• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jesse Ventura=Scumbag

Slapchop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2009
New York
Whether it happened or not, how big is his ego that he is still pursuing this thing? Now at the expense of the man's wife. Talk about having zero class or respect. Doosh!

By Jean Hopfensperger
Star Tribune (Minneapolis)

<tbody>
</tbody>
Published: May 31, 2013

MINNEAPOLIS — Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is setting his legal sights on the widow of a former Navy SEAL he had sued for defamation.

Lawyers for Ventura have asked a federal court to continue his lawsuit against Chris Kyle — who was killed in February by a young veteran he was mentoring — by substituting Kyle’s wife, Taya, as the defendant. Ventura last year sued Kyle, a decorated former SEAL and author of “American Sniper,” claiming that the book’s description of a California bar fight defamed him. “Although Kyle is deceased, his ‘American Sniper’ book continues to sell and it is soon to be made into a movie,” said Ventura’s motion, filed last week by Minneapolis attorney David Bradley Olsen.

Ventura’s lawyers said his claims survive Kyle’s death, and “it would be unjust to permit the estate to continue to profit from Kyle’s wrongful conduct and to leave Governor Ventura without redress for ongoing damage to his reputation.”
On Wednesday, Taya Kyle’s attorney filed a response to the motion, writing that Ventura’s move “comes as a disappointment, but no surprise.” “Continuing this action will serve no useful purpose,” wrote Kyle’s attorney, John Borger of Minneapolis, “and likely will promote public perception of Jesse Ventura as someone who has little or no regard for the feelings and welfare of surviving family members of deceased war heroes.”

A hearing is slated for June 17 in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis. In a section of his book called “Punching Out Scruff Face,” Kyle describes a confrontation with a “celebrity” at a 2006 wake for a Navy SEAL. He claimed “Scruff Face” made disparaging remarks about the war, the United States and President George W. Bush, provoking Kyle to punch him in the face. Although he didn’t name “Scruff Face,” Kyle later acknowledged in media interviews that he was describing Ventura.
After his book was published in January 2012, Kyle became a celebrity in his own right. “American Sniper” became a best seller, landing him interviews on talk shows such as “The O’Reilly Factor” and “Late Night With Conan O’Brien.” Ventura sued, claiming that the confrontation never occurred and that he never said any of the remarks attributed to him. The remarks and ongoing publicity were injuring his reputation, said the suit, which also accused Kyle of “unjust enrichment” — making money at Ventura’s expense.

The suit was moving through court when Kyle was killed. He had brought a Marine reservist whom he was mentoring to a Texas firing range, where the young man shot and killed him. Now the book could reach an even bigger audience. Blockbuster filmmaker Steven Spielberg announced this month that he would direct the movie version of “American Sniper.” But the suit didn’t end. Soon after Taya Kyle filed legal documents this month confirming that she is executor of her husband’s estate, Ventura’s attorneys filed the motion to continue the suit under her name. Kyle’s attorneys responded this week that there is no proof that Ventura has suffered “substantial and real damages” and that Ventura would better improve his public image “by taking the high road and declining to continue this lawsuit.”

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/jess...to-suit-against-navy-seal-chris-kyle-1.223793

Last edited:
I would only imagine that if this is true and this douche-nozzle pursues this, that episode of being on the floor will not be his last.

A lawsuit doesn't die just because the one being sued does. You sue his estate. There's money in them there hills boys and lawyers will always find a way to get it.

Finris, et al,
Ya'll wanna be careful with what you/we say here, as we don't want:
A) Problems to come towards ourselves,
B) Problems to come towards the 'Hide,
and
C) the disappearance of the Bear Pit, too.

I'm just sayin'.... and I know so many are thinking the same thoughts..... but not all of them should be said here. Don't want to constitute anything as threats, right?

Like the sackless excuse of a man needs any help ruining his image....he's been doing it on his own for years. I trust that Ventura will get his in due time. That blasted 10% they always talk about....they always get by and disgrace the entire lot.

More prayers sent for Chris and his family.

Tapatalk2

So the lawsuit survives the death of the defendant; so what? It adds nothing, and changes nothing.

