• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is there such thing as AR15 sniper rifle?

The capitalized is a typo. I am making a lot of typos because my fingers are too big for this cell phone. The training was in 1980s but I was specializing on a different NATO country. I know very little about US military and when I talk to my American friends who are ex military (usually colonel or above) we never discuss military subjects or politics. My military training was very specialized.

Hi,

Lucky for us, I know a bit about USA and Russian Military so feel free to expand on your Colonel friends level; I will try and keep up, lol.

Name the Academy, lol......

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
The capitalized is a typo. I am making a lot of typos because my fingers are too big for this cell phone. The training was in 1980s but I was specializing on a different NATO country. I know very little about US military and when I talk to my American friends who are ex military (usually colonel or above) we never discuss military subjects or politics. My military training was very specialized.

I thought this was the stupid marksmanship questions forum at first, and was about to give you an explanation of why the Mk12 is used in specific roles as well as my experience with it.

Then I read this and decided Im just going to laugh at you instead.

I guess its another typo . "on a different NATO contry" visiting that country was very diffucult at thetime... By the way, i never enlisted or volunteered fot it. They just said its the law...gave an officer rank without me asking for it, etc. Fortunately after the university i did not have to go to the military and pursued a peaceful career...

I guess its another typo . "on a different NATO contry" visiting that country was very diffucult at thetime... By the way, i never enlisted or volunteered fot it. They just said its the law...gave an officer rank without me asking for it, etc. Fortunately after the university i did not have to go to the military and pursued a peaceful career...

Uh oh.
Let the real barbecue now begin.

Ha-ha... Very funny! RKKA is Red Army which was renamed Soviet Army in 1943 or something like that. Both of my grandfathers were actually RKKA officers. One started fighting in 1939 during the Whinter War with Finland as a commander of a big "mchine gun" unit - those old Maxim machine guns. That war was not very successful for RKKA as you probably know. No...it was just the military department of Moscow State University in an old 18th century building. The role I was trained for was somewhat funny - I had no clue how to command a regiment or smaller unit...but in some circumstances I was supposed to be able to command a division and was trained for that as well besides my main responsibilities training.

Hi,

LOLOLOL no I was referring to The RKKA Academy not the "Red Army"... Completely different.
In 1998 it merged and became the Combined Arms Academy of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation then in 2010 it changed names again.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
KwOMeU2zf3fby.gif

Hi,

LOLOLOL no I was referring to The RKKA Academy not the "Red Army"... Completely different.
In 1998 it merged and became the Combined Arms Academy of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation then in 2010 it changed names again.

Sincerely,
Theis

I think we could have a new Paparockal in the making

не светить Туфли на липучке

I’m in. Didn’t see this one until now but came across one of his other works yesterday.
1601768250622.gif

Hi,

Alright, so hold on, lol.
So you were in some secret squirrel non military unit at Moscow State University in which you were trained to Command an entire division along with your Alfa training in which you were not in the military but they gave you an Officers Rank?
All while at a building OFFSITE of the actual Moscow State University? Because MSU is not across the street from The Kremlin and never has been.

I have absolutely heard this story before...except it was based on USA University and USA military experience.........

Sincerely,
Theis

This reminds me of the guy I took trapping years ago.
He declared he was former"Recon Platoon".
Scared of heights, couldn't swim.
However, due to his "outstanding other qualities", was rushed into the unit and deployed with little or no training.

Looked decidedly pale when we were skinning.

Last edited:
OK.. If you are so curious about it: 1998 is way past the time I left USSR they might have named RKKA something else but to me RKKA is and always will be Рабоче Крестьянская Красная Армия created by comrade Trotsky. Moscow State University is pretty big and somewhat scattered through Moscow. I don't know about now but at the time 2 departments - Journalism and ISAA (Instutute of African and Asian Countries) were in a couple of old 18th century buildings . So was the central library. In one of those buildings was that secret military department. Commanding troops, even a division was a rather exceptional skill for peple trained there. Our main function in the armed forces was quite different. I am sire this system still remains in modern Russia but only for selected elite schools. After graduation students were very welcome to. join either the armed forces or KGB and could get a free apartment as an incentive but I know very few who did.

