• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just curious...whats your BATTLE READY Precision AR (556) weigh?

Capt Beach

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
Virginia Beach Va
I'll start...10.7 pounds...probably could be in the 9's if I shed the UBR but it rocks as a stock so its staying for now...

EDITED to add: Fully loaded mag inserted, ready to field...

YHM Upper, YHM Lower and YHM 1/2" Riser
RRA LPK with RRA 2 Stage Trigger (breaks like a thin glass rod)
WOA 16" 1:7 Match Wylde with Rainier Stainless gas block and DPMS mid length gas tube
BCM BCG
Troy 13" Alpha Rail
YHM QD Flash Suppressor
MagPul UBR,
MagPul BUIS, rear stored in the UBR storage...
Ergo Grip
Harris Bipod
Weaver Grand Slam 3 x 10 Mil/Mil 1/10th MR
Burris X-Treme Rings

45146d1407025827-show-your-new-2014-ar-dmr1small.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks brotha. Can is an AAC M4-2000. Rifle is:

San Tan Tactical lower
YHM Model 57 upper
Geissele SD3G
Noveske 11.5" Mod 0 Switchblock barrel
10" BCM KMR
LWRC UCIW w/Slash's heavy buffer and XP spring
HK 416 V1 grip & Samson direct attach stubby vertical grip
BAD-ASS 45 degree short throw safety
JP Enterprises JPBC-16 BCG
Armageddon Tactical GMS-15 CH
Aimpoint T1 2 MOA in a GDI MTM5 mount

Hey the belly what hand guard is that? Can u take it on and off and swap, barrels ect? From the rifles shown some people's Def of battle ready is spr ish and others are more cqb ready...with the main difference being optic.

What does "Battle Ready" mean?

I don't go into battle much......

:) Good question.

OP, no offense that's a cool looking rifle but if I were going into battle, I think I'd take a more robust optic than a Weaver Grand Slam....

:) Good question.

OP, no offense that's a cool looking rifle but if I were going into battle, I think I'd take a more robust optic than a Weaver Grand Slam....

Plus carrying a nearly 11 lbs rifle around gets old real fast.

My go to AR when I was doing stuff was my Noveske N4. It was a factory build but I played with stuff like trigger springs to lighten it up just a tad. Reliability wise it was perfect. I have since shot out the original barrel and am about to SPR this thing since I'm now a college student and don't get shot at as often. I have also taken the original hand guard off and replaced it with an NSR rail. It comes in at 8.4 lbs suppressed and a 30 round pmag loaded.
I should have my SPR barrel today so could likely weight in on that later today.

EDIT: It currently wears a CompM4 up top, and has been beat to hell over the years (i mean its a tool right?).

Last edited:
Mine weighs 11 pounds exactly the way it is in the first picture "WITH" a loaded 20 round magazine. I weighted it on my bathroom scale and it may not be very accurate. I'll have to try it on a better scale. It also has an 18" WOA varmint upper and a Colt 6920 lower with a Geassele SSA-E trigger. The scope is a Bushnell AR/223 scope with 4.5-18x40mm zoom.

Attachments

• P5210002.JPG
    P5210002.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • P5210004.jpg
    P5210004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • bushnell scope .JPG
    bushnell scope .JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hey the belly what hand guard is that? Can u take it on and off and swap, barrels ect? From the rifles shown some people's Def of battle ready is spr ish and others are more cqb ready...with the main difference being optic.

It's made by carbonArms. The guy who runs the joint is on here as MarkCO, I think. Here's teh weblink to it:

Carbon Feather Handguards

The barel nut attaches normally, but the hand guard screws onto the outside of the barrel nut and comes with a little 'jam nut' to keep it in place. It's a very simple system, but remarkably solid and durable. I used that gun at a semi-auto precision course, and had no issues with it.

Thanks alot belly. I have wanted one to save weight for a while, and all I need is a way to attach a bipod and I am gig and save a half pound!

My Go to is an Noveske N4 Afghan with SS barrel with a NF NXS 1-4x24 scope in a LaRue mount. Weighs in at just about 9 pounds iirc.

This is the AR I use for Night matches, CTC laser, 3 rails for different light configurations, or a bi-pod on the front. Burris MTAC 1-4 in a Warne SKEL. 7.8 pounds in this configuration.

Attachments

• Night Rifle.jpg
    Night Rifle.jpg
    873.7 KB · Views: 19
Thanks alot belly. I have wanted one to save weight for a while, and all I need is a way to attach a bipod and I am gig and save a half pound!

Buy with confidence!

There are three holes drilled into the forend, one each at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. At the 6 o'clock, I just drilled another hole to conicide with a Magpul MOE polymer rail section and BOOM, instant bipod mount. I'll try and get a better picture of it when i get home tonight.

You'd never make it in todays infantry, lol. :-D

No kidding. Here's what I got issued and had to lug around all the time. Most of the time I had the PVS24 in a pouch, but it was still around 11-12 lb I'm guessing.

IMG_20130903_114219_895_zps81c33ee0.jpg

A smidge over 19 pounds with ammo.

Larue tOBR 14.5"
ACOG
Surefire 300U

Pretty basic

No kidding. Here's what I got issued and had to lug around all the time. Most of the time I had the PVS24 in a pouch, but it was still around 11-12 lb I'm guessing.

IMG_20130903_114219_895_zps81c33ee0.jpg

Ledzep: Looks like that photo was taken aboard ship. Were you on a MEU?

Yes. Glorious MEU warrior. Practically a POG etc. etc.... :)

13th MEU, USS New Orleans. I'll never go to Asia again.

DANNER!

According to wikipedia and TNVC, 12-13 as pictured. 14+ with ammo.

The one on top is a 14.5", middle 10.5" and the bottom is 16"
All weights are with the Surefire SOCOM 556-RC and a full 30rd mag
10.5 lbs
9.25 lbs
12.5 lbs

The top also has a single battery Surefire Scout light that you cant see.
The BCM keymod forend on the 16" is super light weight only like 7 oz. I wish I would have got the BCM on the 14.5 instead of the Noveske. The 10.5 will get a BCM soon.

Last edited:
I'll start...10.7 pounds...probably could be in the 9's if I shed the UBR but it rocks as a stock so its staying for now...

45146d1407025827-show-your-new-2014-ar-dmr1small.jpg

By "battle ready" I assume you mean "range fun-gun" since you have a Weaver Grand Slam on there. Not trying to dis your optic selection, as not all of us can afford high dollar german glass for all of our rigs (myself included), but how many thousands of rounds have you put down range with that weapon? Do you know your dope to the maximum terminal ballistic range of the load you are shooting? What is your windage in a 15mph 10:30 crosswind, and would you take a shot in a 15mph cross wind with the load you are shooting? Have you found the scope's turret tracking to be reliable and repeatable? You may find that the "battle-ready" scope you chose may be of little use to anything other than spotting paper holes at 50 yards.

BTW sick looking paint job on that rifle.

Capt Beach you at least have 3/4 of a pound of paint on that bad boy! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Naaaaa...just 3 coats of Krylon...and a coat of clear...

Lupy Mk IV inbound... and I was asking those questions of Marines and later PD DM's a long long time ago...that scope has actually been run in a few F Class 600 matches on a 308 and held its own...it got moved to the parts box when I got a VV 6x24X50 for the 308///I'm trading for a Lupy MkIV right now and the WTGS is going on Savage 22 trainer...that rifle has a grand total of 212 rounds right now in its range book... still playing with loads...just bought some Lapua brass for it, its proved so far very accurate and worth the expense...its older brother had nearly 5K on it (M4)

Last edited: