• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Kimber 8400 advanced tactical

Re: Kimber 8400 advanced tactical

I recently purchased one in 308. I have not done much other than season the bore, because I was working with a different rifle. I just finished working on some different loads for the Kimber and hope to find out how well it shoots this week sometime. Supposed to be in the 60's Wed ,Thu & Fri this week, so I plan on spending some time at the range. I'll give you an update later on this week. Hope it's all good.

I tried to get one, but after nearly 5 months of annoyance with Kimber, I canceled the order. I was ultimately very dissatisfied with my experience with Kimber over that.

It seems like some 8400 ATs pop up every now and then for a really good deal. New ones and used ones. I wanted to get one, chop the barrel down to 18" and thread it for a brake, and add a Badger M5 DBM or something similar. Then I found out that I can basically get that with the FN SPR A5M for a lot less money.

Seven different loads......2 of 7 @ .70".........1 of 7 .5"......
3 of 7 sub .5" and one key hole group.
39 grains IMR 4895 with Speer 168 gr hpbt, WLR primer was the most accurate load. Varget has always been my most accurate for 308, I was surprised at the results for 4895. I'll keep trying a few different loads and see if any perform as well. The rifle has less than 75 rds fired, maybe it will even get better with more rounds fired. So I am quite pleased with the rifle at the moment. After how many rounds do you guys feel that a barrel settles in and shoots as good as it ever will?