• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR lens cover question

NordicG3K

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Southern Oregon
I recently purchased an IOR 2-12x32 (which is really nice!). I'd like to put some lens covers on it, but due to the shape of the eyepiece I'm not sure if this will work. Any suggestions?

Re: IOR lens cover question

You not sure or you know it wont work? I have butlers on my IOR and they work just fine on the eyepiece...

Since the eyepiece is tapered and not straight I just wasn't sure if the Butler Creek lens cover would work.

Ask Scott at Liberty Optics, he should be able to point you in the right direction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ask Scott at Liberty Optics, he should be able to point you in the right direction. </div></div>

Why? I just did that, they work fine. Take your scope to a shop that has a few covers and find the right size. Its easy. Come on guys....
Edit: heres a picture to prove it...
CIMG3774.jpg

As I mentioned, the eyepiece is not straight, but has a taper. A standard Butler Creek lens cover may work, but I just wasn't sure.

ior_eyepiece.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NordicG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I mentioned, the eyepiece is not straight, but has a taper. A standard Butler Creek lens cover may work, but I just wasn't sure.
</div></div>
Im not trying to be a dick but why not just try one? How hard would it be to take your scope to a shop that has some covers? I dont think it will go on all the way but Im sure you can find one to fit the rubber. If you dont have a shop that has a few covers thats pretty sad....
Edit: BTW, nice ass upper...
smile.gif

I have an IOR 1.5-8 and I have not found a butler the right size to fit the ocular. Not saying its not out there but I stood at the rack and applied each size finding none. Dude I feel your pain. Love my scope

I should say that I used an objective lens coever for my ocular. I did this cause its on a 50 BMG and you dont want that little red button to hit you in the face in the event of a scope bite...
Edit: sometime you need to think outside the box and make things work, you dont always have to "take it as it is"....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 99HMC4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Im not trying to be a dick but why not just try one? How hard would it be to take your scope to a shop that has some covers? I dont think it will go on all the way but Im sure you can find one to fit the rubber. If you dont have a shop that has a few covers thats pretty sad....
Edit: BTW, nice ass upper...
smile.gif
</div></div>

I understand where you're coming from. Just me being lazy. I was hoping that this is something someone else here has already dealt with and could just tell me what worked.

I've got the IOR mounted on my 6.5 Grendel. It's not quite done yet (still waiting for my Larue gas block and Y/M carrier). It's been a long time in coming, but I'm almost there!