• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Irish whiskey

Kinsman

Slacker
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
Here I am 67 years old, and just this week tasted Irish whiskey for the first time. Jamesons, it was.
Well I am a scotch drinker. GlenLivet 12 or 18 yr old.
No more.
That Irish whiskey is just the very best whiskey that has ever tantalized my palate.
Shmoove....
Well, I guess I will drink scotch a little more. I have a bottle left.

Re: Irish whiskey

Jameson is one of my favorites. I keep a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label around the house though, right next to my Jameson.

My dad turned me on to Bushmills many moons ago. That was 'our drink' on special occasions. The last one we had together was when I got married. I always have one or two on his birthday and on the anniversary of his death, it just seems to fit.

Enough of the depressing BS! On a trip once, we closed down a steak place one night. The waitress asked if we wanted an after dinner drink. We ordered two Bushmills on the rocks. We'd already tipped and she brought them out two ice tea glasses filled to the top.

My favorite Irish Whiskey is Tullamore Dew however if you put a bottle of Oban (single malt scotch) on the table, I won't drink anything else.

Try Mccallan single malt. There various years and you can pay well over $200 for a bottle. I do like a good Irish whiskey from time to time.

Mac

If you like scotch, then chances are Irish whisky will appeal to you as well, since they're both made from 100% barley. The only difference is Irish whisky isn't smoked over peat (biomass from decomposing grass). This gives scotch the smoky flavor, and causes Irish whisky to be much more nasal and light. I appreciate both.

I visited the Jameson distillery a couple of weeks ago, and was thoroughly impressed with their selection. Of note were two bottles of Midleton Reserve, selling at 5,000 Euro (~$7k). For those who just had to try it, individual drinks were available for around $500 (although I abstained).

For those interested in truly superior Irish whisky, I recommend Mildeton - which is available in most liquor stores for around $150-$200. It has a distinctive peach aroma, and is one of my favorite ways to end a perfect night.

[img:center]
P7130280.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]
P7130281.jpg
[/img]

Try Lagavulin or Talisker if you like peaty and smokey scotch. Or Dalwhinnie for a smooth, classic scotch. There are tons of others, most all good, but those four are great with Lagavulin being, hands down, my favorite... As far as the Irish goes I really like Greenore.

Skal...

I drink both. I do like both Jameson and Bushmills. Tulamore Dew is a bit rough I think. There is one peated Irish it's called Connemara Peated Single Malt. the bushimlls single malt is a Rye whiskey and interesting for a change from time to time.

My personal favorites on the other hand are all Single Malt Scotch, Lagavulin, Laphroaig, and Talisker are at the top of the list basicaly in that order. Heavy on smoke and peat is my preference. I do have a bottle of Dalwhinnie but don't drink it often. I keep a bottle of Famouse Grouse around for people who haven't had scotch before or got ahold of some realy funky stuff the first time around.

Im from Tullamore and the whiskey is made ten minutes away in town, one of my favourites altogether - and its cheap as chips here too!

Well, since mu upper limit in price runs about $60.00 a fith, I won't be drinking a lot of those aforementioned whiskies.
A bottle of 21 yr old Glenlivet runs around $150.00 in this area, I won't be drinking that either. Occasionally some 18 yr old.

I will be buying a lottery ticket today, and if I hit it...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Recommend Red Breast Irish.... </div></div>

You have nailed it my friend. Red Breast killz.

