• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC SR-25 ECR- initial thoughts (brief mini review.)

bm11 crazy question, Have you tried any of the test with the barrel minus the comp? Been doing a lot of testing on my guns lately and on certain ones have seen a HUGE diff in accuracy based on plain barrel over comps and cans on a lot of them anywhere from a .50 to a .75 MOA diff at 100

No I have not, as the muzzle devices are Rocksett in place and while it was in my barrel vise removing the FH I installed the MAMS, being that I was excited to try my new $399 muzzle brake. Accuracy didn't change with the brake vs FH, suggesting an issue with neither.

Next to no-where, we are discontinuing commercial sales July 1, until the backlog (around 12 months for a SR-25) is cleaned up to a manageable number.

I'd recommend waiting until you see what is new ;)

Thanks for keeping us informed.
Looks like just like just as i'll be able to afford the sr25, more goodies will be available...cant win eh?:D

Can you share some of what will be new? New ECC? Just URX4? Or what?

Thanks

Next to no-where, we are discontinuing commercial sales July 1, until the backlog (around 12 months for a SR-25) is cleaned up to a manageable number.

I'd recommend waiting until you see what is new ;)

BM 11. I am seriously in the market for an SR 25. Any updates? How soft shooting is the rifle? How relatively clean does it run? Do you feel like it was worth the price?

BM 11. I am seriously in the market for an SR 25. Any updates? How soft shooting is the rifle? How relatively clean does it run? Do you feel like it was worth the price?

The gun is fantastic. 600 rounds down range now with zero malfunctions. It does run clean and it is soft shooting. Worth it? Only if you are the type that simply must have the best of the best. It is insanely expensive and as such, would be very tough to argue that it is a good value. Other rifles are 95% as good for 50% of the money. Only you can decide if the extra is worth it to you.

I have an SR25 and I'd say BM11's groups are representative. Also, he is correct in that the .308 Gas gun platform tolerates very little operator error without immediately showing evidence of same on-target.

wow, is that ever 100% spot on.... there is no f#cking around when it comes to shooting a .308 AR... it doesn't like any type of operator error one bit if you want to be sub-moa...... like I've always said in the past, if you get any groups under sub-moa consistently with a .308 AR then rejoice. That is not some easy stuff and we all know BM11 is a bad ass shooter. Semi-auto's that can kick out 155gr plus bullets are non that easy when it comes to precision shooting. Trust me, I've shot more than enough groups with my .308 to know that.

I have an SR25 and I'd say BM11's groups are representative. Also, he is correct in that the .308 Gas gun platform tolerates very little operator error without immediately showing evidence of same on-target.

Just my 2 cents ...

I've got an SR-25 ECC and the gun has run flawlessly. My buddy who attended a 3-day Costa heavy carbine class this past year said the only heavies that run without any problems were 2 SR-25's. My gun shoots easily sub-MOA, and the dimpled, chrome-lined barrel of the ECC is a big plus in my mind. Just got a MAMS and will install shortly, but even with the stock flash suppressor, the gun is very smooth and light on recoil. These are really nice shooting weapons.

I've since changed out the USO for a Leupold 1.1-8 CQBSS.

photo%202%20sm.jpg

Last edited:
I had one. It was ok nothing great. Alot of others out there that shoot as good or better for less money.

Like the GAP 10 shoots as well for a whole lot less money. Its the name on the rifle that sells the rifle not the rifle

Last edited: