• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jon Beanland 6x47 Lapua

buster hindend

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2012
Had Jon build me a lighter weight 6x47 Lapua. He built me one a couple of years ago that's a little heavier than this one. Wanted to trim it up just a bit. I really like this blueprint for a carrying type rifle.

6x47 Lapua
8 twist Bartlein finished at 24"
McMillan Hunter Stock 34 Med Tan/33 Dark Brown/33 Lt Tan
Metal Cerakoted Patriot Brown
Bighorn Action
Jewell set at 1.5 lbs
Talley LW
Swarovski Z5 3.5x18x44

Thanks for looking

Here it is along side it's chunky BIG sister

That is one slick looking rig! How does it shoot and what barrel contour is that?

Very nice rig, Jon had built several rifles for me in the past and all have shot incredibly well....his attention to detail is amazing and he's one hell of a nice guy too!

Thanks for the kind words
Gonna load some rounds today and take it out for a test drive on Saturday

Weight of both setups?

Good looking rifles, like the actions a lot.

DT

Per my fish scales
12lb for the desert camo rifle
9lb for the new one

Great looking rifles!! I have been looking at the Swarovski Z5 for a light weight hunting scope. Please let me know how you like it.
I really like the Swaro for a light hunting scope. Love the glass

That is a sweet rifle. it appears that Beanland does great work, what was the turnaround time on your build here?

Fine looking rig - I'm sure you're gonna like it a lot. At first glance, I thought the bbl was heavier - more like a sendero contour. Then looked at the 2nd photo and realized it wasn't that heavy.

I built myself a similar rifle on a 700 SA in 250 AI with a Krieger #5 sptr and it wound up weighing 11lbs. I used Williams steel BM on mine, and a Bushnell 30mm 6500 scope, in a B&C 1000 stock. Was surprised at how heavy it wound up being - yours is more like what I was shooting for.