• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Just saw a Springfield XDM 45 Ad

biggjake

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2002
Las Vegas,NV.
This months issue of the American Rifleman has an ad of the 45acp 3.8" stls. XDM.Theres no info such as specs,just a pic of a stls slide model.and the SA website has no info yet.I'm interested to see if they expanded the capacity on the 45's like they did on the 9's and 40's.

Re: Just saw a Springfield XDM 45 Ad

The slide in the pic says 4.5 so it would appear to be the standards slide as opposed to the 3.8.

I haven't been able to confirm this yet, but it is definitely a 4.5" model ONLY at this time, due out sometime before 4Q 2010, and capacity will be "14" (which SA has not yet indicated whether it is 14+1 or 13+1 for a total of 14rnds)...still a little better than the standard XD by at least 1 round.

Hopefully SA will get the detailed information/specs up on their website sooner rather than later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't been able to confirm this yet, but it is definitely a 4.5" model ONLY at this time, due out sometime before 4Q 2010, and <span style="font-weight: bold">capacity will be "14" (which SA has not yet indicated whether it is 14+1 or 13+1 for a total of 14rnds)...still a little better than the standard XD by at least 1 round.</span>

Hopefully SA will get the detailed information/specs up on their website sooner rather than later. </div></div>

the regular XD-45 is 13+1, same as the Glock 21

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OlsenG_360</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't been able to confirm this yet, but it is definitely a 4.5" model ONLY at this time, due out sometime before 4Q 2010, and <span style="font-weight: bold">capacity will be "14" (which SA has not yet indicated whether it is 14+1 or 13+1 for a total of 14rnds)...still a little better than the standard XD by at least 1 round.</span>

Hopefully SA will get the detailed information/specs up on their website sooner rather than later. </div></div>

the regular XD-45 is 13+1, same as the Glock 21 </div></div>

You are correct...13+1 on the XD-45. I must have been asleep at the keyboard as I posted that (or wishfully thinking about 14+1)!

Or if you live in NY we can just dream about owning that gun until someone with some balls decides we can be trusted with guns that have more than a 10rd capacity.

can't wait to get my hands on one. Hopefully they increased the round count to 15.

I have never paid much attention to the XD's until I was shopping for Glock 21's at a gun show last week and couldn't find one. I picked up a couple XD's and it felt really good in my hand. Fits nicely and looks great. I think that may have to be my next purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharm762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can't wait to get my hands on one. Hopefully they increased the round count to 15. </div></div>

If you can't get it done with 14, what good is one more round going to do?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharm762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can't wait to get my hands on one. Hopefully they increased the round count to 15. </div></div>

If you can't get it done with 14, what good is one more round going to do? </div></div> one extra round of comfort!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharm762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can't wait to get my hands on one. Hopefully they increased the round count to 15. </div></div>

If you can't get it done with 14, what good is one more round going to do? </div></div>

One more round = one less zombie in the world without having to change mags!!
wink.gif
Hell, I have some 16rnd mags for my XD45 Tactical thanks to AGP Arms!

BUT...I know what you mean. People get hung up on mag capacity too often as a replacement for: 1) poor shooting technique/accuracy; 2) poor caliber selection (obviously that doesn't apply to the .45acp); or 3) poor technique/skill/lack of practice at mag changes.