• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IRA DPMS lower

Re: IRA DPMS lower

I received two yesterday, one for me and one for a buddy. They're very nice.

I put mine together yesterday but haven't had a chance to take any pics yet. I'll try to get some up tomorrow.

Here is a crappy cell phone pic until I can get a few better pics taken:
IMG00021-20090312-1542.jpg

Looking good Phylo,I am really anxious to get mine in. I am ready for it to be here so I can get it together and then send my 700 off for some work(don't want to be without a rifle).
wink.gif

Looking at the list in the GB thread I'm 7th in line. C. Nash on the list.

I bought mine over on AR15.com as a stripped upper which was supposedly purchased from POF. Mine has the CROS lining in it, or at least something that looks just like it. I've spoken with Chris at POF about it and he tells me they never sold stripped uppers with the lining so I don't know what I've got. It is identical to a DPMS though so I'm assuming it was made by DPMS or whomever makes theirs for them.

Damn, I'm 8th on the list and still haven't been contacted since I gave them my order confirmation. Hopefully mine will be done soon.

Mine has been charged and shipped out on wednesday... should be here today or tomorrow or something.

You all should be receiving yours from the group buy any time now... they are catching up pretty quick... and looking for more orders. (I spoke with Robert yesterday)

so anyone still interseted, they are offering them at normal price (not sure what that is)

but they are totally worth it.

They will be producing uppers here sooner than thought I think... so stay tuned guys and have your check books ready.

They are making their own MP5 also.

KICK ASS company and GREAT people to deal with.

Top notch on evey level.

I think he got in on the GB. If not he'd know what the post GB price was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jr_V</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF you got in after the GB closed, and yours is being shipped. Damn that sucks for the early birds.</div></div>

Begin Rant
Number ONE Reason that I will NOT be doing any other GB from IRA or any other companies that I "deal" with. Cause people always have something to complain and try to raise a ruckus over when they do NOT know the entire story and/or reasoning behind such decisions. For example here are a couple circumstances that may or may not have lead to decision of him being on GB:

Registration date on SH means NOTHING, hell I was here for a year before I registered. You might as well said he doesnt have enough post for you to consider him elegible. Nothing was ever said that you could not get in on GB without being registered on SH as I also run the GB information on my website.

Maybe he is DOD, Fed Govt, State Govt, Local Govt, PMC, etc. Now I cannot speak for IRA on this one but speaking for ME I would say he gets his before you but then again I am not a business person lol.

Me and you both know the reason you do not have yours yet is that IRA advised you were not on list but after couple emails between myself and them we solved that problem. Seems everyone has forgotten the original GB was only suppose to be 25 of each type but after shitloads of conversations with them I negotiated an unlimited number. By doing that it put a strain on both my time in gathering list with everyones information AND IRA in regards of keeping list up to date and matching. Remember I work 28/28 in far distance places with less than reliable data connections, so the list back and forth between myself and IRA was at times a problem.

Number TWO reason that I will not be doing another GB for anything. You guys have no clue as to the questions I recieved via email that made my question the GB from the beginning. Such as:

Can I get that with .223 boltface and pin holes?
Can I get that as complete lower?
Can I get my name on list but I cannot actually by it for 6 months but I just want that price?
Can I get mine made for G3 magazines?
Can I get Armalite style upper but with DPMS mag compatibility?
Shitload of others too.

Thanks
End Rant

Later,
Speaking just for myself I am really glad you setup the group buy on this. Regardless of the others who may cause you problems I am sure there are many others like myself who are just excited to get an outstanding product at a great price.Thanks for putting this together.

Josh

Louis,

Yes, I know the issues with myself and IRA that I was very happy for you to have fixed for me and thanked you several times and did appreciate your help. Second I am 100% sure I was the one that got him over here for the IRA lowers from a different site when I was posting that I was excited about being in on the GB. He was someone who wanted a POF .308 setup and he saw some pics about the IRA lower after the close date and asked me about the whole deal. I feel responsible for him getting in on the bus after the fact. Link to me talking about the lower Now do I know who he is(i.e. Mil/LE), no I don't. I am not trying to start a huge thing here, thats just not my style. Was I upset at the response I got from IRA when I spoke to them yes, but I did not make a huge deal about it, I just rolled with it, and you offered to help. This was my little bit of venting from the situation from me being the patient one and without you to fix would have been F'ed out of the deal that I was in on from before it closed with lots of parts bought to build this lower up.

Louis you did a fantastic job running this GB, and am sorry you got raped with stupid ass questions. Please in one second do not feel like I was ungrateful for you doing this for me and the others.

Edited posts above this to prevent a shitstorm from rolling through.

Jr_V,

Its all GOOD lol.

My reply was not meant to single anyone out in that rant as the one(s) causing problems. It was just an "In General" rant that covered the entire process
smile.gif

I will be GLAD when everyone on the list has their lower delivered so I can know that everyone was taken care of. Myself included haha. I chose to get mine LAST so nobody else would be waiting on theirs after I got mine.

Thanks

Later,

I want to thank you for your hard work. my lower shipped yesterday, and i'm very excited to put this thing together. it will be a little while as i am transferring this summer. My new job is at an MFPU, i'll let you guys figure out what that means.

