• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JP Modularity Question

holden

0351 Erastus "Deaf" Smith
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2006
Republic of Texas
I’ve had a few factory AR10s, including MWS (still have one) and a JP LRP. Having had only factory AR10s, I’ve never really delved into the lego aspect of the platform. Is there a quick primer on the major varieties and how they piece together (or not)?

Along those lines, thinking of ordering a JP LRP or LRI. Three areas I’d want flexibility in are the trigger, the barrel (I know they offer Proof; but interested in Bartlein as well), and the handguard (want an SLR or like with thinner profile). Is this possible to modify the JP LRP or LRI in these areas?

As far as the trigger, barrel and GB are concerned, you can swap them without any issues in either platform. IIRC, JP's handguards are a proprietary system, and cannot be swapped as readily. I could be wrong in that, but they are just a phone call away, and their CS is great...they normally answer the phone, which is rather rare these days (unless you're Mike Rescigno at Tac Ops...that dude is great) LOL!!!