• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Isssues with Superior Tactical Solutions

Re: Isssues with Superior Tactical Solutions

You may want to get written statements from some of these other STS customers to submit to the people pursuing this so they know this is an ongoing problem. Maybe it will move you up the priority ladder a little.

Hopefully I will get some sort of answer soon. I got ahold of an attorney who will be contacting STS. I offered a settlement that I believe was quite fair. As I have not heard back from STS I will contacting the ATF today. The only agency/office I have not received a response from is the State Attorney Gernersl's office. I will be moving to VA (got out of Ft. HOOD) if there is anyone in the area thst would like to do a fair and objective review once I get the rifle back, let me know

Good luck with this nightmare and keep us posted.

Regards,
Paul

I considered STS at one point back in the day. Thank God i found a few folks who had similiar type results and steered clear. I'm sorry for the misfortune you've had strike.

No one deserves to put up with crap like that, especially when spending thousands of dollars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We didn't have a choice but to put up with it.

<span style="color: #990000">How is posting those exchanges helpful?</span> </div></div>

What do you mean by these statements?

Any new info on this bullsh*t?

In for updates, hope you get it sorted buddy
frown.gif

looks like this whole ordeal is headed for a civil suit. Due to the amount I can't take it to small claims, it has to go to the circuit courts. This should be tons of fun

Do you still need a great attorney? Shoot me a PM.

Well after receiving a copy of the release agreement from his attorney I signed and returned. He then requested an FFL which was sent after having to pay the transfer fee. When I contacted his attorney to find the status I was told that Brad was upset over this post and is once again refusing to return my equipment and that his attorney would no longer handle the matter. He also told the BBB that I still owed him over
$5, 000. That would make this $10, 000
Barrel job! Now there's a new attorney representing STS and we continue to go round and round. This quickly became the worst and most regrettable experience of my life.

This is insane. I hope that you get this resolved soon and in your favor. His other attorney must have left feeling that there was no way to represent this lunatic and his ego.

insanity seems to be just the beginning. There are some absolute profession shops, gunsmiths and gentlemen that I have encountered thanks to this hobby, I can say with absolute certainty that this man and his business is not one of them

Is he denying that his work was as sorry as laid out in that video? Yes, I've read the whole thread. I just can't believe this guy isn't just washing his h hands of this, giving you your rifle back, and sweeping this under the rug

I don't understand it myself. I've done everything I can to resolve this, even agreeing to a refund that was less than we had initially agreed. Seems like there is just no reasoning or pleasing this guy. I just want the equipment back, if we need to haggle over the refund so be it.. but that equipment belongs to me not him, Although that didn't stop him from taking my chassis and mounting other barreled actions it to advertise.

Is he denying that his work was as sorry as laid out in that video? Yes, I've read the whole thread. I just can't believe this guy isn't just washing his h hands of this, giving you your rifle back, and sweeping this under the rug

Wait, there is a video of this trainwreck?

I don't understand it myself. I've done everything I can to resolve this, even agreeing to a refund that was less than we had initially agreed. Seems like there is just no reasoning or pleasing this guy. I just want the equipment back, if we need to haggle over the refund so be it.. but that equipment belongs to me not him, Although that didn't stop him from taking my chassis and mounting other barreled actions it to advertise.

I own a computer business and once had to file a cease & desist along with filing theft charges against a company for essentially, holding onto my server for 2-3 months past "firing" them.

I'd strong suggest you and your lawyer look into that on the grounds that he has now essentially, stolen your property.

This is why you ALWAYS keep receipts.

Quite frankly, at this point, I'd walk over to the PD, file a stolen property case, since it's over a certain amount...I think he'll get the message.

He's clearly lying to the BBB and is dicking you around so, frankly, it's time to take it to the next level.

I'm disgusted this person even owns a business...Personally.

If I could just walk over there this would have been over a long time ago. I'm currently stationed in Miami and am PCSing next week to VA. Being out of state causes quite a few complications. At first I was willing to compromise to resolve thus but he has made several comments un regards to my military service and integrity that I take very personally. Honestly, I want ti do everything legally available to ensure he can't continue operating like this. I have tried to remain professional and not make any personal attacks but after he called me chain of command to pressure them to make me sign and then his comnents to the BBB am done compromising. Ill keep the thread updated.

If I could just walk over there this would have been over a long time ago. I'm currently stationed in Miami and am PCSing next week to VA. Being out of state causes quite a few complications. At first I was willing to compromise to resolve thus but he has made several comments un regards to my military service and integrity that I take very personally. Honestly, I want ti do everything legally available to ensure he can't continue operating like this. I have tried to remain professional and not make any personal attacks but after he called me chain of command to pressure them to make me sign and then his comnents to the BBB am done compromising. Ill keep the thread updated.

You don't have to be in state to file a police report.

