• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights armament SR 25 accuracy?

Not exactly. I expected the rifle to shoot quality hunting ammo better than a cheap ass Walmart gun though. There’s obviously no point in having one of these expensive (supposedly precision) rifles for other than shooting a piece of paper which I find lame as hell. These other guys commenting 1 to 1.25 moa is the best they can do with match ammo, that’s pathetic. I can hit 1.5 moa with a damn 30/30 Winchester.
So you shoot ammo that the rifle was not designed/intended for, the results are bad (hardly unpredictable), and you are upset about it.

Perhaps you should take this conversation to arfcom or reddit.

So you shoot ammo that the rifle was not designed/intended for, the results are bad (hardly unpredictable), and you are upset about it.

Do you think there won’t be as many smart ass pricks over there, that’s about all I see over here. You people can’t open your mouth without being smart ass. Reminds me of them Facebook pussies, they’re all badasses over there sitting behind there computer. I guess that’s the way it is nowadays. What a shame

I’m serious, read back through these comments at what these people are saying. Only one or two of the first ones weren’t asses.

Reactions: SmolPP
I’m serious, read back through these comments at what these people are saying. Only one or two of the first ones weren’t asses.

Yeah there's a lot of clowns.

For whatever reason, KAC is pretty divisive topic.

Good luck with your SR25. KAC makes nice rifles. But with any platform, you need to feed it the ammo it was intended to perform with. I have some bolt guns that are amazingly precise, but they probably won't shoot near to their capability with off the shelf hunting ammo. It just doesn't work that way.

Sounds like your rifle doesn't like certain projectiles that it may not be designed for This isn't anything out of the ordinary.

This thread was fun though.

Can you clarify why you are looking to use these hunting bullets if you're just hunting hogs and you have other ammo performing so well? Are shooting off a tripod in a field with those guns or what?

It's been my experience that my 140gr 6.5 and 175gr 308 SMK loads and 175 FGMM will drop pretty much any hog if placed in the upper body. I mean, I took several last week with 55gr fmj out of a 13.5" gun at 10, 75 and 130m and 2 of those were ~300lbs. I usually shoot pigs at night or while out walking property, so I'm not big on the weight involved in dragging my LMT setup along, even with my 13.5" barrel.

Reactions: SmolPP and FALex
Juggs and SMK’s kill critters, they just cost more than Winchester Power Points. Lol
I thought the KAC masterrace was beyond such petty concerns as financial constraints

Counties around me throw up the $5 per tail or ears bounty every so often. So just stock up the freezer with hog parts until they get more funding again. Theoretically, if everyone shoots as well as they claim to they should at least break even 😂

1647878160171.png

So I bought a SR 25 APC, put a Nightforce ATACR 4x20-50mm on it. I can hit .5 to .6 moa all day long with FGMM 168gr and Lapua 185gr FMJ. However, every hunting round like Hornady Precision Hunter 185gr and Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 168gr, the best I can get is 1.5 to 2 moa groups. Is that how these SR 25’s are, just accurate with target bullets?
.5 MOA all day? Does that mean if you're at the range all day, you'll get one .5 group?

Is this the portion of the thread where I tell you my budget build PSA does the same thing your KAC does???
only if you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't get a qc turd out of the box but you overall point is mostly correct and the law of diminishing returns is something every person should reacquaint themselves with. I liken the cheap crap (I include psa in that) to the bell curve. All AR platforms lay on that curve but where and for how long in each point is debatable.

Do you think there won’t be as many smart ass pricks over there, that’s about all I see over here. You people can’t open your mouth without being smart ass. Reminds me of them Facebook pussies, they’re all badasses over there sitting behind there computer. I guess that’s the way it is nowadays. What a shame
They are just yanking your chain man. don't take it personal. my experience with KAC was excellent,however it would only shoot tight groups when i fed it hand loads. sold it and regret it.

Reactions: SmolPP
Not exactly. I expected the rifle to shoot quality hunting ammo better than a cheap ass Walmart gun though. There’s obviously no point in having one of these expensive (supposedly precision) rifles for other than shooting a piece of paper which I find lame as hell. These other guys commenting 1 to 1.25 moa is the best they can do with match ammo, that’s pathetic. I can hit 1.5 moa with a damn 30/30 Winchester.

Well if you're just going to shoot ammo that is 1.5MOA in almost any gun anyways and then be upset that it shoots....1.5MOA....I don't know what else to tell you.

I can't magically make a bulk 22LR round shoot sub 1MOA just because I want it to or because the rifle is 'match grade'.

