• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Isssues with Superior Tactical Solutions

strike33

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2012
Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Fellow members,
I have in bits and pieces explained some of these issues in other threads however, now that legal issue of confidentiality has been taken off the table I am free to describe be horrific dealings with Superior Tactical Solutions of Henderson, KY
Like many shooters it took me years of saving and years of research in deciding what I wanted as my first custom rifle.
I initially contacted Superior Tactical Solutions back in January of 2011 to inquire about a short action build. Brad Turner, the President of Superior Tactical Solutions promptly returned my inquiring with an invoice laying out the specs. The prices were fair and a completion time of 8-10 weeks was quoted.
Another year went by before I was financially prepared to start the build. I decided that I wanted to move up to the 300WM. I contacted Mr. Turner on 02 Feb 2012 outlying the new specs for a complete barreled action. During this time I found the Cadex Strike 33 chassis offered by Drake Associated. I contacted Chris Drake and spoke with him about the build. I told Chris that I was looking at Defiance long action build and asked if it would drop into the chassis. He told me that I had to check the specs of the action, but in the event the top rail did not match, Cadex could custom machine one.
I contacted Brad Turner with the issue as well. He stated that he orders the Defiance action to mirror the Remington 700 and that the action would drop in. I voiced my concerns over the top rail, he assured me that there would be no issues. This is the quote I received
"Hi Brad,It is exactly the same as the Remington 700. Just have them do the chassis for a Remington 700 and it will work with no problem. That is the reason we kept our Defiance action to Remington 700 specs; so, it would be a straight drop in replacement in virtually everything. Thanks.
Brad
I placed the order with Chris for a FDE Strike 33 and left a 50% deposit. It turns out that the chassis was ready weeks before the estimated time. A big thank you and much appreciation to Chris Drake for all his help and continued support after the sale.
I placed the order with Superior tactical Solutions. I ordered a Defiance Rebel LA LRT rifle. Options included a Broughton barrel, Jewell trigger, threaded barrel with thread protector, OD Cerakote. The total for the barreled action came to $3088.75 with a completion time of 18 weeks. I placed the order with a deposit of $2,000 on February 20th.
Now along the next month or so, I added a fluted barrel, a multicam dip and the certification to the build. On March 15th I ordered the Atlas bipod and DCLW DLOC tripod, as they were to be coated to match by STS. On MArch 29th I sent STS the tripod bipod, Storm case and Eberlestock drag bag.
On April 30th I asked for an update and the new invoice. this was the response "Hi Brad,Everything is going well on the homefront - thanks. Sorry, I thought I had already sent you the updated invoice. My mistake - so, here it is for you. Thanks again.
Brad"
The new invoice included the fluted barrel, multicam dip and rifle certification. $3,945. With a total of $3195, a balance of $750.
Now sometime between this time and 31 May, Brad Turner informs me that the action won't work with the Chassis due to the action being ordered with a larger injection port to facilitate the 338 lapua. I new action with the correct ejection port was ordered.
On 31 May I asked Mr. Turner for an update and that I was getting anxious as we were approaching the the orginal quoted completion time. this was the response:
"If you are getting anxious, then I would recommend going with our Remington M24 set up - it will be faster than the Defiance and the E3 is just as good (and $100 cheaper). The new Defiance actions with the shorter port are still a couple months out and I wouldn't recommend altering your chassis for the Defiance actions we have currently. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I suppose Drake are doing their own 700's. That's fine - we're selling all we can do in a 6 to 9 month window anyway. Thanks. Brad"
I told Brad that I couldn't see spending that kind of money on a Remington. This is what he told me:
"Just so you know. The price of the M24E3 is for the one piece bolt with m16 style extractor, tactical (side) bolt release, M24 lettering, helical flutes, and 8-40 screw holes. We are also reaming and truing the boltway with the rest of the action on that model. So, it is truly the ultimate Remington based action. I can also do the LRT with just the bolt upgrade and 8-40 screw holes. Or, even a LRT with factory bolt and 8-40 screw holes.
We can also modify the chassis rail for the long ejection port Defiance (in fact, I have the action I originally ordered for you extra at the moment) - we can probably make it look fine; but, it won't look as though it was not altered.
Just let me know. I'll be happy to do what you want.
Thanks.
Brad"
I replied June 7th (same day) what the time line was:
"Should have it completed sometime next month - there are a couple of things we are still working on for the M24E3 and we will be on vacation from June 15th thru the 25th. You would get the first production M24E3. Just to let you know, I took an order for an M24E3 yesterday that will be a December completion on the priority (military/LE use) list.
The M24E3 is a M24E2 with boltway trued, one piece bolt with m16 style extractor, and tactical bolt release (just like the Defiance). It will retail for $5930. It is actually going to be only $25 less than the new Defiance in the Cadex Chassis.
We are getting ready to run our Summer special - so, if you want to go with the M24E3, I will let you have the Jewell trigger at not charge (an additional $275 off rather than the $100 I quoted before) as the difference between the Defiance and M24E3.
Thanks again.
Brad"
This was my reply to Mr. Turner "Let's do it, you haven't steered me wrong yet so if you say its just as good then I trust you" On July 7th I received the updated invoice.
Now at this time we had added an AX suppressor mount and American defense scope mount. total paid $3945.
On the 23rd of July I asked for an update. He replied
"Hi Brad,
Hanging in there - working on everything. The SR90 should be fine - I haven't used one before. You can order ammo at any time - I'll just havge to get it together for you. Thanks again.
Brad"
(the SR-90 stock was for a separate short action build)
August 23rd comes around and this is what I tell Mr. Turner:
"Brad,We got a week left in the month, any progress?
We're rapidly approaching the point in time where in going to have to rethink this whole ordeal. Seems that the further behind schedule we get the less responsive you are.
I understand that the more time you spend answering emails
is less time in the shop. But please bear in mind that you are sitting on close to 7,000 dollars worth of money and equipment and ad of Now I an unaware of any progress being made.
Your customer service and patience is what sold me inn
Going with your product but I'm beginning to loose confidence.
V/r
Brad Bleakney"

And the reply:
Brad,
I am truly sorry that you feel the way you do about this "ordeal" and my customer service. I do sincerely apologize that I have not treated you as you feel that I should have. I will get your rifle completed and shipped as soon as possible. I will not bother with pictures, or anything else that might slow the shipment. I will not be able to do the multicam on the chassis - we don't have it looking like I want at the moment - it is a very complex item to dip. What solid color do you want? O.D. Green? Just let me know.
Do I have your FFL? Please give me the business name if you have sent it already - also if it was faxed or emailed.
Thanks again.
Brad"
This was my decision:
"Brad,
Just leave it the way it is, I'll have to send it out to someone and have it duracoated or something along those lines.
Although I appreciate that you don't want to send something out that isn't perfect, this project has been full of disappointments:
When we first started I asked specifically if the Defiance action would fit the chassis and you assured me that it did, when it didn't. I also specifically asked you about the camo dip and if it would work with the chassis due to its complexity and that you lso assured me.
Now I have an action I had to settle for and a chassis that I will have to send out again once the rifle is completed.
I believe that I have been fair and patient with all of this. The original completion date that was quoted was on or about June 15th, it is now nearly September. I made it a point to have the rifle completely paid for so that you did not have to use any of your company's capital to pay for anything.
I may not be ordering multiple rifles like your other customers or operators, but this was a huge investment for me and I feel let down.
I also believe that you used the chassis I sent you for the prototype of the M24E2 that has been posted. You would have known that the enlarged ejection port of the Defiance didn't fit if you had experience with the chassis before hand.
I have settled for an action I didnt really want and now another delay in having to have the chassis finished elsewhere, with no confidence that I will have anything nevermind what I originally ordered in hand anytime soon.
Just refund me the price of the Multicam dip"
As you can see at this point I'm upset and want to end this.
Brad Turner responded with the following:
"Brad,