Well being an Irishman and a whiskey drinker i don't drink anything but Jameson's...it's what i wet my whistle on first and my number drink to take on broad, just in front of a cold bottle of Miller...if you can get it, the 18 year old Jameson is simply the dogs bollocks

I am partial to the blended Gold Reserve and the 1780 when it's in the Class VI. T. Dew is rough comparitively speaking, and I do have to agree on the Potcheen Red Breast and the offerings from Middleton. Paddy's is quite nice too. (Brady, you are a fucktard and I still don't care if you 'got thirsty' for MY fucking bottle that you were carrying back from Afghanistan for me ya lousy drunken Black an Tan!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am partial to the blended Gold Reserve and the 1780 when it's in the Class VI. T. Dew is rough comparitively speaking, and I do have to agree on the Potcheen Red Breast and the offerings from Middleton. Paddy's is quite nice too. (Brady, you are a fucktard and I still don't care if you 'got thirsty' for MY fucking bottle that you were carrying back from Afghanistan for me ya lousy drunken <span style="font-weight: bold">Black an Tan</span>!) </div></div>

Switch, you and I have the same taste in liquor and cigars.
How about women?
cool.gif

BTW, Black and Tan? Why not just call him a cock fluffer. Damn.

Jameson's 18 and Johnnie Walker Gold are my two favorite whiskeys...

For those of you that can get a bottle, try Powers Irish Whiskey and tell me what you think.

Russian Soccer Fans Urged to Drink Whiskey to Ward Off Swine Flu Virus
Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Print ShareThisRussian soccer fans have been told to drink whiskey on their trip to Wales for next month's World Cup qualifier to ward off the H1N1 swine flu virus, the head of the country's supporter association (VOB) said Monday.

"We urge our fans to drink a lot of Welsh whiskey as a form of disinfection," VOB head Alexander Shprygin told Reuters.

"That should cure all symptoms of the disease."

Russia's Health Ministry has issued a public warning against traveling to Britain because of the spread of the H1N1 virus but Shprygin said he expected at least several hundred fans would go to Wales for the September 9 qualifier in Cardiff.

"Health officials say this virus is very dangerous but being a fan myself I can tell you that for a real fan nothing is more important than the well-being of the team," said Shprygin, who also sits on the executive board of the Russian FA.

"Russian fans don't fear anything or anybody so this virus will not stand in our way of supporting our team."

The Russian FA also said health issues should not prevent fans from traveling.

"We don't want our team to be without any support for such an important match so we urge our fans to go to Wales despite the health warning," a spokesman said.

Germany lead European Group Four with 16 points from six games, one ahead of Russia, with Wales in fourth place on nine points from seven matches.

I guess you can't take the farm out of the boy. I was never one to crave scotch. I have tasted several brands. I usually ended up giving it to a friend of mine that loves it.

My favorite type of golden necture is a home made variety that I can't get any more. (The maker finally passed at the age of 93.) Crown Royal comes in next.

Powers is alright, but it riles my blood more so than the Jameson....Rough and ragging nights are on the Powers and Jameson is for PURE enjoyment...if you can guys, get a bottle...trust me, you will not look back!

Rummy here. None of the spiced crap. Straight dark if you can get it, El Dorado 18 year is my choice.
Chad

Victor,
I had a source of good corn liquor until the gentleman died a few years back. Smooth as the proverbial maiden's breast, with the authority of the maiden's old man.
Wonderful stuff, along with the apple brandy he made, too. I would heat the brandy like sake, and savor the aroma as I sipped it slowly. Alas, I can find no more of that quality.
As my wife said at a family reunion, "All the good cooks have died".

Just tried Redbreast...OMG!!!!!Anyone know where near Knoxville,Tn I can buy it??????????

Hey Victor, I was able to pick up two gallons of home brew recently, made in the hills or NW Arkansas where my family's from. It's getting very hard to find up in that part of the country too.

I guess there's not many people doing that anymore since there's a liquor store on every corner. I figured I'd better get it while I could.

I was down at Rifles Only last year at a match and a couple of crazy ER docs where drinking some kind of fancy Scotch, or Whiskey or something like that, pretty expensive stuff I think. They asked if I wanted some so I said I'd try a little, it kind of smelled funny. After I tried it I said, this would be alot better with some ice and coke in with it. Damn, I thought they were gonna string me up for that comment. I told them that stuff tasted like it had been filtered through a burned out railroad tie and needed some help. Easy there docs, I know you're swelling up reading this, just playing with you guys.
smile.gif