Reactions: rothgyr
I've been eyeballing the TRG42 forearm for a while but haven't seen it offered stateside.
I believe GCP only has the short action TRG forends in stock right now, but are constantly getting inventory from Norway.

If you don’t mind, give Rick a call and let him know what you’re looking for and he will make sure to get one to you when they come in. His number is at the bottom of this page, it’s his cell.

https://gcprifleco.com/contact-us/

Reactions: redx
Are the R700 rails interchangeable? If so, when will they be available separately?

Are the R700 rails interchangeable? If so, when will they be available separately?
Are you talking about the various forends for the Vision Chassis? (standard, mid, competition)

If so, YES, they are interchangeable and will all work with the center section. If you'd like to find out exactly what's in stock give Rick at GCP a call at 440-213-5585. I don't think the website has the forends listed separately in the "shop" section, but are available for sale on their own.

• Love
Reactions: JasonPaul
Are you talking about the various forends for the Vision Chassis? (standard, mid, competition)

If so, YES, they are interchangeable and will all work with the center section. If you'd like to find out exactly what's in stock give Rick at GCP a call at 440-213-5585. I don't think the website has the forends listed separately in the "shop" section, but are available for sale on their own.
Yes, that is what I was asking, thanks.

Reactions: samb300
samb300 what length barrel is on your Vudoo with the comp fore end?

Ordered my lefty today and should be in my hands by end of week. Pretty pumped.

Check out “Framnesen” on IG to see a bunch of baller pics of the R700, AI, and Sauer, Vision Products chassis’ in action.

Ordered my lefty today and should be in my hands by end of week. Pretty pumped.

Check out “Framnesen” on IG to see a bunch of baller pics of the R700, AI, and Sauer, Vision Products chassis’ in action.
Agreed! Framnesen is on IG and FB, he is constantly posting awesome pics from training sessions and matches.

84D4CCF8-0633-478A-B7B1-AA94D32F62C7.jpeg

ED3B52E1-50AB-433B-8DED-9A68C41B5BEA.jpeg

Calling the three amigos…
Sam, Rick and Christian, ya gotta bring that butt stock assembly for the AO/Vision AI chassis to the market!!

All right… WHO’S WITH ME 👍✊

Calling the three amigos…
Sam, Rick and Christian, ya gotta bring that butt stock assembly for the AO/Vision AI chassis to the market!!

All right… WHO’S WITH ME 👍✊
Like I said on the podcast, the design exists. But practically it's a matter of what the market is.

How many guys with an AT are going to pay for an upgraded stock? If they're not willing to pay $8-900 for the AX assembly, what price point will get them to make the jump? Can we even make the AI-Vision assembly cost competitive enough?

I can't imagine anyone who already has an AX or an AT with the AX buttstock will pay for a Vision buttstock.

Maybe I'm wrong. If we get flooded with requests for it I really don't think it's much of a techincal/machining challenge to make some, but it has to make business sense.

Reactions: redx
I just ordered a new action, I am definitely thinking of going this direction ...

It's calling me ... sure I am traveling so it's an echo, but here I am, viewing again :)

If i had a tikka match rifle or an R700 footprint action, i would look no further. I dont think there is a more innovative butt stock on the market, and the fore end is damn near perfect IMO. Can't wait to see a review video of yours on this chassis. You played around with my and Ryan's AI's in TN, so you know how the magwell forward feels, but the butt stock is an actual game changer (hate that term).

Reactions: The_vision
700 SA with competition rail is OOS. How often are you getting these in?

I’ve had this chassis for over a year now with a SSG 3000 in it that has been absolutely brilliant to shoot and compete with in the UK
The butt assembly is about as perfect as can be for adjustability
When I got my chassis the Comp forend was not available - but I have recently bought the full length Comp forend and fitted it

The rifle is pretty much sorted now for my taste

I don’t think there is anything on the market as well designed or thought out

If I were to build another Comp gun, I would look at using this chassis again - but barrel changes are pretty easy with the SSG

The only limiting factor of the rifle is me now

Beautiful and completely functional. Just when I had my secret credit card balance down to zero again. Never lasts more than a month because of the Hide and cool things like this...Oh well.

Has anyone had a chance to try a fusion in this chassis?Also curious if aw mags work with it.The ax chassis has been one of the few that aics or aw mags work in without mag catch adjusting.Thanks

700 SA with competition rail is OOS. How often are you getting these in?
I touched base with Rick and Christian. More product is en route to the US, unfortunately international shipping with UPS and going through customs is a bit of a wild card. If you’re interested and would like to get one as soon as it hits GCP, don’t hesitate to give Rick a call and he’ll get you squared away when they arrive.

Has anyone had a chance to try a fusion in this chassis?Also curious if aw mags work with it.The ax chassis has been one of the few that aics or aw mags work in without mag catch adjusting.Thanks
The Lone Peak Fuzion, and AW mags will work with the Vision chassis 👍🏻

I'd like to know more about the spigot mount in the video. Looked like it fit directly into the chassis?

Status
Not open for further replies.