• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IRay RH25 Micro video/picture thread

I’m one of the Guys who helped javemtr with his project and have both types of FTS and yes the ChiCom knock off is good. The knock off doesn’t have the push button lock, brass bearings and pivot tension screws but works perfectly fine and for the $$$ only .Gov would make a car payment to buy the Wilcox. Wilcox are the 2x on the left in the pic for comparison.
The Chinese knock off in that picture is a knock off of the Wilcox FTS mount for Magnifiers behind red dots/Eotech's. I have not seen a Chinese knock off of the Wilcox FTS made to be used for thermal scopes.

The Chinese knock off in that picture is a knock off of the Wilcox FTS mount for Magnifiers behind red dots/Eotech's. I have not seen a Chinese knock off of the Wilcox FTS made to be used for thermal scopes.
Chinese copies of the SkeetIR/Oasys mount are available. These have the locking button that secures the mount in the down position and swing to the right side when mounted in front of your day optic.
Here's the version I have, it's the 'Black Left' version: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274043930463?var=574099917842

Rh25 helping put down some yotes last night

Attachments

• signal-2024-02-22-09-50-52-858.jpg
    signal-2024-02-22-09-50-52-858.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 142
  • signal-2024-02-22-09-50-46-454.jpg
    signal-2024-02-22-09-50-46-454.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 20240221_233607.jpg
    20240221_233607.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20240221222435.jpg
    IMG_20240221222435.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
Yep, both Stokes and JW are definately first rate thermal cinematographers.

I couldn't even do a poor quanlity version of The Green Door if I had too. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mikefraz
I wasn't aware they're out there that's a good set to run dual band RH25/PVS14 or Tanto

I’ve seen it mentioned only a few times, but is there any rumors on a RH25V2? I’m sure it’s coming, and maybe some are already testing the unit and are required to keep lips tight.

Don’t know about the V2, but snagged a pFalcon (RH25 without US branding) and it is a noticeable improvement in thermal performance and image quality over the original RH25, at a $1,000+ cost savings.

Only difference is black vs brown, otherwise menus look the same. $4K or less delivered brand new. Very pleased.

Looking forward to V2 though. iRay is killing it.

Don’t know about the V2, but snagged a pFalcon (RH25 without US branding) and it is a noticeable improvement in thermal performance and image quality over the original RH25, at a $1,000+ cost savings.

Only difference is black vs brown, otherwise menus look the same. $4K or less delivered brand new. Very pleased.

I’ll be buying one next week pFalcon as well. I’m currently bridging a WP PVS14 with a Hikmicro 384 thermal scanner on a chink KVC OSS and it actually works not too bad even tho it’s not a true 1x.
Can’t wait to get a proper 640 core and 1x. I also have a set of 50deg boomslang lense on the way for the 14. If I’m running a mono, might as well get some extra FOV
Did any one mill down their ADM mount to fit the Wilcox FTS shoe ?

Where’d you source the PFalcon? It appears Cold Harbour Supply has a higher price and I even thought not too long ago said they can’t sell the PFalcon to the US anymore.

What's the general consensus for right eye dominant shooters for how to set up dual band ? Do most people run the PVS14 right eye and RH25 left ? Seems like a lot of people were forced into left eye PVS14 because of the battery compartment but with the OSS shoe it seems like it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't really care that much about passive aiming since I have a Bolt TH50v2 and also a FP IR laser.

Where’d you source the PFalcon? It appears Cold Harbour Supply has a higher price and I even thought not too long ago said they can’t sell the PFalcon to the US anymore.
I'm curious about this as well. This or the RH25 is my next purchase, and my first foray into thermal.

Reactions: TheHorta
There’s a dude on Reddit selling them for 3620$ but you have to go through him for warranty and not irayusa

Is he a Nigerian prince? Thanks for the info, I may be sticking with the RH25 and a Hide vendor then..
Nah apparently he's some kind of dealer, probably just grey imports from Canada since CHS don't export anymore.

I mean, if you're not afraid of the all inclusive diet at the club fed, I know plenty of Canadians that would happily trade their Pfalcon for a 3000 FOM filmless WP IIT :ROFLMAO:

Nah apparently he's some kind of dealer, probably just grey imports from Canada since CHS don't export anymore.

I mean, if you're not afraid of the all inclusive diet at the club fed, I know plenty of Canadians that would happily trade their Pfalcon for a 3000 FOM filmless WP IIT :ROFLMAO:
If it’s the same guy I know of, he had a recent post about Iray giving pushback on what he’s been doing because people realize the markup on them so he currently isn’t having any orders until further notice. That’s not a direct quote, it’s been a few days since I read it but that was a recent update. Then there’s also a Tanve guy on there that is ignoring someone who had issues with their purchase so I’d avoid him.

Reactions: kabarNC and st1650
If it’s the same guy I know of, he had a recent post about Iray giving pushback on what he’s been doing because people realize the markup on them so he currently isn’t having any orders until further notice. That’s not a direct quote, it’s been a few days since I read it but that was a recent update. Then there’s also a Tanve guy on there that is ignoring someone who had issues with their purchase so I’d avoid him.
That make sense. Even in the old days of the first Gen MH25 you could do a 10-20 unit group buy and buy direct from China at an incredible price. I was quoted 10K for 5 units back in early 2020 but like a retard, I passed on it

Does anyone have a “through the optic” view of an Elcan 1/4x on 1x with the RH25? It looks phenomenal in front of my 1X microprism, but I don’t exactly want to by an Elcan on a whim just to find out the 1X is unusable with the RH25 in front of it.

