• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is abortion ok

We've always had the ability to prevent unwanted pregnancies...well, at least since we figured out what causes it.

giphy.gif

If you’re saying what I think youre saying, that’s a big no from me dude 😂

Didn’t realize the Mormons and other religious extremists got out of their 9-5s so early lol

There are some incredible links about a pro-life, christian libertarian perspective on abortion. I’ve watched the soho forum debate that’s linked there twice and it’s amazing. Kerry Baldwin gives Walter Block the business in this debate. I don’t disagree with Walter Block on many things but this issue is one of them

giphy.gif

If you’re saying what I think youre saying, that’s a big no from me dude 😂

Didn’t realize the Mormons and other religious extremists got out of their 9-5s so early lol
I’m definitely not down with abstinence. I love my wife and love givin her a good pounding. Can’t schedule a vasectomy for a little bit, but can’t wait to finally be recovered from that…

Reactions: TurboTrout
There are some incredible links about a pro-life, christian libertarian perspective on abortion. I’ve watched the soho forum debate that’s linked there twice and it’s amazing. Kerry Baldwin gives Walter Block the business in this debate. I don’t disagree with Walter Block on many things but this issue is one of them

Or just get a simple reversible injection and eliminate the whole discussion

The reason this is a issue is because big gov and big religion (kinda the same type of business really) want it to be a issue

I’m definitely not down with abstinence. I love my wife and love givin her a good pounding. Can’t schedule a vasectomy for a little bit, but can’t wait to finally be recovered from that…

I’d look into the wiki link I posted

Morally repulsive, but unenforceable, so it's moot. Biggest con/lie ever perpetrated, IMO.

The lord will judge us all in the end. And there is no amount of hiding/lying to oneself that will change the outcome.

Reactions: Jabberjaw and BLEE
Morally repulsive, but unenforceable, so it's moot. Biggest con/lie ever perpetrated, IMO.

The lord will judge us all in the end. And there is no amount of hiding/lying to oneself that will change the outcome.
No more unenforceable than any other law.
There are always folks who try to skirt the law but if that were the stalling point, there would be no laws.

Reactions: long range sponge
No more unenforceable than any other law.
There are always folks who try to skirt the law but if that were the stalling point, there would be no laws.

Sure it's enforceable. Just force sterilization or abstinence under penalty of..., death? Oh, and if some woman gets pregnant make her carry to term. Feed through a tube if needed.

Like a speeding ticket or any other law. Just need a will to enforce...

So let me be more specific. It's not practically enforceable. 😀

Sure it's enforceable. Just force sterilization or abstinence under penalty of..., death? Oh, and if some woman gets pregnant make her carry to term. Feed through a tube if needed.

False comparisons. Forcing abstinence or making her carry to term all occur before an infraction. You can only penalize AFTER a law is broken, like your speeding reference. If women and physicians knew they would be imprisoned for manslaughter or murder then the numbers would plummet. They certainly wouldn't stop, but we all acknowledge that illegal shenanigans go on all the time.

In the infamous words of Al Bundy, "It's only cheating if you get caught."

I am VERY conservative in all matters but that. To me, it's the same as vax or mask mandates - the .gov has no business telling people or their doctor what to do or not do. If they want an abortion, let them have it. Especially if it's more Democrats having them, and I am pretty sure it would be, the fewer of those Commie bastards the better. An unwanted kid is just going to grow up to be another drain on society.

Reactions: Schroedernd
False comparisons. Forcing abstinence or making her carry to term all occur before an infraction. You can only penalize AFTER a law is broken, like your speeding reference. If women and physicians knew they would be imprisoned for manslaughter or murder then the numbers would plummet. They certainly wouldn't stop, but we all acknowledge that illegal shenanigans go on all the time.

In the infamous words of Al Bundy, "It's only cheating if you get caught."

Fair points and well said.

It's not all about the timing of the infraction.

My secondary intent with the speeding example was to illustrate the will to enforce.

The will to enforce is typically derived from the people, in some form or another, else the society cannot survive. Now, societies rise and fall all the time, sometimes self inflicted, some by conquest. Some fail directly as a result of the intent. Many complicated factors...

In modern western society, the will to enforce an "abortion ban" is just not there.

But I guess the states will decide.

Murder of the unborn is not a right and is indicative of dying society, in the throws of moral and spiritual decay. One may be conservative, or liberal and that is good, but murder is murder and should never be allowed, especially against the unborn. I don't see how there can be any logical argument for the allowing of abortion.

I did nazi that coming ;)

• Haha
Reactions: long range sponge
Only for the following persons would it have been ok. 308Pirate, OldLooser, and Steve Podlski..... I digress. :p

In the same vein:

Already has.

I think it was Edgar Rice Burroughs who said, speaking of a drunkard on a rampage, "Civilization is a thin veneer man wears in society that is easily stripped away." We're all drunk.

Reactions: Sako man

Kill a baby, get charged like any other murder.

Nobody can know the mind of God. We can only guess and know what he thinks by His revealed word.

With that said, I'm going out on a limb. These tornados happened in 1974. It was in 1973 that the SCOTUS permitted the wholesale murder of babies. We should not underestimate that the Lord was really angry. There were probably other mega-disasters back then; earthquakes, probably being one of them.

More recently, some of you may recall the rapid conflagration of Australia. The forest fires spread rapidly after New South Wales decriminalized abortion. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Reactions: 232593
Nobody can know the mind of God. We can only guess and know what he thinks by His revealed word.

With that said, I'm going out on a limb. These tornados happened in 1974. It was in 1973 that the SCOTUS permitted the wholesale murder of babies. We should not underestimate that the Lord was really angry. There were probably other mega-disasters back then; earthquakes, probably being one of them.

More recently, some of you may recall the rapid conflagration of Australia. The forest fires spread rapidly after New South Wales decriminalized abortion. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Nope.

Cow farts and SUVs. Greta said so.

Ok, let’s look at this topic logically.

Women get abortions because they can’t afford, take care of, or are not willing to have a child..so, in other words eliminate the inconvenience.

So, can I do that with full grown adults on welfare and other government assistance because they are an inconvenience to me and my taxes are too high to afford?

Ok, let’s look at this topic logically.

Women get abortions because they can’t afford, take care of, or are not willing to have a child..so, in other words eliminate the inconvenience.

So, can I do that with full grown adults on welfare and other government assistance because they are an inconvenience to me and my taxes are too high to afford?

No...thats murder....
Just like that other inconvenient truth.

Caanada (intentionally misspelled) is actually already doing that and calling it "euthanasia assistance". Can't make this stuff up. When Newsom gets installed, he will likely go straight there too.

Hi,

Who is the government to say what someone can or cannot do; right?

IF that works for one conversation topic it should work for this one too.

----------------------------------------------------------------

What is easier to measure, MOA or MIL???

Sincerely,
Theis
Dunno! What’s harder, sharpening lawn mower blades or cutting up sausage links?

Caanada (intentionally misspelled) is actually already doing that and calling it "euthanasia assistance". Can't make this stuff up. When Newsom gets installed, he will likely go straight there too.
And we should make sure he’s first👍

Not as black and white as you gentlemen would like to believe. The following is a quote from an ultrasound technician:

" The law will ban abortion at every stage of pregnancy for every reason.
This is not okay, not reasonable, and definitely not acceptable.
If you don’t know me well, maybe you don’t know what I do for a living. I’m an ultrasound technologist. My colleagues and I look at babies in every stage of pregnancy every day. I also work in a high risk unit. My unit and I look at babies and mothers in varying states of mental and physical health. If you think an abortion ban sounds good, then I am a good person to ask about why it isn’t.
So let me tell you:
About the woman whose baby developed with no skull, and the brain just floating around. Her baby still had a heartbeat, and she would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman whose baby has a rare chromosomal condition called T13. Her baby’s organs grew outside its body, and had a cleft palate so bad that there was no nose. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman whose blood pressure is spiking so high that she passes out and is likely to stroke out before her baby is born. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman with such a severe form of hemophilia that giving birth will probably be fatal to both her and the baby. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the 13 year old whose school isn’t allowed to teach her science-based sex-education, so she didn’t know how to prevent pregnancy or STIs, but whose body is not developed enough to carry to term without being damaged. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman who was raped by a friend who wanted to “make sure she got home safely”. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman who has PCOS so only has periods every 3-4 months and can’t find a birth control that works for her. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman whose abusive partner removed the condom without telling her (it’s called stealthing, and it happens more frequently than you’d think). She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman with the cornual ectopic pregnancy that isn’t reliably in the uterus, and could grow to a size that will kill her. She would not be able to access abortion."

As you can plainly read there are numerous medical conditions and compassionate care decisions that can necessitate a medical (abortion) termination of a pregnancy. On a historical moral note WWJS (what would Jesus say?) given that he was a Jewish Rabi two thousand years ago.
Fairly sure in his time the belief was life (or at least personhood) began at birth (first breath), but that can be an armchair debate in another thread.

