• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jon Beanland Special!

Sharpsman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
Rayville, La.
I've got to drive to Texas I guess and buy Jon Beanland the best steak off a Texas steer that we can find because he's built two rifles for me the past few years and both have made me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY as Willie Robertson would say on Duck Dynasty! I loaded up 10 rounds this afternoon using 54.5 grs. H4350 behind a Hornady 195 gr. VLD Match bullet and using LM Russian primers and fired 10 shots from 1000 yards. After obtaining a zero from 200 yds. about a week back I punched in local conditons into the Ballistic AE program and it gave 28.48 MOA for 1000 yds. and that's what I used for the first two sighters. Those two rounds were slightly high and a bit right but POI was into the white AR400 plate at the 2 o/clock position. After making a correction...I painted the two sighters and went back and fired the remaining 8 rounds shown here.

8 shots @ 1000 yds. by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

I think this will work in this old worn out cartridge!

JB1 by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Certainly do thank you Jon!! An EXCELLENT job...as always!!

Mr. Beanland told me last week my rifle should be done by the end of this week. Can't wait to get it.

Truth be told, your previous thread about that beauty of an '06 got me to thinking, and having a hankering for having one built.....

Edited to add, Damn fine shooting sir! (but why is the bolt handle on the wrong side?)

Mr. Beanland told me last week my rifle should be done by the end of this week. Can't wait to get it.

Truth be told, your previous thread about that beauty of an '06 got me to thinking, and having a hankering for having one built.....

Edited to add, Damn fine shooting sir! (but why is the bolt handle on the wrong side?)

"(but why is the bolt handle on the wrong side?)"

Left eye happens to be my Master eye!!

I've got to drive to Texas I guess and buy Jon Beanland the best steak off a Texas steer that we can find because he's built two rifles for me the past few years and both have made me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY as Willie Robertson would say on Duck Dynasty! I loaded up 10 rounds this afternoon using 54.5 grs. H4350 behind a Hornady 195 gr. VLD Match bullet and using LM Russian primers and fired 10 shots from 1000 yards. After obtaining a zero from 200 yds. about a week back I punched in local conditons into the Ballistic AE program and it gave 28.48 MOA for 1000 yds. and that's what I used for the first two sighters. Those two rounds were slightly high and a bit right but POI was into the white AR400 plate at the 2 o/clock position. After making a correction...I painted the two sighters and went back and fired the remaining 8 rounds shown here.

8 shots @ 1000 yds. by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

I think this will work in this old worn out cartridge!

JB1 by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Certainly do thank you Jon!! An EXCELLENT job...as always!!

Your a lucky man and great shooting....I have Beanland-itis..very bad and this is not helping it!!!

That looks good, and since Jon built it, no surprise.

He does very good work, and you've got a good one there.

What I don't understand is the "Texas" thing.

Last time I checked, Jon is in OK.

Why go south of the red river for beef?

Nice!
I've heard that Beanland guy builds some nice rifles.

That looks good, and since Jon built it, no surprise.

He does very good work, and you've got a good one there.

What I don't understand is the "Texas" thing.

Last time I checked, Jon is in OK.

Why go south of the red river for beef?

? puzzles me too, Jon is from Oklahoma and it's Phil that says happy, happy, happy, musta been just a figment of speech as uncle Si would say, or no cows left to eat in OK lol

? puzzles me too, Jon is from Oklahoma and it's Phil that says happy, happy, happy, musta been just a figment of speech as uncle Si would say, or no cows left to eat in OK lol

But...THEY ALL SAY.....Happy Happy Happy! Do you honestly THINK that THEY don't emulate their Dad??

Cuz.....I GOT COWS IN TEXAS!!

Why can't you just keep your pictures to yourself! I haven't even taken delivery of my Beanland .308 (due next week) and I already ordered a Bart 30 caliber tube and Surgeon L/A BM for my new 30-06 project thanks to you!