• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater just watched pulp fiction again, what's in the briefcase?

The same thing as the briefcase in "Ronin" - doesn't really matter.

Say what again

Pulp fiction
Reservoir dogs
Boondocks saints
And the jay and silent bob series.

Movies of my youth.

From IMDB:

The briefcase is a "MacGuffin" - a term director Alfred Hitchcock and writer Angus MacPhail coined to describe a plot point that is deliberately left vague so as not to draw too much emphasis away from the real story.

QT doing a nod to movies he grew up with.

The silver case in "Ronin" is used in the same way.

From IMDB:

The briefcase is a "MacGuffin" - a term director Alfred Hitchcock and writer Angus MacPhail coined to describe a plot point that is deliberately left vague so as not to draw too much emphasis away from the real story.

QT doing a nod to movies he grew up with.

The silver case in "Ronin" is used in the same way.

That's actually ONE theory and it holds the most water, here are the others

snopes.com: What's in the 'Pulp Fiction' Briefcase?

Last edited:
Gold. But that answer is too short according to the reply box....so....I guess...I personally think....and can only assume....but it isn't necessarily.......gold. Or a lightbulb and a heavy battery is most likely what was actually in there....or gold colored aluminum foil....possibly caramel candy....or the yellow brick road.

Possibly a really flashy gimp?

PulpFictionBriefcase-Lit2_zpsc11a70f6.jpg~original