Not as black and white as you gentlemen would like to believe. The following is a quote from an ultrasound technician:

If you don’t know me well, maybe you don’t know what I do for a living. I’m an ultrasound technologist. My colleagues and I look at babies in every stage of pregnancy every day. I also work in a high risk unit. My unit and I look at babies and mothers in varying states of mental and physical health. If you think an abortion ban sounds good, then I am a good person to ask about why it isn’t.
So let me tell you:
About the woman whose baby developed with no skull, and the brain just floating around. Her baby still had a heartbeat, and she would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman whose baby has a rare chromosomal condition called T13. Her baby’s organs grew outside its body, and had a cleft palate so bad that there was no nose. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman whose blood pressure is spiking so high that she passes out and is likely to stroke out before her baby is born. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman with such a severe form of hemophilia that giving birth will probably be fatal to both her and the baby. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the 13 year old whose school isn’t allowed to teach her science-based sex-education, so she didn’t know how to prevent pregnancy or STIs, but whose body is not developed enough to carry to term without being damaged. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman who was raped by a friend who wanted to “make sure she got home safely”. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman who has PCOS so only has periods every 3-4 months and can’t find a birth control that works for her. She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman whose abusive partner removed the condom without telling her (it’s called stealthing, and it happens more frequently than you’d think). She would not be able to access abortion.
About the woman with the cornual ectopic pregnancy that isn’t reliably in the uterus, and could grow to a size that will kill her. She would not be able to access abortion."

99% of abortions aren’t any of these

So let me tell you:

As you can plainly read there are numerous medical conditions and compassionate care decisions that can necessitate a medical (abortion) termination of a pregnancy. On a historical moral note WWJS (what would Jesus say?) given that he was a Jewish Rabi two thousand years ago.
Fairly sure in his time the belief was life (or at least personhood) began at birth (first breath), but that can be an armchair debate in another thread.

So we should keep it legal to kill 99 healthy unborn babies so that the one case in a hundred can be killed as well?

I'm pretty sure the law allows for special circumstances like this but please show me where I am wrong?

So let me tell you:

In Coker v Georgia and Kennedy v Louisiana, SCOTUS ruled the death penaly for rape and incest was a violation of the 8th.

So, if we can't kill people who actually commit those crimes how does it make sense to kill innocent third parties to the crime?

Would you go to the Special Olympics and tell those athletes their lives are somehow worth less?

So let me tell you:

Totally messed up the reply...kindly see reply above

Reactions: johnnycat
I will toss something in there that I learned roughly a year ago when this entire "ban" (it is not) came to be. First off it is not a ban on abortion, it is not saying abortion is legal, it is saying the federal .gov has not business making laws around this issue. It was handed to each state to make their decision. Being that the US is a pretty "free" place, and even the most poor people here can get from state to state one way or another, if your state has it illegal, go to one where it is.

This is how I understand this entire mess, if I am wrong please let me know.

As to the "list", I have another issue. During the dustup a year ago I learned that the "morning after" pill is available over the counter with no prescription required, at least in MO and KS. IF one of those, oops moments happen, or if one of those horrid moments happen, why not get the pill. Now I know better then most if the horrid does happen the people it happens to are not really thinking with a clear head. This is why most places have a "victims advocate", someone to help them through the "after", they are usually female, and have a fairly rough job. One of the things they are to do is bring up things that might happen as a result of their assault.

Then there is normal birth control, this has been around from the early 60's. I know nothing is 100%, but why the hell don't you take the pill once a day and not worry about it, yes there are side effects, or the shot once a month, yes side effects with that, or IUD.....whatever there is something to make the female getting pregnant less likely, and most of them just don't bother. And in a lot of cases it can be had for no cost. I just don't get it.

So let me tell you:

You fucking people.
You are espousing the morals and ideals of the Third Reich....literally.
This country is now FILLED with "doctors" that would make Josef Mengele, look like Patch Adams.
" Its only the unwanted."
"Its only those who would be a drain on society."
"But! Rape and incest!!"

Ok. You get rape and incest. That completely shuts down the infant body parts industry, and Planned Parenthood. Plus, we recoup the money that is literally poured into those programs.
That cuts the real abortions allowed 99.9% .....approximately, but I bet thats real fucking close.
You go from 100k abortions per year, to 100.

But you know what.....its not about rape and incest. You know how we know?
Because no one wants to ban everything except for rape and incest. Its simply the ugly strawman, they build to prop up abortion on demand.

"Let's kill all the cripples before they are born."
Its takes a massive piece of shit to suggest this. I have several in my circle of family and friends, confined to a wheelchair. A second cousin with cerebral palsy, late wife's cousin with spinal bifida, to name two beautiful people.
Never have I interacted with them and thought, "You shouldn't have been born."
I do have a cousin who the doctors recommended be aborted. His mother said no way, its in God's hands. He has a mild bit of autism, but otherwise quite capable of functioning in society. When the whole RoeVWade shit was struck down, he got on Farcebook and really showed his ass, unfriendly family and friends.....so....its clear he is unfortunately terminally retarded. Maybe his momma should have listened to the Mengele institute.