Thanks again for your time and effort and getting us some sweet lowers in the now Anit-gun government that we live under.

Darrell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kaydar,

What Force Protection Unit you going to? Kingsbay, Bangor, etc?

Thanks </div></div>

Headed to Bangor, looks to be a fun job

Just picked up my two IRA lowers(black anodized DPMS style)... Fantastic machine work..Fit and finish are top shelf.. Great looking lowers.. Looking forward to getting them built.
Thanks to Later and I.R.A....

Picked up my Lower from my FFL today, will post photos soon. Looks awsome

Just saw the post from Lawton Machine for AR style barrels... Would be great timing if they are going to do 308's..!

wish i could afford one right now (ira lower) the machine work on that thing is first rate. you would not be disapointed with it

Re: Iron Ridge Arms-IRA -Amodels o 10-DPMS lowers

Iron Ridge Arms A-Models/ D-models IRA-10 Lowers:
Armalite type/ DPMS Type/
Anyone who has purchased a Iron Ridge IRA-10 Lower: Please read the info manual in your box. some of the coated models will be thicker then others, if you recived the ceramic coating models, tight fit will be around the Mag Button Area/Mag Carch area/front & rear pin area/trigger pins/ bolt catch area/ etc/
the ceramic coating is a little thicker then the Molly coat or Teflon Dupont-S coat/
If you like anyone who has not receivd the lowers can send us the lower kits and we will install then at <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">NO charge</span></span></span>>>
Coated model ONLY... Ano types will be fine..Please email the shop if you have any questions, cant get to the phone..
If need be send us a phone number/ name & we will contact you to help your fit.
[email protected]
Thanks. & Take care.
Iron Ridge.

Thanks to all who have purchased... We have enjoyed working with the HIDE Group!!!!Everyone is very professional and polite.
we <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">are</span></span></span> working on the uppers.. no date yet. but its coming.
Next up will be the Match set upper AND Lower,
And a premier high end complete rifle pachage...Case/Scope/Rail/ Bi-Pod/ Coating/Etc. (it will be able to shoot the eye out of a fly at 1200yds)---just one eye...not the 100 or so...
Orders are being sent out every day. we are only able to Manf 8-10 per day.. sure you will have question..email us any time. thx
Iron Ridge

Got my lower today!
Can't wait to get it all put together.

Thanks guys for making this happen.

FYI, I was at IRA yesterday, I stopped by with RSR (Scott) and these guys are working their tails off to get these lowers out and it shows. Stacks of boxes getting ready to be shipped, machines cranking out product, right down to a sign on the door telling you they are closed on Monday's so they can take care of business with no distractions.

I honestly have to say it is refreshing to see them work hard for the people who are ordering their product, all while planning and working towards the goal of expanding the line to a complete rifle. No excuse, just hard work.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they come up with, as they are watching, listening and learning and I sincerely believe it will be done right.

***<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Please remember the Iron Ridge Arms Lowers</span></span></span>:***
IAR-10 D models are the DPMS Type lowers that can use DPMS lower parts!!!
The IRA-10 A Models are the Armalite type lowers that use the Armslite parts in the lowers.
so far we have not used any other 308 manf parts in the IRA lowers.....
POF/LMT/Rock River/ etc. some of the parts wont fit in the IRA lowers.So you will need to use the parts you own or purchase the proper parts to fit...
We will soon have New Trigger parts to fit all the lowers we manf....(and other manf lowers from other companys. 308 lowers and AR-15.)

Picked mine up today.

Color matching of the FDE was much closer then I expected.

DSC03263.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OTango</div><div class="ubbcode-body">***We will soon have New Trigger parts to fit all the lowers we manf....(and other manf lowers from other companys. 308 lowers and AR-15.) </div></div>

I find this to be interesting.

Are you actually machining these LPK yourself, or just piecing them together from vendors?

How will the quality be compared to a Fulton/DPMS LPK?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OTango</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
we <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">are</span></span></span> working on the uppers.. no date yet. but its coming.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OTango</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We will soon have New Trigger parts to fit all the lowers we manf....(and other manf lowers from other companys. 308 lowers and AR-15.) </div></div>

Group buy people get first dibbs, right?
grin.gif

Got mine, love it....

I will say this, from a manufacuring standpoint, I would guess that coatings played a big part in which shiped when... I bet that if number one on "the list" wanted OD green, then they would just go pik all the OD green parts, regardless of where they were at on "the list" and spray them, ship them, then move to the next color...

I would think it assinign for them to swap out colors all day long just to make sure the guy that was #3 on "the list", who ordered FDE, got his before #8 who ordered OD green...

Why can't you people have a little patience???? I bet most of you bitching about not having your lowers, don't even have the rest of your shit to finish it lined up.

I recieved mine from Anchor Armament last week. I felt lucky to find a lower parts kit to assemble it with. Sorry for the crappy cam pics. I actually had to fit the front lug pin to the upper and lower. I was happy with this as I ended up with a very tight fit. Good stuff.

PIC-0035.jpg

PIC-0038.jpg