• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 3-18x with mp8 reticle

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
anyone ever have problems with the top turret being stiffer than the windage?

also how does the mp8 reticle work? is it moa or milrad?

Re: IOR 3-18x with mp8 reticle

My elevation turret is tighter than the windage, but not to the point that it is a bother. I figured it was tighter as the knob was bigger and could apply more leverage.

ah ok cool. that's all I wanted to know. this scope isnt set up properly but it's still the best scope I've never used in regards to clarity, magification and reticle setup. the reticle's little dot is something I immensely enjoyed shooting it yesterday.

I traded my nightforce for it and definitely do not regret it.

My IOR has a "stiff"spot just about midway on the elevation. It does seem to be loosening up with use though.

I have a IOR, 9-36x56, with a MP 8 reticle. My elevation knob (turret) is loose at the upper limit ( top 25 MOA) of travel. It too tigthens up about half way down in travel. At that point the dial is tighter turning CC than CCW. The windage knob feel is consistent in both directions, but hash marks (lines) do not line up.

Also,as a side note, there is a slight yellowish tint in viewing. In fairness I have not mounted it yet and have no idea of it's performance in the real world.

Glass does seem to be very good to this untrained eye.

what type of base do you all use? 25 moa? I tested mine out and figure, with my current very tall rings(which need to be replaced) that I have about 30 moa total of adjustment. at 10 moa that takes me out to 500 yards.was shooting 170gr scenar rounds from lapua the other day. plan later on driving 168s to 800 yards.

I love the reticle so much I have two IOR's. The more I use it the more I love it. As I am getting better with ranging and hold overs, the reticle is really showing its value.