Also, most guys saying their semi is 1.5-2.5MOA are both wrong and right at the same time. Between the extended lock time, double recoil impulse and the variables that can be added from a mag fed round that is slammed into the chamber by a piece of flying mass, well, its nowhere as easy as shooting a bolt gun and it will exploit everything it can over a heavier rifle, fed 1 at a time in a much more stable system with about half of the lock time.

But you go shoot your tirdy tirdy.

Do all semi’s fall into the 1.5-2.5 MOA group. Here’s mine from 30 years ago on a low wind afternoon shoot with my first attempt 168 grain reloads

Attachments

• 7022AB87-9205-457D-B84D-01E2EBE9BE5A.jpeg
    7022AB87-9205-457D-B84D-01E2EBE9BE5A.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 64
I don’t measure groups and I don’t hand load but this was fun

Attachments

• 74BBC6E5-23F5-45D5-AB27-5FD979588B38.jpeg
    74BBC6E5-23F5-45D5-AB27-5FD979588B38.jpeg
    597.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 445DD5D8-76D3-455B-9E33-DF61E8E53E3F.jpeg
    445DD5D8-76D3-455B-9E33-DF61E8E53E3F.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: SmolPP and Two36
Fuck a buncha arf.
I know of it, but that's about as close as I've gotten to it.

I just thought it would maybe be of interest in how precious that $100 bet would be.
Most people forget some of the details so I filled them in.

I used to run a hunting lodge and trust me there was never a second when 4 different bets weren't going on.
I'm in it to make money if I can, no reason to lose it.
AmIright ?
If you are having to buy ammo at this point just to shoot the challenge...you prepped wrong.

Should have the ammo stacked deep already.

So I bought a SR 25 APC, put a Nightforce ATACR 4x20-50mm on it. I can hit .5 to .6 moa all day long with FGMM 168gr and Lapua 185gr FMJ. However, every hunting round like Hornady Precision Hunter 185gr and Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 168gr, the best I can get is 1.5 to 2 moa groups. Is that how these SR 25’s are, just accurate with target bullets?

Yes Match ammo will shoot better in MOST any rifle than hunting ammo.
That is the entire point of match ammo, better accuracy at an increased cost.

But can you do it at 800yds?

Can you clarify why you are looking to use these hunting bullets if you're just hunting hogs and you have other ammo performing so well? Are shooting off a tripod in a field with those guns or what?

It's been my experience that my 140gr 6.5 and 175gr 308 SMK loads and 175 FGMM will drop pretty much any hog if placed in the upper body. I mean, I took several last week with 55gr fmj out of a 13.5" gun at 10, 75 and 130m and 2 of those were ~300lbs. I usually shoot pigs at night or while out walking property, so I'm not big on the weight involved in dragging my LMT setup along, even with my 13.5" barrel.
Fucking hell. You got it man. This past season, I drew a damn good elk tag. I went over to a local reloading shop, looking for some 140 ELD's. Gentleman (a friend of mine, who is also one of these older, curmudgeonly types) asked me if I drew any tags, so I told him about the elk. He asked, "So you think you're gonna kill that big ol' critter with a target bullet?"

I said, "No. I know I am going to kill that big ol' critter with a target bullet."

He told me his Hornady Rep had told him that they never advise folks to use their ELD M's to hunt with.

I asked him, "Doesn't the military use target bullets against humans all the time?" He just paused and said, "I guess so."

Suffice to say, I shot a great bull at 360 with a 147 ELD-M right into both lungs. No further shooting was necessary.

On top of that, 139gr Lapua Scenars also kill the shit out of some large game too! I shot 5 hogs in TX a few years back, all with a .260, all one shot, and have killed a number of deer with it as well. I have zero complaints.

.5 MOA all day? Does that mean if you're at the range all day, you'll get one .5 group?
No, I probably shouldn’t have put all day long. The gun is capable of.5 to .6 though, I believe. I shot several 3 round groups and measured it with a tape measure and the groups were 1/2” to 5/8”. Of course when I am trying to sight in a scope or seeing how a certain ammo performs I use sandbags and/or a bipod, which eliminates a lot of error.

• Haha
Reactions: Genesis1984
Fucking hell. You got it man. This past season, I drew a damn good elk tag. I went over to a local reloading shop, looking for some 140 ELD's. Gentleman (a friend of mine, who is also one of these older, curmudgeonly types) asked me if I drew any tags, so I told him about the elk. He asked, "So you think you're gonna kill that big ol' critter with a target bullet?"

I said, "No. I know I am going to kill that big ol' critter with a target bullet."

He told me his Hornady Rep had told him that they never advise folks to use their ELD M's to hunt with.