Does anyone have a “through the optic” view of an Elcan 1/4x on 1x with the RH25? It looks phenomenal in front of my 1X microprism, but I don’t exactly want to by an Elcan on a whim just to find out the 1X is unusable with the RH25 in front of it.

Sadly, the Elcan at 1x sucks behind a clipon. Fine at 4x.

Nothing TTL, but from the outside…
1711329421533.jpeg

1711329463768.jpeg

1711329500810.jpeg

It’s not bad or overly pixelated at 4x (whether fixed or variable, don’t make no diff’rinse). It just loses 75% of it’s FOV, but still very usable.

Much beyond 4x and it falls apart quickly. 6x is tops/max before you’re just magnifying pixels.

What is the firmware number you have on yours? I had to send mine back after ALOT of use (hundreds of hours since it first released) for some buttons coming loose, and firmware updates ect. I ended up with a brand new unit that smokes the original I had.

The FPGA: 0117 firmware is fantastic. I don't know if anything else was updated, but it's like it got a new GPU/CPU or they overclocked the piss out of the hardware inside.

What is the firmware number you have on yours? I had to send mine back after ALOT of use (hundreds of hours since it first released) for some buttons coming loose, and firmware updates ect. I ended up with a brand new unit that smokes the original I had.

The FPGA: 0117 firmware is fantastic. I don't know if anything else was updated, but it's like it got a new GPU/CPU or they overclocked the piss out of the hardware inside.
For clarity, is your unit a PFalcon or the American tan version RH 25.

Reactions: CrazyDoc
Can confirm FPGA: 0117 on the PFalcon is fantastico. Appears to be a legitimate upgrade from the first round of them a few years ago.
Upgrade as in, image quality improved as well? Or just the overall functionality of the unit as a whole? Or maybe both?

For clarity, is your unit a PFalcon or the American tan version RH 25.
RH25 American/Tan model.

What Jwramp said, it legit appears to be a wild upgrade. I went from this is amazing for what it is to holy shit I can see all the studs in my walls, the shed three houses down, and picks up everything ALOT better. Only downside I've seen is you have to adjust more for temps/humidity vs being able to leave it alone because its sensitive as hell now. That said I'm in FL/ lower AL and going from hill tops down into swamp bottoms effects the newer unit more. But its so easy to adjust on the fly it doesn't matter much to me at all, I'll take the performance ALL NIGHT over the previous "version".

The Easter Bunny brought some good news:
progress on my rail was delayed recently because the previous design would position the RH25 further away from your eye when helmet mounting.
The new design solves that issue while still allowing all the previous weapon mounting solutions (Wilcox FTS and Picatinny QD).
As you can see in the attached photos, the RH25 is now perfectly aligned with a PVS-14 in a Noisefighters Panobridge and also in a KVC/RQE bridge when using the KVC Obverse Shoe Set.
We will start production of this version in the next few weeks. I'll keep you updated along the way.
IMG_20240330_115445.jpg

IMG_20240330_115423.jpg

IMG_20240331_210259.jpg

The Easter Bunny brought some good news:
progress on my rail was delayed recently because the previous design would position the RH25 further away from your eye when helmet mounting.
The new design solves that issue while still allowing all the previous weapon mounting solutions (Wilcox FTS and Picatinny QD).
As you can see in the attached photos, the RH25 is now perfectly aligned with a PVS-14 in a Noisefighters Panobridge and also in a KVC/RQE bridge when using the KVC Obverse Shoe Set.
We will start production of this version in the next few weeks. I'll keep you updated along the way.
View attachment 8385834
View attachment 8385835
View attachment 8385836
Great work!
Have you tried RH with the PVS14 OSS shoe and left hand with the RH25 in the KVC ?

Great work!
Have you tried RH with the PVS14 OSS shoe and left hand with the RH25 in the KVC ?
Fore/aft alignment will obviously be the same. The primary issue with the RH25 in front of the left eye is the wide side of the RH25 body will limit how close you can adjust the two devices together. Depending on how far your eyes are apart, you may be able to set it up correctly without having the RH25 and PVS-14 bodies touching.
If you need them closer together, you would need that crazy iRay Obverse Micro Helmet Shoe that positions the RH25 right side up. That way the wide side of the RH25 body is sticking out to the left side.

Last edited:
RH25 American/Tan model.

What Jwramp said, it legit appears to be a wild upgrade. I went from this is amazing for what it is to holy shit I can see all the studs in my walls, the shed three houses down, and picks up everything ALOT better. Only downside I've seen is you have to adjust more for temps/humidity vs being able to leave it alone because its sensitive as hell now. That said I'm in FL/ lower AL and going from hill tops down into swamp bottoms effects the newer unit more. But its so easy to adjust on the fly it doesn't matter much to me at all, I'll take the performance ALL NIGHT over the previous "version".
You guys are making me want to get an RH25 again. Sold my last one for an Nvision Nox 35. Love my Nox but I also really liked the RH25 for its compact size as a scanner for coyote hunting. Hmm…

Anybody know where the 0117 “IMG” firmware file can be downloaded?
I have the pfalcon640 intl version.

Last edited:
You probably need the newer hardware to be able to use the 0117 firmware