Here is where you'll dismiss me, tell me I have no place in the discussion because....FUNDAMENTAL CHRISTIAN!!! Booo! Hisses! Yeah...fuck you, nazi cunts.

God IS in control. Nothing happens he doesn't ALLOW TO happen.
He does not create evil. He did not create evil.
Man and his buddy Satan created evil.
If a cat is pregnant, do you abort the kittens? No, you let her have them, then adopt them, or turn them loose in my remote neighborhood....but thats another topic.
People who won't kill a cat, think nothing of aborting a baby.
The fact that you cocksuckers don't see the problem here, is what is so alarming.
You couldn't kill God with junk science from the 1800s.....so you'll kill him with the destruction of empathy, compassion, and love.
You people are fucking monsters. You certainly have a form of godliness....but its not holy.

I love how butthurt the ultra right fucks get over abortion, it’s the rights trigger of the liberal screamo meltdown 😂

99% of abortions aren’t any of these

You might want to double check your data, the abortion rate for fetal and maternal health is actually about 7%. That’s still a lot of abortions because they just don’t want a baby for whatever reason, but at least get your facts right.

The reality is, if the Bible thumpers had their way then abortions for the health of the baby and mother would be illegal too. On the other end of the spectrum if the nazi’s had their way abortions would be legal up to the time of delivery. The only common denominator is that both groups are fucking retarded.

Reactions: FWoo45

So let me tell you:

Here is the issue:
A wide swath of people would agree that abortion is not a good thing but sometimes it might be necessary evil and in the following cases it needs to be an option that the mother needs to decide and her chosen medical professionals should be able to help her with her decision:

Rape
Child abuse
Child family sexual abuse
The life of the mother being in great danger
The baby being no longer viable.

If the law was changed to that, legal abortions would almost become almost non existent, but there would still be the option for those in difficult circumstances.

BUT nobody ever actually is going to come up with that and agree to vote it into law on any side.
Because power and control is ALL about divide and conquer.
So the conservative side is pushed to go extreme complete ban
While the liberal side is pushed to go extreme all the way to practically after birth abortions.

Both sides then spend all their time screaming at each other while the rulers and politicians laugh about the stupids.

I would say this however, if men were forced to face (to the greatest extent possible) the exact same possible consequences for a pregnancy as a woman does, and couldn't run away or hide from it or ask the woman to cover it up for them or pay their way out of it, or pay some "sin money" for others to do the work for them. While at the same time women were no longer allowed to use children as a means to just get money given to them by others, but instead actually had to split things including work and care and expenses and raising, directly with the father, with no financial advantage and no control of the money from someone else, well you'd find the discussion changed in a huge hurry and social norms suddenly much different.

Here is the issue:
A wide swath of people would agree that abortion is not a good thing but sometimes it might be necessary evil and in the following cases it needs to be an option that the mother needs to decide and her chosen medical professionals should be able to help her with her decision:

Rape
Child abuse
Child family sexual abuse
The life of the mother being in great danger
The baby being no longer viable.

You mean the wide swath of 37% of Americans who believe it should be illegal in all or most cases (most cases are what your examples fall under) compared to the 61% of Americans who believe it should be legal in all or most cases?

The data from political affiliation is interesting too.

What's wrong with killing people?

People use mental gymnastics to justify their version of killing people all the time, but as many have already said "murder is murder". With that being said, I'm OK with murder. I'm OK with the state murdering people who commit especially heinous crimes (death penalty). Many liberals disagree. I thought it was perfectly acceptable for Kyle Rittenhouse to murder the people he killed. Many liberals disagree. I find murdering cows and grilling them absolutely delicious. PETA types disagree.

People claim that the flavor of murder they like is ok and try to tell others that the murder they don't like is wrong. People kill shit all the time, so what.

There seems to be a lot of opinions flying on what other people should do. All this, coming from a bunch of people who get all butt hurt when they get forced to do something. Whats a day without some hypocrisy......When it comes to these types of things people should mind their own fucking business.

What's wrong with killing people?

People use mental gymnastics to justify their version of killing people all the time, but as many have already said "murder is murder". With that being said, I'm OK with murder. I'm OK with the state murdering people who commit especially heinous crimes (death penalty). Many liberals disagree. I thought it was perfectly acceptable for Kyle Rittenhouse to murder the people he killed. Many liberals disagree. I find murdering cows and grilling them absolutely delicious. PETA types disagree.

People claim that the flavor of murder they like is ok and try to tell others that the murder they don't like is wrong. People kill shit all the time, so what.
One of the things I could never get my head around, well you want this serial killer to be put to death, wait but you want to ban abortion, when is murder not murder....you can't support one and not the other, or oppose one and not the other.