Please give me a call at your earliest possible conveniece. If you are unable to call during normal business hours, then please let me know when you can call and I will make myself available to talk with you at that time. It is very clear that we need to speak to one another via phone rather than via email. If you call and I do not answer then please leave a message and I will get back with you as soon as I notice you have called. I will be available most of the day today; but, will be in and out. I will also make myself available to you tomorrow - just let me know what time (central) you will be calling. Thanks again.
Brad"
Now things get spotty with quoted details as Mr. Turner choices to talk voice. I should have known better to get everything in writing but that's hindsight.
I called Brad and he told me that there were issues with the prototype M24E3. (Due to still having professional respect I wont disclose what they were ) and that it wasn't ready. It could not give me a timeline on when the M24E3 action would be complete. I confronted him on how and why he sold me on an action that hadn't been fully developed. he responded by saying that they didn't foresee having any issues. At this time we both agreed to return to the original build based off the defiance action.
on October 1st I received an email from Brad Turner that the multicam was looking good. I ordered the USO (Huge thanks to Lazy21). and shipped it out to him. I also ordered the Spuhr mount from Superior Tactical Solutions as well.
I did forget to mention that along the way Brad offered me 100 rounds of custom loaded ammunition free of charge to help make up for all the problems.
On October 6th I sent this message:
"Brad,
I've been doing some thinking, if you don't get any idea from Defiance by Nov. we may need to start looking at a different action. I've been looking at the Mcmillan G30 and the Aztek T-1 long action.I like that the Aztek has a longer tenon and integral recoil lug. I guess the only issue with either would be the bolt handle position for the folding chassis and the scope hole locations for the top rail.I was hopeing to have everything ready for Swat Roundup in Orlando but that time is quickly evaporating.
I completely understand that you can't control the output of the action makers, but we may be able to look into other options as far as custom actions go.I would to go to a worked over badger but then I have to look at a Different chassis/stock.
Let me know what you think or any ideas you may have.
Thanks,
Brad"
Replied on 10 Oct.
Hey brother,
Sorry to take so long to get back with you; but, I've had a son in intensive care again. He's out now and doing better.

Don't have 1st hand experience with either action; but, I do think the Defiance is as good, if not better. I would say take a loaner Rem 700 to "demo" if the Defiance is not here by November. That would solve all of the problems. You could shoot to your hearts content and you wou be getting familiar with the platform you will eventually have with the Defiance.
Thanks again.
Brad"
On October 13th I sent this email to Brad Turner:
"Brad,
I have a proposal to help this situation.I have a custom 300 RUM mag that's been trued and all that fancy stuff done. I really have no need for that caliber. I recently purchased a Rock Creek MTU contour blank in 30 cal. How bout I shoot you the barrel action and the new blank. Chamaber and install the new barrel for 300WM throw on one of the brakes I sent you and bolt it up in the chassis. mount up the scope and shoot it back to me.
This way I have a rifle that is still mine to claim while we wait for the Defiance barreled action to be completed. We should already have all the parts to get this other one done with little down time.
Let me know the cost.
I think this would be the best way to get me a substitue rifle in hand.
I think the only part that I'll need on your end is the Spuhr mount, if it's faster for me to order it then I can do that and we'll adjust the invoice.
Let me know what you think or give me a call.
thanks"
Brad called me and we discussed the issue. We both agreed that this would be the easiest way to get me up and running while we waited on the Defiance. Brad stated that he would bring the barreled action up to LRT specs and that it would noramlly cost $750 but he would only charge me $250. I told Brad that I wasn't looking to put him out of business and volunteered to pay him $500 for the installation. We agreed on this transaction and moved forward. He said it would take a couple of weeks after the parts arrived.
The barreled action was shipped on the 16th and arrived on the 19th. The Rock Creek arrived a few days later.
I sent this message to Brad:
"Brad,
Feel free to do whatever you feel necessary with the barreled action. Just let me know if anything funny comes up, but you can coat it anyway you would like, put whichever break on that you want. If you need to change the knob go right ahead. Basically as long as it shoots I don't care...have at the damn thing!
Now bear in mind that I never received an invoice or written statement outlying this build.
On 30 Oct I received this email:
Hi Brad,
Should be problem at all. The barrel arrived a couple of
days after the action - I apologize for not letting you know; but, my son ended up back in intensive care about that time. He was worse than the first time. Anyway, he is back home now and doing well. I hope and pray we have him well now. What a year - I'm ready for a new one! Everything should be go to go on the rifle - I'll get it done asap. Yes, you will want to stick with the 190 and lighter with that twist.You might try some Hornady 178 Amax loads - they should be fantastic for that rig.
Thanks again.
Brad
My response:
"Brad,
Sorry to here that your son, and your family are still dealing with some bad times. But I'm glad to hear that he is home with you and doing better.My best wishes for you and the rest of the Turner household"
I'm not completely heartless
On November 2nd I sent him a message asking if any of the actions that defiance had listed as in stock would work. He said that they would not due to the ejection port. He also stated that the Defiance should arrive by the end of the month.
I sent him this on Nov 7th:
"Sweet,
I'll be moving to Texas in mid January. Hopefully we can get everything in order before then.
How are things going with the interim rifle?"
Response:
I will have it shortly - working on it now. Would have been ready if hadn't had those issues with my son.
Brad"
Received on 20 Nov:
Hi Brad,
I am finishing up the barreled action you sent and will return everything to you by Wednesday of next week as required. I have
tried to call you; but, the number I have says it has been
disconnected.Please give me a new contact number and give me a call when you get a
chance."
I never did receive those calls, but the blackberry service is notorious for that.
November 27th:
" Hi Brad,
Just wanted to let you know we are finishing everything
up for overnight shipment tomorrow. Everything will arrive to you Wednesday morning as promised. I will send tracking info tomorrow afternoon. And, some pics when I get a chance. Thanks again. Brad"
There were all kinds of issues with the shipping that not necessarily his fault. I received the Remington the following day.
Most things looked good on the rifle. There was one small blemish in the dip but that doesn't bother me. The action was gritty but the cerakote was brand new as well. The one thing that did bother is that the scope was just through in the mount and attached to the rail. I was expecting the scope to be level and boresighted.
I sent this message to him on 30 November after returning to the range:
"So I got it out to the range today. It didn't shoot nearly as well as I expected. I shot Black hills 190 match, Federal 190 match, Black hills 178 amax, Hornady 178 amax and Cor Bon 190 match.
groups were all over the place, best was probably about 1.5 MOA for 3 shot groups.
I thought it may have been me so I broke out the 308 and was shooting 5 round groups below 1/2 moa.
I expected the scope to have at least been boresighted. Before the range a leveled the scope and torqued it down.
The only thing I didn't do was go over the action screws.

