• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Justice Served on escaping inmate!!

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
Love it!

This whacko shot up the Tacoma Mall, think he killed 5 or 6 people.
As a Yahoo commenter said "Forklifts should be standard prison issue!"

<span style="font-weight: bold">
SEATTLE (Reuters) - A convicted murderer was shot and killed at a Washington state prison on Wednesday as he tried to escape in a forklift, authorities said.

Kevin Newland, 25, was shot by a guard at Clallam Bay Corrections Center after driving the forklift through a set of doors and crashing it into a perimeter fence, Washington Department of Corrections spokesman Chad Lewis said.

Newland had been serving a 45-year term for first-degree murder at the prison, located on the remote Olympic Peninsula's northwest tip, about 150 miles northwest of Seattle.

During the escape attempt a second inmate, 25-year-old Dominick Maldonado, who is serving a 163-year sentence, took a corrections officer hostage using a pair of scissors.

The officer was treated for minor injuries at a local hospital, Lewis told Reuters.

Lewis said he was unable to say whether the two inmates coordinated the escape attempt or how guards subdued Maldonado.

Clallam County sheriff's investigators were interrogating Maldonado after moving him to maximum security from a mid-level "close-confinement" status, he said.

Maldonado was convicted of wounding six people and paralyzing a seventh victim in a chilling 2005 mall shooting in Tacoma, Washington several days before Thanksgiving.

He was convicted of 15 counts of attempted murder, assault and kidnapping.

The "very isolated" 858-inmate prison remained on lockdown on Wednesday evening, Lewis said

</span>

Re: Justice Served on escaping inmate!!

I remember that idiot. Isn't that the guy who was pinned down by the guy working at the sword/knife shop who was shot in the process?

Ha.

I've driven by Clallam Bay corrections center before. Scary place, but really fucking isolated.

Even if dipshit escaped, he'd either run out to the point, or try to get back on 101 towards seattle. 70+ miles to the closest city, tell me they'd be fucked within 24 hours. Elements, or a big critter would get him.

Well it just saved all of us tax payers a ton of money for his botched escape attempt. I am sure that the families of his victims are not sad that he will not be back on the street.