• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Joe Biden's Assault Weapons Ban

LilGucci

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2019
If Biden wins office this November, what do you imagine his assault weapons ban looking like? Legislation through congress and fought through the courts that will take some time or potentially immediate executive order?

Do you imagine it being buybacks, or requiring all firearms to be NFA and all "Assault Weapons" registered with the state?

Do you think an Assault Weapons Ban could be overturned in 4 years with a new Republican president and congress, and if so, is it worth waiting things out, or is the threat of a felony charge of possession of an unregistered firearm not worth it?

Are AR-10's and all non-AR-15's at risk, or will they mostly target the AR-15? Is it only lower receivers that are at risk, or are upper receivers and other parts of the gun also at risk of requiring an FFL background check and NFA approval, etc? I think in California now, Ammo purchase requires an FFL and background check.

Will gun manufacturers survive if Joe removes the protections in place to keep them from being sued? I'm asking all of these questions so I can prioritize my purchases for the rest of the year and decide whether or not it is worth doing gun builds next year. I'm mostly worried about my AR-10 builds early next year. I also have a CZ Bren 2 MS, and even though that is not an AR-15, it is probably at risk too.

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
Depends on the makeup of Congress.

As you surely recall from Civics class, the President may introduce a bill but it still must be passed by both houses of Congress. Or a bill may be introduced by a member of the House or Senate but ti still must be passed by both houses. Then it goes to the President where he may sign it into law, veto it, or do nothing in which case it becomes law in 10 days.

However, assuming an "assault" weapons ban is passed, I would expect it to look exactly like the 1994 version with no sunset clause.

Edited just to clean up non-pertinent clutter...sorry - I got into a bottle of red wine and I'm ready to get on a soapbox

I hoping Biden loses so I get to use my collection during the democratic revolt defending the homestead unless they need me in a forward area.

If they Ban and take them the only decision you'll have to make is wether to buy Chinese or Russian made AK47 because they should both be fighting for market share.

Depends on the makeup of Congress.

As you surely recall from Civics class, the President may introduce a bill but it still must be passed by both houses of Congress. Or a bill may be introduced by a member of the House or Senate but ti still must be passed by both houses. Then it goes to the President where he may sign it into law, veto it, or do nothing in which case it becomes law in 10 days.

However, assuming an "assault" weapons ban is passed, I would expect it to look exactly like the 1994 version with no sunset clause.

Is there any bans or restrictions he could put into place without the need for congressional approval? Like through an executive order?

If Biden wins office this November, what do you imagine his assault weapons ban looking like?

First off, he is not even aware of this ban because he is a demented vegetable. This is the doing of his communist handlers. As far as the "ban" goes...who fucking cares how it's done. The moment they try and disarm us, the show goes live and we hit the reset button so worry not about the method. Just buy more ammo and be ready for that day.

Is there any bans or restrictions he could put into place without the need for congressional approval? Like through an executive order?
Why don't go do some basic fucking research on what Executive Orders are and what their basis in law is?

These kind of threads, speculating about shit none of us can forsee, and started by tards like you who don't even know how basic governance works, are a waste of bandwidth.

Kamala Harris has said she plans to make ALL firearms NFA items... and ultimately she’s gonna be the one in charge not Joe

Reactions: Doc68
Why don't go do some basic fucking research on what Executive Orders are and what their basis in law is?

These kind of threads, speculating about shit none of us can forsee, and started by tards like you who don't even know how basic governance works, are a waste of bandwidth.

How is this speculation when it is his platform on his campaign page?

Reactions: Jumper
Joe Biden’s Plan To End Gun Violence: will light off the most gun violence this country has even seen! The civil war will look like a BB gun war!

Reactions: LilGucci
even if they removed all ARs, gun deaths would only drop 0.8%, so what then?
Don't cloud this with facts and reason.

They want Aussie like gun control. All of it. They just want obedient sheeple.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."

Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

That is a great question. Under the original Constitution I would say no, but executive orders are increasingly being used to circumvent congress. I think they are being used too much. Unfortunately, neither party is interested in curtailing executive orders because when “their guy/girl/it” is in the Oval Office it gives them more power. I wish we could count on the Supreme Court, UT they have been disappointing at upholding the Constitution as well. So I guess an executive order can do anything We The People allow

Some of Joe Biden's Gun Platform:

• Ban the Manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
  • Ban the importation of Assault Weapons (No more FN Scar, HK, etc.)
  • Make existing Assault Weapons NFA and registered with the government
  • Buyback Assault Weapons and high-capacity magazines
  • Limit firearm purchases to one per person per month
  • End online sales of firearms and ammunition, kits, and gun parts.
  • Stop "ghost guns" - 3d printed, or from kits (80% lowers)

Again, this is directly from his presidential campaign page.

Do you think an Assault Weapons Ban could be overturned in 4 years with a new Republican president and congress, and if so, is it worth waiting things out, or is the threat of a felony charge of possession of an unregistered firearm not worth it?

The real question: Spine made of AMERICAN bone or useless Jello?

if you are willing to be stripped of your rights because a tyrant says so, were they rights or just permission?

Patrick Henry comes to mind.
I wrote a report on Ethan Allen in the 5th grade.
Turned an old hat into a Tri-corn and wore it for a year.

Look at history. Where do you want to be written about?

• Love
Reactions: Lapuapalooza
That is a great question. Under the original Constitution I would say no, but executive orders are increasingly being used to circumvent congress. I think they are being used too much. Unfortunately, neither party is interested in curtailing executive orders because when “their guy/girl/it” is in the Oval Office it gives them more power. I wish we could count on the Supreme Court, UT they have been disappointing at upholding the Constitution as well. So I guess an executive order can do anything We The People allow

Yeah I'm worried about the buying a Scar or a B&T APC 308 because it says on Joe Biden's page:

While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.

It seems that the executive authority will be used in this conquest to ban all semi-auto rifles.

Yeah I'm worried about the buying a Scar or a B&T APC 308 because it says on Joe Biden's page:

It seems that the executive authority will be used in this conquest to ban all semi-auto rifles.

Buy what you want, whether it be a SCAR or KAC or B&T (not sure what that is but no matter)...Once it’s in your possession only YOU determine if it stays there.

Reactions: gunman_7

i bought a scar specifically because they might make it illegal to buy one, but i doubt they are going to buy back a $4000 rifle.
just one of the many crazy rationalizations the poors like me have to come up with to buy expensive shit. :ROFLMAO:

i bought a scar specifically because they might make it illegal to buy one, but i doubt they are going to buy back a $4000 rifle.
just one of the many crazy rationalizations the poors like me have to come up with to buy expensive shit. :ROFLMAO:
hahahaha.... what makes you think their going to buy back at the price you paid??? hahahaha... to them, they would think themselves generous if they paid more than $50 for a handgun or $100 for a rifle....

Seems like the guy is trying to lose on purpose… So he takes Harris as his running mate, which is probably one of the most polarizing things he can do, and then he starts talking about assault weapons ban when even far left leaning liberal‘s are calling me up asking me what shotgun they should buy and where they can find ammo...

What a friggin idiot.

Reactions: gunman_7
Seems like the guy is trying to lose on purpose… So he takes Harris as his running mate, which is probably one of the most polarizing things he can do, and then he starts talking about assault weapons ban when even far left leaning liberal‘s are calling me up asking me what shotgun they should buy and where they can find ammo...

What a friggin idiot.

Never interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Tbh, I doubt it causes much of a stir if he goes after imports. The "I dont have one anyway" crowd will shrug it off.

Like I said, he will not go directly after ar15 (the crown jewel) because that will definitely cause a stir and likely get people motivated to take to the streets IMO.

They going to chip away just enough at a time as to not spark a unifying cause.

But make no mistake. Complete disarming of the plebs is the overall goal. They will never stop.

since the scope, tripod, rangefinder, spotter, bags, ammo and the rest is all useless without the rifle, they'd have to pay me $12k for one rifle.
Pretty much how it will go:
1600432256771.gif

I am voting for trump and I still want an ak or 6 lol regardless my property stays with me till my god tells me him or her self I don't need it not a political or a law

They would have to go for more than just ARs. I could do more damage with a 1911 and a pocket full of magazines than any so-called "mass shooter" has ever done.

If you think they're going to give you going rate for your guns, you're crazier than Joe. They're going to set a price, you agree to show up or agree to be the criminal.

Since you didn't show up within the allotted time, now police show up at your house. And since you didn't show up now they have probable cause just to kick in the door.

You'll have to prove the guns were destroyed or sold... off to jail you go until you can prove it.

Reactions: theLBC
I’ve seen a few different bans on assault rifles over the years. They grandfather the current rifles and give everyone a chance to buy them before they enact the ban. The prices go up and the sales go up. They banned bayonet lugs back in the late 80s early 90s but we could still buy select fire rifles so long as we paid the $200 tax stamp. It’s all bs! Politicians are doing what they do best, talking. They’ll say anything to get elected. You can’t believe anything they say. Just my humble opinion

I’ve seen a few different bans on assault rifles over the years. They grandfather the current rifles and give everyone a chance to buy them before they enact the ban. The prices go up and the sales go up. They banned bayonet lugs back in the late 80s early 90s but we could still buy select fire rifles so long as we paid the $200 tax stamp. It’s all bs! Politicians are doing what they do best, talking. They’ll say anything to get elected. You can’t believe anything they say. Just my humble opinion
humble opinion yes, based on history of a different type... the animal we are dealing with now has another agenda other than just being elected.... believe what you will, but to your own detriment...

Reactions: jcmullis2
If you think they're going to give you going rate for your guns, you're crazier than Joe. They're going to set a price, you agree to show up or agree to be the criminal.

Since you didn't show up within the allotted time, now police show up at your house. And since you didn't show up now they have probable cause just to kick in the door.

You'll have to prove the guns were destroyed or sold... off to jail you go until you can prove it.
to be sure. i wasn't trying to suggest they are going to give me the value of my rifle.

since i don't intend to comply with such an order, this gives me more legal justification for challenging the order (fair compensation not offered).
and of course i know i am not going to win that battle...
but if they kill me for protecting my rights and property, at least they won't be able to claim they gave me a fair offer.

humble opinion yes, based on history of a different type... the animal we are dealing with now has another agenda other than just being elected.... believe what you will, but to your own detriment...
Joe is definitely nutty as 🐿 💩. They’ve already taken so many of our 2nd amendment rights away that we could never remove a government that no longer serves us, as was the purpose of #2. We gun owners need to demand that our elected leaders return all of our rights not just allow us to keep the few we currently have. Maybe we gun owners should do like the black lives matter movement. Hit the streets wearing masks to prevent Covid-19 and protest like them. Just joking they’d lock us up. I vote and hope for the best like most. We definitely need the younger gun owners to vote and be active in the political process. They’re our only hope in this battle.

I have to wonder, if Biden were elected, is he so naive as to think it's going to actually be him at the wheel.

I have to wonder, if Biden were elected, is he so naive as to think it's going to actually be him at the wheel.

He knows he ain’t the shot caller.

I recall him answering a question about his tax plan at a campaign event a couple weeks ago where he stopped mid-sentence, stammering that he didn’t want to say too much or “they may shoot me” or something to that effect.

He’s a tool and seems to be totally fine with that. He’s also an absolute disgrace.

I have been thinking about this a lot lately.

As always, what you see in candidates’ platforms is unlikely to materialize due to issues in passing bills in Congress, possible court battles, etc. So, the fears of Dems taking firearms away are IMHO unfounded. The same is true with executive action. There is going to be immediate nationwide injunction in a federal court, and then it’ll take years (or until the midterms) to sort things out through the judiciary.

