• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Just got done watching Lone Surviver...

Shanerbanner10

Primer Denter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Oklahoma
    As the title says, I scored a ticket to watch this movie way before its officially out in theaters.

I have read the book and also been lucky enough to know some men that knew one of the members of Operation Redwing on a personal level.

I thought the movie was good. Its about 2 hours long. I think the whole cast did a pretty darn good job on this thing. I'm sure Luttrell is proud. I'm keeping this extremely short and sweet simply because the movie speaks for itself. I highly suggest reading the book if you haven't. The stories behind these men are all very inspiring. I urge you guys to see it and imagine what kind of hell they went through.

I have 2 copies of the book. I wont watch the movie because mark wahlburg is very anti gun. Excellent book though, I can read it any time.

Yep, Marky is of biggest anti gun celebs, right up there with the Likes of Matt Damon.

I've long since quit worrying about Hollywood actor's whacked out social and political views. You won't watch too many movies or listen to too much music if that's your litmus test. I can't wait to see Lone Survivor. Book was outstanding too with Luttrell providing the content and Patrick Robinson doing the writing.

I could give 2 shits less about anyone's political view, why people care about actors and what they do with their lives will always blow my mind.

For an anti gun guy Mark did a pretty good job with this movie (if you ask me).

I could give 2 shits less about anyone's political view, why people care about actors and what they do with their lives will always blow my mind.

For an anti gun guy Mark did a pretty good job with this movie (if you ask me).

Marky mark is a awesome actor and has many films where he does a great job with firearms. I just quit watching his movies and other movies from a lot of actors. If you are fine with supporting a industry that wants to take away your way of life that's fine. Glad to hear they did the story justice, its a real gripping tale.

Watching an actor and supporting his political views are not the same thing.

Well said as usual graham.

As I said, I could give 2 shits less about anyone famous, what they are wearing, who they are dating or their political views. I have enough to focus on in my life without worrying about someone else's.

Actors who play with guns on screen, then come out as anti-gun in their politics, have lost their political credibility anyway.

I read the book many months ago and it was awesome. Saw an interview of Marcus and Patrick a few nights ago and Marcus said Patrick made the movie correct which was good.

I saw the movie last night and wow, it was really accurate and a great movie!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

"very anti gun"

I think he made ONE comment years ago, OMG how anti gun, what an anti gun activist he is.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]“I would love it if they could take all the guns away. [/FONT]Unfortunately, you can’t do that so you [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can’t protect themselves,”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Wow, what an anti gun liberal [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]wacko amirite????

I find nothing wrong w/ this statement, and for someone that's not into guns it's a pretty reasonable thought. Of course if you asked him to think about that question a lil more, I would think he would answer it differently. (like that people will always find a way to kill others, regardless of the tools taken away from them.)

[/FONT]

Last edited:
    Not trying to argue, but as soon as you pay to see the product they produce, you're supporting him/her. Dollars provide a lot of support. I'll watch the movie...maybe on a bootleg copy or something.

One prime example of a hypocrite was Sylvester Stallone and his anti-gun comments after his movie "Bullet to the Head" came out. It's laughable.

I guess old Marcus doesn't get any money from this movie? I guess he doesn't do anything positive with his money?

I have come to the opinion that "gun guys" can find a way to get butthurt about just about anything.

Just got done watching Lone Surviver...

Not trying to argue, but as soon as you pay to see the product they produce, you're supporting him/her. Dollars provide a lot of support. I'll watch the movie...maybe on a bootleg copy.
    Let's think about that for a moment, I mean as an economic argument:

I won't pay $8 to see a movie, because that's a 'lot' of support for a star of the film; but I do intend to watch a bootleg copy.

Hmmm..... Maybe I'll buy that.

I guess old Marcus doesn't get any money from this movie? I guess he doesn't do anything positive with his money?
    Whether a star of a movie gets paid for starring in the movie, and whether or not he uses his own money 'positively', whatever that means, is not relevant to whether a personal boycott will be effective.