I asked him, "Doesn't the military use target bullets against humans all the time?" He just paused and said, "I guess so."

Suffice to say, I shot a great bull at 360 with a 147 ELD-M right into both lungs. No further shooting was necessary.

On top of that, 139gr Lapua Scenars also kill the shit out of some large game too! I shot 5 hogs in TX a few years back, all with a .260, all one shot, and have killed a number of deer with it as well. I have zero complaints.
I agree with that somewhat, I dropped a 160” whitetail in his tracks at 125 yards with Lapua 185 FMJ. But it hit him right in the heart, lucky obviously because I can’t see his organs. But I don’t like the idea of using the FMJ, would suck to hit a monster buck and him run away and not find him. I was thinking of selling the sr 25 and getting a precision bolt gun like a tacops or surgeon or AI but it sounds like I may be wasting money there too if my problem is that the (hunting bullets) are the problem. They may not be sub-moa in a bolt gun either

Reactions: bobke
Nice. Who did the barrel work? I’ve got a shot-out OBR with a 2-digit S/N that Id love to be a 6.5CM.

I use Compass Lake and Craddock precision, Bartlein 6.5/ 8 Twist are is very short supply right now. If you need help with your OBR let me know, I'm very familiar with unfucking LaRue rifles.

• Haha
My average group sizes with the various M80 type (147-150gr FMJ) is 3-5 inches at 100 yards.
From bipod, prone or bench, with 1-6, 1-8, 4-16, and 3-18x optics.

correct-thats-right.gif

3rds isn't a group, it's cherry picking
How is that cherry picking? Shoot three rounds and walk to the target and check it out while the barrel cools down a little, then adjust your scope and shoot three more. Should I shoot half a box, or a full box at a time to not be cheating. Sounds silly

• Haha
If your barrel needs to cool down after three rounds get a better barrel

Since you asked, five rounds is the standard...

Should be easy for you and your half MOA rig Mr. All-day

This is where you have to explain it for those with lower IQ's.

The US military does not care about clean or ethical Kills of game animals. It cares about neutralizing a target/threat. Now that can be wounding it or destroying it but either way it puts it out of the fight. Making hits at longer range is easier with a target bullet for the obvious reasons. If you need that to be explained then maybe the IQ level is lower than originally thought.

Elk is not Deer. Elk is not a Hog. Its not a Human. There are countless stories of good solid hits with an idiot using a target bullet and wounding and losing the animal. Hell there are plenty who have made solid hits with Hunting bullets and still lost the animal. They are big strong animals and are not easy to kill like a thin skinned deer. A bullet fragmenting on a deer is not an issue because they don't have inches or thick hide, muscle, and bone before getting to the sweet spot. Yes people have reported success with target bullets like 215 berger but for some reason people don't run on the net to brag about their shitty shots or missed animals the way they do their success. If you actually live in an area with lots of elk hunters, its obvious what works and what is marginal. Target bullets on elk is fucking retarded and anyone using them is a moron. I have a few friends who have hunted elk their entire lives and a few who are guides and have probally killed more Elk than most here have seen in a lifetime. They have standards for caliber and bullets for a reason. Bad hits and lost animals mean lost money. Getting lucky does not mean its a wise choise. Out of 10 or 100 shots, what is an acceptable success rate for a bullet? 50%? 60? 80?. To spend all that money and time on a tag and hunt to be a cheap fuck using a bullet that is .30 cents less tells you all you need to know about the critical thinking ability they clearly do not possess.

This is where you have to explain it for those with lower IQ's.

The US military does not care about clean or ethical Kills of game animals. It cares about neutralizing a target/threat. Now that can be wounding it or destroying it but either way it puts it out of the fight. Making hits at longer range is easier with a target bullet for the obvious reasons. If you need that to be explained then maybe the IQ level is lower than originally thought.

Elk is not Deer. Elk is not a Hog. Its not a Human. There are countless stories of good solid hits with an idiot using a target bullet and wounding and losing the animal. Hell there are plenty who have made solid hits with Hunting bullets and still lost the animal. They are big strong animals and are not easy to kill like a thin skinned deer. A bullet fragmenting on a deer is not an issue because they don't have inches or thick hide, muscle, and bone before getting to the sweet spot. Yes people have reported success with target bullets like 215 berger but for some reason people don't run on the net to brag about their shitty shots or missed animals the way they do their success. If you actually live in an area with lots of elk hunters, its obvious what works and what is marginal. Target bullets on elk is fucking retarded and anyone using them is a moron. I have a few friends who have hunted elk their entire lives and a few who are guides and have probally killed more Elk than most here have seen in a lifetime. They have standards for caliber and bullets for a reason. Bad hits and lost animals mean lost money. Getting lucky does not mean its a wise choise. Out of 10 or 100 shots, what is an acceptable success rate for a bullet? 50%? 60? 80?. To spend all that money and time on a tag and hunt to be a cheap fuck using a bullet that is .30 cents less tells you all you need to know about the critical thinking ability they clearly do not possess.
You must have all of this scientific ballistic data from all of your institutional testing, right? LMAO!!