I'm going to get a couple more boxes of ammo and give it another chance, but if it doesn't tighten up I'll be cancelling the Defiance..The only good surprise was how light the recoil was, closer to a 5.56. 100 rounds and i never felt it"
Brad Called me within 2 hours. I asked that I send the barrel back to him. He said that he believed the Rock barrel was to blame as it appeared the bore was not straight when he machined it. He stated that he would screw on a brand new Broughton free of charge, that he would keep the Rock to use on 308 build and have everything back to me in two weeks. He also said that I would be doing a favor because he was attending a show that weekend and wanted to display my rifle. I agreed and shipped it back to STS the following day. In regards to the Defiance, I re-stated that I was considering canceling the build. Brad asked that I give him until the first week of January, if it was delivered in time he would fully refund my deposit and work with me in the future on another build. I agreed.
This when things start to go really bad.
December 6th I sent this:
"Brad,
Last time we chatted about the Defiance you were expecting them at the end of Nov, any updates on those?
Right now I'm tracking that I have given you a total deposit of:
I owe you:
410 - 175 (ADM mount) = 235 for the Spuhr
500 for the Rem barreled action.
So if the Defiance can be delivered in time I owe you an additional 735
If we cancel the order due to time then there is a postive balance of 3,210
Just trying to make sure I'm on top of all this.
Ler me know if I'm not tracking
thanks
Brad"
Response:
Hi Brad,
"Your figures are correct. We do have Defiance actions
with more on the way. I'll do my best to get one for you in time.
Thanks again.
Brad"
December 30th. This is when I cancel the order. From this point on I have no written responses until the Release Agreement is sent:
"Brad,
The start of the new year is upon us. It looks like its time to pull the plug on this project. Currently I have neither rifle in my possession and thousands of dollars tied up. I haven't heard from you in three weeks. You said you would have the Remington back to me in two. I can no longer wait or afford all this. I am in the process of moving, my father has just gone under emergency surgery for colon cancer and I have spent oo many nights awake wondering if I am ever going to see the fruits of this investment.
Please complete and return the Remington to me along with the remainder of the equipment I have sent you. Please refund the difference ($3,210) for the Defiance. I would expect that you can get the refund to me my Wednesday of next week (January 9th).

Regrettably,
Brad Bleakney
On 4 January I left a voicemail at Superior Tactical Solutions once again stating that I was canceling the order and expected a refund in the amount agreed with 5 business days.
A couple hours later Brad and I spoke. I asked him the status of the Remington. He said that due to the weather he was unable to test, that it would shipped on the Monday and that I should have it by Wednesday. Brad stated that if he could not deliver the Defiance by the follow week he would give me a refund of $2500. I reiterated that we had a deal that if it was not completed by the first week of January that I would be issued a refund in the amount $3210. He reluctantly agreed.
I sent this message to him when I got back home:
"Brad,
I think that after the amount of time and consideration I have given you I deserve to be able to rant here just bit.
I feel absolutely taken advantage of. Not a single thing has gone as planned over the past 11 months. To start, when I first contacted you, you assured me that the Defiance actions that you has would fit, that you have them machined correctly for a Rem drop in. That was not the case and we had to adjust. Although I do not hold you responsible for the delay with Defiance there is still no excuse for the build to take a year when the quoted time was 16 weeks.
I purposely made sure that you had tall the funds necessary to complete the build as I did not want you to have to use your capital to source the parts.
Although I appreciate that you were willing to send me your rifle, it is not the same as having one that I can call my own.
It seems like when things were going well that you were more than willing to spend time and answer my e-mails/ questions. But when things were off scheduled I had to fight to get answers.

I feel that I have completely wasted the last year. Not one deadline was met. And to show for it all, I have one scope mount and one multicam dip. This is completely unacceptable. And the stand in rifle that I had to donate to this project did not perform as stated it would.
Through this whole process I was compassionate and sympathetic to the personal issues that you had and their effect on our business. You must understand that in my profession personal strife and issues can not and must not get in the way of mission. It may have been naive of me to expect that from a business but I
believe that we are all professionals.We have already discussed the issues with you using my parts (chassis) to promote your business and advertise.

It may not be a big deal to lose one customer or project but this was a huge investment in time and money for me. As an enlisted Soldier I do not have the cash to throw around, and I put my time, money and trust in you to deliver as promised, and I was failed. I can not, in good conscience recommend you or your services. I have given you enough opportunities to make things right and I continue to be disappointed.

Below this email are the financial figures. You owe me a refund of $3,210. I expect this in no more than 5 business days from today. You should still have my account information on file, if not I will forward it to you.
If there are any issues notify via e-mail so that there is a written record of the correspondence.
I can be reached via telephone at (removed)

Brad Bleakney"

No reply.
Monday came and went and no shipping information was sent.

Thursday January 10th I receive this:
Brad,

First, let me say that I do sincerely apologize for the inability to get the Defiance LRT Rifle package completed in time for you. Enclosed is an invoice reflecting the true full value of the parts and services we have provided to you on the M700 LRT Rifle built for you on the Remington 700 action you provided.

As suspected, the Rock Creek barrel you supplied was the full problem with why the rifle did not shoot to our normal standards the first time out. As I stated to you, we do not use nor do we recommend the use of Rock Creek barrel blanks due to these type of potential accuracy problems. Also, a twist rate of 1 in 11.25 is too slow for a 300 WIN MAG rifle barrel.

In any event, the rifle has been fully corrected with installation of the new Broughton barrel. It is now a full spec STS M700 LRT Rifle with the upgrades reflected on the invoice, including the helical fluted bolt upgrade.

I have included a copy of a Project Completion and Release Agreement for your review. In the agreement, we agree to return everything to you including the rebuilt rifle, all parts sent to us (including the Rock Creek barrel), and a check in the amount of $2255 as a refund if you agree with the full terms and conditions of the agreement. A Docusign version of that document will be along shorlty for you to sign via email. The $2255 dollor figure is based on the following:

Amount paid for Defiance Project: $3945

Minus

Spuhr Mount: $410

Multicam Finish to Chassis: $250

Work Completed on supplied Remington 700: $500

New Broughton 5C Barrel: $330

Shipping and Handling: ($100 x 2 times)

For a refund check in the amount of: $2255
We want to maintain a valued relationship with you and all of our customers and stand behind our work. We hope we can both work together to get this resolved and we appreciate your continued patience.

As stated above, STS has fully rebuilt your rifle with a new Broughton barrel and the rifle now meets our full M700 LRT rifle specification and we are confident it will meet your requirements. We can't change the past, but we will continue to work to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. To this end, with the execution of the Project Completion Agreement, STS will waive $1759 worth of services. Your original payment was $3945 and therefore a refund of $2255 will be paid to you by check within 15 days.

Again, we value you as a customer and believe the completion of this project at a final cost of $1690 is of signiicant value to you as it represents a savings of $1759 under normal curcumstances. Of course STS will maintain warranty coverage on all of our work for the next two years to offer further peace of mind and insure your complete satisfaction with your purchase.

You can e-sign the Project Completion and Release Agreement and we will forward your check. I will follow-up with the tracking number for the rifle and other parts in a subsequent email later today.

Kind Regards,

Brad Turner
President
Superior Tactical Solutions

Now at this point I am furious. He does not answer my emails or calls but sends me this. Here is the confidentiality agreement that I must sign in order to get my refund and equipment:

I, Brad Bleakney (customer), for and in consideration of the refund to me of $2255.00 (payment), return of M700 LRT Rifle complete with upgrades (Invoice# S-2652-13), and all parts provided to Superior Tactical Solutions (including Rock Creek Barrel), the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, do hereby release and forever discharge Superior Tactical Solutions, Inc., their agents, employees, successors and assigns, and their respective heirs, personal representatives, affiliates, successors and assigns, and any and all persons, firms or corporations liable or who might be claimed to be liable, whether or not herein named, none of whom admit any liability to the undersigned, but all expressly denying liability, from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action or suits of any kind or nature whatsoever, which I now have or may hereafter have, arising out of or in any way relating to any and all injuries and damages of any and every kind, to both person and property, and also any and all injuries and damages that may develop in the future, as a result of or in any way relating to the following:

- Delays associated with order for 300 Win Mag Defiance LRT Rifle Project (Invoice# S-2652-13)

- Delays and required changes of specifications for custom work on 300 Win Mag M700 LRT Rifle Project (Invoice# S-2652-13)

In compensation for the delays associated with the Defiance LRT Rifle Project (Invoice# S-2427-12 in the amount of $4180.00) ordered by customer, Superior Tactical Solutions agrees to allow for cancellation of order and give full credit from the deposit and moneys paid ($3945.00) toward work completed on and in association with the M700 LRT Rifle Package (Invoice# S-2652-13 in the amount of $4014.00) completed on the Remington 700 action supplied by customer for such custom work as ordered by customer. In addition, Superior Tactical Solutions agrees to give a discount on these services provided (Invoice# S-2652-13) in the amount of $1759 for full and complete compliance with the provisions set forth in this agreement.

It is understood and agreed that this payment is made and received in full and complete settlement and satisfaction of the aforesaid actions, causes of action, claims and demands; that this Release contains the entire agreement between the parties; and that the terms of this Agreement are contractual and not merely a recital. Furthermore, this Release shall be binding upon the undersigned, and his respective heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns. This Release shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky.

This release does not affect the Warranty offered by Superior Tactical Solutions on the M700 LRT Rifle Package (Invoice# S-2652-13) which will extend an additional twenty-four (24) months beyond the date of this release.

CONFIDENTIALITY. Both parties acknowledge that during the course of the transactions detailed in this Agreement, each may have obtained confidential information regarding the other party's business; including, but not limited to, information on delays, problems, or difficulties associated with the orders. Both parties agree to treat all such information and the terms of this Agreement as confidential and to take all reasonable precautions against disclosure of such information to unauthorized third parties during and after the term of this Agreement.

This Release has been read and fully understood by the undersigned and has been explained to me.

EXECUTED this ____ day of _________________, 20____.

Signed: __________________________________________

Print Name: Brad Bleakney

Below is the response that I sent:
Brad,
To begin with I am absolutely disgusted that you would forward this to me but not have the intestinal fortitude to answer my calls or my emails.
Time and time again over the past 11 months I have excepted your excuses. When you told me the action would fit when it wouldn't, when you sold me on the M24E3 when the prototype hadn't yet been developed, when the Remington didn't perform. I took you on your word over and over again.
When you couldn't deliver the Defiance and we discussed and decided that I would send you the Remington you told me that you would bring it to full LRT specs and charge $250 dollars. I told you that I wasn't trying to cut you off and agreed to pay $500 for the work. When it was delivered (late) it didn't perform to the standards that had been advertised. When I approached you with the results you stated to me that you wanted the rifle back. That you would install a Broughton barrel free of charge and you would have the rifle back to me in two weeks. I agreed and paid to have the rifle shipped to you.
Now 5 weeks after you received the rifle this is the notice that I get.
You have already agreed that you owed me $3210 if the Defiance was cancelled.
I paid to have the rifle shipped back to you because it failed to perform as stated. You didn't paid for that so why should I have to pay for the return shipping to me?

Why should I sign a confidentiality agreement, so you can screw over other customers?
You continue to ignore my emails and phone calls.
I will consider paying the amount that you requested, although it is a breech of our verbal and written agreement. I see no reason why I should sign a confidentiality agreement"

No response:
then this;
"Remove the confidentiality agreement and I will sign it.
When you sent me the 700 you asked me to do a write up on it, now that things haven't gone your way you want me to hide the truth."

No response:
Mr. Turner,
This is the only compromise that I am willing to make at this point.
You refund me the $3210 Minus the cost of the Broughton barrel for a total of $2,880 and I will sign the confidentiality agreement.
or
You remove the confidentiality agreement and I will concede to accept the offer of $2,255 however, I will be free to discuss all matters of our dealings to include all correspondence with the exception of the one detail about torqueing action screws that you did relay to me.
Being that you saw it upon yourself to try and strong arm me into signing by contacting my command I will be notifying the Legal Department, JAG and the Better Business Bureau that is responsible for Henderson County.
I hope that you and I can come to some sort of agreement before this escalates to something beyond our control.

Respectfully,
Brad Bleakney"

no response:
"My offer still stands. I will except the refund (however I require either USPS money order or electronic bank transfer). I will not sign any agreement that prohibits my right to discuss this build and the difficulties that I have experienced.
We can end this now, before more damage is done and more time is wasted."

no response:
"Mr. Turner,
Looking over the invoice the you prepared I have identified some discrepancies:
Understanding the first rifle did not perform to your accuracy guarantee it was sent back (at your request) to be re-barreled. Through our conversations and emails the original rifle with the Rock Creek barrel was guaranteed to perform to the specs of the LRT rifle.
You specifically stated to me that you would replace the Rock Creek free of charge and that you would keep the rock barrel to use on a .308 project.
According to this invoice you are charging me for the installation, threading and finishing of both barrel.
In addition you are charging me for shipping all three ways. Along with this you are charging me for overnight shipping because you failed to complete the build int he time required. I told you well in advance when I needed the rifle. You told me that it would completed and sent second day, which you failed to do. I remind you that I have multiple emails from you stating that if it had not been for your personal issues that my build would have been completed on time.
So in addition to trying to extort me for the return of the equipment which is mine, you running up charges to fraudulently collect more money from me.
So far I have found these errors:
I was not credited for the American Defense mount which I paid for $175
I was charged for overnight shipping because you failed to complete on tine $299
I was charged for the installation of the second barrel $250
I was charged for the threading of the second barrel $100
I was charged for finishing of the second barrel $100
I am being charged again to have the rifle shipped to me $100
I also note, that the Badger rail that was supplied to you was not returned
I also not that I properly mounted and zeroed the scope on the rifle. You stated to me that you did not properly mount because it is an individual preference. $50
these discrepancies total $1074
I fully intend to be charged for and pay for the Spuhr mount and the hydro-dipping of my chassis which you used on other rifles to promote your business
These other charges are bogus.

I was willing to work with you over the amount of the refund. However it now appears apparent that the invoice was fluffed with charges, charges that were not only covered with your word to me fix but charges that are also covered by your published guarantee.
Please be advised that certain legal actions have already been taken due to your failure and unwillingness to communicate with me.

Brad Bleakney"

no response:
"Mr. Turner,
For the final time I am offering to except a refund in the amount of $2255 (via electronic transfer or Postal money order) and the immediate return of all of my equipment. I once again must decline signing the confidentiality agreement. I will sign a project completion order, so long as the confidentiality disclaimer is removed.
If I do not have confirmation that my rifle has/is being shipping by 12:00pm Monday morning, January 14th 2013, I will report the rifle as stolen, under "theft by services", and "theft by conversation".

Brad Bleakney"

then finally I got this response last night:
"Mr. Bleakney,

You are wasting your time with these emails. Also, I suggest that you stop wasting your time threatening to contact (or contacting) law enforcement agencies. I am confident that as a member of the law enforcemnt community, you are fully aware of the fact that this is a Civil Law matter. Further attempts at threats and intimidation through referencing this as though it is a criminal matter will acheive nothing for you. Both we and our attorneys are well aware of both state and federal law on this matter.

Our proposed settlement offer as described in the Project Completion and Settlement Agreement is hereby null and void. We do not agree to cancel your first order nor to give any discounts on your second order. Your rifles and components will be held until satisfactory payment in full for parts, services, and all fees associated with this matter has been made. You will be notified via legal service as to the amount owed and neccessary steps in order to have your rifles (and accessories) released.

If you do not agree with our records that $3945 has been paid via your credit card, then we would ask that you provide the date and amount charged for each transaction. We will be happy to review this and compare with our records for the transcations.

Brad"

And that where I'm at now. I have submitted complaints with the Better Business Bureau, The KY State Attorney's Office and the District Attorney's Office.
Monday I will contact the ATF and Henderson Police department.
I also need to find a lawyer in KY that can assist me with this matter.

I apologize for the length of this but I did promise a story. I want people to know how this company treats people. Ultimately the decision is yours with who you trust but I personally can not recommend Superior Tactical Solutions or any dealings with Mr. Brad Turner.

Re: Isssues with Superior Tactical Solutions

Sounds to me that you kept being pushed to the back burner. I've had custom rifles built and I understand that they normally don't deliver on exactly the day they are hoping for, but they've always been close or I knew way ahead of time that there was an issue, and what we were going to do to fix it. First your original build couldn't be completed because of the action/chassis issue so they offered the M24 package and made it sound like they practically had one together already. Then they couldn't even get that together.

I don't know WTF that whole confidentially agreement is supposed to mean as only people who are hiding something want you to sign one of those after the fact.

This stuck out to me: "If you do not agree with our records that $3945 has been paid via your credit card, then we would ask that you provide the date and amount charged for each transaction. We will be happy to review this and compare with our records for the transactions."

You paid via credit card? Not sure what the time limitations are on a dispute, but that may be the easiest/cheapest route before getting a lawyer involved and tossing more money at it. They can't keep your rifle hostage; if a charge back works, you can request the rifle and your property. I'd contact the state's attorney or ATF about this as well and get clarification as to what would constitute a 3rd party as holding your property (especially a serialized action) hostage.

Good luck. I don't know why that guy didn't just say he screwed up and either take whatever money the parts/labor cost him out and refund you 100% of anything else due to the whole scenario and be done with it.

Good luck with it mate, you kept your cool a hell of a lot longer than i would have.

I also agree with TheGerman...confidentiality agreements are for people that know they fucked up.

That's rough. Another thing I noticed in your "bogus charges" email, you didn't take into account that he kept your Rock barrel.

That also bothers me as that barrel seems to be the reason for all of his problems yet he's willing to use it on another 308 build? Doesn't pass the sniff test with me.

I just spent the last hour looking at all this and also the other threads from various forums - ouch. All I hope is others that do research on getting a build completed don't take this guy into consideration.

Strike33, I am sorry this happened to you. The starting of a new build is always exciting and then it turns into this - a mess.

All I can say is I hope the ATF or legal can solve your issues but I afraid that you may be out some of your money, but I am sure you will get your equipment back with a little effort. I know it is easy to say just get your money and move on but you seem at a stuck point now and you have to spend money to get your other funds back.

I have come to the conclusion that I only use Sniper's Hide Gunsmiths now, as in the the gunsmiths that frequent this site, as I have seen their work and they are all top notch. I am sure you know this already, but this thread serves as warning to others to do your research and find the good gunsmiths that not only do a great job but their customer service is top notch too.

I thought that too about the rock barrel. This made me sick to read. And I read it all on my phone.

I hope everything works out for you tomorrow! Sounds like the Henderson community knows about his shady dealings already to me.

I can definitely say we all here are rooting for you.

Reactions: Cjt1983

You have laid out in great detail your transactions with STS and I wish you good luck with this.
You have been more forgiving in this matter than I would have been.
Thanks for bringing to light the poor customer service of this company
so others can avoid the same treatment.
If you get an attorney involved, make sure you go after the attorney fees as well.
Please continue to update this thread going forward.

Gents,
Thanks for the support.
As far as the Rock Barrel is concerned, he initially said that he would keep it and put the Broughton on for free. The when I received the Release Agreement he stated that it would be return with the rest of my equipment. My intent was to send it Back to Rock to have it checked out. I didn't want it back, just some piece of mind as to whether is was lying about the barrel.
Thanks again HIDE

Good luck with resolving things. I commend you on keeping your cool.

I went through a similar issue with a build. Started in Aug of 2009 and I received a box of parts in Dec 2010. Initial timeline was a completion date of 12/31/09. They met the original date but, they shipped me a rifle with no trigger, an incorrect chamber and the barrel was shorter than we agreed upon on the invoice.

Everything was paid for up front. I contacted the credit card company and even though the charges were over a year old, they credited my account for the barrel, barrel work and the missing trigger. This was all possible since I had pages of emails between us with time lines and agreements.

The parts are yours. He can't keep them. Contact your credit card company and proceed that way for the finances.

Just because a smith is on the hide does not guarantee that you are going to get the results you desire in a timeline that you have agreed upon. Some smiths promise more than they can deliver. They use short delivery times to get your work in the door but, they oversell and totally miss their deadlines. I recommend using a smith that is within a couple hour drive to you so if these types of issues crop up, you can pay them a visit.

Good luck!