Is there public appetite for AWB now? Barring some horrific event, I really doubt it. And there is zero chance for it getting 60 votes in the Senate. Remember, a lot of places considered “liberal” have strong firearms culture (including constitutional carry in some) – VT, NH (the latter being a swing state helps too) and ME come to mind. Even Bernie treads very lightly when talking about firearms and only took the current stance once becoming a presidential contender.

That said I do think restrictions are possible and even likely. I’m not a lawyer, so these are my personal speculations. A lot can be done administratively. ATF only considers lowers as firearms now, but this can be changed without any congressional approval and boom, all uppers and many parts/kits will become regulated, require transfer, which makes life difficult, raises the costs of ownership, etc. 80% stuff can be banned administratively too by recategorizing them. Online ammo purchases can be restricted, same with powders, primers, bullets. All transactions will likely require NICS check. Tax stamp on silencers, fees for FFL licenses, etc. can be jacked up ridiculously. Maybe introduce NICS check fees – imagine the money it’ll bring! Worst case about any fee increases is that no subsequent administration (R or D) will lower them as history convincingly demonstrates.

As far as what to stockpile question asked by OP, the easy answer is everything  but it is arguably almost too late. I would get some more ammo and AR parts, but the prices and availability are insane now, so I’m wondering if it makes more sense to wait and see. The reality might not be as bad as the expectations.

Many of us lament about the loss of the 2nd amendment rights here but realistically at the federal level there wasn’t much happening since the original AWB expired. Most serious problems occurred at the state level (ask me how I know). I think even the realistic worst case scenario at the federal level won’t be as bad as what we already have here in NY.

Joe is definitely nutty as 🐿 💩. They’ve already taken so many of our 2nd amendment rights away that we could never remove a government that no longer serves us, as was the purpose of #2. We gun owners need to demand that our elected leaders return all of our rights not just allow us to keep the few we currently have. Maybe we gun owners should do like the black lives matter movement. Hit the streets wearing masks to prevent Covid-19 and protest like them. Just joking they’d lock us up. I vote and hope for the best like most. We definitely need the younger gun owners to vote and be active in the political process. They’re our only hope in this battle.
I believe the reason we aren’t out there causing hate and discontent is because unlike those that are currently screwing the country up, we have jobs, spouses and kids that we support and take care of. You know the saying; Half of us pay taxes to support the other half. 👍

It's not Biden, it's Harris, they both flubbed it, and I was saying it from the start when the DNC picked her. Biden would get sworn in, months later deemed unfit, and Harris will be President. So ignore that senile old man. Worry about Harris.

Not like we would comply anyways, and they have no true way to enforce it. Just make sure you get out and vote in person.

I believe the reason we aren’t out there causing hate and discontent is because unlike those that are currently screwing the country up, we have jobs, spouses and kids that we support and take care of. You know the saying; Half of us pay taxes to support the other half. 👍
I visited the Bay Area in California a few years back when my son was in college at UC Berkeley. They actually had paid protesters out there. Being an ol country boy from the south the only thing I can compare that area to is Disney World. You could order weed like Pizza and they delivered like Domino’s. Protesters living in trees to prevent them from being cut down and subway cops shooting people who jumped the turnstile. Crazy place but the protesters were essentially working. I wonder how many of those on the news are being paid in addition to what they loot from the businesses in the area.
You would think that people would learn the only people effected by gun control laws are the honest people. The thugs who use guns to commit their crimes aren’t prevented by gun control. However sometimes they’re prevented from committing any more crimes when their would be victim is a gun owner. We see that from time to time but not nearly enough because some places actually arrest them for protecting themselves and loved ones.
Here in Florida we’ve been pretty lucky in that we can still protect ourselves and property without fear of being jailed. It’s really easy to think only about how things are in your own area. This post has reminded me of how good I have it. I can’t imagine living in states like New York or California. If us gun folks don’t get out and vote we won’t have to imagine how it is, we’ll learn it for ourselves.