Well they called John Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo (D.C. Shooters) Snipers. A name is a name. A skill is a skill.
If you are asking if there are AR-15s that can shoot well at distance, then absolutely there are. They shoot even better under trained supervision.
Also to note it was all done with a Bushmaster

Tagged in so i can wake tomorrow and read for a laugh.
Now back to bushmaster speak.
Are there many bushes to master anymore?
I thought it was an endless sea of hairless cats now

Tagged in so i can wake tomorrow and read for a laugh.
Now back to bushmaster speak.
Are there many bushes to master anymore?
I thought it was an endless sea of hairless cats now
The run way strip is still in .... ✈️ test your pilot skills everyone wanted to be one so here’s your chance 🤣😂🤣

That’s the Finland version. The domestic US version isn’t double sided; only made to swing one direction.

Reactions: Jackalope
I got you, homie.

ofiMkwh.jpg
Ha-ha... Very funny! I hope the same famous Karelian birch is used as was in the Finnish Mosin sniper rifles. And this is the standard Soviet assault weapon.I will bring one back next time I go to Russia (hopefully with the new Russian private company made sniper rifle for 340,000 rubles).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 27
Hi,

Ummmm you may need to brush up on Legalities of importing firearms into the USA from Russia.
Search the Voluntary Restraint Agreement List!!
IF the firearm is not specifically listed on that list then you are NOT going to import it into the USA without facing spending the next 20 years in Federal Prison.

So you mentioned the company is privately owned in Russia....Well there isn't but a couple of those. The most known one is Lobaev Arms and you would need to quadruple your Rubles budget for one of those.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Well, as you’ve probably read, you can “snipe” someone with an AR-15 making it a “Sniper Rifle” because the act of sniping doesn’t have an effect on the terminology of the equipment that is used. And just to play Devils Advocate, a rifle doesn’t actually do the “assaulting” by definition. So the term “assault rifle” is not really a “thing.” Jus sayin’

Hi,

Ummmm you may need to brush up on Legalities of importing firearms into the USA from Russia.
Search the Voluntary Restraint Agreement List!!
IF the firearm is not specifically listed on that list then you are NOT going to import it into the USA without facing spending the next 20 years in Federal Prison.

So you mentioned the company is privately owned in Russia....Well there isn't but a couple of those. The most known one is Lobaev Arms and you would need to quadruple your Rubles budget for one of those.

Sincerely,
Theis
It's ORSIS T-5000 by ORSIS. They are near Moscow and it's a very good rifle http://streletc.com/store/oruzhie/k...hie/orsis_se_t-5000_k338lapuamag_gv2012_1547/
You can buy it Germany but you will pay at least 30% more. Mr Lobaev's rifles are impressive, even though I dont like the aestetics. I saw a recent interview of a guy who hit a target at 4500 meters or so. As far as I know Lobaev will soon release a new model that has an effective range of 7000 meters.

Hi,

It doesn't matter which manufacturer it actually is or where it is purchased from.
It cannot be imported into the USA unless it is specifically listed on the VRA and I can assure you the orsis rifle or lobaev rifle is on the VRA list.
Geezus Christ man, you need to stop acting as if you actually have knowledge or any knowabouts to shit you have no clue about.
Have you ever seen on Orsis rifle in order to say it is a very good rifle?

Sincerely,
Theis

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
How I legally get something in the US is my problem, not yours. I haven't fired that rifle yet but I know personally couple of people who did and they like it. It actually seems to me that you are the one who claims to know more than me about Russian weapons and that is not necessarily true.

i only use hand made swedish axes.
what were we talking about again?

