• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is it worth it to upgrade to a ZCO or TT

How someone can quantify worth TO someone else, FOR someone else is beyond me.

If you can afford it, do it. I’ll own a ZCO or similar one day. For now though, I’ll be a poor with my Bushnell DMRs

Reactions: CSTactical
Old eyes here…just love my ability to get behind my ZCO 420 3XNLE. I don’t try to justify $$, I just like it better than my previous SB/NF/TT scopes

ZCO 420 parallax - eyebox - reticle - NLE - just like the combo on my AXSR, 300N, 338L, 308 Steel/Overlook Hunting

Z8i 2-16x50 mil turret on my Blaser 300W for LW hunting/packing

it might be for you , but I ain't paying that much for one scope Id use the money and buy 3 of my current scopes and still have more than enough money left over for an adjustable rail and go that much further out with lunch . But they are nice scopes so if you get one best of luck to you .

Wow thanks for all the feedback. Out of the 5 PM2s I have they are all the 5x25s and the older DT models with the exception of my one MTC turret scope. They are all H59 reticle. I also own a few ATACRs (7x35 and a few 4x16). That being said I really like the the ATACR's turrets.

I also have never been bothered by the PM2s tunneling between 5-7 power. I don't shoot down that low very often. Usually all my scopes sit somewhere around 10-12 power at any target between 300-1300 yards.

I guess it's sound strange but I just wonder if the ability of old cow syndrome. Not really needing to change scope but just the curiosity if I am really missing out on something by still running my old faithful.
If you are happy with your S&B and it work well, dont change it. You save a hell of a lot money :)

Reactions: Bigrederic
Pick the reticle you like and go with that optic.

I did cut to the chase in my first post in this thread, but haven't yet given specific thoughts since buying a TT 525. TT seemed brighter and less colorful / less contrast than ZCO. TT had better FOV than ZCO. Reticle, preference I guess, but ZCO's reticles are very thick, with small center dot. TT is much thinner than ZCO, but not fine like SCR2 in Burris, or LRR in S&B (which I have not tried, but love on paper). Turrets, I don't really care, but the TT and ZCO are definitely a step above the 2K class scopes. In terms of absolute resolution, I think TT was best overall, but not necessarily because of actual resolution, but because of superior DOF, which made fine tuning parallax less important than on ZCO. Again, plain to see vs the 2K class, but less of a difference between it and ZCO. At distance, the ZCO would go from almost perfect, perhaps better than TT, to less than TT, just by moving to a different object at slightly different range, without fiddling with parallax. To my eye, the ZCO would "color flicker" when in this state - going from deep color and perfect resolution to washed out and a touch blurry, until I fine tuned the parallax.

In a perfect world, I want a ZCO with the Sightron parallax fine tuning wheel and either the Burris SCR2 reticle or the S&B LRR mil. Since that doesn't exist, and everything is a compromise, just give me the XTR Pro SCR2 mil, and if thicker because of the illumination, change the center cross to a dot.

Reactions: HD1911
I have looked through several ZCOs, a friend of mine has 3 or 4 of them. I also had the opportunity to look through a TT 525 briefly at a match. I have not set them all up side by side ever. .. but someday I hope too.
When you do that make sure you set the diopter to your eye, it may be you and your friend are close but if not, then it could reduce the IQ of what you see when looking through the scope and give a false impression the scope did not perform well.

Old eyes here…just love my ability to get behind my ZCO 420 3XNLE. I don’t try to justify $$, I just like it better than my previous SB/NF/TT scopes

ZCO 420 parallax - eyebox - reticle - NLE - just like the combo on my AXSR, 300N, 338L, 308 Steel/Overlook Hunting

Z8i 2-16x50 mil turret on my Blaser 300W for LW hunting/packing

I'll be picking up a ZC420 M3X NLE for myself soon :devilish:

I can't comment on the TT, but I can on the ZCO ZC527.

Im fairly new to precision rifle and shoot mostly NRL22 so take all of this with a grain of salt (or just 40 grains of 22LR :).

I went from an Element Nexus, to an NX8 4-32, to an ATACR 7-25 to the ZCO ZC527. I had a Kahles K525 DLR for a bit but I didn't like the layout/features too much.

All of them were largely in the same league glass wise until you got to the ZCO. The image and FOV is just better that you "feel" closer at the lower magnifications and can resolve details much better. I like the reticle (went with the MPCT3X) and the features (locking turrets, electronics, etc) and the quality is amazing. I won't be selling the other scopes but this one is my favorite. It does have a tight eyebox above 20X but all of them do. The difference is that the ZCO is still bright and detailed at max zoom.