You walk over to your PD, provide evidence of the situation (In your case, every single email/text/etc) and they call HIS local PD.

That's the route I'd ultimately take because he's not only harassed you but, is holding your property hostage.

Case in point, my server was hosted in Rochester -- I live in CT -- Went to my local PD and only after, the lawyers got involved...Filing theft charges got my point across rather quickly.

I waited too long to file a report here in Miami, when I get to Belvoir I'll file there. I've already retained an attorney in Henderson to file there. Thanks for the input

There was a video showing the shotty work. Maybe it was pulled. But i saw it. My grandma could have done a better job, and she's dead!

Last edited:
Hmmm. Maybe I'm thinking of another hide member. Go to YouTube and search "tactical rifles.net", important that you put a space between tactical and rifles. First result will be "tactical rifles.net: bad out of the box". Now that guy got hosed!

Looks like the BBB has taken this as far as it can go. I don't know about anyone else here, but I've never seen any smith charge over $4,000 to true and barrel a Rem 700.
STS has claimed that I owe them over $5,000 in addition to the $3,945 that I have already paid.
So far this is the work that was done:
Multicam dip Cadex Strike33 chassis. True Remington 700 LA (although this action was previously trued), install Badger bolt knob; thread, chamber and install customer supplied Rock Creek Barrel; thread for suppressor and install customer supplied PWS brake; finish barreled action in black Cerakote; supply Sphur scope mount.
That is what was completed and delivered. This rifle failed to perform to the accuracy guarantee outlined by STS. It is of note that the rifle was never test fired for function, safety or accuracy before being shipped by STS.
The rifle was returned to STS and a new Broughton barrel was, threaded, chamber and installed to include being threaded for a brake and the brake installed.
STS is charging me for labor for the second barrel install even though we agreed that it would be done free of charge due to not meeting the accuracy guarantee. Although we agreed that the broughton would be supplied free of charge I agreed to pay for the barrel.

So that's the latest and greatest. Now I'm just waiting for the courts. I did the math the other day...over $13,500 worth of cash and equipment tied up in this and other than sleepless nights I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Last edited:
I don't understand how this guy isn't in jail right now? This is beyond a "civil" matter IMO. It's downright criminal. Strike, i feel horrible for your troubles. I pray that you get every cent and equipment returned ASAP. Nobody deserves this crap, especially our veterans.

Looks like the BBB has taken this as far as it can go. I don't know about anyone else here, but I've never seen any smith charge over $4,000 to true and barrel a Rem 700.
STS has claimed that I owe them over $5,000 in addition to the $3,945 that I have already paid.
So far this is the work that was done:
Multicam dip Cadex Strike33 chassis. True Remington 700 LA (although this action was previously trued), install Badger bolt knob; thread, chamber and install customer supplied Rock Creek Barrel; thread for suppressor and install customer supplied PWS brake; finish barreled action in black Cerakote; supply Sphur scope mount.
That is what was completed and delivered. This rifle failed to perform to the accuracy guarantee outlined by STS. It is of note that the rifle was never test fired for function, safety or accuracy before being shipped by STS.
The rifle was returned to STS and a new Broughton barrel was, threaded, chamber and installed to include being threaded for a brake and the brake installed.
STS is charging me for labor for the second barrel install even though we agreed that it would be done free of charge due to not meeting the accuracy guarantee. Although we agreed that the broughton would be supplied free of charge I agreed to pay for the barrel.

So that's the latest and greatest. Now I'm just waiting for the courts. I did the math the other day...over $13,500 worth of cash and equipment tied up in this and other than sleepless nights I have absolutely nothing to show for it.
You said something to us about the statute of limitations so, I asked my lawyer about it.

I don't know what your lawyer told you but, you were having work done on a rifle that took x amount of time. Your limitation did not start at the beginning of that cycle, your limitation begins at the day he refused to make you whole.

Once again and this is hear-say, I'd walk straight over to your local PD, file a stolen item report, give them every bit of evidence and take it up that way.

At this point, he's holding your goods hostage for a fraudulent amount of money that you've already paid. That's fraud + larceny.

I hate to say it but, this isn't a civil dispute...He's stolen your property and is refusing to do work that he swore to do.

Outside of this forum, I've heard some horror stories about this guy...I'd strongly urge, if they'll allow you, to file a police report and get some justice for the long list of people he's fucked over.

