• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keltec KSG Bullpup Pump Shotgun

Re: Keltec KSG Bullpup Pump Shotgun

I've seen all the incredible skill out here (in the forums, from DIY to full out customs), but I don't understand all the shit talking from people who have only seen a few pictures and read the spec sheets? Maybe some got hands-on at SHOT, but probably not even half. I mean, looks like a couple pretty cool ideas, I'm happy to see them. Especially as they're apparently so close to being available.

I saw this at Shot and I thought it was pretty cool. I know some dealers who say they should have it by summer. Wouldn't mind having one.

Think I'll stick with my 870 for a while. I would like to take this out to the range for a couple of days and see what it's about. I'll give them one thing, it sure is a departure from traditional design, let's just see if it works.

There is little as ugly as firing a 12 guage with the blast some 12" from your face.

Everything old is new again. From 1960, the model 10A and B. and these were semis. The yoke seen at the rear swung, allowing for the passenger to roll down his window and fire directly ahead when in pursuit.

If you ever fired one of these, you would be thinking...ah nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Standard_Model_10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: laserguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the one from Turkey (UTS -15) is going for 800.00, any idea what the msrp for the Keltec will be? </div></div>

KT said under or at 800 MSRP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kellogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've seen all the incredible skill out here (in the forums, from DIY to full out customs), but I don't understand all the shit talking from people who have only seen a few pictures and read the spec sheets? Maybe some got hands-on at SHOT, but probably not even half. I mean, looks like a couple pretty cool ideas, I'm happy to see them. Especially as they're apparently so close to being available. </div></div>

Semper Fi Kellogg

It seems that some folks believe "shit talking" makes them seem experienced, jaded and hip. Makes me wonder about them.

We all need to remember the 11th Commandment from time to time:
"Thall shall not believe in thine own bullshit"

Anyone have any new info about this rig? The gun interests me as much as the brand frightens me. I've heard some updates where being done post-shot show. Anyone have the latest scoop...including when they may be out so I can get my hands on one to test?

thx
...and, no I don't have any more alpacas available
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: popndrop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A buddy pointed out to me the other day that the action of this firearm is right next to your face... and it's firing a 12ga shell...and it is made by KelTEC...
It this was a Remington, Mossberg, or other reputable company, I'd be all over this thing, but having owned other KelTec firearms in the past - I don't think i'll be in line for this one. Don't get me wrong, the little .380 and even the SU16 I have are great little "limited use" firearms - but that much gunpowder going off millimeters away from my face in a KelTec...no thanks. </div></div>

12 Ga is about the lowest pressure round you can get...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: popndrop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A buddy pointed out to me the other day that the action of this firearm is right next to your face... and it's firing a 12ga shell...and it is made by KelTEC...
It this was a Remington, Mossberg, or other reputable company, I'd be all over this thing, but having owned other KelTec firearms in the past - I don't think i'll be in line for this one. Don't get me wrong, the little .380 and even the SU16 I have are great little "limited use" firearms - but that much gunpowder going off millimeters away from my face in a KelTec...no thanks. </div></div>

12 Ga is about the lowest pressure round you can get... </div></div>

True, but I would want to look at it first and check out how much metal is there...
I have never liked bullpup designs because of this very reason.
Hopefully they dont explode like the PMR-30!

I was just thinking that it was pretty cheap for a completely new design with probably no parts in common with existing designs. SVI pistols have polymer frame lowers, but that doesn't mean they aren't worthy of their relatively high price tag.

I agree that having muzzle blast that close to your face may be a little disconcerting. I think adding four-six inches of barrel and extening the mag tubes likewise would make the gun a bit more user-friendly, but I can see the wisdom in putting a premium on compactness. I won't be selling my Saigas, but I may be supplementing them.

I was very excited about this when I first heard, then found out it's pump.

I much prefer my semi saiga 12.

for the purpose of a weapon like this, I think a semi is more useful.

nuttinfancy did a video regarding this in one of this combat courses and the keltec lagged behind with all the pumping etc. the saiga 12 was just knocking targets out likea rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was very excited about this when I first heard, then found out it's pump.

nuttinfancy did a video regarding this in one of this combat courses and the keltec lagged behind with all the pumping etc. the saiga 12 was just knocking targets out likea rifle.</div></div>

Saiga 12 and an MD Arms 20 round mag...all day long

Handled a production KSG today, and it's indeed pretty sweet. They improved the slide release lever over the original awkward nub to more closely resemble the bolt release found on the XCR or ACR. It's impressively fast and smooth to rack and dry-fire, although that doesn't lend much insight into actual shooting experience.

They're going to take at least another year or two before getting anywhere close to MSRP on the street.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BravoSector1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
taseal said:
I was very excited about this when I first heard, then found out it's pump.

nuttinfancy did a video regarding this in one of this combat courses and the keltec lagged behind with all the pumping etc. the saiga 12 was just knocking targets out likea rifle.</div></div>

Saiga 12 and an MD Arms 20 round mag...all day long [/quote

that's what I'm saying :)