• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights armament SR 25 accuracy?

i'll keep feeding my family of 6 with lean protein all dumped with a 77gr tmk or 108 eld-m

you can the title as ethics police.

btw mr moose didn't like a match bullet either.
D4C33D25-254B-4385-AD97-E58C8701AB01.jpeg

What are you like 12!??

I'll tell you what I'll bump it up to $500.00, you film yourself shooting a 100 yard 6x5 at .5 MOA or less with your SR25 I'll pay you $500.00!!
He'll bitch out. I still haven't seen 'em do it or post in the last two pages

Reactions: Genesis1984
So true. If I've just dropped $2500 on a KAC rifle, I really don't want to come on this forum and read a thread where everyone is saying that I'm a complete idiot who could have bought a PSA rifle that's just as good for $800. But I love reading threads claiming that anyone who knows anything about AR's understands that KAC' are better than every other rifle ever made and worth every penny.

And I just bought a used LMT upper - so we'll see if they rule. :)
how are you liking it?

I wish I had KAC, I would really like to shoot .25moa. Although if it does not hold hunting ammo even below .5, it is nearly worthless.
I suggest you try Savage or some other bolt action that has been deemed a precision tool by experts, I think you will like its performance!

Reactions: Genesis1984
how are you liking it?
So, upper has arrived and I've mounted an extra Sig red dot I had lying around and mated it with a MARS lower I just built up. Upper is a 10.5" police trade in that I picked up pretty cheap on Gunbroker. I've had pretty good luck with a couple of police trade ins in the past ... they are usually a little beat up on the outside, but tend not to have been shot all that much. Have no idea how many rounds have been through this upper, but barrel looks to be in pretty good shape. Didn't come with a charging handle, but that's ok, I generally run a Radian or Geissele anyway and just picked up a blemished Geissele specifically for this upper. Lower has a brace and a LaRue trigger.

So far I'm loving the lower - my first MARS/LMT lower, and as a lefty the ambidextrous set up is really nice. Have put about 150 rounds through it so far and gun seems really solid. Gun really seems set up for hard use. And accuracy has been good enough. Sighting in I got one three shot group where all the rounds were touching at 50 yards. That's with a red dot. And able to get hits on a 12" plate at 200 with pretty good consistency. Obviously nothing to write home about, but all the accuracy I really need from a gun that's not intended to shoot beyond 200 and will spend 95% of the time shooting at 100 and in.

The one thing I have noticed is that recoil is definitely sharper than my 11.5" DD upper. Not sure if this is because the DD has a Dead Air muzzle brake on it and LMT just a flash hider, or because of the way the LMT is gassed.

However, I really bought this gun as a reliable, hard use gun that I can beat the sh*t out of ... and for that it is perfect.

So, upper has arrived and I've mounted an extra Sig red dot I had lying around and mated it with a MARS lower I just built up. Upper is a 10.5" police trade in that I picked up pretty cheap on Gunbroker. I've had pretty good luck with a couple of police trade ins in the past ... they are usually a little beat up on the outside, but tend not to have been shot all that much. Have no idea how many rounds have been through this upper, but barrel looks to be in pretty good shape. Didn't come with a charging handle, but that's ok, I generally run a Radian or Geissele anyway and just picked up a blemished Geissele specifically for this upper. Lower has a brace and a LaRue trigger.

So far I'm loving the lower - my first MARS/LMT lower, and as a lefty the ambidextrous set up is really nice. Have put about 150 rounds through it so far and gun seems really solid. Gun really seems set up for hard use. And accuracy has been good enough. Sighting in I got one three shot group where all the rounds were touching at 50 yards. That's with a red dot. And able to get hits on a 12" plate at 200 with pretty good consistency. Obviously nothing to write home about, but all the accuracy I really need from a gun that's not intended to shoot beyond 200 and will spend 95% of the time shooting at 100 and in.

The one thing I have noticed is that recoil is definitely sharper than my 11.5" DD upper. Not sure if this is because the DD has a Dead Air muzzle brake on it and LMT just a flash hider, or because of the way the LMT is gassed.

However, I really bought this gun as a reliable, hard use gun that I can beat the sh*t out of ... and for that it is perfect.
nice, glad you are liking it. I have never seen a lmt trade in but wouldn't mind grabbing one. I use the dead air brakes and will say the recoil is certainly lessened by them vs a standard flashider. Your recoil impulse should be less due to design and weight imho

That means 30 rounds = $65.985
Plus tax
Plus shipping
Plus hazmat fee for shipping ammo (some places charge for it, some don't).

So roughly you'll be getting about $15 for your time and trouble getting to the range, setting up, possible range fees, targets, drive home, and cleaning your weapon.

Uh, no.
Not only no, but fuck no.

Did I miss anything ?
Ya, youre missing the part where he didnt mention going to the range especially for this. Next time you go, shoot this. Youre going to shoot anyways, right? Seems like an exceptionally easy way to get the ammo for that gun that day paid (or partially) paid for. I mean, you can pass the challenge, right? Why WOULDNT you do so? Btw, fellow sr25 owner here. I just dont pretend the gun is something its not.

No, I probably shouldn’t have put all day long. The gun is capable of.5 to .6 though, I believe. I shot several 3 round groups and measured it with a tape measure and the groups were 1/2” to 5/8”. Of course when I am trying to sight in a scope or seeing how a certain ammo performs I use sandbags and/or a bipod, which eliminates a lot of error.
3 shots? Gross and useless.

3 shots? Gross and useless.
This is an old thread but, I guess people are still looking at it. Either way, found the hunting ammo the gun likes. Berger classic hunter 185gr, three rounds at 100. Yeah, three is enough for me. 😄

Attachments

• F23EF09F-23A0-4197-8E4D-FBB986AEDE5F.jpeg
    F23EF09F-23A0-4197-8E4D-FBB986AEDE5F.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: ToKeepAndBear
Are we still fucking doing this?

I can hit a 60% IPSC at 850 yards with a Mk12Mod1 4/5 times with @GumbyActual sitting there.

Large frame 6.5CM is a total joke at that point.

• Haha
Reactions: Two36