You should change your handle to “The Hide Testing Guy” or something sweet like it.

In all seriousness, new guy, your opinion and credibility here are shot. You can drop the names of KAC dudes from now until fucking doomsday, but that will never stop most of us from knowing you’re simply full of shit.

I’ll keep schwacking shit with target bullets, and you can continue douching the sand out, or call PETA, maybe they’ll give a fuck about your crying.

You must have all of this scientific ballistic data from all of your institutional testing, right? LMAO!!

You should change your handle to “The Hide Testing Guy” or something sweet like it.

In all seriousness, new guy, your opinion and credibility here are shot. You can drop the names of KAC dudes from now until fucking doomsday, but that will never stop most of us from knowing you’re simply full of shit.

I’ll keep schwacking shit with target bullets, and you can continue douching the sand out, or call PETA, maybe they’ll give a fuck about your crying
What are you even talking about? My credibility? Dropping names of kac dudes? Also that I’m full of shit, why? I just asked the question if these sr 25s would not shoot hunting ammo better than 1.5 to 2 moa accuracy. Sounds like you just enjoy being a cock sucker, well congratulations because you are.

FYI, that wasn’t directed at you
He quoted a different guy

Thread is a little testy.

Sounds like the consensus is that the hunting ammo would probably shoot close to the same in any semi auto rifle you choose.

On another note… and Im sure you know, but the SR25 is battle rifle that does not have a match chamber. Purposely designed to give it the best chance of auto loading in adverse, dirty, sandy conditions. I have a GAP10 and would not expect it to perform the same as an SR25. It’s accurate, but I don’t think it would shoot hunting ammo well either.

And FWIW, I’ve been on the list for an sr25 for over a year.

Reactions: Two36
I spread all the tissues out and laid in a comfy couch and fluffed the pillows and made sure my phone is charged and found the earbuds and there STILL isn’t a fresh video out with .5” groups? From somebody??

Gdamnit. $65 worth of ammo. $12k KAC. This dude does not abide.

I’ll keep schwacking shit with target bullets, and you can continue douching the sand out, or call PETA, maybe they’ll give a fuck about your crying.

But...but... He's a 1/2 MOA all day KAC Operator, and a wild game sniper with his 30-30😂

What are you even talking about? My credibility? Dropping names of kac dudes? Also that I’m full of shit, why? I just asked the question if these sr 25s would not shoot hunting ammo better than 1.5 to 2 moa accuracy. Sounds like you just enjoy being a cock sucker, well congratulations because you are.
Typically, when a member quotes another member and then comments on that quote, the comment is intended as a response to said quote.

DorkingWhileMounting knew my response was for him, but allowed you to believe you were the intended recipient, instead of standing up and telling you, “that was directed at me.”

I cannot remember the last time I was labeled a cock sucker, but since you believe you were the disparaged party in our non-interaction, I’ll forgive you.

Maybe you can teach me to shoot like shit, like you do. I’d like to see the bunch of fucking retards that would pay you to teach them to shoot 1.5 moa!🤣I especially liked the pictures of your cobbled up piece of shit looking guns that you posted that your obviously proud of! I’ve got waaay better rifles than you, maybe that’s why you’re struggling for sub-moa!! 😢

Maybe you can teach me to shoot like shit, like you do. I’d like to see the bunch of fucking retards that would pay you to teach them to shoot 1.5 moa!🤣I especially liked the pictures of your cobbled up piece of shit looking guns that you posted that your obviously proud of! I’ve got waaay better rifles than you, maybe that’s why you’re struggling for sub-moa!! 😢

What are you like 12!??

I'll tell you what I'll bump it up to $500.00, you film yourself shooting a 100 yard 6x5 at .5 MOA or less with your SR25 I'll pay you $500.00!!

Seekins SP10 in 6.5CM. She makes shooting a Gasser easy and runs like a top. That’s two separate outings on the same target.
I’ll get it back out on paper sometime soon and post up one of those 6x5 master race targets. I mostly just shoot steel now but it’s fun to see how she prints.

Attachments

• F0A17061-7F47-4F04-BA26-C21E51D5D414.jpeg
    F0A17061-7F47-4F04-BA26-C21E51D5D414.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 64