• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Just Finished a great Western series

Chance

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2004
South, TX.
My wife and 3 girls had gone out of town for about a week and I rented Comanche Moon and followed it up with the old favorite Lonesome Dove. If you have a few days, like westerns, and haven't seen either of these, or it's been a while since watching them...you owe it to yourself to watch them! For me it had been a while since watching Lonesome Dove, and all I can say is that it is a masterpiece. Makes me which I was born about 140 years ago.

Chance

Re: Just Finished a great Western series

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know they had made a miniseries out of Comanche Moon. I read the book a few weeks ago. Now I'll have to get the video. I have Lonesome Dove on DVD.

Lindy, I am sure it's not as good as the book, but check it out...The actor who plays Augustus has Robert Duvall's mannerisms down pat.

All 4 of the books have actually been made in TV mini-series movies. Lonesome Dove is far and away the best movie of the 4, but the others are worth watching. None of them are as good as the actual books.

Lonesome Dove Series

One of the exploits by a Texas Ranger in those books was actually done by my great-great grandfather. That gave me a bit of a personal interest in the books.

The history of the Rangers is pretty interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The history of the Rangers is pretty interesting.
</div></div>

That it is. I'm been to the Ranger's museum in Waco twice. It's a fascinating place.