The more I think about this, the more I'm saddened. I'm at the point where I'm beyond anger.
I just can't comprehend why this guy is treating me in this manner.
I believe that I gave him ample time and ample opportunity to correct the issues and deliver as promised.
And still he feels the the need to shit all over me.
Like many of you here I serve my country. I serve because, despite recent events, I'm proud of the foundation on which this country stands upon. I have gladly sacrificed over the last 14 years and will continue to do so. It's heart breaking that while myself and all my brothers and sisters in arms risk it all, there are predators back here on the home front feel that it is their right to steal and taken advantage of not only our troops but the honest citizens of this great nation.
This man is not the type of person that I would stand and fight for, not the type of person that I would leave my family behind for some foreign land, not the type of selfish pompous ass that I would lay my life down for, in order for him to live free and continue to destroy the things in which I believe.

Thanks for putting up with the rant

We didn't have a choice but to put up with it.

How is posting those exchanges helpful?

After what this gentleman has gone thru on this build,you expect him not to vent alittle bit?

I am going to speak as someone who has one of Mr. Turner's rifles. I ordered the STS .300WM in 2010 and did so having read some of the negative things about his business practices. I spoke to Brad prior to ordering and he resolved my concerns. Long story short I received my rifle pretty much on time and to date it is the most accurate rifle I have ever fired or seen. It shoots as well or better than the GA Precision or Surgeon rifles that I have shot next to on more than one occassion. It shoots as well as my competition .260 and that is a sub 1/4" rifle.

Having said that...I was so happy with my .300WM that I sent my Sako TRG42 in .338 to STS to have a Broughton barrel installed. I don't remember the quoted time for completion but it came and went and after about 4 months Brad agreed to send me my rifle back as he received it. I was out some shipping but overall it was not a horrible experience.

I am now working at a rifle shop and as of yesterday Broughton is at least 4 months out on barrel deliveries. While I can't fault Brad for not getting my .338 done on time I will say that having dealt with STS on two occassions, I get the impression that what you have is a really talented gun smith who isn't a great business man. It looks like that at least initially both you and he tried to be fair with one another and things at some point ran off the track. Is he an out and out thief? Here is what I suspect happens with many small rifle shops. Without really intending to, the owner's end up putting themselves into a Ponzi scheme. You send them $3500 depsosit for a rifle to be built. They spend the money on this month's bills and use the next guy's deposit to order your parts. When you ask for your money back, well that money is long gone. It hasn't been sitting in escrow, it has already been spent. The only way for the gunsmith to return your money would be to use some other customer's "new" deposit and then of course he has no money to order that guy's parts. So when a situation like the one above occurs the builder's only way out is to get you to see the project to completion assuming he has new money coming in to complete your project. This scenario is just a guess but it is an educated guess. The guys I work with are very, very well funded so our shop doesn't have these issues but I know of several very talented one man shop's that are run this way. It works and they build good rifles but financially they are always living on the edge and when something like the situation above occurs they are not able to buy there way out by returning the customer's money.

Now that I work at a custom rifle shop I do want to offer some suggestions to those considering a custom build and these have nothing to do with the OP's situation.
1. Make a plan and stick with it. Don't change the order and especially don't change major components after you have placed the order.
2. Ask for references to other customers who can confirm the ability of your shop to deliver the rifle more or less on time.
3. If you or the rifle shop don't have all the components in hand to build the complete rifle, the delivery estimate is meaningless. Broughton may tell me 4 months to get a barrel and I can tell you that but in reality it could be 12 months and neither I or you have control over that. Try to use parts currently in stock to build your rifle.
4. Select parts that are tried, true and generally available. Having the "latest and greatest" chassis, action, or barrel sounds good until you start having issues with them. Issues the builder himself may have no experience with and so now delays are occuring that neither he nor you anticpated.
5. Leave the builder alone as much as possible. Every minute he is on the phone or answering emails, he is not building rifles.
6. Never give the builder more than 50% as a deposit. That will cover most of his parts costs and leave you with less financial exposure should a problem occur.
7. If the build is more than 2 weeks over the completion estimate, ask for a firm new estimate and get that in writing. If the builder can't meet that date then be prepared to walk away. Get all promised dates and specifications in writing as much as possible. If for instance the builder says he is waiting for Broughton to send him your barrel, ask if he minds if you call Broughton and verify that. Now you know nothing shady is going on, he is just at the mercy of the barrel mfg.
8. Use the builder's knowledge to help you get a rifle you will be happy with. Most of these builders who offer complete "package" rifles use the components they use for a reason. I bought the STS packaged .300WM with only two changes, I had the barrel fluted and threaded. I am a competition shooter and have the opportunity to shoot alot of really nice rifles but my STS .300WM is honestly my favorite.

My point here is not to defend STS but to suggest that when you start planning a custom rifle build, contact Surgeon, or GA Precision or whomever with the attitude that they know more about what you need than you do. Tell them what you need the rifle to do, how it will be used, where it will be used, and the skill level of the person who will be using it. Let them make suggestions on which caliber, chassis, barrel length/diameter, and trigger whould be best for your intended use. I know alot of the folks who work at the top rifle shops in the country and most of these folks don't just build, they shoot and shoot very well. Let them use their experience to help you get what you need and not what you think you need based on someone's really cool looking website or a magazine article you read somewhere.

MOST IMPORTANT, don't let threads like this sway you from going down the road of a high end custom rifle. I own two and they are beyond a pleasure to shoot. They have allowed me to take my skills to level not possible with a less accurate firearm. Once you get a rifle built for you, I mean truly for you, it becomes like an extension of you and it takes the joy of long range shooting to a level you didn't previously know existed!

OP, I sincerely hope for both your and Brad's sake this situation can be resolved. He obviously has some business practice issues to say the least. I hope you won't let this experience deter you from finding another builder and pursuing your dream of owning a custom rifle. GA or Surgeon are safe choices and a wealth of knowledge exists at either shop. Good luck.

Man your situation is really unfortunate. Hopefully everything gets ironed out and you're happy in the end. I've had Superior Tactical Solutions build me 3 rifles and my personal experience has been pretty good. I have had some time line issues but I think it's to be expected with some of these custom builds. On the positive side Brad has worked with me and bent over backwards when I changed a build/components.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TxShooter63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to speak as someone who has one of Mr. Turner's rifles. I ordered the STS .300WM in 2010 and did so having read some of the negative things about his business practices. I spoke to Brad prior to ordering and he resolved my concerns. Long story short I received my rifle pretty much on time and to date it is the most accurate rifle I have ever fired or seen. It shoots as well or better than the GA Precision or Surgeon rifles that I have shot next to on more than one occassion. It shoots as well as my competition .260 and that is a sub 1/4" rifle.

Having said that...I was so happy with my .300WM that I sent my Sako TRG42 in .338 to STS to have a Broughton barrel installed. I don't remember the quoted time for completion but it came and went and after about 4 months Brad agreed to send me my rifle back as he received it. I was out some shipping but overall it was not a horrible experience.