Is the argument being made by the OP that because Chris happened to die the plaintiff should simply agree to drop the suit, pack-up and go home? Do we not give Chris the credit of assuming he knew what he was doing when he wrote what he wrote, and when he named Jessie Ventura as the person he was writing about in his book?

BTW, truth is a defense to defamation.

Last edited:
its amazing what info can be found on the net just by simply looking.all jesse venturas contact info is here for all of us to find.call him up and tell him what you think call the agency reping him and tell them your thoughts.offer to hire him for a speaking engagment for the national gay and lesbian coalition meeting in some town.find out the things he support and let them know your thoughts on him and his chickenshit lawsuit.

So the lawsuit survives the death of the defendant; so what? It adds nothing, and changes nothing.

Is the argument being made by the OP that because Chris happened to die the plaintiff should simply agree to drop the suit, pack-up and go home? Do we not give Chris the credit of assuming he knew what he was doing when he wrote what he wrote, and when he named Jessie Ventura as the person he was writing about in his book?

BTW, truth is a defense to defamation.

Spoken like a true lawyer. All I'm saying is whether or not it actually happened, who gives a fuck. Guys get into fist fights all the time without running to the cops or calling a lawyer. That in and of itself makes him a pussy. The fact that he is now going after his wife and her estate is what makes him a scumbag without any class. I don't know what financial situation they were in prior to his murder but I'm sure that they weren't rich. Now that Chris is out of the picture, I would imagine things being difficult for his wife and kids money wise. Then along comes Ventura wanting to take what little they have.

And for what? What is this lawsuit gonna prove other than what the general consensus is here? The man is dead, let it go. Nothing to be gained by going forward with this. For a guy who loves to be in the spotlight and loves to looks good while in it, he sure knows how to tarnish his image.

Spoken like a true lawyer.
Lawyers and police officers are required to be objective, to reserve judgment, and to balance competing interests. Making value judgments about events one is not involved in should be reserved for gossip columnists and fanboys.

Last edited:
Well I'm not the cop who caught this case and as far as I can tell you're not involved in anyway with this either other than offering your judgement and opinion. Which you have a right to as do I. Titles aside we're still human. I just happen to think that your opinion here stinks but you're entitled to it.

Well I'm not the cop who caught this case and as far as I can tell you're not involved in anyway with this either other than offering your judgement and opinion. Which you have a right to as do I. Titles aside we're still human. I just happen to think that your opinion here stinks but you're entitled to it.
And I'm not sure that on a personal level I disagree with much of what you are saying, but I find it amusing that here you are being even more pretentious than I care to be.

And I'm not sure that on a personal level I disagree with much of what you are saying, but I find it amusing that here you are being even more pretentious than I care to be.

You know Graham I find you to be an intelligent guy who comes across as articulate and level headed when you're trying to make a point. Not sure why you are resulting to insults here today. I don't see how I'm trying to dignify myself as being important here for you to accuse me of being pretentious and while I think the man did more for our country in a few short years than what most of us will do in a lifetime, I'm no fanboy.

This is more about whats right and whats wrong. If you can see that then there isn't anything more to discuss with you.

Not sure why you are resulting to insults here today. I don't see how I'm trying to dignify myself as being important here for you to accuse me of being pretentious and while I think the man did more for our country in a few short years than what most of us will do in a lifetime, I'm no fanboy.
Relax, man, no offense intended: It's the Internet, and I know how much you like to argue with people here, so I was simply obliging you in a lighthearted way. I didn't mean it as abusive at all. Sorry.

Jesse is a conspiracy unto himself.

This is going to hurt him in the long run... far more than what he would ever stand to gain... Assuming he can even win.

Guys,

I'm amazed that no has bothered to even look up Ventura's military records.

A couple years ago I started a thread about his "Conspiracy Theory" show, and several members pointed out that while the show was interesting, Ventura wasn't even a SEAL.

Supposedly he was UDT, but not a SEAL, the very thing he touts out every two seconds while he's on camera.

Has anyone found out for sure? One Hide member linked several articles pointing out that he wasn't a SEAL.

If he wasn't a SEAL.......

Relax, man, no offense intended: It's the Internet, and I know how much you like to argue with people here, so I was simply obliging you in a lighthearted way. I didn't mean it as abusive at all. Sorry.

Trust me, I'm not offended. At all. I don't think of you as being the abusive type so no worries there. Just found it odd and out of character for you to respond in the fashion that you did. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapchop View Post
Spoken like a true lawyer.

Lawyers and police officers are required to be objective, to reserve judgment, and to balance competing interests. Making value judgments about events one is not involved in should be reserved for gossip columnists and fanboys.

Sir I have no real intention of hijacking this post however there is a small item of serious credibility issue in this thread that is crying out to be addressed. Please bear with me here for a moment.

This is from a thread dated 4/16/2013 that is in the now defunct 2nd amendment area.

From Thread: The indirect confiscations are starting, but in Texas really?
Dated 04-16-2013 07:39 PM

Graham
I agree that there are lot of smart cops. I just wish they would stay longer in the profession.
I don't agree with your lawyer example, though: Losing criminal cases has nothing to do with the intelligence of the lawyer. All criminals get representation; that's how the system works. The reason few criminal cases are won is because fewer bad cases get to be cases, and even fewer of those are taken to trial by prosecutors.

AGrizz
Sir you sound like a person that knows the law. I was curious about the institution from which you acquired your degree J.D/LLM, J.S.D./S.J.D. in law? And how long you practiced?

04-20-2013, 08:40 AM #67
Fdkay
You do know that he IS a lawyer, right?
You're just trying to make some point here, right?

04-20-2013, 08:56 AM #68
Graham
Quote Originally Posted by fdkay View Post

Graham
Titles shouldn't matter. The information in a Thread should speak for itself. Be suspicious of people who rely on name-dropping for their credibility, because it could be a distraction.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
04-20-2013, 09:07 AM #69
AGrizz
Quote Originally Posted by fdkay View Post
You're just trying to make some point here, right?
AGrizz
I could say I am the governor and I am not. With an educational system name of the University it takes about 5 minutes to do a check to see if the person representing their self is actually the person they are presenting. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

04-20-2013, 09:26 AM #71
Graham

Quote Originally Posted by AGrizz View Post
I could say I am the governor and I am not. With an educational system name of the University it takes about 5 minutes to do a check to see if the person representing their self is actually the person they are presenting. Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Graham
Relax, dude, it's the internet: No one owes you a verification of credentials. Who cares if I am posting from my mom's basement?
BTW, you don't verify lawyers by checking with the University they attended.

04-20-2013, 09:29 AM #72
AGrizz
Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Relax, dude, it's the internet: No one owes you a verification of credentials. Who cares if I am posting from my mom's basement?

AGrizz Really!!!!

04-20-2013, 09:43 AM #73
Waveone
Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post

waveone
LOL- which I actually did -....cracks me up. You've been skirting the line in placing certain posters on the defensive, now we are at tipping point.
I completely agree with your position on the one hand , but this is quid pro quo in many instances. Certain positions demand substantiation otherwise the poster comes off sounding like an idiot. Of which many are in various ways. Definitely in this case. No need to authenticate here because it is evident- to any discerning individual who is what.

Lawyers - by their subtle language and demeanor are evident in the comprehensive nature of their explanation . Whereas LEO are as well due to the fact that their demeanor is about as subtle as a .....gun. Anyone disagreeing with their position often is accused of posting from their mom's basement, a former/current convict, or other low life form.

Too funny

Mr Graham
Sir evidently we are still waiting for names to enable the verification of credentials.

Last edited:
Trust me, I'm not offended. At all. I don't think of you as being the abusive type so no worries there. Just found it odd and out of character for you to respond in the fashion that you did. That's all.

Actually from some of his past post, he seems to have an issue with Seals with book or movie deals.

WHAT A DOUCHEBAG... you don't mess with anyones widow and kids MUCH LESS A SEAL.... he's a total disgrace hell was he even a seal????

NEC "Navy Enlisted Classification". It's a code all enlisted guys have that tells what their warfare specialty is. UDT guys were NEC 5321s and SEALs were NEC 5326s. Had to serve in a SEAL Team for at least six months before you qualified as a 26."

Jesse V. was in UDT 12 "NEC 5321". Anyone who'd only served in UDT before the Teams combined in 1983 couldn't truthfully claim to have been a SEAL." Jesse left active duty in 1974.