It's ORSIS T-5000 by ORSIS. They are near Moscow and it's a very good rifle http://streletc.com/store/oruzhie/k...hie/orsis_se_t-5000_k338lapuamag_gv2012_1547/
You can buy it Germany but you will pay at least 30% more. Mr Lobaev's rifles are impressive, even though I dont like the aestetics. I saw a recent interview of a guy who hit a target at 4500 meters or so. As far as I know Lobaev will soon release a new model that has an effective range of 7000 meters.
Stop being a dumbass

Reactions: sea2summit
How I legally get something in the US is my problem, not yours. I haven't fired that rifle yet but I know personally couple of people who did and they like it. It actually seems to me that you are the one who claims to know more than me about Russian weapons and that is not necessarily true.
Paparockal, is that you?

Reactions: DaveCo
I saw them at a gun show. They are nice but unfortunately not inexpensive. A good authentic never used Soviet axe from a military warehouse will cost me $60.

I don't think you have any clue who you are talking to.
Theis knows more about the international arms market first hand, then you will ever comprehend.
There is also a lot of folks on this site that have actually been to war and back not just sat back and talked about it.

Hi,

Direct from BATFE website as seen here https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firear...er Soviet Union located anywhere in the world.

Voluntary Restraining Agreement
Certain restrictions apply to both ammunition and firearms (other than sporting shotguns) which are located or manufactured in Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Ukraine or Uzbekistan and any firearm or ammunition manufactured in the former Soviet Union located anywhere in the world. Only the following stipulated firearm models or parts for these models are importable under the present agreement. 27 CFR § 447.52.

Added as of May 6, 2004:
Pistols / Revolvers Restrictions
German Model P08 Pistol MC-1-5 PistolPolish Vis Model 35 Pistol
IZH 34M (.22 caliber Target Pistol)Soviet Nagant Revolver
IZH 35M (.22 caliber Target Pistol)TOZ 35, .22 caliber Target Pistol
Mauser Model 1896 Pistol-
MTs 440 PistolMTs 57-1 Pistol
MTs 59-1 PistolMTs 1-5 Pistol
TOZ-35M Starter PistolBiathlon-7k Pistol

Added as of May 6, 2004:
Rifle Restrictions
BARS-4 Bolt Action CarbineMC-113-02
Biathlon Target Rifle, .22LR caliberMC-115-1
British Enfield RifleMC-125/127
CM2, .22 caliber Target Rifle MC-126 (also known as SM2, 22 caliber)MC-128
German Model 98K RifleSaiga Rifle
German Model G41 RifleSoviet Model 38 Carbine
German Model G43 RifleSoviet Model 44 Carbine
IZH-94Soviet Model 91/30 Rifle
LOS- 7 Bolt Action RifleTOZ 18, .22 caliber Bolt Action Rifle
MC- 7-07TOZ 55
MC-18-3TOZ 78
MC-19-07Ural Target Rifle, .22LR caliber
MC-I05-01VEPR Rifle
MC-I12-02Winchester Model 1895 (Russian Model Rifle)
Sever Double-BarrelIzh-18MN Single barrel, break action
MR-251 Over/UnderMR-221 Double barrel
MR-141KMR-161K
MTs 116-1MTs 116M Rifle
MTs 112-02MTs 115-1
MTs 113-02MTs 105-01 Combination Gun
LOS-7-1 Bolt-action Sporting RifleLOS-7-2 Bolt-action Sporting Rifle
LOS-9-1 Bolt-action Sporting RifleSobol (Sable) Bolt-action Sporting Rifle
Rekord Semi-auto RifleBars-4-1 Bolt-action Sporting Rifle
Saiga Semi-auto RifleSaiga-M Semi-auto Rifle
Saiga-308 Semi-auto Rifle
Saiga-308-1 Semi-auto Rifle
Saiga-308-2 Semi-auto Rifle
Saiga-9 Semi-auto Rifle
Korshun Semi-auto RifleUral-5-1
Ural-6-1
Ural-6-2
SM-2 Bolt-action Target Rifle
SM-2-1 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Biatlon-7-3 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Biatlon-7-4 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-1 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-2 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-CISM Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-1-308 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-2-308 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-308-CISM Bolt-action Target Rifle
Vepr Semi-autoVepr-Super Semi-auto
Vepr-Pioner Semi-autoVepr-Safari Semi-auto
TOZ 109 Semi-autoKO 44-1 Semi-auto
TOZ 78-01 Bolt-actionKO 44 Semi-auto
TOZ 99 Semi-autoTOZ 99-01 Semi-auto
TOZ 55-01 Zubr Double-barrelTOZ 55-2 Zubr Double-barrel
TOZ 120 Zubr Double-barrelMTs 111 Double-barrel
MTs 109 Double-barrel CombinationTOZ 122 Semi-auto
TOZ 125 Semi-autoTOZ 28 Triple-barrel
TOZ 300 Triple-barrel