I am now working at a rifle shop and as of yesterday Broughton is at least 4 months out on barrel deliveries. While I can't fault Brad for not getting my .338 done on time I will say that having dealt with STS on two occassions, I get the impression that what you have is a really talented gun smith who isn't a great business man. It looks like that at least initially both you and he tried to be fair with one another and things at some point ran off the track. Is he an out and out thief? Here is what I suspect happens with many small rifle shops. Without really intending to, the owner's end up putting themselves into a Ponzi scheme. You send them $3500 depsosit for a rifle to be built. They spend the money on this month's bills and use the next guy's deposit to order your parts. When you ask for your money back, well that money is long gone. It hasn't been sitting in escrow, it has already been spent. The only way for the gunsmith to return your money would be to use some other customer's "new" deposit and then of course he has no money to order that guy's parts. So when a situation like the one above occurs the builder's only way out is to get you to see the project to completion assuming he has new money coming in to complete your project. This scenario is just a guess but it is an educated guess. The guys I work with are very, very well funded so our shop doesn't have these issues but I know of several very talented one man shop's that are run this way. It works and they build good rifles but financially they are always living on the edge and when something like the situation above occurs they are not able to buy there way out by returning the customer's money.

Now that I work at a custom rifle shop I do want to offer some suggestions to those considering a custom build and these have nothing to do with the OP's situation.
1. Make a plan and stick with it. Don't change the order and especially don't change major components after you have placed the order.
2. Ask for references to other customers who can confirm the ability of your shop to deliver the rifle more or less on time.
3. If you or the rifle shop don't have all the components in hand to build the complete rifle, the delivery estimate is meaningless. Broughton may tell me 4 months to get a barrel and I can tell you that but in reality it could be 12 months and neither I or you have control over that. Try to use parts currently in stock to build your rifle.
4. Select parts that are tried, true and generally available. Having the "latest and greatest" chassis, action, or barrel sounds good until you start having issues with them. Issues the builder himself may have no experience with and so now delays are occuring that neither he nor you anticpated.
5. Leave the builder alone as much as possible. Every minute he is on the phone or answering emails, he is not building rifles.
6. Never give the builder more than 50% as a deposit. That will cover most of his parts costs and leave you with less financial exposure should a problem occur.
7. If the build is more than 2 weeks over the completion estimate, ask for a firm new estimate and get that in writing. If the builder can't meet that date then be prepared to walk away. Get all promised dates and specifications in writing as much as possible. If for instance the builder says he is waiting for Broughton to send him your barrel, ask if he minds if you call Broughton and verify that. Now you know nothing shady is going on, he is just at the mercy of the barrel mfg.
8. Use the builder's knowledge to help you get a rifle you will be happy with. Most of these builders who offer complete "package" rifles use the components they use for a reason. I bought the STS packaged .300WM with only two changes, I had the barrel fluted and threaded. I am a competition shooter and have the opportunity to shoot alot of really nice rifles but my STS .300WM is honestly my favorite.

My point here is not to defend STS but to suggest that when you start planning a custom rifle build, contact Surgeon, or GA Precision or whomever with the attitude that they know more about what you need than you do. Tell them what you need the rifle to do, how it will be used, where it will be used, and the skill level of the person who will be using it. Let them make suggestions on which caliber, chassis, barrel length/diameter, and trigger whould be best for your intended use. I know alot of the folks who work at the top rifle shops in the country and most of these folks don't just build, they shoot and shoot very well. Let them use their experience to help you get what you need and not what you think you need based on someone's really cool looking website or a magazine article you read somewhere.

MOST IMPORTANT, don't let threads like this sway you from going down the road of a high end custom rifle. I own two and they are beyond a pleasure to shoot. They have allowed me to take my skills to level not possible with a less accurate firearm. Once you get a rifle built for you, I mean truly for you, it becomes like an extension of you and it takes the joy of long range shooting to a level you didn't previously know existed!

OP, I sincerely hope for both your and Brad's sake this situation can be resolved. He obviously has some business practice issues to say the least. I hope you won't let this experience deter you from finding another builder and pursuing your dream of owning a custom rifle. GA or Surgeon are safe choices and a wealth of knowledge exists at either shop. Good luck. </div></div>
Sir,
The timeline was not the real issue here, as I gave Superior Tactical Solutions ample time past the quoted completion date. The one rifle he did complete failed to perform and on his word that he would fix the issue free of charge under the published guarantee I sent it back.
I gave Mr. Turner several months notice that if the build could be completed that I would have to cancel. Time and time again he said it would be done "by next week" or "the end of next month".
We had an agreement concerning both the cancellation of the first build and the repair or the second.
Mr. Turner failed to live up to his word and then try to extort my silence on the issue using my own money and own equipment. I did believe that Brad Turner was a standup individual, we had many conversations and I continued to stick it out with him. I gave him the chances to correct problems. I gave him the compassion when his personal matters interfered.
In the end, he could not grant me the courtesy of being an honest man and living up to both his word and written agreements.
That is the foundation of my concern.
Things happen, parts get delayed...but be a man, stand by your word

To clarify..this issue has not swayed me from custom rifles.
I currently have a rifle at Phoenix Custom Rifles and have been treated quite well.
I have had long conversation with Mike at Tac Ops and Mr. Roscoe at Louisiana Precision as well as Mr. Gradous. These shops and the employees that I have spoken with have been real gentlemen. And If can ever dig myself out of this financial whole, I will continue my dream of a full custom rifle.
My point is not to scare people away from the sport, its to warn people and tell my experience so that they have some honest information.
If I ever receive the rifle I will review it fairly. If it shoots and shoots as advertised then that's how I will describe, but to this point I can only comment on the service. Other than the first rifle had to be sent back.
Thank you

Please don't take my post as a defense of STS and what has happened to you. At any point in the program a buyer should be able to get his deposit back if the builder can not deliver on time or within specification. Unfortunately many of these smaller shops don't manage their finances well and have a tough time returning customer's money. It is a shame that some very talented builders put themselves into these types of situations.

Thanks, and I understand your point of view.
I would have been willing to work with Brad over the deposit as we had done it the past. But to make the refund conditional on me not telling people about the experience, is frankly, piss poor ethics.
As I have recommended Superior Tactical Solutions to others members here in the past, I could not live with the thought that on my recommendation, they get screwed in the manner that I have.
I appreciate all comments, from both sides of the debate. If I'm in the wrong, then I'm in the wrong.

As a KY resident I hate to hear this about a company based here. I wish I could help out and find out what this guy is up to. Let me know if you need any help.

Reactions: JeffLebowski

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a KY resident I hate to hear this about a company based here. I wish I could help out and find out what this guy is up to. Let me know if you need any help. </div></div>

If you happen to know an attorney, that would certainly help. trying to pick off of a webpage isn't going so well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a KY resident I hate to hear this about a company based here. I wish I could help out and find out what this guy is up to. Let me know if you need any help. </div></div>

If you happen to know an attorney, that would certainly help. trying to pick off of a webpage isn't going so well

I get it. No need to post it 5 times!

Let me get some recommendations together.

I went through this once on a Bronco restoration. Horrible. The run around is the worst part of it.

Sorry to hear about your experience, good luck on your next project.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get it. No need to post it 5 times!

Let me get some recommendations together. </div></div>

My Iphone was doing that to me a few weeks ago, put 1 post in and it shits out 5...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We didn't have a choice but to put up with it.