When the attorney from KY gets in touch with me, I am going to inquire about criminal fraud and larceny charges. Doing this whole thing from out of state is extremely frustrating plus I'm in the middle of a PCS move. Buyer Beware I guess. Thankfully the gentlemen at PCR, Mr. Gradous and of course Chris Drake have helped me keep my sanity. PCR is working on another rifle and Mr. Gradous and Chris have given solid support and advise. It is all greatly appreciated

Masked..thanks again for the advice. I move to VA next week and will be filing a police report with them. The local cops here in Miami are fairly useless when it comes to these types of matters. I've very much contemplated on swinging through KY on my way to VA, but I don't want to instigate anything further. I was in hurry to get this whole thing done with, but now I'm not going to give him the chance to either continue to screw me over or even worse in my eyes, allow him to do this to others. I feel quite guilty for recommending STS to other members in the past and will do all that I can to get the word out about how I have been treated and the level of professionalism displayed by STS.
Thanks again

Masked..thanks again for the advice. I move to VA next week and will be filing a police report with them. The local cops here in Miami are fairly useless when it comes to these types of matters. I've very much contemplated on swinging through KY on my way to VA, but I don't want to instigate anything further. I was in hurry to get this whole thing done with, but now I'm not going to give him the chance to either continue to screw me over or even worse in my eyes, allow him to do this to others. I feel quite guilty for recommending STS to other members in the past and will do all that I can to get the word out about how I have been treated and the level of professionalism displayed by STS.
Thanks again

It's all good brother ~ You saved me from making the same mistake.

I was ready to do almost the same build you were and I couldn't be more thankful.

Like I said, since this thread started, I've asked around and this guy is not only hit or miss but, when he fails, you get hit, hard.

I said this earlier, you're in the military...If he's willing to treat you like he has...I'd hate to see how hard he screws over a civilian.

I've been through the process once or twice with servers and having to fight out of state battles for them so, I feel you, 100%...I also know that you WANT it to end peacefully but, the unfortunate truth is that it never does; which is something you're discovering, now. It sucks, it really does but, sometimes, you have to take the gloves off to get these things straightened out, fairly.

Well, I'm glad that I could give some insight and possibly save you from a similar disaster. This is exactly why I didn't agree to the confidentiality agreement.
One build saved!
I've heard from some officers who have had similar results with their department's rifles, that is by far the worst. Those men and woman depend on that equipment in live or die situations. If they can't get their equipment from STS I guess my personal rifle didn't stand a chance.

If I hadn't take the bait on a short delivery time, I would be getting ready to receive a TacOps 66 of much better quality. And Mike was awesome to talk to. That's where everything went wrong... OP is a dumbass

Maybe try this. Delete all your negative posts here and ask the moderator to delete the entire thread. Then send an email/phone call etc to STS. Eat a litle crow, apologize for trying to e-lynch him... tell him you deleted all the posts...and make a final effort to resolve this. You have nothing to lose.

You have nothing to lose.
Except face, self respect, and a helpful shoal marker that hopefully warns some unsuspecting person of the potential risks involved in doing business with them. The guy that screwed him over deserves every bit of this. In fact, STS should be the one making the overtures, not the OP. Too many people on this forum apologize for the shit some of the firearms business pull on their customers (let me be clear, I'm not saying that you, Scout, are specifically apologizing for what STS did to the OP). I won't take it and neither should the OP or anyone else.

Last edited:
The Commander gets it.
I have already bowed out and done everything asked. STS will not return any of correspondence or accept my phone calls. I agreed to the refund amount, which was nearly $1,000 less than what was agreed upon. I only started this thread after STS revoked their release agreement and stated that they would be keeping my equipment indefinitely. After receiving the release agreement for the second time through an attorney I agreed to not discuss the issue any further. I only posted again after STS refused AGAIN to return my equipment after the contract was signed and the transfer was paid for.
I honestly believe that I have been fair and given STS every opportunity to make things right.
After the first rifle failed to perform I gave Mr. Turner the courtesy of fixing the issue before posting about, even though he requested that I do a write on the rifle on this forum. I have openly offered a third party to review the work by STS to help separate the customer service issue from the quality of work. I haven't personally attacked anyone here, I've just quoted the issue directly from emails.
My intent with the post is to offer information, the decision to do business with STS is solely on the reader. No business displays or advertises bad reviews, especially about customer service so this is the way to get the experiences out, along with a formal complaint with the BB.
I welcome all comments and criticism no matter what side of the issue someone is on. Most people, even those that have had serious issues with STS have stated that the work is top notch and the rifles are superbly accurate, I hope that is the case. As far as my particular situation goes, no matter how good the product, no one as a paying customer, should have to deal with this.

I hope you are able to take this guy to the cleaners. He certainly deserves it. Course my father was career Air Force so I take it kind of personal when someone does this to a member of our military. And some things are just worth fighting for.

Let us know how the build from PCR goes. I'd be interested in hearing about the work.

The guys at PCR have been outstanding. I'm just waiting on the Manners folder, the action, barrel, DBM and EFR are at PCR waiting.
I'm glad I went with them for the 308 rather than give STS another shot to screw me. Thanks PCR

Glad you decided to go with PCR also. I have a rebarrel coming from them hopefully in the next month or so. They have been very helpful in answering questions and alleviating concerns i had.