An individual, withholding his $8 out of protest, makes a difference mainly regarding whether that individual sees the movie.

Because the Kantian imperative works better in philosophy than it does in economics.

Last edited:
    I think you guys are getting off topic. This is suppose to be about the movie Lone Survivor not Mark's political views. Also Mark got paid for his role in the movie. He got his money rather you go see it of not.

A friend of mine just caught an early screening of this and said it's epic! I can't fucking wait to see this thing.

Off-topic comments aside, I can't wait to see this movie ! Marcus gave it his seal of approval (obvious pun intended) so I'm in.

Look at it this way
    Book was great
    Murphy lived in my AO locally
    Wahlberg and the Hollywood crowd are true D-bags
    BUT
    If the film was good enough for M. Lutrell, I can compromise....
    I will wait for it on Net Flix :)

I am going to take two of my sons and go see it this Friday. My oldest son and I have read the book and we have been waiting to see this movie since it was announced.

The book was an awesome read!

Saw the movie and really liked it. There were some things left out, but then again there usually is. Props to the guys for doing a good flick.

I'm glad there are some positive responses to this movie, HOW-THEFUCK-EVER....

All this bullshit about supporting actors with anti gun views is bullshit, we all have the right to our opinion and here is mine. You do things every single damn day that support anti gun people, if you don't think so, stop and think about what you spend your money on and whom it goes to.. Stop being such a cunt (and I'm not saying this to one person individually) and just go see a good movie, enjoy it for the entertainment and historical values it was intended for. This movie will open some peoples eyes as to the type of operations that our good ole' boys do on the regular. If you've been in the military you may or may not know what we are relating to.

Meh, I fell asleep about halfway through, started out like a cheap recruitment video and continued to bore me with its overemphasized jingoism. Typical Hollywood popcorn flick. I don't think the movie did any justice to our frogmen.

I'm glad there are some positive responses to this movie, HOW-THEFUCK-EVER....

All this bullshit about supporting actors with anti gun views is bullshit, we all have the right to our opinion and here is mine. You do things every single damn day that support anti gun people, if you don't think so, stop and think about what you spend your money on and whom it goes to.. Stop being such a cunt (and I'm not saying this to one person individually) and just go see a good movie, enjoy it for the entertainment and historical values it was intended for. This movie will open some peoples eyes as to the type of operations that our good ole' boys do on the regular. If you've been in the military you may or may not know what we are relating to.

^^^^I so agree with this statement. Boycotting this movie will do nothing to Marky Mark! He already had his payday. I am reading this book now and I think Hollywood screwed up casting Wahlberg in the role of Luttrell but WTF....they rarely get it right. I am going to go see it with my son and I think it is going to be a good one. Movies are entertainment in my opinion.....if you are looking for a religious experience then go to church.

Yep, Marky is of biggest anti gun celebs, right up there with the Likes of Matt Damon.

I've long since quit worrying about Hollywood actor's whacked out social and political views. You won't watch too many movies or listen to too much music if that's your litmus test. I can't wait to see Lone Survivor. Book was outstanding too with Luttrell providing the content and Patrick Robinson doing the writing.

Agree and thats not why i personally don't watch many movies.

Book pretty good and the movie was an equal although not entirely true to the book. But that's Hoolywood.

I disagree...... while supporting his work..... you are enabling him more wealth to promote gun restrictions...Alot of famous actors have become rich making war movies.....but have been too chicken shit to join and serve... The true American heroes are the ones who have been there and done that.Those are the people I revere and support.....

I disagree...... while supporting his work..... you are enabling him more wealth to promote gun restrictions...
    If I were to donate $8 to the NRA, then pay $8 to go see the movie, would that level the playing field?

Meh, I fell asleep about halfway through, started out like a cheap recruitment video and continued to bore me with its overemphasized jingoism. Typical Hollywood popcorn flick. I don't think the movie did any justice to our frogmen.

you fell asleep halfway thru this? OK...I just watched a screener of this and I thought it was great! However the second cliff they jumped off looked unsurvivable to me.....prolly alittle hollywood there...
    Marcus is one tough mf-er.

