• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

June 7th Match in Taylorsville, GA

brusky21

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2013
GA, TN, UT
I think I'll be making the drive up for the match. I've shot a bunch of 3 gun, but this will be my first precision match. I'd love to link up with any fellow Hiders that are up there. From what I've found, the match fee is 30$ and the round count is 50-70. If anybody has any other info, or has shot one of these in the past, please post.

Here's the link: http://www.creeksidefiringrange.com/index.html

Just know that Joe usually does a creek based stage once in the summer. I had no clue and showed up last year and got wet. I enjoyed it, very out of the box, but some do not. I plan on trying to make it out to that match also.

That's really good to know! I'll make sure I bring a change of clothes. How many round do you typically shoot per stage?

I'm wanting to say 5 stages with 10 or so per stage, but I haven't shot there a whole lot. The round count can get higher the more you miss. I'm not on facebook & missed the announcement about the creek stage last year, but I think he usually posts more info on each match a few days prior on facebook. To me, and I enjoyed the creek challenge, things like that and the positional stuff makes for a great match. Some hate it though. I run a local 2 & 3 gun match and have done past stages where you go down low prone and shoot under a simulated car. I cannot tell you how many people bitched about it. Hell the head firearms instructor from a local agency left one match early because of that stage saying it was unrealistic. Really? If it were unrealistic why would Kyle Lamb teach a whole class on it. Watch the hollywood bank robbery/shoot out. The last guy to go down was shot in the leg from under a vehicle by SWAT.

Joe's match is good that way in he tests your ability to build a solid firing position in a crappy situation.

Have the results from yesterdays match been posted online anywhere? I had a great time and learned a ton. I would definitely recommend it to anybody who is interested in jumping into the sport.