I whole heatedly agree. Brad at PCR has been great with communication and helping me progress with the build. I'm very confident. I also like that they are very involved here on the Hide and seem to want to take on new and different projects.

Except face, self respect, and a helpful shoal marker that hopefully warns some unsuspecting person of the potential risks involved in doing business with them. The guy that screwed him over deserves every bit of this. In fact, STS should be the one making the overtures, not the OP. Too many people on this forum apologize for the shit some of the firearms business pull on their customers (let me be clear, I'm not saying that you, Scout, are specifically apologizing for what STS did to the OP). I won't take it and neither should the OP or anyone else.

Big +1! Do not delete this thread. This guy deserves every bit of this. He holds your items and money hostage, doesn't perform any work on said rifle, insults you and your military service, and on top of if goes to your command! That is horse shit. I would prosecute to the fullest extent of the law and made sure he lost his FFL and served time as theft (which is what he is doing) and fraudulent charging over a certain amount is a felony in Kentucky.

Thanks..I'm glad you guys are seeing why I won't back down from this. I have all the documentation over the past year to prove the issue, so the court case won't be a problem (other than paying lawyers)
I refuse to sit idly by and give this guy the opportunity to do this to someone else.
Honestly I don't think that military service entitles anyone to better customer service or prices. Who am I to say that I work harder for my money than anyone else does for theirs. Everyone of us makes sacrifices of many kinds to fulfill our dreams and passions. Yes it took me over 10 years to financially afford to do this, as it does for many avid shooters. And it sucks to the highest degree that my dream of a full custom rifle has gone this way.
I will not however, allow this man or anyone else to question my integrity as Soldier and deliberately make false statements to that fact.

many of us here are military, law enforcement, fire fighters and other public service professionals. Although I don't expect everyone to understand or operate like we do, we do understand the importance of honesty and timely operations. If I as a Soldier, or you as LEO tell someone that we can be on target at certain time and place, and then blow that, lives hang in the balance. This is how my mind works, I tell you like it is, either I can meet mission or i can't. I don't string my superiors nor my Soldiers along for a ride.
That's all ask...tell me the truth. If you can't make the deadline or you messed up the build tell me and we'll work to make things right, don't take my money, withhold my equipment then call me a liar

Last edited:
I understand the frustration and anger that anyone would have at this point, but I'd like to offer a different point of view.

1. The BBB is complete and total bullsh!t, I've been in business for close to 20 years in one way or another and when I was younger I thought (like many people do) that the BBB was actually there to help protect the consumer. IN reality the business pays a fee to the BBB to be a member. Now how can an organization take my money and also claim to protect the consumer when I'm the one paying them? (NO. I've never had a complaint filled against me with them.)

2. You are going to spend even more money chasing this guy around. It also doesn't matter if you get a judgment against him for any amount of money! He will never pay it! Getting a judgment saying he owes you X is one thing collecting on it is another.

Cut ties take the lose lick your wounds and tell everyone you ever meet that is getting into LRS to stay clear. That's the best you can do.

Michael

I understand that the BB works like anything else. I used it as a tool to try and spread the word of the shady business practices. I never had confidence that they would help settle issue.

I don't understand the cut ties...lick your wounds comment
There is no way to cut ties...unless someone here wants to cut me a check for close to $14,000.

I don't understand the cut ties...lick your wounds comment
There is no way to cut ties...unless someone here wants to cut me a check for close to $14,000.

My point is by the time you go to court pay a lawyer and whatever other expenses you incur chasing this @sshat around it will be closer to $20K if not more. All of which you will never get back from him. So at this point you are throwing good money after bad.

I get that you have been wronged and the guy deserves what he gets but at the end of the day you will just make yourself crazy and it will all be for nothing in the end.

Just my $0.02 worth...

I understand your point. I tried everything to resolve this without litigation. I agreed to everything he asked and after each time he still refused to return everything. I haven't been able to get them to respond to an e-mail or phone since Dec.
I have no desire to "HAVE" to go to court over this. I just want my equipment back.
Like i said earlier...if STS wants to haggle over the amount of the refund that's fine, but give me my equipment back. there's no logical reason to keep both

if STS wants to haggle over the amount of the refund that's fine, but give me my equipment back. there's no logical reason to keep both

I failed to address this part in my original post. I think you another member addressed this already and I agree contact the ATF and tell them the man has stolen your weapon. The money you can forget about it's gone but your equipment I agree you can and should get back. Perhaps a flight out there with prof of ownership of the firearm and the local PD and the local ATF agent.

You can contact the ATF directly and ask them what field office is in charge of his area. Call that one speak with a supervisor and they will have the agent in that area met with you.

Good luck...