• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision IR LASER SHOWDOWN (MAWL C1+ VS PERST 3 VS DBAL D2)

So we should all buy the Russian full power laser with no support? Sounds like a $1200 brick if anything happens.

I do find it interesting that two civi lasers more or less hold their own against the full power unit and the essential argument comes down to performance per dollar.

Not a fan of the Russian ergo, illum pattern, or proprietary everything - even if you could somehow get it serviced which I understand they can do now.
I’ll stick with my American goods.
While the review was ok, I do think they were biased against the mawl based on all the eye rolling and innuendo. But most reviews these days have some angle.

Reactions: Jgunner
thanks for sharing.
being on a budget (aka a fucking poor) i "settled" for the d2 over the mawl.
since it is going onto a 15.8 lb rifle, the size or bulkiness was not a factor.
imho the switches are not confusing on the dbal, but i am not operator af enough to say the mawl isn't better.

as they noted, the illuminator is as good or better as anything is this class/price range, including the mawl, but not only does the adjustment require a lot of twisting, the ring is very tight (due to the weather proofing i assume) and takes some effort until if loosens up (a little). again, since i have no intention of running around with this rifle, that isn't a big drawback, but might be for others.

the visible green laser that is there for zeroing the ir pointer is extremely bright in the high mode and is daytime visible quite a ways (further than a surefire x400u). for me this makes it a viable backup if the primary optic fails or there are targets too close to effectively use it.
of course the chances of me having to use it in such a manner are almost zilch, but the poors have to rationalize spending any way we can. 😂

luckily i did find it on sale for $1159 thanks to the black friday thread, but most places are selling them for more than $1459.

thanks for sharing.
being on a budget (aka a fucking poor) i "settled" for the d2 over the mawl.
since it is going onto a 15.8 lb rifle, the size or bulkiness was not a factor.
imho the switches are not confusing on the dbal, but i am not operator af enough to say the mawl isn't better.

as they noted, the illuminator is as good or better as anything is this class/price range, including the mawl, but not only does the adjustment require a lot of twisting, the ring is very tight (due to the weather proofing i assume) and takes some effort until if loosens up (a little). again, since i have no intention of running around with this rifle, that isn't a big drawback, but might be for others.

the visible green laser that is there for zeroing the ir pointer is extremely bright in the high mode and is daytime visible quite a ways (further than a surefire x400u). for me this makes it a viable backup if the primary optic fails or there are targets too close to effectively use it.
of course the chances of me having to use it in such a manner are almost zilch, but the poors have to rationalize spending any way we can. 😂

luckily i did find it on sale for $1159 thanks to the black friday thread, but most places are selling them for more than $1459.

Let me know what you think when you get it. I am thinking about something for close in pred control on my little farm.

You’re welcome! That was my post. D2 is absolutely the value play in illuminator capable lasers.
That and I feel more comfortable with my kids using a D2 on a .22 as opposed to my full powered laser illuminator which resides on my semi M4gery.

The claim that Persts have no support is simply not true, they do have support. There are numerous examples of folks taken care of by warranty.

Additionally for what it's worth Zenitco has said their ENTIRE Perst lineup is getting upgraded digital control electronics as well as new universal switches. The next gen persts are coming out later this month with additional information on upgrades and features.

They put out an Instagram video a few days ago talking about it and a few of the vendors have shared more information than Zenitco is releasing at this point.

The claim that Persts have no support is simply not true, they do have support. There are numerous examples of folks taken care of by warranty.

Additionally for what it's worth Zenitco has said their ENTIRE Perst lineup is getting upgraded digital control electronics as well as new universal switches. The next gen persts are coming out later this month with additional information on upgrades and features.

They put out an Instagram video a few days ago talking about it and a few of the vendors have shared more information than Zenitco is releasing at this point.
From what I have read Ivan takes care of his customers. The quirky thing, is the Russian side of the shipping.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
If you guys listen to the long haired guy and “email me a lower price” at b&h on the dbal-d2, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Not in stock though!

LGS HATE B&H because they undercut their margins. I’m sure TNVC is not pleased with how cheap they can go.

D2 is a beast put damn it’s IR is nioce. Also have a P3 but the laser is dirty compared to a D2. Have a MAWL on order through TNVC and @TheHorta knocked some sense into me regarding a RAID.

Reactions: theLBC
LGS HATE B&H because they undercut their margins. I’m sure TNVC is not pleased with how cheap they can go.

D2 is a beast put damn it’s IR is nioce. Also have a P3 but the laser is dirty compared to a D2. Have a MAWL on order through TNVC and @TheHorta knocked some sense into me regarding a RAID.
i bought the D2 for the Scar 20S so the size is not a factor.
of note that besides the good IR illuminator, the visible laser is daytime bright on high (brighter than a surefire x400u), and is a viable backup if your scope fails or for things that get too close.

Yep, B&H can offer a smaller margin due to their size and volume. Small, but not razor thin. At $1400ish that’s a very healthy margin IMO.

Reactions: alfmoonspace
If you guys listen to the long haired guy and “email me a lower price” at b&h on the dbal-d2, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Not in stock though!
What email? I buy a lot of photography stuff from BH, wasn’t aware you could get “lower” prices...

curious how the Luna ELIR compares without filter, I’m loving mine

Just on a couple of things. Not everything. Just pull up the D2 page (either black or tan) and you should see an option that says "email me for a lower price". I think they are backordered until mid march

What email? I buy a lot of photography stuff from BH, wasn’t aware you could get “lower” prices...

curious how the Luna ELIR compares without filter, I’m loving mine
Only On some items

Attachments

• 4324BF73-E43F-4D12-9315-C5B504C8A8D7.jpeg
    4324BF73-E43F-4D12-9315-C5B504C8A8D7.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 109
I mean if you aint a poor, buy from a brick and mortar and give them the full amount or close to it. I support the little guys on here most of the time. Especially on high ticket items. I have no idea what they make but getting a cell number i can ask my stupid question on is awesome. Its worth it to me to try to help them out vs a big place, as long as they have stock of what i am looking for.

nobody will get rich off me, but the good guys will get high praise from me and i spread the word to my few friends.