• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Kansas, Hunting with a Suppressor? Other States?

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Was hoping to get some input on hunting in Kansas with a suppressor. Since July of this year I have been informed it is in fact legal to use a suppressor if following all other regulations. (ownership, legal tag/permit, etc).

Can someone verify this on here. I know there are a couple SOT dealers from KS on here.

What other states allow suppressor use for hunting?

Thanks
    Wade

Re: Kansas, Hunting with a Suppressor? Other States?

Wade, as of July 1 we CAN hunt suppressed. Saw this in this yrs hunting regulations. Can also be found on a kansas legislation website if you look hard enough. I've even talked to the local game warden about it.

p.s. if you do not have a suppressor and are looking to possibly buy one, let me know in advance and I'd let you try mine out. I run SAS cans, have a buddy who is in the works of getting a YHM will be interested to see which 1 performs better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toolfanatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wade, as of July 1 we CAN hunt suppressed. Saw this in this yrs hunting regulations. Can also be found on a kansas legislation website if you look hard enough. I've even talked to the local game warden about it.

p.s. if you do not have a suppressor and are looking to possibly buy one, let me know in advance and I'd let you try mine out. I run SAS cans, have a buddy who is in the works of getting a YHM will be interested to see which 1 performs better. </div></div>

Awesome news. I wish NC would allow that. It would be nice to drop game without disturbing the rest of the animals and surrounding people.

You can hunt suppressed in Idaho.

I've wanted a suppressor for quite a while, but didn't want the hassle. When I heard we could hunt with them in Kansas now I ordered my TBAC 30-P1. I'm well into my long wait now, I won't have it for this deer season, but will have it for coyotes and pdogs this coming spring. FWIW if you're hunting with one this deer season I'd carry a copy of the law or something from the state to show the game warden if he stops you, I could see this being a law that not all of them will be aware of.

Ray

Florida,
    Prohibited methods and equipment for taking game:
    -Fully automatic or silencer-equipped firearms

Thanks fellas. Tripped over it a couple times in the KWP regulations. Found it this morning.

Texas...

Varmints / hogs = Okay

Deer & other game animals = No go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead-bird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Florida,
    </div></div>

Just a little clarification. Hogs on private land are not considered game animals. Therefore, suppressors and full auto are legal.

BTW, I'm hunting in Kansas during rifle season and taking two suppressed rifles, my 308 Sako TRG with my AAC Cyclone and my 6.8 LWRC and AAC M4-2000.

Going on my third season of hunting suppressed in South Dakota, If you can hunt it here with a rifle, you can shoot it suppressed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cardboardkiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead-bird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Florida,
    </div></div>

Just a little clarification. Hogs on private land are not considered game animals. Therefore, suppressors and full auto are legal.

BTW, I'm hunting in Kansas during rifle season and taking two suppressed rifles, my 308 Sako TRG with my AAC Cyclone and my 6.8 LWRC and AAC M4-2000. </div></div>

Night vision is also OK for that scenario. No lights however, visible or infrared.