How is posting those exchanges helpful?</div></div>

I was actually looking at them for a build...So, I'm very happy this was posted.

If they're going to treat a member of the Military like that...What kind of service do you think a civilian is to expect? Just sayin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Masked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get it. No need to post it 5 times!

Let me get some recommendations together. </div></div>

My Iphone was doing that to me a few weeks ago, put 1 post in and it shits out 5...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We didn't have a choice but to put up with it.

How is posting those exchanges helpful?</div></div>

I was actually looking at them for a build...So, I'm very happy this was posted.

If they're going to treat a member of the Military like that...What kind of service do you think a civilian is to expect? Just sayin.</div></div>

This is exactly why I posted this. no business, at least none that I have seen post bad reviews on their websites.
Like, I mentioned STS may in fact build one of the most accurate rifles out there but my experience has proved to me that 1. the rifle I did get did not perform and 2. the ethics and overall customer service leave much to be desired.

he tried the same shit to a friend of mine, he finally got his rifle and its a shooter, but he had to threaten him to get it done! He also tried to get my friend to pay in full before it was done and 3 months past completion date.

he tried the same shit to a friend of mine, he finally got his rifle and its a shooter, but he had to threaten him to get it done! He also tried to get my friend to pay in full before it was done and 3 months past completion date.

People need to stop posting from their phones haha

I hope everything turns out ok for you.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kylongshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he tried the same shit to a friend of mine, he finally got his rifle and its a shooter, but he had to threaten him to get it done! He also tried to get my friend to pay in full before it was done and 3 months past completion date.</div></div>

I wish I was so Lucky. After offering to take the hit on the refund he declined and now refuses to send me my equipment or issue me a refund,
The DA, Attorney General and BBB have it now. I'm tried to be reasonable no no avail.
It's good to hear that at least your friend's rifle shoots

Brad at STS built one of the rifles used by my department. Brad had a bid to build another, but after he was overly late on the timeline he set for the first rifle. The other rifle was not sent to him because it would have been out of service for to long.

A friend on the department sent all the parts but a barrel to STS for a build and paid up front. Four months after the completion date and about fifty phone calls no rifle. Brad would not return calls and it was about to the point of calling the local police department to see if he was still alive. Brad told him several times his kids were sick and several other issues had come up. This would have been fine if he wasn't four months behind and still no closer to getting the rifle done. The rifle showed up after Brad was told that my friend was going to drive to his place and pick up his parts.

STS did good work on both rifles I have seen in person. Brad/STS just has some serious issues with getting work done in a timely manner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pierce195</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad at STS built one of the rifles used by my department. Brad had a bid to build another, but after he was overly late on the timeline he set for the first rifle. The other rifle was not sent to him because it would have been out of service for to long.

A friend on the department sent all the parts but a barrel to STS for a build and paid up front. Four months after the completion date and about fifty phone calls no rifle. Brad would not return calls and it was about to the point of calling the local police department to see if he was still alive. Brad told him several times his kids were sick and several other issues had come up. This would have been fine if he wasn't four months behind and still no closer to getting the rifle done. The rifle showed up after Brad was told that my friend was going to drive to his place and pick up his parts.

STS did good work on both rifles I have seen in person. Brad/STS just has some serious issues with getting work done in a timely manner. </div></div>

That's the same excuse I got "my kids have been sick" I like a sucker cut him some slack. I believe that family comes first but at some point I as a customer, should no longer have to suffer because of personal issues.
On the other side, he as given less than 2 shits about the issues I am going through and extra stress this put son me and my family.

I really do hope that others can be vastly more informed with this info. Not like any business publishes bad reviews on their webpages

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strike33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pierce195</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad at STS built one of the rifles used by my department. Brad had a bid to build another, but after he was overly late on the timeline he set for the first rifle. The other rifle was not sent to him because it would have been out of service for to long.

STS did good work on both rifles I have seen in person. Brad/STS just has some serious issues with getting work done in a timely manner. </div></div>

That's the same excuse I got "my kids have been sick" I like a sucker cut him some slack. I believe that family comes first but at some point I as a customer, should no longer have to suffer because of personal issues.
On the other side, he as given less than 2 shits about the issues I am going through and extra stress this put son me and my family.

I really do hope that others can be vastly more informed with this info. Not like any business publishes bad reviews on their webpages </div></div>

I know this stuck me when I read your post. I would never want anyones kids to be ill, but I hope this isn't the excuse he has been using when he doesn't get his work done on time. If so, I think that is very sad.

First off, I am VERY sorry for the OP, as I have been taken for a ride by this jackwagon myself. I live about 40 minutes from STS and have spent ALOT of hours there, so I know what goes on behind the scenes. I know alot of the serious shooters and they ALL have been or almost fucked over by this guy. Whats really sad is Brad is CAPABLE of good work. His work ethic is the worst I have seen but his BS is the best!!! Alot of his work is not even done by him IE his camo dipped items are/was done by midwest hydro graphics (owner is a good friend and used to be on my hunting lease) and his bolt fluting and engraving was done by another good friend whom I wont mention as he has a very reputable business and does NOT want his name associated with Brad Turner and STS.
I can give ALOT of examples of jacked up work but the best thing I can tell someone wanting to spend their hard earned money is to go ANYWHERE else!!

First off, I am VERY sorry for the OP, as I have been taken for a ride by this jackwagon myself. I live about 40 minutes from STS and have spent ALOT of hours there, so I know what goes on behind the scenes. I know alot of the serious shooters and they ALL have been or almost fucked over by this guy. Whats really sad is Brad is CAPABLE of good work. His work ethic is the worst I have seen but his BS is the best!!! Alot of his work is not even done by him IE his camo dipped items are/was done by midwest hydro graphics (owner is a good friend and used to be on my hunting lease) and his bolt fluting and engraving was done by another good friend whom I wont mention as he has a very reputable business and does NOT want his name associated with Brad Turner and STS.
I can give ALOT of examples of jacked up work but the best thing I can tell someone wanting to spend their hard earned money is to go ANYWHERE else!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UncutTeeth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh my god stop posting from phones. </div></div> No phone here. Server is jacked!

This crap breaks my heart. I have had numerous custom builds, and have had problems with most of them, as to be expected. But I have never been treated like you are being treated by any of them. Sounds like you were the only one going the extra mile to be professional about the situation. I like how he charged you out the ass in the end simply because he thinks he can! And I especially like how he feels that he can breach the contract at will, I can promise you that a civil court will not feel the same. I hope everything works out as best it can for you at this point, but one thing I know for sure is "what the hell good is a rifle that shoots lights out, when you don't have the rifle?"

Although it further digusts me to hear that this is a habit, if not a regular practice of STS, knowing that there are others who have gone through this and have in the end received either their money or thier rifles does give me some hope.
With as samll as this community is, I believe that there is no place for business to take advantage of customers. Most of these projects, at least the first tme project are built of faith and trust in one another to deliver and to pay as agreed.
Have to take4 things to law enforcement or litigation to get your "stuff" back is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again for the support and guidance, from both sides. It has certainly been enlightening