• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IRay RH25 Micro video/picture thread

Both of my PF640+ units have a green laser. I read several times on this thread the international units do not have the laser.

I held down the menu and photo button for about 3 seconds and it comes on. Very bright laser.

Anyone else have this feature?
Is it a visible beam through the air like a normal green laser? Sorry, not up on the correct terms for that kind of stuff

Holy sht sticks
20230329_142801.jpg

Idk but I’m totally jealous. Screw you and your fancy euro version 😂
Haha
What does the laser do though? I'll have to see if my pfalcon has it when I get home tonight.
I use these for coyote hunting. One helmet mounted and one clipped in front of a day scope on a 6mm ARC bolt gun. When hunting with others, I run my helmet as the spotter/scanner and let friends who don’t have thermals run my gun… If the spotter(me) picks up a dog, you can laser it to allow for easier target acquisition by the shooter. Otherwise you can do some scanning and try to explain “at your 2 o’clock” but still easier to just laser it. Dogs can not see green/red. So its perfect. And c’mon…freakin’ lasers on our head!

Reactions: mikefraz
Can anyone confirm that the RH25 from Cold harbour is now fully fixed in helmet mode with the latest update ?

my boy tanve's units have them shipped with the latest update.
Right on. I'm just about to order and still hesitating between the MH25V2 and the RH25 2023 edition. If helmet mount is fixed I'll probably get the RH25

Can anyone confirm that the RH25 from Cold harbour is now fully fixed in helmet mode with the latest update ?
I have a falcon 640+ from them; if they now put the latest firmware, then yes; if not, it is very easy to put it with a mobile phone based on android; it took me about 1 minute to update the firmware))))

Reactions: HurricaneDT
Great thread! Euro user myself, just updated to the latest firmare, very simple thanks to people in this thread. Not succeeding with the laser though, do I need to do anything in the menus after holding down the buttons?

Lastly, on the topic of the pictail mount and CAD, I am using the Wilcox Flip Mount but the closest picatinny section interferes with the locking mechanism, and I was forced to file that down. A pictail with an extended distance between picatinny and dovetail would be awesome.

Great thread! Euro user myself, just updated to the latest firmare, very simple thanks to people in this thread. Not succeeding with the laser though, do I need to do anything in the menus after holding down the buttons?

Lastly, on the topic of the pictail mount and CAD, I am using the Wilcox Flip Mount but the closest picatinny section interferes with the locking mechanism, and I was forced to file that down. A pictail with an extended distance between picatinny and dovetail would be awesome.
Can you post a pic of your filed down pictail?

What's the general consensus on dual RH25 with a panobridge ? Also is it easy to switch from helmet to clip on ?

If you are running dual RH25, then both ocular lenses will be the same distance from your eyes. One issue with running the RH25 in combination with a PVS-14 is that their oculars are positioned at slightly different distances forward of your eyes.
Switching from helmet to clip-on will be a breeze if you get a Wilcox FTS mount for your gun and then choose the proper dovetail attachment rail for your RH25, hint ;)

If you are running dual RH25, then both ocular lenses will be the same distance from your eyes. One issue with running the RH25 in combination with a PVS-14 is that their oculars are positioned at slightly different distances forward of your eyes.
Switching from helmet to clip-on will be a breeze if you get a Wilcox FTS mount for your gun and then choose the proper dovetail attachment rail for your RH25, hint ;)
Wilcox stuff is really hard to find here,

My plan was to go
2x RH25
2x ADM micro pictail
Panobridge with 2x qd dovetail
ADM MQD in front of LPVO.

Usually not a fan of the panobridge idea for a PVS14 because of the tube edge but it does feel like a good idea for a thermal, increasing the FOV a little bit.

What's the general consensus on dual RH25 with a panobridge ? Also is it easy to switch from helmet to clip on ?

I don’t have an RH25 nor panobridge but it’s my understanding they designed the shoe with the RH25 in mind so it would line up both lenses, the 14 and RH25. Not sure about running 2 RH25’s.

Video shows how easy it is to remove one from the dovetail clip.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I have rh25, pvs14, pictail shoe and a repro bridge mount. The distance to the ocular is different but the pictures overlay quite well.

How much tolerance in clip on mode if a scope is a wee bit low.
One of my defiance has Hawkins mount so they sit at about 1.20” instead of 1.50in for proper alignment with the ADM QD mount. Will it still work ?

I wanted to touch on this again really quick for the US RH25 users.

We’ve seen this update for the euro version fix the jello image (someone correct me if I am wrong). But nothing for the US model, which has disappointed me up until now…

I’ve used my RH25 quite a bit helmet mounted and know I have the bad wavy jello image, and then recently I accidentally short pressed the power button while in helmet mode which got rid of all of the instruments like compass, inclinometer, etc.

Well it also gets rid of the jello issue completely for me. So it seems like this is the “low latency mode” that was described with this new update for euro RH25s.

Mind you, this is not in the user manual at all from what I can tell

I can’t believe it was there this entire time. I’ve never updated it and this was one of the replacement units I got from IRAY USA really early on.

I hope this helps other people who are or were pissed about the jello image ( @TheHorta and others).

Am I just retarded? Did everyone know about this except me 😆 ? I haven’t kept up with these threads in a while.

i have the euro version and it allready had the low latency mode so when i updated the software it was same but now it remembers polarity on start up so thats good , i would now only like to be able to turn off/on the round mask in normal mode as i might miss something in the corners and like to have the full screen , dont think this would be difficult in the software

Reactions: KrisGoyman
i have the euro version and it allready had the low latency mode so when i updated the software it was same but now it remembers polarity on start up so thats good , i would now only like to be able to turn off/on the round mask in normal mode as i might miss something in the corners and like to have the full screen , dont think this would be difficult in the software
What I noticed on the US low latency mode is that it shifts the screen back to 0Y & 0X which screws up anyone who likes to collimate their screen to a bridged 14. Overall I’m slightly pissed about it, as it makes it slightly less interesting bridged with thermal. I’ve just reverted back to using one at a time when bridged (which is fine). At least low latency mode makes navigating with the RH25 more pleasant instead of the image whipping left and right when scanning

Great progress, will definitely purchase once you've finalized the design.

Here's a video explaining the features and showing functionality:

That is awesome! Have you considered how the height of the mount will affect the use of it on a bridge with PVS-14? I have the original Pictail and it aligns perfectly with both my Badger 1.70" and my bridge mount. Just so the thermal doesn´t get to high compared to the pvs-14 when using both simultaneously.

The difference in height to the original Pictail is maybe 1 mm, do you think that will be noticeable?

I have the pictail and adm mount and no longer have an RH25 to anyone interested. I listed it in the classifieds.

120175DC-708A-42CA-A716-E36FFD9A745B.jpeg

Reactions: nikonNUT