Standing By For Your Opinion on this again......
Sincerely,
Theis

Something is up with the op, member since 9/27/20 already had 90 posts, and has another thread going about ar10 sniper! Reading you threads and responses you seems like a very interesting cat!

Something is up with the op, member since 9/27/20 already had 90 posts, and has another thread going about ar10 sniper! Reading you threads and responses you seems like a very interesting cat!

I'm still going with console gaming troll, but I may be very wrong.

Reactions: Ridgeback80
Hi,

Direct from BATFE website as seen here https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-ammunition-and-implements-war-restricted#:~:text=Voluntary Restraining Agreement Certain restrictions apply to both,former Soviet Union located anywhere in the world.

Voluntary Restraining Agreement
Certain restrictions apply to both ammunition and firearms (other than sporting shotguns) which are located or manufactured in Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Ukraine or Uzbekistan and any firearm or ammunition manufactured in the former Soviet Union located anywhere in the world. Only the following stipulated firearm models or parts for these models are importable under the present agreement. 27 CFR § 447.52.

Pistols / Revolvers Restrictions
Added as of May 6, 2004:
German Model P08 Pistol MC-1-5 PistolPolish Vis Model 35 Pistol
IZH 34M (.22 caliber Target Pistol)Soviet Nagant Revolver
IZH 35M (.22 caliber Target Pistol)TOZ 35, .22 caliber Target Pistol
Mauser Model 1896 Pistol-
MTs 440 PistolMTs 57-1 Pistol
MTs 59-1 PistolMTs 1-5 Pistol
TOZ-35M Starter PistolBiathlon-7k Pistol

Rifle Restrictions
Added as of May 6, 2004:
BARS-4 Bolt Action CarbineMC-113-02
Biathlon Target Rifle, .22LR caliberMC-115-1
British Enfield RifleMC-125/127
CM2, .22 caliber Target Rifle MC-126 (also known as SM2, 22 caliber)MC-128
German Model 98K RifleSaiga Rifle
German Model G41 RifleSoviet Model 38 Carbine
German Model G43 RifleSoviet Model 44 Carbine
IZH-94Soviet Model 91/30 Rifle
LOS- 7 Bolt Action RifleTOZ 18, .22 caliber Bolt Action Rifle
MC- 7-07TOZ 55
MC-18-3TOZ 78
MC-19-07Ural Target Rifle, .22LR caliber
MC-I05-01VEPR Rifle
MC-I12-02Winchester Model 1895 (Russian Model Rifle)
Sever Double-BarrelIzh-18MN Single barrel, break action
MR-251 Over/UnderMR-221 Double barrel
MR-141KMR-161K
MTs 116-1MTs 116M Rifle
MTs 112-02MTs 115-1
MTs 113-02MTs 105-01 Combination Gun
LOS-7-1 Bolt-action Sporting RifleLOS-7-2 Bolt-action Sporting Rifle
LOS-9-1 Bolt-action Sporting RifleSobol (Sable) Bolt-action Sporting Rifle
Rekord Semi-auto RifleBars-4-1 Bolt-action Sporting Rifle
Saiga Semi-auto RifleSaiga-M Semi-auto Rifle
Saiga-308 Semi-auto Rifle
Saiga-308-1 Semi-auto Rifle
Saiga-308-2 Semi-auto Rifle
Saiga-9 Semi-auto Rifle
Korshun Semi-auto RifleUral-5-1
Ural-6-1
Ural-6-2
SM-2 Bolt-action Target Rifle
SM-2-1 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Biatlon-7-3 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Biatlon-7-4 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-1 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-2 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-CISM Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-1-308 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-2-308 Bolt-action Target Rifle
Rekord-308-CISM Bolt-action Target Rifle
Vepr Semi-autoVepr-Super Semi-auto
Vepr-Pioner Semi-autoVepr-Safari Semi-auto
TOZ 109 Semi-autoKO 44-1 Semi-auto
TOZ 78-01 Bolt-actionKO 44 Semi-auto
TOZ 99 Semi-autoTOZ 99-01 Semi-auto
TOZ 55-01 Zubr Double-barrelTOZ 55-2 Zubr Double-barrel
TOZ 120 Zubr Double-barrelMTs 111 Double-barrel
MTs 109 Double-barrel CombinationTOZ 122 Semi-auto
TOZ 125 Semi-autoTOZ 28 Triple-barrel
TOZ 300 Triple-barrel

