• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just got a nice 40x 22 Lr.. Magazine/ bottom metal

Re: Just got a nice 40x 22 Lr.. Magazine/ bottom metal

Sir, I see this project is quite far along but have you thought/tried newer Remington mags, I think the 596 or 504 used a nice cast metal 6 round magazine. I hope your conversion works out. Rich56

The older mags were steel.... All of the new production are plastic..
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xxjbj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the 5 rounder was steel. </div></div>

I was referring to the CZ452. The 5 rounder that came with mine was plastic.
frown.gif
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm finishing up M40A3 rails so I haven't worked on it. Stay tuned. Ill work on it this week. I have to adjust the extractor claws some and then make the conversion block.;) </div></div>

Any updates?

AICS adapter taking Ruger .22 handgun mags would be great.

you need to work on it. There is a BIG market for this....how many CMP rifles have been sold....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

That is one heck of a nice project! If you can convert the standard 40X single shot into a repeater, there will be a lot of demand for them!

Best of Luck!

Do you think there is enough room to make a repeater in 17HMR/5mm Rem Mag/22 Win Mag?

picked up a 40 x recently and am ready for this mod when you are

Count me in also.I bought a 40X with the hope of having a magazine option.that would be a very nice feature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, we cant let this thread die... </div></div>

Right, you are.

Someone said they bought a 40x with the hopes of a mag conversion in the future. I bought a 40x with no such hopes, but this sure sounds good.

David

Right now my 40X is a single shot, but with any luck CDi will be able to fix that.

Is this feeding reliably?

2yvrxh1.jpg

Any need for a ramp?

I just picked up a 40x myself...

I would love to have one for my 40X HB. I'm in.

Fast Ed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I havent worked on it, the action is out for barrel threading and bolt knob work.. I need to get off my ass and finish it. IT will be a neat setup when its dun..;) </div></div>

Any updates?

Working on what magazines to use. I dont really like the savage mags(seem very cheap and chintzy).

Does anyone have input on good 22 LR rifle mags?.. I have heard the Anchutz ones are good but not sure what ones or availability/price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about ruger 10/22 mags ? They are reliable, easily serviceable, and inexpensive. </div></div>

This is what I also meant by steel lips. 10/22

Savage and Annie mags are the same. The only difference is a notch in the back of an Annie mag for the mag catch.

I have made a bunch of Savage mags for my 1827s.

Let me see if I can take some pics and email them to you.

Old Savage mags that us Anschutz guys modify a touch to work in 54/64's may be better than the MKII mags.

Brownells:
533-400-355
Savage 5-Round fits 35/34/65/85/416/982 $12.95

It'd be great it there was a magazine that you could use that comes in 5 round that would be flush with a stock, or 10+ rounds if you didn't care about it sticking out.

Also, heres some food for thought. An original repeater.

Actionleft.jpg

Actionright.jpg

Bottom.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about ruger 10/22 mags ? They are reliable, easily serviceable, and inexpensive. </div></div>

This is what I also meant by steel lips. 10/22 </div></div>

10/22 mags are great,but the 40X is a more classical looking rifle,I think a thinner mag like Anshutz would look better.

Check out the mags that Cooper uses. I think they are modified Annie's, but not positive.

Fast Ed

I am confused now. Cid is making a conversion using an AICS housing and the feeding/spring parts from another .22lr mag correct? For those that are using AICS and other stocks that utilize the AICs mags right?

I'm new to the Hide, but have followed this thread with interest. I'm building a .22 clone (trainer) to pair with my Remington .308 5R. This bottom metal repeater set for a 40x would be great. Put me on the "I want one too" list. As an aside, I would vote for the 513T mags....they are dependable, inexpensive, and still being made aftermarket on the original Remington tooling.

I'm in for one when available, I tried to call number on web page and said was disconnected ????elton

A Tag , to keep post alive.

I think there is going to be much more cost involved then many of us were expecting ($800-1000). A fellow hide member actually turned his 40x into a repeater and said it was very tedious and involved. After reading the post I was a little disheartened. I justs did not realize how hard this was going to be.

I dont want to speak for CDI, and could be way off. here was the thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1385128

Had me 1 about 6 years ago sold it for $2500 in the box as new and i got $125 for each spair mags made a killin!.not bad for back in the old days!john

I like the 40X's but why not just go with a 52 Win, if a repeater is a must? The rifle would be cheaper than the conversion.