You be the judge.

Last edited:
Dear Jesse

Why don't you go blow your brains out, you have nothing to lose.

Actually from some of his past post, he seems to have an issue with Seals with book or movie deals.
I do tend to give the SEALs a hard time. Force of habit, mostly.

Mr Graham
Sir evidently we are still waiting for names to enable the verification of credentials.
What do you mean 'we'? You are still trolling. Everyone else has moved on.

Honestly this is just one of the problems with our Sue happy society. The fact that he's a big enough piece of shit not to drop the lawsuit in my opinion speaks volumes for his character. Greed is like cancer once a person is infected it consumes them.

Sue the widow of an American Hero?

Hmm....

If Jesse Ventura had a Public Relations guy then the guy has either to be asleep, just doesn't give a shit any more, or figured that it would be easy money to sit back and relax while the idiot hanged himself.

I have noticed you have taken a self-imposed sabbatical for a short time just after you were questioned about your credentials in the 2nd amendment post of 4-20-2013. Welcome back.

Evidently we are still waiting for names to enable the verification of credentials. Sir you have opened a real can of worms and if I were you I would try to put the lid back on it for my own betterment.

If I were you, of which I am certainly happy I am not, I would go back the past 5 years at least and check my posts and make certain that there is nothing there that would be detrimental to my own well being.

Due to the fact that you claim to be a Lawyer the liability for the information you post on the forum and your legal opinions leave you open to very strong litigation should anyone point a finger in your direction on this web site.

Good Luck Officer Graham.

Last edited:
To the Moderator(s) who deleted my inappropriate Post; Thank You. I got mad and scribbled some of my thoughts. I'm still having issues with those who would attack a mans widow and orphans. I haven't the vocabulary to express my self or my ideas appropriately.

Seeing how I work with them, friends with a whole lot of them, live with some of them, and too frequently share the pain with some I consider the finest of this American generation that come back home missing a lot of their body parts, the idea of your type judging Navy SEALs is fucking comical. Nobody forced you to read their books so go write your own book as if anyone would fucking read it.

Last edited:
I have noticed you have taken a self-imposed sabbatical for a short time just after you were questioned about your credentials in the 2nd amendment post of 4-20-2013. Welcome back.

Evidently we are still waiting for names to enable the verification of credentials. Sir you have opened a real can of worms and if I were you I would try to put the lid back on it for my own betterment.

If I were you, of which I am certainly happy I am not, I would go back the past 5 years at least and check my posts and make certain that there is nothing there that would be detrimental to my own well being.

Due to the fact that you claim to be a Lawyer the liability for the information you post on the forum and your legal opinions leave you open to very strong litigation should anyone point a finger in your direction on this web site.

Good Luck Officer Graham.
Your reading comprehension suffers. And your attempts at giving me legal advice and trying to scare me with your internet stalking are, frankly, a bit creepy. I do give legal advice but I don't do it on this Site. And my voluntary ban had nothing to do with credentials. You may want to consider imposing one on yourself.

Last edited:
Seeing how I work with them, friends with a whole lot of them, live with some of them, and too frequently share the pain with some I consider the finest of this American generation that come back home missing a lot of their body parts, the idea of your type judging Navy SEALs is fucking comical. Nobody forced you to read their books so go write your own book as if anyone would fucking read it.
If what you say is true, then you know how much the Tier 3 community values the competition and the good-natured struggles that accompany that competition between it and Tiers 2 and 1. They need no defense from you, so there's no reason to play fanboy. I won't comment on your choice to live with some of them, as I don't judge that sort of thing either.

I considered writing a book. Aside from the obvious problems associated with doing so, then having it published in any meaningful form, I came to the conclusion that I am not the type to do that. I'm glad you brought this up, because the whole 'hollywood' thing became an issue in the community not after Aaron, but after Matt and Kyle. There is a strong disdain within these closed communities for those who write books and who go public, and authors usually face ostracism by their own unit friends after doing it. Whether you and I like them or not, read them or not, or judge them or not, is irrelevant.

Last edited:
In case you have a little memory issue these are your words not mine.