• Love
When you do that make sure you set the diopter to your eye, it may be you and your friend are close but if not, then it could reduce the IQ of what you see when looking through the scope and give a false impression the scope did not perform well.
Well... I will be getting the opportunity. I will have a Tangent Theta and ZCO 5-27 by this time next week to compare. This will be interesting, they both have really got permanent places in my safe that is for sure.

Well... I will be getting the opportunity. I will have a Tangent Theta and ZCO 5-27 by this time next week to compare. This will be interesting, they both have really got permanent places in my safe that is for sure.
I'll be interested to read your evaluation. Threads like this are critical to members like me. I have absolutely zero chance to make up close and personal evaluations.

I'll be interested to read your evaluation. Threads like this are critical to members like me. I have absolutely zero chance to make up close and personal evaluations.
It will be a few of us looking through them, I will attempt to give my best feedback. One of the guys we shoot with has done content for Precsion Rifle Network so maybe I can get him to review them all and right something.

I have a TT525, ZC527 and Schmidt 3-27 for my next review, really looking forward to this one

I have a TT525, ZC527 and Schmidt 3-27 for my next review, really looking forward to this one
I can't say I possess near the calibrated eye you do. I do plan on testing all them in different lighting and weather situations, with several other seasoned shooters.

I can't say I possess near the calibrated eye you do. I do plan on testing all them in different lighting and weather situations, with several other seasoned shooters.
You know I had one of those... but this great opportunity came up that I couldn't pass up.

All joking aside, they have really nice glass, it is what made me order my 4-16 and a few others for work.

I’m not made of money here 😂. About to commence reviewing but if someone has one sitting around they want to send me (@canezach ???) I’d be happy to take a look 😉
Sorry, brother. My 7-35 sits firmly atop my Desert Tech, so it's pretty frequently used, but I would be more than happy to compare it to my Tangent Theta. Just give me a set a parameters you want me to note and I'll gladly post them.

By the way, I hope you and the family are doing well. I miss shooting with you, my friend!

Sorry, brother. My 7-35 sits firmly atop my Desert Tech, so it's pretty frequently used, but I would be more than happy to compare it to my Tangent Theta. Just give me a set a parameters you want me to note and I'll gladly post them.

By the way, I hope you and the family are doing well. I miss shooting with you, my friend!
Likewise, we had some fun out there. Altus gets out to 1400 yards I believe but shooting that mile at your range, that was a fun challenge.

I had a feeling your 7-35 was married to your DT ;) It wouldn't be for my benefit anyway, but I know a lot of folks are curious how the 7-35 stacks up to TT and ZCO, of course we have a lot of feedback already and it's a mixed bag, some love ZCO and some love NF.

Likewise, we had some fun out there. Altus gets out to 1400 yards I believe but shooting that mile at your range, that was a fun challenge.

I had a feeling your 7-35 was married to your DT ;) It wouldn't be for my benefit anyway, but I know a lot of folks are curious how the 7-35 stacks up to TT and ZCO, of course we have a lot of feedback already and it's a mixed bag, some love ZCO and some love NF.
You know I got a really good deal on my 7-35, about $1500 less than I paid for my TT, so i try not to let that cloud my judgment. Honestly, I think it's a fantastic scope. You have to look through the NF and TT side by side to notice the differences. TT has the edge in every category, but it's slight. I'll have to measure FOV to see which one is better. The only area where I think TT has a distinct advantage is turrets. Those damn TT turrets never cease to impress me after all these years, but the question is always, "Is the Tangent $XXX better than NF/Minox/SB/whatever?! And honestly, I can't answer that. The rational side of me says I can buy a Minox with the MR4 reticle for around $2K and it goes toe to toe with the TT in the glass department and you know how much I love the MR4. But then the GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome for those who don't know) kicks in and I buy the new and shiny.

Last edited:
Surprised to see the absence of March in this discussion. IMO the 4.5-28 is a fantastic value.
@Glassaholic has compared March optics before. I'm sure he can add to the discussion. The last one he had (I can't remember if you had it when we shot in Salida or in Canon) was really decent

@Glassaholic has compared March optics before. I'm sure he can add to the discussion. The last one he had (I can't remember if you had it when we shot in Salida or in Canon) was really decent
I just read that and I generally agree with the assessment. I came to the fx from a MK5HD and I very much enjoy the wide FOV for hunting. I don’t have any way to quantify my own experience but I can tell you I enjoy looking through it as much as I do my ZCO and I very much like the FMLTR1 reticle, just not quite as much as the mpct3.