I'll stay on topic here. The last quality flim to me is Black Hawk Down, however I think this is just as good if not better. Nothing was over the top, or dubbed in, no catch phrases or one-liners. IMO, it's very well put together and portrayed. Everyone has their taste and opinions or perspectives regarding these types of films, but aside from the political involvement with one actor, I think the majority of you guys would like it a lot. Just my .02

Last edited:
    cant wait to see it myself. read the book and it was heart wrenching. watched a video from walmart last night called "Murph, The Protector" or something to that effect about the seal who won the CMOH. good tribute to the Man. worth watching.

I disagree...... while supporting his work..... you are enabling him more wealth to promote gun restrictions...Alot of famous actors have become rich making war movies.....but have been too chicken shit to join and serve... The true American heroes are the ones who have been there and done that.Those are the people I revere and support.....

If Obama can't shut down gun regs what the bloody hell is an actor going to do? Really bro... reallyyyyyyyyyy

Not that it matters a hill of effing beans to this film, but:

Can somebody please point me in the direction of Marky Mark's anti-gun actions or statements?

Actors have one purpose. Entertain. I am all out of fucks to give in regards to their political views. If 10, 100, 100,000 or 1,000,000 people decided not to watch one of their films then they have made this much of a difference----->0. Watch the movie, like the movie, hate the movie. They get their money, yours or not. Only loss is missing out on a potentially good flick.

Well, one thing I've read, and believe to be true, is that Marky Mark is a felon and cannot vote or posses firearms anyway. So who cares? In the mean time, I'm going to go see the movie and support Marcus and his teammates. Hopefully some of that money goes to their families, widows, orphaned children, and the charity.

Well, one thing I've read, and believe to be true, is that Marky Mark is a felon and cannot vote or posses firearms anyway. So who cares? In the mean time, I'm going to go see the movie and support Marcus and his teammates. Hopefully some of that money goes to their families, widows, orphaned children, and the charity.

no, he's not a felon. He was sentenced to 2 years but part of it was suspended so he only served 18 months. In MA it is only a Felony if you are sentenced to 2 years or more in prison, not jail.

I think he is disqualified from a CCW but not from owning or handling a firearm.

Meh. Boring.

- The director stuck pretty much to the book, which I view as a positive.
    - I also give him credit for getting the guns correct. Even the reticles were correct to the scopes they were using.
    - Per usual, the good guys shuck off several AK rounds while continuing to fight, while a single AR round drops the bad guys like sacks of potatoes.

Meh. Boring.

- The director stuck pretty much to the book, which I view as a positive.
    - I also give him credit for getting the guns correct. Even the reticles were correct to the scopes they were using.
    - Per usual, the good guys shuck off several AK rounds while continuing to fight, while a single AR round drops the bad guys like sacks of potatoes.

Did you happen to observe shot placement and precision fire vs inferior training and tactics, or were you too bored?

You guys that were bored with this film need to enlighten the rest of us that enjoyed it. I can count on one hand how many films did such an outstanding job honoring fallen comrades. Try setting aside Hollywood for a change and actually shed a fucking tear for these men and their families instead of turning it into a good guy/bad guy stereotype.

Thank you for your service Marcus. You and your brothers will be in my thoughts every day.

one of the important parts that could have been better...when Murphy called for a dust-off he was shot up pretty bad but he still had the poise and grace to say "thank you" at the end of the
    conversation...in the movie you can barely hear it....

Just saw the movie. It was great and stayed fairly close to the book, I wish Marcus's appearances in it were a bit longer tho. As mentioned above, I too saw an interview with him on Fox News the other day, he said he was satisfied with the way it turned out. As far as Marky Mark playing the role, if it's good enough for the Lone Survivor, it's good enough for me.

Check it out, it's a great flick. Its been a long time since the I've seen an audience so quiet at the end of a movie.