04-20-2013, 09:26 AM #71

Graham

How to become a lawyer:

In general, a prospective lawyer will need to pass a state-administered bar exam after earning a Juris Doctor degree from a law school approved by the state in which he/she wants to practice. Typically, there is also a character and fitness evaluation, which includes a background check. [Source]
In other words, becoming a licensed attorney is an arduous process. The legal education consists of these stages:
◾A Bachelor’s degree, often in the Pre-law major
◾Law school
◾Trial practice
◾Legal clinic
◾Graduation with a Juris Doctor degree

Sir I would again request that you give the name of your University the State you are properly licensed in and your proper name for verification.

I wouldn't post personal info on the net. I don't respond to Nigerian emails, either. Scammers and lunatics face very few barriers as it is.

I wouldn't post personal info on the net. I don't respond to Nigerian emails, either. Scammers and lunatics face very few barriers as it is.

Graham has stated: I do give legal advice but I don't do it on this Site.

There are emails that are usable. If he is giving legal advice as he claims then the advertising would only assist him with is endeavors.

Last edited:
Grizz, what is the point to all this?

I know Graham personally, have been shooting matches with him for 5 years, have been to his law practice concerning trust work he has done for me, and have talked with him extensively about his education, mostly because I was curious to know why the hell there was a huge jar of pencils worn to the nub under his very hard earned Degree and Licenses in his office, and when driving to RO for the cup, conversations can go to places that one never really cared about until spending 23 hours straight in a creeper van.

I also know that he relishes making fools look foolish and is succeeding once more, so I would drop it if I were you. His job and chosen career revolves around picking apart statements, exposing false information, speaking fact, objectively, and playing devils advocate, mostly, imo, to look at scenarios from every possible angle.

Despite Graham's recent Crusade on Sniper's Hide to fix stupid, or at least to slow it's progress, we (local support group) have tried to convince him it's just not possible. However, being the humanitarian and optimistic Canadian deep down he is, I applaud his effort.

Hasgun Willtravel

The point is there have been many times on this site that I have observed Mr Grahams " fixing stupid" that borders on insulting everyone on a post. If he wishes to "fix stupid" then you find a way not to insult everyone.

If in fact Mr Graham is an attorney he should know in his practice that you work with people to "fix stupid". I would also hope that he would have more respect for people than to attack them on a personal level at every opportunity.

Mr Grahams basic refusal to verify his information and return with a statement like, "BTW, you don't verify lawyers by checking with the University they attended". This is not the only way for verification however it is certainly a positive step in the right direction. Should he be willing to give the Board name then that would be appropriate as well.

Hiding behind a website name is certainly not good way to advertise your organization or your ability.

Jesse Ventura=Scumbag

Griz,

Who the heck cares....! This is just getting "stupid". Half of the crap people think are insults is all how you read it. This idiotic crusade to check the integrity of Internet dwellers and all information passed through its domain is just plain silly. Leave the drama elsewhere like Facebook or the playground for that matter. Grow up, move on, and understand this environment. It has cycled from comical to exhausting and now ridiculous.

Tapatalk2

Griz,

Who the heck cares....! This is just getting "stupid". Half of the crap people think are insults is all how you read it. This idiotic crusade to check the integrity of Internet dwellers and all information passed through its domain is just plain silly. Leave the drama elsewhere like Facebook or the playground for that matter. Grow up, move on, and understand this environment. It has cycled from comical to exhausting and now ridiculous.

Tapatalk2

At least I know precisely who Graham is not and he is not a Lawyer. However I certainly appreciate your patience.

Mr Grahams basic refusal to verify his information and return with a statement like, "BTW, you don't verify lawyers by checking with the University they attended". This is not the only way for verification however it is certainly a positive step in the right direction. Should he be willing to give the Board name then that would be appropriate as well.

Hiding behind a website name is certainly not good way to advertise your organization or your ability.

I can understand it's frustrating when someone's statements are challenged by facts, and then they can not back them up with facts of their own, mostly because of the habit of regurgitating second hand knowledge. This is in no way a disservice to the site, it is infact very beneficial.

"BTW, you don't verify lawyers by checking with the University they attended".

Are you kidding, this is the nicest and least insulting/intrusive method I have ever read to tell someone to "FUCK OFF".

BTW, fill out your profile.