Also havent seen the new zeiss in this thread. I grabbed one of those and it is easily in the top notch category with the rest of mentioned scope. And the turrets are wonderfull with the heavey click every mil.

Definitely had it in Salida, but can't remember if Cañon, I know I had my Minox ZP5 in Cañon, maybe my ZCO too???

I just read that and I generally agree with the assessment. I came to the fx from a MK5HD and I very much enjoy the wide FOV for hunting. I don’t have any way to quantify my own experience but I can tell you I enjoy looking through it as much as I do my ZCO and I very much like the FMLTR1 reticle, just not quite as much as the mpct3.
I just got a ZCO 5-27 FDE with MPCT3 and love it on my AX PB, doing a review of a number of scopes (TT, Schmidt and March) so will have a more thorough eval coming soon (but soon is relative, could be next month, could be six months, crazy right now)

20220514_AI_AXSA_PB_ZCO_5-27x56_FDE_010.jpg

TT is my favorite out of all three, I personally think it has the best turrets and glass. Glass could be subjective but edge to edge clarity is noticeably better compared to some of my other scopes. Turrets clicks are unlike S&B where the clicks are so close to each/too fine.

TT is my favorite out of all three, I personally think it has the best turrets and glass. Glass could be subjective but edge to edge clarity is noticeably better compared to some of my other scopes. Turrets clicks are unlike S&B where the clicks are so close to each/too fine.
I would agree with the older Schmidt turrets, but the new DT II+ turrets are a whole new ballgame, closest to TT along with March's new locking turret IMO

Reactions: Huskydriver
I would agree with the older Schmidt turrets, but the new DT II+ turrets are a whole new ballgame, closest to TT along with March's new locking turret IMO
That was the primary reason I sold my S&B. I thought it was a great scope. Glass was excellent and I always liked the Gen2XR reticle I had, but I always found myself over-dialing when I was on the clock. The clicks themselves were nice, but there was increased resistance at every full mil mark, so if I needed 4.1 mils, I always ended up dialing to 4.2 or 4.3 and had to slowly, carefully dial back. At the range, it's no big deal. When you're at a match, that time adds up

Last edited:
That was the primary reason I sold my S&B. I thought it was a great scope. Glass was excellent and I always liked the Gen2XR reticle I had, but I always found myself over-dialing when I was on the clock. The clicks themselves were nice, but there was increased resistance at every full mil mark, so if I needed 4.1 mils, I always ended up dialing to 4.2 or 4.3 and had to slowly, carefully dial back. At the range, it's no big deal. When you're at a match, that time adds up
My experience has been the same with previous Schmidt turrets but not the DT II+ I’m calling this the fun bunch, love the turrets on all four

image.jpg
image.jpg

My experience has been the same with previous Schmidt turrets but not the DT II+ I’m calling this the fun bunch, love the turrets on all four

View attachment 7874376View attachment 7874377

I'm really digging the ZCO in FDE. It might be the next one I buy, but I admit I'm torn between it and the Gen 3 Razor. I'm not saying the Razor is on par with the ZCO, but I can pick up the Razor for under $2k, so it's really tempting

By the way, what's the bottom scope on the last pic?

I'm really digging the ZCO in FDE. It might be the next one I buy, but I admit I'm torn between it and the Gen 3 Razor. I'm not saying the Razor is on par with the ZCO, but I can pick up the Razor for under $2k, so it's really tempting

If you can get Gen3 Razor for under $2k, that's a no brainer.

The bottom scope in that picture is March 4.5-28x52.

ILya

Reactions: Glassaholic
If you can get Gen3 Razor for under $2k, that's a no brainer.

The bottom scope in that picture is March 4.5-28x52.

ILya
Thanks, Ilya! Knowing Bill, I figured it was going to be a March. And your thoughts on the Razor are the same as mine. It was too good to pass up! I just have to wait for them to come back in stock

ILya is correct, the March 4.5-28x52 :)

Here's some better pics
20220521_TT_S&B_ZCO_March_005.jpg

20220521_TT_S&B_ZCO_March_002.jpg

20220521_TT_S&B_ZCO_March_004.jpg

• Love
Reactions: HenryTheAce

Here's a comparison of the FDE ZCO to the Vortex Gen3
20220331_AI_AXSA_PB_Vortex_G3_6-36x56_0005.jpg

20220514_AI_AXSA_PB_ZCO_5-27x56_FDE_006.jpg

• Love
Reactions: HenryTheAce