• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Is there an inexpensive .22-250 bolt-action?

tasslehawf

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2009
Austin, TX
A family member turned me onto this interesting cartridge type. He bought a rossi single shot rifle for his young daughter, but I was looking for an adult size bolt-action for me as a trainer. I guess if I want to get an inexpensive trainer, I'll have to stick with .22LR, since the .22-250's go for about the same as a .308.

Re: Is there an inexpensive .22-250 bolt-action?

+1 on the stevens. or a savage.

Scott

Yeah. The Stevens 200 seems like the right deal for me. Now to pick out a scope..

If you want to start out with a varmit contour look for a 12FV. it has the cheap stock, but that is easily replaced. I think for a little more up front you would have a better rifle to start with. The 12FV would at least have the Accutrigger, where as the stevens dosen't.

Winchester "USA" brand 40 round Varmit Pack is a decent performing short/midrange round(300-400+ yrds) with decent brass. Available @ Wal-Mart. Save the Brass!

Here is mine in a Factory laminate stock purchased from Midway USA, other wise it is all stock. except for a Stockade Bolt lift kit.
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/halfnutz71/?action=view&current=100_1956.jpg