Standing By For Your Opinion on this again......
Sincerely,
Theis
You are correct about the regulations but regulations may have exceptions. I have a plan which I would rather not share on a public forum. I would give 70% chance it will work. Russian weapon industry is quite complicated and there are things that they have or have not done that I still am trying to understand why. I hope they now figured out that creating new customized ammo for your next pistol model is a dead end street. Logic and common sense is not the main guiding principle when they approve weapons for the armed forces. Another example - why pretend a weapon is developed by a Russian designer is everybody knows it has been developed by Italians but paid for by the Russians.?

You most likely know much more about it than I do but if I am correct, right now US importers cannot even get Russian shotguns. I tried to buy my older son an inexpensive Russian semi-auto shotgun and discovered that they are no longer inexpensive because there are no new supplies. I am fine with US brands but for semi-autos they tend to be pricey. Situation may be similar with Chinese imports. I still remember times where you could buy a brand new Chinese SKS wth a sharp blade bayonette in the gun store.

You are correct about the regulations but regulations may have exceptions. I have a plan which I would rather not share on a public forum. I would give 70% chance it will work.

A 30% chance of ending in federal prison sounds pretty good to me

You've done nothing but reinforce my opinion that you're an idiot

Last edited:
Hi,

It has nothing to do with Russian regulations and everything to do with BATFE not approving the Form 6 because it is governed by the VRA. Not on that list equals not getting approved form 6.

There is a reason Kalishnikov spent something like 20 million USD for setting up their USA company...because of that VRA.

I look forward to being able to acquire your Orsis at the BATFE seized property auction, lol

Edited To Add:
Just FWIW (In case you want to speak of Russian Arms Industry realities and not what you read)---I worked the Russian region of the world for DDTC back when Lobaev Arms was named Tsar Cannons and Orsis didn't even exist yet.
Then when Orsis was ready they had the founders Uncle revoke Vlads manufacturing license.
Then Vlad went to the UAE under TADS (Tawazun Advanced Defense Systems) which then went to EDIC and is now called EDGE. Vlad is the reason TADS purchased Caracal and Haenel. The Caracal 50BMG is part of Vlads design.
But then the story gets crazier, lol....Orsis members fled Russia to Austria because the Old Uncle could not protect them any longer. They formed a company called FMF Tactical which went under immediately, then reemerged as Ritter & Stark....again went under.
Once old Uncle was out of assistance Vlad left UAE and went back to Russia and launched Lobaev Arms.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
I must have missed the AR10 thread. I'm enjoying a few others of his though, gonna get me through my monday.