• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes It's about time Burris gets in the game! UPDATED 1-8-14

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they got help from the Steiner department on the internals for the elevation and windage. Didn't think I would hear about mushy or sloppy clicks. My older XTR 6-24 felt pretty good. I'm not sure what the people at SHOT are comparing them to, maybe NF or S&B that's in another booth there?.. Maybe they aren't top tier in feel but I wouldn't think they took a step backwards. Guess I'll have to wait to see one for myself.

Huh? MSRPs mean nothing. Street pricing for the 5-25 is around $1200-$1300. That's for a FFP 5-25 with a zero stop (hard stop, not shims). A comparable NF is $3300 with those features.

These aren't made to compete with high end scopes lets not confuse the two.
Gee, you are right, its ok to give a total bullshit msrp to fool unsuspecting consumers into believing they a purchasing a high dollar item at a discount, so long as in actuality, the item is a piece of shit not even worth the "discounted" price.

Gee, you are right, its ok to give a total bullshit msrp to fool unsuspecting consumers into believing they a purchasing a high dollar item at a discount, so long as in actuality, the item is a piece of shit not even worth the "discounted" price.

Every manufacturer does it. Are you new to this or something?

Qny product you buy has a msrp, and usually its higher then what you will usually pay. Its a "suggested" price

I run a long range rifle match at CRC the fourth Saturday of every month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Quickdraw40 - I used to come out to shoot the LR weekends that they ran - 3x600 on Sat, 3x1000 on Sun, both in any rifle/any sight format. That's been several years ago, but I remember how much fun we had back then. I even built a LR prone rifle specifically for those matches - BAT 3LL in a Robertson H&H prone stock, with hvy Palma bbls in 6.5x55AI & 284. What match format do you run, and have they updated the club's website to reflect this coming season's schedule yet?

Colorado Rifle Club Long Range Rifle Match. It's basically a prone prairie dog match.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I am really interested in how these things perform. At 800$ I am willing to try out the 1-5 or the 2.5-10 on an AR308 and a 6.8 build that I need to musical chair som optics around. Anyone know if Burris does a directi buy Military program? Hope this isnt somewhere deep in the thread, I thought I read it all.

I was at SHOT and played with all the new Burris optics. For those that are never happy with anything, I hope there is a complaint box in Heaven so you can be happy. For everyone else, very impressive. Are there a few things I might change? sure. But given the price point these are going to be very hard to beat and the performance is certainly a cut above some of the others in the same price bracket. Glass is a step up from the XTR and PST levels. Are they top tier, nope, but based on the info I have on how they are built, they very well be more rugged that some of the top tier optics. I hear they will be shipping in February.

The DFP of the 1.5-8 is pretty cool, and I can see some applications where it might be the ticket. It is a complicated assembly, and thus the higher price point. I'll be getting a 1-5 on the way for the 3G rig and a 5-25 on the way for one of the long range rigs which had another brand on it until I saw the XTRII.

No, they don't. But i could see how one who buys their gear at Walmart may think otherwise.

This comment alone proves you have no idea what you are talking about...

Do some research on MSRP vs Street Price of just about ANY market... You'll find you are very mistaken.

This comment alone proves you have no idea what you are talking about...

Do some research on MSRP vs Street Price of just about ANY market... You'll find you are very mistaken.

Schmidt & Bender, Nightforce, Hensoldt, Sako, Accuracy International, LWRC, Larue, Noveske, MSASordins, Eberlestock, TAD Gear, Swarovski, etc etc etc...you are right, I clearly have no idea what I am talking about.

Quality products do not follow this second rate bs marketing ploy.

Btw...i have a Lamborghini watch i will sell you for $500...retail is over $5000.

I will take an high MSRP and reasonable street price over inflated MSRP and strictly enforced MAP pricing any day of the week.