• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Fw release 1.44 today does not include any ballistic changes.

Kestrel Ballistics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Boothwyn PA
kestrelinstruments.com
Upcoming Firmware Update 1.44 is NOT Required for Kestrel Ballistics Meters!

Please be aware that we are releasing a new firmware update that will affect all Kestrel 5000 series units. Please note that this firmware update does NOT have any new features for Kestrel Ballistics Meters. You do not need to complete the firmware update for pairing with the Kestrel Ballistics app.

It has new features for the Kestrel 5000 series weather meters and Kestrel LiNK weather app. But there are no new features or functions for the ballistics meters or the ballistics app. When you receive the in-app notification regarding the latest firmware update, you can simply ignore it.

Reactions: MarkELR

Please give advise to fix...
I have do the update before your post. It is not best practice to give a in-app notification for a firmware, which bricks the device and which is not necessary...

Best regards

Please give advise to fix...
I have do the update before your post. It is not best practice to give a in-app notification for a firmware, which bricks the device and which is not necessary...

Best regards
We have pulled down the update. We are looking into the issue and hope to have an updated fix as quick as we can. I am very sorry as this was tested prior to release so we have to investigate what changed.

We have pulled down the update. We are looking into the issue and hope to have an updated fix as quick as we can. I am very sorry as this was tested prior to release so we have to investigate what changed.
It will be a few more days as we address some issues with Kestrel LiNK Ballistics and false firmware update failure notifications. Version 1.45 will fix the profile transfer issue and can be loaded with Kestrel LINK for MAC or Windows now if you have our cable or dongle. Otherwise we sincerely apologize and thank you for your patience.